Airlifted from Wal Mart parking lot &...

Airlifted from Wal Mart parking lot & not River Park Hospital?

Posted in the McMinnville Forum

justmythoughts

Altamont, TN

#1 Sep 12, 2010
I was behind Wal Marts a few days ago and I saw someone being airlifted from there. I ask someone why they were not being lifted
from River Park Hospital. The answer I got was surprising.
"It is because River Park charges them too much to land and Wal Mart lets them land for free".
Makes sense

Orangeburg, SC

#2 Sep 21, 2010
I thought Walmart was selling helicopters now, your idea makes so much more sense.
Could you imagine if all the people who shop at Walmart had helicopters? It would not be safe anywhere.
What a crappy thing about Riverpark, I bet they start charging you to park there when you visit before to long.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#3 Sep 21, 2010
Makes sense wrote:
I thought Walmart was selling helicopters now, your idea makes so much more sense.
Could you imagine if all the people who shop at Walmart had helicopters? It would not be safe anywhere.
What a crappy thing about Riverpark, I bet they start charging you to park there when you visit before to long.
Hey, I wouldn't take my dog to Riverpart. Instead, we go to Murfreesboro. You can drive down there, see a GOOD doctor and be back home, before you can get in at Riverpark.

Location hidden

#4 Sep 21, 2010
I agree, it is a shame Riverpark is charging so much lifeline won't pay it. (It would just be passed on the the customer). Thank good Wal Mart at least has the heart to let them land free.
bbbwh

Robbins, TN

#5 Sep 24, 2010
hats off to wal mart riverpark sucks

Mcminnville, TN

#6 Sep 26, 2010
Walmart was the fastest and safest place we could set up the LZ(landing zone) for Erlanger's helo to land.
seriously

Altamont, TN

#7 Dec 6, 2010
The reason they fly from Wal-Mart is because by medical law or something like that: If a patient is brought onto the property of RPH, then they must be seen by the ER DR.(legality and liability issues) Once the patient is on the hospitals property, they become the hospitals patient, because the drs there are a higher level of care than the ones on the ambulance or in the helicopter.
It would be more trouble than it is worth, and cause more lives to be lost if the Ambulance took the dying patient into the hospital, the hospital staff look them over and say yeah they need to fly, then the helicopter come get the patient. Landing at wal-mart cuts out the middle man. I have seen heli's land at motlow to get patients.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McMinnville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Buying a house in McMinnville 15 hr haukin 3
Moving to McMinnville and need contractor recom... 15 hr haukin 4
Savanna Mason 15 hr Fionna 14
Pam King 17 hr Antifa 1
Matt wenger 21 hr Nastynancy 4
Cheats Sun Karma 6
Fat Scout Sat MaryJane22 2

McMinnville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance