Billy's Restaurant
Marlena Lawson

Charlotte, NC

#1 Feb 23, 2013
I think it was just wrong for Billy of Billy's Restaurant to fire his cook just because she is pregnant. What do you think?
Jane

Altamont, TN

#2 Feb 23, 2013
Marlena Lawson wrote:
I think it was just wrong for Billy of Billy's Restaurant to fire his cook just because she is pregnant. What do you think?
Right to hire, right to fire. She could be a liability. However are you sure this is why he fired her? Or are you just trying to make stuff up? I ate there last week and the food was not good at all.
just saying

Smartt, TN

#3 Mar 1, 2013
firing someone JUST because they are pregnant is discrimination and is illegal. However you can pick any other reason... late to work, slow, hateful...as a cover if you really dont want the person working there...

Jane, how is a pregnant woman any more of a Liability than any one else... i worked up until the day i delivered and i was no diffrent than any one else
Jane

Altamont, TN

#4 Mar 1, 2013
just saying wrote:
firing someone JUST because they are pregnant is discrimination and is illegal. However you can pick any other reason... late to work, slow, hateful...as a cover if you really dont want the person working there...

Jane, how is a pregnant woman any more of a Liability than any one else... i worked up until the day i delivered and i was no diffrent than any one else
I didn't say she was a liability because she was pregnant. I worked the day I gave birth and I was doing harder labor than cooking. I have seen a waitress around 3-4 months saying that she couldn't lift anything more than a pound because she was pregnant.(I'm guessing trying to get out of doing things) Maybe this girl was doing the same thing.
The person that posted the original post never answered my question about how they knew it was the reason she got fired. It's not right to get on here slamming someone for something you do not know the whole truth about.
Knows the real story

Cowpens, SC

#5 Mar 5, 2013
For both of you information he did not fire her. get your facts straight before spreading rumors.
Knows the real story

Cowpens, SC

#6 Mar 5, 2013
For everyone who deserves to know the real story she was not fired. Billy asked her to take off a couple weeks earlier than she had planned simply because she was miserable. Between her feet swelling and not being able to do things herself, she thought it would be in her and her child's beat interest to go on and rest. He told her to let him know when she has her child and is fully recovered so she could return to work. She is a good worker and has gained Billy's respect by her work ethic, but to spread nothing but rumors about his business is so wrong. Bless her heart for lying on billy like that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McMinnville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beware of John Miracle 28 min Self-Righteous Ja... 1
Trouble at Central? 1 hr Ohyeah 6
Dentist is doing less drilling (Apr '17) 4 hr ruh roh 5
Plant and Tree sale at the mid high school? 6 hr To tell the truth 4
phoenix ledbetter (Apr '16) Tue Tryme 3
is RYANs resrurant closing (Feb '08) Tue nutzaplente 9
Shelby Woods Tue Dog 6

McMinnville Jobs

Personal Finance

McMinnville Mortgages