New Development on Mckinney Ranch Par...

New Development on Mckinney Ranch Parkway in Mckinney

Posted in the McKinney Forum

Ken

Dallas, TX

#1 Sep 6, 2010
I heard something about a new development on Mckinney Ranch Parkway between Stacy and Ridge rd. I saw where they have cleared the land and some engineers have been there every day. Anybody know what it is?
Yep

Melissa, TX

#2 Sep 7, 2010
I think its the new Traxaas building. Suppose to have a four story building with a retail componant nect to it.

By STEVE BROWN / The Dallas Morning News
[email protected]
A Plano company that designs and manufactures radio-controlled hobby cars, boats and other vehicles is moving its head office to McKinney.

Merriman Associates
An artist's rendering shows the 160,000-square-foot Traxxas building that will be the first phase of a 250-acre business park between Custer and Stacy roads in McKinney.
Developers of McKinney's Craig Ranch will announce today that Traxxas LP will move to a headquarters campus to be built in the mixed-use community north of State Highway 121.

The deal comes just two weeks after project owner Craig International said it had formed a partnership with developer KDC to build a 250-acre business park between Custer and Stacy roads.

The 160,000-square-foot building for Traxxas will be the first phase of that project. The $12 million to $15 million building will be constructed on 12 acres at the northwest corner of State Highway 121 and Stacy Road.

The office, research and development, and distribution complex also will include retail space to showcase Traxxas' products.

"We have spent the past three years looking for the right place to relocate the corporate headquarters of Traxxas," CEO Michael Jenkins said in a prepared statement.

He said Craig Ranch's location and amenities, including athletics and sports facilities, were a factor in the company's decisions.

McKinney's economic development group provided $400,000 in incentives to land the Traxxas move. And the city of McKinney is offering tax abatements with the potential value of $280,000.

McKinney Mayor Brian Loughmiller said Traxxas won't get all the incentives until it meets specific employment targets.

"We hope to get more deals like Traxxas," Loughmiller said.

David Pitstick, president of the McKinney Economic Development Corp., said that Traxxas is "a growing business which markets and sells products all over the world. It's the type of project we want here."

About 100 Traxxas employees will work in the new office and research and development project when it opens late next year.

The project is being built by KDC, and Merriman Associates is the architect.

Traxxas is now at 11 Klein Road, north of Plano Parkway in the Plano Tech Center.

The company got its start in 1986 building radio-controlled toy hobby cars and now operates out of its Plano base and a location in England. Its products are sold in more than 30 countries.

Pitstick said McKinney, which has landed several corporate facilities this year, is looking forward to the Craig Ranch commercial development.

"We've never had really a high-profile, master-planned business park like this," he said. "The location along State Highway 121 has changed a lot."

Craig International projects that its new business park has the potential to see $575 million in development during the next 10 years.

The developer said it provided half a million dollars in infrastructure and other private incentives for the Traxxas deal.

Craig Ranch is a 2,200-acre mixed-use project that includes residences, a golf course and other amenities.
Ken

Mckinney, TX

#3 Sep 7, 2010
It says the location is the NW corner of highway 121 and Stacy rd. There is no activity at that location. The activity I see is north of Stacy rd which I don't think is part of Craig Ranch so I don't think it's the same thing. Also the development I heard about is residential I think.
Yep wrote:
I think its the new Traxaas building. Suppose to have a four story building with a retail componant nect to it.
By STEVE BROWN / The Dallas Morning News
[email protected]
A Plano company that designs and manufactures radio-controlled hobby cars, boats and other vehicles is moving its head office to McKinney.
Merriman Associates
An artist's rendering shows the 160,000-square-foot Traxxas building that will be the first phase of a 250-acre business park between Custer and Stacy roads in McKinney.
Developers of McKinney's Craig Ranch will announce today that Traxxas LP will move to a headquarters campus to be built in the mixed-use community north of State Highway 121.
The deal comes just two weeks after project owner Craig International said it had formed a partnership with developer KDC to build a 250-acre business park between Custer and Stacy roads.
The 160,000-square-foot building for Traxxas will be the first phase of that project. The $12 million to $15 million building will be constructed on 12 acres at the northwest corner of State Highway 121 and Stacy Road.
The office, research and development, and distribution complex also will include retail space to showcase Traxxas' products.
"We have spent the past three years looking for the right place to relocate the corporate headquarters of Traxxas," CEO Michael Jenkins said in a prepared statement.
He said Craig Ranch's location and amenities, including athletics and sports facilities, were a factor in the company's decisions.
McKinney's economic development group provided $400,000 in incentives to land the Traxxas move. And the city of McKinney is offering tax abatements with the potential value of $280,000.
McKinney Mayor Brian Loughmiller said Traxxas won't get all the incentives until it meets specific employment targets.
"We hope to get more deals like Traxxas," Loughmiller said.
David Pitstick, president of the McKinney Economic Development Corp., said that Traxxas is "a growing business which markets and sells products all over the world. It's the type of project we want here."
About 100 Traxxas employees will work in the new office and research and development project when it opens late next year.
The project is being built by KDC, and Merriman Associates is the architect.
Traxxas is now at 11 Klein Road, north of Plano Parkway in the Plano Tech Center.
The company got its start in 1986 building radio-controlled toy hobby cars and now operates out of its Plano base and a location in England. Its products are sold in more than 30 countries.
Pitstick said McKinney, which has landed several corporate facilities this year, is looking forward to the Craig Ranch commercial development.
"We've never had really a high-profile, master-planned business park like this," he said. "The location along State Highway 121 has changed a lot."
Craig International projects that its new business park has the potential to see $575 million in development during the next 10 years.
The developer said it provided half a million dollars in infrastructure and other private incentives for the Traxxas deal.
Craig Ranch is a 2,200-acre mixed-use project that includes residences, a golf course and other amenities.
Yep

Melissa, TX

#4 Sep 8, 2010
Sorry then. I dont know, but will try and find out
Ken

United States

#5 Sep 10, 2010
Ok,thanks. It's not all that important though. I just thought someone might know.
Happy

Dallas, TX

#6 Sep 14, 2010
Any new news on the development
happy

Lavon, TX

#8 Sep 18, 2010
Tried to open the link and there was nothing. Please try again. Thanks for the update!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKinney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Corruption in the Collin County Family Court Sy... (Sep '10) 2 hr Stacey 74
Gale Corbett Hutchinson (Oct '15) 18 hr Jennifer hutchin... 16
Windsor Meadows " The ghetto at Westridge" (Mar '09) Aug 25 Abby501 22
Review: Fat Joe's Pizza-Allen (Oct '08) Aug 25 scammed as well 30
Who Are the Bad Family Law Attorneys in Collin ... (Feb '10) Aug 25 scammed as well 10
Terri Green Running For Judge - 380th District ... (Nov '11) Aug 24 Noeui 35
Don't Move to Berry Farms! Aug 10 lifeinmelissatexas 1

McKinney Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

McKinney Mortgages