Cheerleaders Run Wild in Lifetime's 'Fab Five' - Tatum O'Neal, ...

Full story: Zap2it.com 168
Lifetime has given the go-ahead to a movie about a group of Texas cheerleaders whose wild behavior made national headlines a couple years back. Full Story
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
assuit

Berkeley, CA

#1 Feb 22, 2008
Instead of renewal of the fabulous series Blood ties we get this "women empowering" crud. Way to go Lifetime. You should look at the gems you already have and put your time and energy into those.
Unbelievable

Lancaster, TX

#2 Feb 25, 2008
if people knew the real story behind Linda Theret they would be making a totally different kind of movie. This person is as bad as an individual can be.
outraged

Dallas, TX

#3 Feb 25, 2008
i cannot believe they are actually going to make a movie out of this will these girls get any money from this? one of my family members who was living with me at the time went to school and graduated with some of these girls and have heard first hand about things that went on this is a sad day for our community to be remembered as the community that brought up the fab 5 and to have it on tv. its bad enough it was in teen magazine.where they enterveiwed my family member about what she knew.this is bad is there anything we can do to try and stop it from happening?
sarah

Dallas, TX

#4 Feb 25, 2008
I actually live in this town and this is the most ridiculous thing ever. they should make a movie about how student athletes gets preferencial treatment, not about these cheerleaders and teachers. want a scandal? look at teachers and coaches all over the nation, not just this texas town.

Since: Feb 08

Longview, TX

#5 Feb 26, 2008
shame on the teachers and parents for turning their heads...and thanks for the legacy you helped leave mckinney. what a sad thing for out town to be know for. hope your proud.....

Since: Jan 08

kennewick wa.

#6 Feb 26, 2008
i agree
christie hughes wrote:
shame on the teachers and parents for turning their heads...and thanks for the legacy you helped leave mckinney. what a sad thing for out town to be know for. hope your proud.....
marissa

Arlington, TX

#7 Feb 27, 2008
i cant wait for this movie to come out!

i go to mckinney north high school and i was on the cheerleding squad 07-08 but not
when the scandal happened but i
still attended north.

but, i can tunble really well
was a gymnast for 6 yrs and
a cheerleader for 4yrs so if
you need any extras or anything
find me at mckinney north..

kennewick wa.

#8 Feb 28, 2008
oh what it would be to be so young and naive
marissa wrote:
i cant wait for this movie to come out!
i go to mckinney north high school and i was on the cheerleding squad 07-08 but not
when the scandal happened but i
still attended north.
but, i can tunble really well
was a gymnast for 6 yrs and
a cheerleader for 4yrs so if
you need any extras or anything
find me at mckinney north..
Kayla

Frisco, TX

#9 Feb 29, 2008
outraged wrote:
i cannot believe they are actually going to make a movie out of this will these girls get any money from this? one of my family members who was living with me at the time went to school and graduated with some of these girls and have heard first hand about things that went on this is a sad day for our community to be remembered as the community that brought up the fab 5 and to have it on tv. its bad enough it was in teen magazine.where they enterveiwed my family member about what she knew.this is bad is there anything we can do to try and stop it from happening?
There's nothing anyone can do. They've already selected the cast and begun filming. It's set to premiere early summer. Someone had to have sold the story and signed a contract to let them film this movie. I'm guessing Mrs. Ward...
Deven

Gretna, LA

#10 Mar 1, 2008
It's being filmed right now in Louisiana on a school campus that closed recently.
John

United States

#11 Mar 1, 2008
All of them are a bunch of turds. Theret, the girl's, administration, and especially the money grubbing hoe Michela Ward. At first I had sympathy for her.. Now She's in it for herself and trying to capitalize on her 15 minutes of fame that just wont go away.

McKinney resident..
ash

Gretna, LA

#12 Mar 1, 2008
this movie is being taped at my old high school!
Kayla

Frisco, TX

#13 Mar 5, 2008
Yes I was right. I just read that it was Michaela Ward who sold the story. The movie is going to be very one sided it seems like. Too bad most people won't know the real story behind Mrs. Ward and how "great" she was of a role model and a coach.
Brooke-Belle Chasse_LA

Metairie, LA

#14 Mar 18, 2008
I know... it's Blenk's campus!!! I'm interested to see this movie because it's being filmed on my Alma Mater's campus... Sorry to those who don't agree with the movie but it's a great way for our school to live on! I thought they actually were reopening the school when I saw all the cars in the parking lot and the bus in the circle driveway!
Deven wrote:
It's being filmed right now in Louisiana on a school campus that closed recently.
utterinwordsyo

Dallas, TX

#15 Mar 25, 2008
this is funny!!!

kennewick wa.

#16 Mar 26, 2008
utterinwordsyo wrote:
this is funny!!!
why is this so fuuny to you. now all the cheerleaders are going to think lets be really mean and nasty and maybe well get on tv
Nathan

Plano, TX

#17 Apr 16, 2008
That is my highschool i knew some of those cheerleaders i had class with them thats crazy!!!
brittany

Mandeville, LA

#18 May 22, 2008
i was an extra in this movie and wanted to know when it is going to come out??
unknown

Phoenix, AZ

#20 May 26, 2008
I was on this cheerleading squad with those girls. They are in no way, shape or form, being depicted accurately. There was no scandal rather just a coach,(who was only the coach for 5 months might I add) who abused HER power, blew the entire thing out of proportion and sold her soul to the media. "Mean girls" or "fab 5" exists everywhere, not just Mckinney North. Preferential treatment is always given to the athletes and to those involved because it is usually those kids that are active, that really know the principals, and talk to the teachers. Theret didn't treat these girls differently because of her daughters involvement, in fact in the entire four years that I was on the cheer squad she never handled any of the disciplinary actions that were enforced. It was the assistant principal, Brunner and the cheerleading coach. The person who handled the actions of the Fab 5, was the superintendent. Ms. Ward and the media have skewed the reality of the situation so far from the truth. Ms. Ward IS the one who sold the story to lifetime. It is Ms. Ward who should be ashamed, not the fab five, or the cheerleaders, or even the school.
Stephanie

Atlanta, GA

#21 Jun 3, 2008
I dont think this movie shouldbe made. That town/school got enough embarrassment as it is back when the story came out. As a cheerleader i dont think that we should be "portrayed" as the girls who get away with everything and who make bad grades and stuff. I have a 4.0 GPA and most cheerleaders are just like me and dont do that stuff.Yes what they did was wrong but we dont need to bring it back up in the world of topics. They got punishment and now they probably dont want to know about how this movie is going to be about how horrible they were.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKinney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FREE Beautiful Koi Fish (Jul '11) 21 hr Bella 41
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Dec 17 98 Degree Diarrhea 595
Boy found dead on porch (May '09) Dec 13 no need for a name 29
North Creek (Mar '13) Dec 10 Mrj8484 11
Corruption in the Collin County Family Court Sy... (Sep '10) Dec 1 Proudpapa 57
Review: Reallinx (Jun '10) Dec 1 larryf 11
Christmas Lights Nov 29 Juleah 1

McKinney News Video

McKinney Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

McKinney People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

McKinney News, Events & Info