Review: Trinity Credit Services

Posted in the McKinney Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Barry L

Dallas, TX

#1 Aug 8, 2011
Well I called this guy this week to see if the self promoting he's been doing is legit? Pricing is determined based off of how your credit looks. My credit is pretty ugly, so I expected it to be outrageous, and it was actually less than a thousand. He told me he's seen much worse! LOL. I enrolled a couple of weeks ago, and so far the first letters were sent out, and we're awaiting results. I'll post what happens next. I will say Joey didn't pressure me, or make me feel bad about my situation. I wish it was FREE, but who doesn't?! HAHA. At the end of the day it'll end up costing less than 1 month of my rental payment for my house, and it'll get me into a house of my own within 6 months. Fair trade I'd say. Because of my skepticism he drove the enrollment forms out to me and met me at The Well Lounge in downtown Royse City. I wouldn't think a guy would leave his cell phone number with me or let me meet him face to face if he wasn't legit. Well that's my experience with Trinity Credit Services. So far so good. I'll report back soon. Thanks Joey....cause I know you're reading this! ;)
p.s.- I was told (by him) SOME of this could be done on my own, however I had quite a bit, and he said most of the information online nowadays isn't as effective as it was 15 years ago of doing on your own. They're not only disputing items that shouldn't be on there, but they're disputing everything that's negative on my reports. Although I admit most all of it is my fault (non payment, derogatory, and my repossession), I found out I still have a LEGAL right to dispute anything on my credit. The analogy he used was getting a speeding ticket....you have the Legal right to fight or dispute that also. Food for thought. I'll quit rambling now.
Barry
Barry L

Dallas, TX

#2 Aug 8, 2011
Well I called this guy this week to see if the self promoting he's been doing is legit? Pricing is determined based off of how your credit looks. My credit is pretty ugly, so I expected it to be outrageous, and it was actually less than a thousand. He told me he's seen much worse! LOL. I enrolled a couple of weeks ago, and so far the first letters were sent out, and we're awaiting results. I'll post what happens next. I will say Joey didn't pressure me, or make me feel bad about my situation. I wish it was FREE, but who doesn't?! HAHA. At the end of the day it'll end up costing less than 1 month of my rental payment for my house, and it'll get me into a house of my own within 6 months. Fair trade I'd say. Because of my skepticism he drove the enrollment forms out to me and met me at The Well Lounge in downtown Royse City. I wouldn't think a guy would leave his cell phone number with me or let me meet him face to face if he wasn't legit. Well that's my experience with Trinity Credit Services. So far so good. I'll report back soon. Thanks Joey....cause I know you're reading this! ;)
p.s.- I was told (by him) SOME of this could be done on my own, however I had quite a bit, and he said most of the information online nowadays isn't as effective as it was 15 years ago of doing on your own. They're not only disputing items that shouldn't be on there, but they're disputing everything that's negative on my reports. Although I admit most all of it is my fault (non payment, derogatory, and my repossession), I found out I still have a LEGAL right to dispute anything on my credit. The analogy he used was getting a speeding ticket....you have the Legal right to fight or dispute that also. Food for thought. I'll quit rambling now.
Barry
Larry

Garland, TX

#4 Aug 8, 2011
Barry you sure sound like a deadbeat.

Since: Aug 10

Crandall, TX

#5 Aug 12, 2011
Larry wrote:
Barry you sure sound like a deadbeat.
Hey Larry do me a favor and don't ever call someone that needs their credit restored a deadbeat. We can't all live in the mansion that you do or drive the Benz..........well, until you get your credit repaired that is! ;)
Valuable Information

Garland, TX

#6 Aug 19, 2011
The FTC has advice for those interested in credit repair.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/aler...

Credit Repair: How to DIY and Avoid a Scam

You see the advertisements in newspapers, on TV, and on the Internet. You hear them on the radio. You get fliers in the mail, and maybe even calls offering credit repair services. They all make the same claims:

“Credit problems? No problem!”

“We can remove bankruptcies, judgments, liens, and bad loans from your credit file forever!”
“We can erase your bad credit — 100% guaranteed.”

“Create a new credit identity — legally.”

The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) says do yourself a favor and save some money, too. Don’t believe these claims: they’re very likely signs of a scam. Indeed, attorneys at the nation’s consumer protection agency say they’ve never seen a legitimate credit repair operation making those claims. The fact is there’s no quick fix for creditworthiness. You can improve your credit report legitimately, but it takes time, a conscious effort, and sticking to a personal debt repayment plan.
Recognizing a Credit Repair Scam

Everyday, companies target consumers who have poor credit histories with promises to clean up their credit report so they can get a car loan, a home mortgage, insurance, or even a job once they pay them a fee for the service. The truth is, these companies can’t deliver an improved credit report for you using the tactics they promote. It’s illegal: No one can remove accurate negative information from your credit report. So after you pay them hundreds or thousands of dollars in fees, you’re left with the same credit report — and someone else has your money.

If you see a credit repair offer, here’s how to tell if the company behind it is up to no good:

The company wants you to pay for credit repair services before they provide any services. Under the Credit Repair Organizations Act, credit repair companies cannot require you to pay until they have completed the services they have promised.
The company doesn’t tell you your rights and what you can do for yourself for free.
The company recommends that you do not contact any of the three major national credit reporting companies directly.
The company tells you they can get rid of most or all the negative credit information in your credit report, even if that information is accurate and current.
The company suggests that you try to invent a “new” credit identity — and then, a new credit report — by applying for an Employer Identification Number to use instead of your Social Security number.
The company advises you to dispute all the information in your credit report, regardless of its accuracy or timeliness.

If you follow illegal advice and commit fraud, you may find yourself in legal hot water, too: It’s a federal crime to lie on a loan or credit application, to misrepresent your Social Security number, and to obtain an Employer Identification Number from the Internal Revenue Service under false pretenses. You could be charged and prosecuted for mail or wire fraud if you use the mail, telephone, or Internet to apply for credit and provide false information.
For More Information

To learn how to improve your creditworthiness and find legitimate resources for low or no-cost help, please see Credit Repair: How To Help Yourself.

The FTC works to prevent fraudulent, deceptive and unfair business practices in the marketplace and to provide information to help consumers spot, stop and avoid them. To file a complaint or get free information on consumer issues, visit ftc.gov or call toll-free, 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357); TTY: 1-866-653-4261. Watch a video, How to File a Complaint, at ftc.gov/video to learn more. The FTC enters consumer complaints into the Consumer Sentinel Network, a secure online database and investigative tool used by hundreds of civil and criminal law enforcement agencies in the U.S. and abroad.
Canned Meat

Garland, TX

#7 Aug 22, 2011
Joecool4269 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Larry do me a favor and don't ever call someone that needs their credit restored a deadbeat. We can't all live in the mansion that you do or drive the Benz..........well, until you get your credit repaired that is! ;)
Looks like your spam backfired, "Joecool"/"Barr y".

Crandall, TX

#8 Aug 22, 2011
Canned Meat wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like your spam backfired, "Joecool"/"Barr y".
No I wouldn't quite say that "Canned Meat". There is nothing new that was posted that I haven't seen or dealt with for a very long time. I could get all political on the reasons of why and how that was all written, but I'll let the educated consumers do their own research. Bottom line is that you're worth more to the banks (and therefore the world) with bad credit that isn't cleaned up. They (the creditors, the credit bureaus, the banks) have all lobbied to get those words that you just read implemented. Doesn't bother me one bit, nor all of the successful clients that we help out through a legal credit repair model. There is more to this as well, and it overrides the "fee charge" you read about. Look up the Texas Finance Code, and it mentions being able to charge a fee up front.

And I didn't spam a thing. Barry L is a client that wrote his own testimonial, thanks though.

Crandall, TX

#9 Aug 22, 2011
I'll run you through what we do. We review your credit reports. We analyze what we can work with. We give a quote. We go to work for 6 months and clean it up. Pretty simple process and not as difficult as some people want to make it.
Resident

Garland, TX

#10 Aug 22, 2011
Are you the same trinity credit services that has a F rating on the dallas BBB site?

Crandall, TX

#11 Aug 22, 2011
Resident wrote:
Are you the same trinity credit services that has a F rating on the dallas BBB site?
Yes we are. Every credit repair company in TEXAS has an F. The BBB is a franchise and the Dallas BBB does not allow any grade better than an F in Dallas. Ironically credit repair companies in other states with more complaints have A+ ratings. The amount of complaints we've had are less than 1/2 of 1% of the business we've done, and you'll also notice all complaints have been handled as well.

I'm not sure what you're looking to do by finding negative things on the company I work for? The credit card companies have many more complaints that we do, not to mention the credit bureaus as well. If you're not at all interested in getting your credit restored by a great company, then why are you wasting your time in this post? You're definitely not stopping all those that we've already and will continue to assist. Come out and visit us if you want to, we're not just some internet company.
Mitch

Longview, TX

#12 Aug 22, 2011
That ftc info is an interesting read. I did not know that.
Canned Meat

Garland, TX

#13 Aug 23, 2011
Hey JoeBarry, you may think your canned responses are slick, but they aren't.

How come everyone else is wrong (FTC, BBB, etc.)? You mean the BBB gave your company an F rating just because they don't like you? Maybe they made up all those complaints. And the FTC is just out to get you? Yeah, right!

Last I heard, this is a discussion forum. We are just here discussing. If you don't want discussion, don't spam a discussion forum, BUY AN AD.

United States

#14 Aug 23, 2011
Canned Meat wrote:
Hey JoeBarry, you may think your canned responses are slick, but they aren't.
How come everyone else is wrong (FTC, BBB, etc.)? You mean the BBB gave your company an F rating just because they don't like you? Maybe they made up all those complaints. And the FTC is just out to get you? Yeah, right!
Last I heard, this is a discussion forum. We are just here discussing. If you don't want discussion, don't spam a discussion forum, BUY AN AD.
Do you want me to provide you with plenty of links that show we're a great company? No you don't. You just want to complain, so what's the point? You sure are an internet tough guy though aren't you? You should alert the media to come shut us down because we didn't pay the BBB dues??!!? LOL Like I said all complaints (less than 1/2 of 1% of business we've done) have been resolved, so there is really no need to speak of that.

We are doing just fine here, so while I appreciate the discussion you're keeping at the top of topix, it really doesn't bother me any. If you are possibly interested in our services then once again "canned meat" I invite you to come out and meet with us in person, and maybe that will help you know that we aren't scam artists like you're painting us to be. I have bills and a family just like you do. I know a lot about credit and financing, and that is why I work here to help those out that have bad credit. I'm sorry that doesn't make you happy, but I can't make everyone happy. If I was doing something wrong, do you really think I would have my face showing up on my posts, and my cell phone number attached to all of my postings?

You keep saying I'm also Barry the guy that gave our company a review? Where do you get this information? By that same logic then aren't you every poster on this post that isn't Barry or me? I mean they all say that they're from McKinney TX so surely it's you? When I post on Topix, it auto logs me in as my profile, so I'm not sure how you think I'm 2 people on here?

You have so much time to criticize something that helps people, get a mortgage, get a car, get a job, get past a security clearance, etc... What should those people do instead of using our services when time is an issue? And please don't be naive enough to say "pay your bills on time". Paying your bills on time does not ensure perfect credit by any means. 4 out of 5 credit reports contain incorrect information..........don't get so upset with the ones that contact us to fix those issues.
Mrs Jones

Garland, TX

#15 Aug 24, 2011
Barry,
Who in their right mind writes a long-winded review before the job is done?
That doesn't make sense. People write reviews after the job is done.
Add me to the list of people who think you are a spammer!
Mrs. J
Valuable Information

Garland, TX

#16 Aug 26, 2011
Joecool4269 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you want me to provide you with plenty of links that show we're a great company? No you don't. You just want to complain, so what's the point? You sure are an internet tough guy though aren't you? You should alert the media to come shut us down because we didn't pay the BBB dues??!!? LOL Like I said all complaints (less than 1/2 of 1% of business we've done) have been resolved, so there is really no need to speak of that.
We are doing just fine here, so while I appreciate the discussion you're keeping at the top of topix, it really doesn't bother me any. If you are possibly interested in our services then once again "canned meat" I invite you to come out and meet with us in person, and maybe that will help you know that we aren't scam artists like you're painting us to be. I have bills and a family just like you do. I know a lot about credit and financing, and that is why I work here to help those out that have bad credit. I'm sorry that doesn't make you happy, but I can't make everyone happy. If I was doing something wrong, do you really think I would have my face showing up on my posts, and my cell phone number attached to all of my postings?
You keep saying I'm also Barry the guy that gave our company a review? Where do you get this information? By that same logic then aren't you every poster on this post that isn't Barry or me? I mean they all say that they're from McKinney TX so surely it's you? When I post on Topix, it auto logs me in as my profile, so I'm not sure how you think I'm 2 people on here?
You have so much time to criticize something that helps people, get a mortgage, get a car, get a job, get past a security clearance, etc... What should those people do instead of using our services when time is an issue? And please don't be naive enough to say "pay your bills on time". Paying your bills on time does not ensure perfect credit by any means. 4 out of 5 credit reports contain incorrect information..........don't get so upset with the ones that contact us to fix those issues.
Dude... PAY ATTENTION PLEASE.

I never said anything about YOUR employer, nor did anyone else. BUT... the FTC and the BBB have posted very negative information on credit repair companies.

If you don't like that, don't post on an open forum. By all means, please sue the FTC and the BBB if they are spreading lies.

Why are you crying about people from McKinney posting? You posted on a McKinney, TX forum, and that is where your business is located. You want that the folks responding be from Detroit?

Please don't make me dissect the rest of your nonsense.
Elmer Fudd

United States

#17 Oct 2, 2011
Where is Barry, that wascally wabbit?
moni

Garland, TX

#18 Oct 4, 2011
ur credit is 1000% not impotant.
Alan

Houston, TX

#19 May 14, 2012
Mrs Jones, wouldn't it make more sense that a spammer would write a review saying that everything got cleared up and now they're in an awesome house instead of just talking about the beginning of the process?

I'm not even trying to take sides here, but I am commenting on your suspicion that they are a spammer just because they didn't wait until the job was done to write a review. How does it benefit a spammer to write a tentatively positive initial review rather than a glowing final review??
Benito

United States

#20 May 22, 2012
Alan wrote:
Mrs Jones, wouldn't it make more sense that a spammer would write a review saying that everything got cleared up and now they're in an awesome house instead of just talking about the beginning of the process?
I'm not even trying to take sides here, but I am commenting on your suspicion that they are a spammer just because they didn't wait until the job was done to write a review. How does it benefit a spammer to write a tentatively positive initial review rather than a glowing final review??
Alan, I think you might be new to the internet. Spammers use several methods. Don't worry, you'll catch on soon.
Ino Owens

Minneapolis, MN

#21 Oct 10, 2012
I just spoke with a VERY nice woman (M) at the company, have not hired them yet but I read with interest all the BS and you should assume none of what is read will influence my decision. NO SUBSTANCES. Save ur time, get a job... or put something else in ur hand other then the key board

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKinney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Sun Soiled pharts 1,120
Unfinished Home on N. Custer Road between ManeG... (Jun '14) Sun Crazy guy 7
The Truth about the Samaritan Inn (Nov '06) Feb 17 Tiredofhearinabtit 124
Post OAK Apts in McKinney not safe Feb 12 Angelina 1
Who Are the Bad Family Law Attorneys in Collin ... (Feb '10) Feb 12 angel mama 17
North Creek (Mar '13) Feb 11 Steve 23
News Collin County Sheriff's Department wants to fly... (Jun '09) Feb 10 Chippy 16

McKinney Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

McKinney Mortgages