Windsor Meadows " The ghetto at Westr...

Windsor Meadows " The ghetto at Westridge"

Posted in the McKinney Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
OHagan 200

Houston, TX

#3 Mar 10, 2009
So what makes this place a ghetto?

Is it the basketball hoop?

Is it the trash can on the side of your house?

Once you're able to calm down, maybe you could elaborate for all of us.
NTS

Dallas, TX

#4 Mar 10, 2009
Sounds like my neighborhood and my HOA...lol

Seriously man, they are all like that unless you live in a more highend place(aka not a tract home development), and even then stuff is always going to rub people the wrong way.
NTS

Dallas, TX

#5 Mar 10, 2009
I just checked out your HOA site, and sure enough, from the pics, you live in a cookie cutter tract home development with houses about 2 feet apart, just like 99% of us in the DFW area do. I swear, you could blind fold me, then drive me from one end of DFW to the other, and I would think you were driving me in circles in my own neighborhood for an hour, I wouldn't know the difference.
HOA sucks

United States

#6 Mar 10, 2009
I agree! The company that monitors the HOA in this area is crazy. They are called Lonestar..something. I agree that HOA has their place but it is constant harrassing by these monitors that makes people want to move. I have gotten letters for no apparent reason. They are a joke! I have found that they are in my driveway and looking into my backyard. Since when do they have the power to criminal trespass? I hope the legislators will try and reduce their powers because they are just a bunch of power hungry people who probably got their milk money taken during school.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#8 Mar 10, 2009
Frank sounds a little hostel because Matt was balls deep in "the tanks" wife's mouth.
OHagan 200

Houston, TX

#9 Mar 11, 2009
Who was staying in a hostel?

Was it Matt's balls? Frank's wife?
OHagan 200

Houston, TX

#12 Mar 11, 2009
Frank the Tank wrote:
...Matt's still a little bitch.
Hear hear!
linc

Plano, TX

#13 Apr 14, 2010
I'm looking to buy in that neighborhood. What else should I be warned about?
josh

Arlington, TX

#14 Jul 29, 2010
been in the neighborhood 2 years no problems
Lol

Plano, TX

#15 Jul 29, 2010
Hope you like basketball!!!
Mom of 5

Arlington, TX

#16 Aug 30, 2010
I live in the neighborhood also and I am on one of the boards. I have lived here for 5 years and know a lot of the neighbors, they all seem happy here also.

My advice is if you do not want to live in a neighborhood/community that thrives for neat and clean yards then move to a neighborhood/community that does not have HOA. There are pro's/con's...I agree but at least I know my neighbors yard wont have trash all in it, trash cans left out by the street for weeks or anything that is not appealing to the eye. I too have recevied letters regarding a basketball goal we had in our driveway and had to take down but seriousely we have a NEW basketball court less then 2 blocks from our street that my kids can go and play at!
LookingForTheRea lWorld

Dallas, TX

#17 Dec 3, 2010
I have been a Stonebridge Ranch resident for 10 years. Although I don't have any personal conflict with my neighborhood, trying to find something that is more like a home is what I find myself longing for. I drove through the Westridge neighborhood tonight and saw a basketball goal leaning against a house. My thoughts, "How warm and wozy... they let the kids play."
OOPS!! My mistake. I guess they really don't.

Shame on those of you residents that make an issue of a trash bin in a visible location or a child's toy in sight. HOW PETTY. A basketball goal and a yard full of broken junk are two totally different things, yet are addressed the same.

People are allowing their own pretentiousness to suck the joy out of their lives. More people should try bouncing a ball every now and again.

Oh, and LOVE the cookie cutter comment. THE SAME THE SAME INDEED. Yet, from one end of DFW to the other, people saying, LOOK AT ME... LOOK AT "MY" HOUSE, "MY" YARD, "MY" NEIGHBORHOOD.

Yeh yeh... which one is yours?*laughing at you* And as if anyone really cares. They only care about what they are trying to impress you with.
Well then

Garland, TX

#18 Dec 4, 2010
LookingForTheRealWorld wrote:
I have been a Stonebridge Ranch resident for 10 years. Although I don't have any personal conflict with my neighborhood, trying to find something that is more like a home is what I find myself longing for. I drove through the Westridge neighborhood tonight and saw a basketball goal leaning against a house. My thoughts, "How warm and wozy... they let the kids play."
OOPS!! My mistake. I guess they really don't.
Shame on those of you residents that make an issue of a trash bin in a visible location or a child's toy in sight. HOW PETTY. A basketball goal and a yard full of broken junk are two totally different things, yet are addressed the same.
People are allowing their own pretentiousness to suck the joy out of their lives. More people should try bouncing a ball every now and again.
Oh, and LOVE the cookie cutter comment. THE SAME THE SAME INDEED. Yet, from one end of DFW to the other, people saying, LOOK AT ME... LOOK AT "MY" HOUSE, "MY" YARD, "MY" NEIGHBORHOOD.
Yeh yeh... which one is yours?*laughing at you* And as if anyone really cares. They only care about what they are trying to impress you with.
If you don't like HOAs and their rules, please buy a house in a non-HOA area. Oh wait - I bet you don't like the looks of the non-HOA area.

If you feel the need to laugh at your neighbors for having higher standards than yours (and trash bins do look trashy, by the way), maybe it is time for you to move. You sound quite miserable.
Out of the frey

United States

#19 Oct 20, 2011
Good grief, I'm just now buying in this neighborhood. I'm a retired teacher, single, and now worried that I might not have made the right choice. Anyone have any comments positive? Help!
Kit54

Arlington, TX

#20 Nov 24, 2011
Out of the frey wrote:
Good grief, I'm just now buying in this neighborhood. I'm a retired teacher, single, and now worried that I might not have made the right choice. Anyone have any comments positive? Help!
Lived there for 2 years. Wonderful neighborhood. Just keep your trash cans stowed away on non-trash days and maintain your front yard and you'll enjoy the place. Lonestar is the HOA and when I lived there did seem agressive, but their agressiveness was enforcing the CC&Rs for the development. I own another home with different CC&Rs that Lonestar manages that don't focus on trash cans and wish they did. So it is a matter of perspective and what is important to you. Winsor Meadows is a nice place has dedicated HOA boards with little owner involvement except for a small percentage of whiners.
dusty

Arlington, TX

#21 Dec 23, 2011
I've lived here for 8 years, 7 of which my basketball hoop has been lying in my backyard. Never in 8 years have I heard of an hoa stupider than this. I can't believe the charge annual fee, but we still have to put up with theirconstant crap.
cn nickolas

Arlington, TX

#22 Jan 4, 2012
I lived here since construction started. There was a problem for a while with a "home owner nazi". This lady would get out of her car and walk on the property to take pictures of "violations", but after several complaints (and probably threats) my neighbors stop getting letters. Its not a bad place and i love the Frisco school district. If you have no one but soccer moms and power hungry dads running things, it will get bad, but can be over come.
CS Lewis

Dallas, TX

#23 Jan 4, 2012
Mom of 5 wrote:
I live in the neighborhood also and I am on one of the boards. I have lived here for 5 years and know a lot of the neighbors, they all seem happy here also.
My advice is if you do not want to live in a neighborhood/community that thrives for neat and clean yards then move to a neighborhood/community that does not have HOA. There are pro's/con's...I agree but at least I know my neighbors yard wont have trash all in it, trash cans left out by the street for weeks or anything that is not appealing to the eye. I too have recevied letters regarding a basketball goal we had in our driveway and had to take down but seriousely we have a NEW basketball court less then 2 blocks from our street that my kids can go and play at!
So you gave up your liberty, and excuse it by saying there's someplace else to play. The "right" place to play.

You are no different than a serf being "protected" by the castle wallmasters.

But then again I sgree with you because you chose to be a serf by living in a place with an HOA. That is certainly your right.

Just another small example of how this country and our freedoms have gone down the toilet ..... "sheepeople"!

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busy bodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”—C.S. Lewis
Unruly kids

Arlington, TX

#24 Apr 30, 2014
There is a section of this neighborhood where the kids run wild, literally. Their parents don't watch them, and the kids go up onto other people's porches, in their yards, through their flowerbeds, on private vehicles. These kids have trampled neighbors landscaping, banged on neighbors garage doors with yard tools, play in driveways of people that don't have children, climb in vehicles that don't belong to them, beating another child's bicycle to death with a crow bar, etc.
Recently, a group of boys was throwing rocks at cars that went by on the street. Thank goodness for the man who stopped and called them on it, and threatened to call the police if they didn't fess up to who threw the rock at his car. However, even when the parent was alerted, the parent did nothing about the incident.
Several neighbors are fed up with these unruly kids trespassing on their properties and vehicles. Where is the HOA for issues such as these? Why aren't these parents being fined/sent warnings about their kids who are destroying other people's property?
These kids homes are 9736-9756 of Old Field Drive. Send these people some letters to control their hoodlum kids!
GrammiBear

Dallas, TX

#25 May 30, 2014
I have lived in Winsor Meadows for 7 years and love it here. Served on the HOA Board for many years. It's a great place to live. Problems?? Of course, even $1M subdivisions have problems. If you read some of the blogs about our neighborhood, the worst thing you read is that there was some animal poop near the swimming pool. We don't have rapes, murders, only a few minor break-ins. There was a drug problem but cops took care of that. We have had a mountain lion seen, probably responsible for some missing pets. Other than having a lot of homes being rental properties, this is a great place to raise a family, really good schools and an HOA Board that tries very hard to maintain the neighborhood with virtually no volunteers from the neighborhood helping out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKinney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Growing pains hit Collin County 5 hr I P Standing 1
Review: iLoveKickboxing - McKinney Wed Angelique 4
Unfinished Home on N. Custer Road between ManeG... (Jun '14) Jul 18 jjppope 15
ILoveKickboxing McKinney, TX Review Jul 10 ktouchberry 1
News Downtown Plano celebrates Pride Month Jul 4 GayUsA 4
Mosquito problems Jul 4 Col Tremordian re... 1
News 'Too much, too fast': Collin County feeling gro... Jul 2 Buck Turdgidson 1

McKinney Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance