Arcata pastor Dino Cardelli faces mol...

Arcata pastor Dino Cardelli faces molestation charges

There are 28 comments on the Eureka Times Standard story from Sep 14, 2010, titled Arcata pastor Dino Cardelli faces molestation charges. In it, Eureka Times Standard reports that:

An Arcata pastor is expected to be arraigned today on molestation charges and remains held in the Humboldt County jail on $750,000 bail, according to the Humboldt County District Attorney's Office.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Eureka Times Standard.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
This just in

Mountain View, CA

#1 Sep 14, 2010
Well the rumor mill this morning was that the victim was/is his own daughter.

That's pretty much confirmed by the prosecutor citing that specific chapter of the Penal Code.

But why is the threshold "three or more acts"?

You mean if you sexually molest a child once or twice every three months, that's ok?

The law ought to be if you even so think of acting you should be convicted and castrated.

Pretty much shows you that religion is nothing but a farce for very sick, dysfunctional people to hide behind.
Betsy

Alameda, CA

#2 Sep 14, 2010
Shoot him on the spot scumbag.
Jan Quigley Carr

Eureka, CA

#3 Sep 14, 2010
You are finally being heard Nancy! Those who chose to believe him and ignore your pleas for help, should be ashamed. Justice is on the way Nancy. I miss you so much. Love, Jan
Just the Facts

Palo Cedro, CA

#4 Sep 14, 2010
This just in wrote:
That's pretty much confirmed by the prosecutor citing that specific chapter of the Penal Code.
You mean if you sexually molest a child once or twice every three months, that's ok?
The law ought to be if you even so think of acting you should be convicted and castrated.
Pretty much shows you that religion is nothing but a farce for very sick, dysfunctional people to hide behind.
Religion??? Hmmm.... Or could it be living in Arcata? Or could it be living in America? Or could it be from watching TV or viewing the internet...sick people hide behind watching TV or viewing the internet, too!
Vickie

Ceres, CA

#5 Sep 14, 2010
Not every one that cries Lord, Lord will enter into the Kingdom. Don't lump all christians in the the same catagory with this 'pastor.' I choose to be a christian, I choose to be like HIM, meaning Jesus Christ.. This man is obviously not choosing to be like Him....
Reader Mom

Saint Albans, WV

#6 Sep 14, 2010
My prayers are with this young girl!!!!! Hugs to you. If this man (animal) really did this, I hope he gets what he deserves----something BAD.
Juggart

Oakland, CA

#7 Sep 14, 2010
This just in wrote:
I KNEW as soon as I read the code in the article that someone would comment about how it must be okay if you molest a kid under three times. There's 1000's of codes. There are other penal codes,(288 PC, for example), that pertain to single acts of molestation. So no, rest assured that it's not okay to molest any kid any number of times.
Local

Eureka, CA

#8 Sep 14, 2010
It seems we should pass a law banning churches from being built within 1000 yards of schools and daycares.
matt

Hayward, CA

#9 Sep 14, 2010
Be prayerful, judgment begins with the house of the lord. What laundry is in your closet?
Rev Jack

Alameda, CA

#10 Sep 14, 2010
Won't matter, we have telescopes in the Church bathroom pointed at the elementary schools.
Local wrote:
It seems we should pass a law banning churches from being built within 1000 yards of schools and daycares.
ItsMe

United States

#11 Sep 14, 2010
matt wrote:
Be prayerful, judgment begins with the house of the lord. What laundry is in your closet?
Nothing like this.
someone

Eureka, CA

#12 Sep 14, 2010
matt wrote:
Are you trying to defend this sick monster?!?
My laundry is nice, fresh, and clean, thanks.
someone

Eureka, CA

#13 Sep 14, 2010
Local wrote:
Great idea! We could have a version of the Megan's Law website with a list of staff and their photos.
anonymous

Eureka, CA

#14 Sep 14, 2010
Matt- ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!!!!! Yuck!

Judgement may be in the house of God, but it is right here, right now too! And, anbody else with skeleton's in their closet such as these should be in jail as well. Yuck! People like you that make excuses for these people only encourage their sick behavior. My church would never condone this. Let me know which one you belong to so I can NEVER attend.
Lenses

Eureka, CA

#15 Sep 14, 2010
Rev Jack wrote:
Won't matter, we have telescopes in the Church bathroom pointed at the elementary schools.
<quoted text>
That can't be true. The church opposes telescopes and what they reveal about the universe. Just ask Galileo.
John R

Albany, CA

#16 Sep 14, 2010
This is devastating. Put your stones down and pray for Dino's kids (he's a widow), for the church, and for Dino. To "Someone", no one's laundry is perfectly clean - that's why we all need Jesus!
merry mystic

Arcata, CA

#17 Sep 15, 2010
John R wrote:
This is devastating. Put your stones down and pray for Dino's kids (he's a widow), for the church, and for Dino. To "Someone", no one's laundry is perfectly clean - that's why we all need Jesus!
I agree completely.
Shep

Baltimore, MD

#18 Sep 23, 2010
I cant blame religion for this mans actions no more than I cant blame Caucasians for slavery, Muslims for 9-11 or Germans for the concentration camps. There are horrible, sick people everywhere! Some in positions of authority. There are pedophiles in the schools, offices on Wall Street, bars and yes churches. We must keep our eyes, ears and hearts open and be ready to act! Blaming religion is a serious cop-out.
a cautious reader

Eureka, CA

#19 Sep 29, 2010
As shocking as all this is, don't be shocked! While a nice man (they always are), he neglected his wife, enjoyed material things and a large home, had little remorse, allegedly hit disabled children, and openly listed his income at $150,00-250,000. And he's mighty slick, to boot.

I don't know,'sociopath' comes to mind here. But wait! There's more! Read on.

This is happening all across the country. Yes, Sociopaths! This is not an isolated case. Folks, take care and beware.

Sociopaths represent 4% of our population--or--1 in 25 individuals (!) that have no conscience or guilt, disguise it well, and mimic our normal emotions and responses. They can reach high positions of power and authority and use this to their advantage. Yes, these folks, sociopaths, could be living in the neighborhood, down your street, or even next door.

Want proof of more pastors, reverends, youth ministers, etc., engaging in sexual abuse, fraud, embezzlement, and the like? This will rock your world, he's here, and there's many similar sociopathic folks taking advantages of their positioms of trust over others in 2010. This link was a fascinatng read and quite an education:

http://ex-christians.soup.io/tag/News
caleb

Eureka, CA

#20 Sep 29, 2010
a cautious reader wrote:
As shocking as all this is, don't be shocked! While a nice man (they always are), he neglected his wife, enjoyed material things and a large home, had little remorse, allegedly hit disabled children, and openly listed his income at $150,00-250,000. And he's mighty slick, to boot.

I don't know,'sociopath' comes to mind here. But wait! There's more! Read on.

This is happening all across the country. Yes, Sociopaths! This is not an isolated case. Folks, take care and beware.

Sociopaths represent 4% of our population--or--1 in 25 individuals (!) that have no conscience or guilt, disguise it well, and mimic our normal emotions and responses. They can reach high positions of power and authority and use this to their advantage.

Yes, these folks, sociopaths, could be living in the neighborhood, down your street, or even next door.

Want proof of more pastors, reverends, youth ministers, etc., engaging in sexual abuse, fraud, embezzlement, and the like? This will rock your world, he's here, and there's many similar sociopathic folks taking advantages of their positions of trust over others in 2010.

This link was a fascinatng read and quite an education:

http://ex-christians.soup.io/tag/News
this was interesting, I'll never look at my neighbor the same again

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKinleyville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Too many mexi-gangs in Humboldt selling meth (Sep '12) Thu BIG JOJO YOHIMBE 4
News TAP helps people get back home; bus tickets, ga... (Nov '11) Thu worried dad 434
What's with all this hate towards Armenians? (Jul '10) Jul 29 bullet 208
News Highway mile to honor fallen Navy SEAL Jul 28 Valerie Hanson 1
Eastside Health Center Expansion in Riverside Jul 27 Anonymous 1
JoAnns FAbric & Craft Store-Cheats Employees (Jun '07) Jul 25 Obergirl 352
On Armenian genocide, Obama minces words, break... Jul 24 Barev 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

McKinleyville Mortgages