Walmart opens in Eureka; Nearly 300 c...

Walmart opens in Eureka; Nearly 300 customers celebrate ribbon cutting

There are 5 comments on the Times-Standard story from Jun 14, 2012, titled Walmart opens in Eureka; Nearly 300 customers celebrate ribbon cutting. In it, Times-Standard reports that:

More than 10 years after Walmart's initial overtures to open in Eureka sharply divided the community, a crowd of around 300 customers gathered outside the discount giant's new store Wednesday morning waiting its official 8 a.m. opening.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times-Standard.

WHYWOULD YOUDOIT

Seaside, CA

#1 Jun 15, 2012
Why ? would walmart advertise in the sub standard after there long fight to get here .Maybe they just dont get the fact that the sub standard and the north coast free rag are a big reason why this counties jobs have gone up in pot smoke .Just use your web site walmart .people would get use to it hell you may even make a little extra profit .
Walmart Executive

Hayward, CA

#2 Jun 15, 2012
WHYWOULD YOUDOIT wrote:
Why ? would walmart advertise in the sub standard after there long fight to get here .Maybe they just dont get the fact that the sub standard and the north coast free rag are a big reason why this counties jobs have gone up in pot smoke .Just use your web site walmart .people would get use to it hell you may even make a little extra profit .
You will burn in Hell for doubting the Power our Lord Jesus Christ has saved you by providing super discounted products! To save your Soul you better go to our Wal-Mart and spend all your money, and scream from isle #7 "Lord save me for I am a bastard destined to an eternity of fire and stones." We at Wal-Mart will say a prayer for you every day, for the end is near.
Yeshi Gemaneh

Oakland, CA

#3 Jun 15, 2012
I think Wal-Mart has a conventional prices; it is good for the community.
Ali

Eureka, CA

#4 Jun 19, 2012
With a population of 27,000 plus people in Eureka 300 showed up ... WOW
Ali

Eureka, CA

#5 Jun 19, 2012
Oops, forgot to say, the first 100 people got free plastic shopping bags with the Walmart logo on it... NICE...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKinleyville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Girl Dies as CHP Sheriff Chases Her (Mar '11) 8 hr stormy 7
Too many mexi-gangs in Humboldt selling meth (Sep '12) Thu BIG JOJO YOHIMBE 4
News TAP helps people get back home; bus tickets, ga... (Nov '11) Thu worried dad 434
What's with all this hate towards Armenians? (Jul '10) Jul 29 bullet 208
News Highway mile to honor fallen Navy SEAL Jul 28 Valerie Hanson 1
Eastside Health Center Expansion in Riverside Jul 27 Anonymous 1
JoAnns FAbric & Craft Store-Cheats Employees (Jun '07) Jul 25 Obergirl 352
More from around the web

Personal Finance

McKinleyville Mortgages