High speed chase after reported marij...

High speed chase after reported marijuana deal goes bad

There are 292 comments on the Eureka Times Standard story from May 13, 2009, titled High speed chase after reported marijuana deal goes bad. In it, Eureka Times Standard reports that:

It was a drug deal gone wrong, police say. On Monday night, two men fled from a police convoy driving on State Route 299.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Eureka Times Standard.

First Prev
of 15
Next Last
red squirrel

San Jose, CA

#298 Oct 6, 2009
well, come on now children...let's play fair..i think that taking away the extra money to buy the seeds,water the plants, and pay for the people to hover over the plants is what's really the big costs and the big problem. However pays for the overhead is the one that should bite the bullet. I say that around here whoever it is who buys the stuff should register whether you plant or use. Somebody has got to pay for any part of the product, and that's where this will give back to the california "repression"...I think that if you hit someone in the wallet it will make an impression no matter where you are from. Take it away from a baby and it will cry...Those kids better pay up by time or money... we haven't gotten permission to sell it, and I don't want my california tax money to pay for it...So as far as our latest losing battle in Humbolt County...I say string 'em up and hang 'em high!!!
redsquirrel
eureka ca
Bruce

Azusa, CA

#299 Oct 6, 2009
man bear pig wrote:
<quoted text>
Hemlock is a plant, too, but I wouldn't be drinking any of that tea!!Your analogy is faulty, sorry. People need to deal with the reality of their lives without relying on drugs and alcohol. They need to get an education and a job, then work hard to provide for themselves and their families. Any extra time can be spent doing service to their communities. They will be much more likely to have good lives without MJ or alcohol.
Bleach is very harmful to drink, yet it is legal. Your analogy is just as faulty. Pot and drugs are widely available because of the illicit profits involved in their sales. What we want to do is take those profits away and get the pot and drugs out of the hands of criminals. Pot alone would be harmless and the pathetic drug addicts could then be treated as the medical problem that they are. It is block headed propagandized prohibitionists that started this problem and perpetuate its continuance. I agree that people need to work and be responsible and stop thinking they need crutches to get by in life.
red squirrel

United States

#300 Oct 6, 2009
ah ha! remember in history class...the story about Carey Nation? You know that axe welding wench that when into saloons/bars and waged war under the guise of GOD FEARING good people....Well, the did'nt stop the back woods stills and bathtub gin being made did it!!!
So, let us learn from history...make pot more accessable and they will learn to use it or stop using if it costs them too much...
I say let them...and let's get that money to stay here in California where it's coming from. After all Humboldt is the "green triangle"
Keep on trucking, peace brother, awsome dude, cool, sweet and yahoo to you!!....
redsquirrel
AMANDA

Denver, CO

#301 Aug 22, 2010
family wrote:
the 21 year old was my cousin an he was a good man . he had a realy HARD life, it would make you sick or cry. an if you are only dealt **** in your life you end up doing ***** wrong things*.i wish things in his life would have been better for him.
thank you, he was a good boy inside...they dont know!!! I LOVED HIM THEM AND WILL LOVE HIM AND DEFEND HIM UNTILL THE DAY I DIE AND REST ALONG WITH HIM
AMANDA

Denver, CO

#302 Aug 22, 2010
family2 wrote:
okay now i just dont understand people, this was my family (cousin), its sicking gettin on here and reading retared shyt out a person that just died but if its your family then it is even harder, me and my family just heard about it today and my mom ( who is family 1) cryed her eyes out and then reading this fckin shyt killed her , how can u people live with urself sayin thats wat they get and ect.
now i didnt kno him but from wat i have heard he was a good boy and had been raised hard , he had a family he was dearly loved.
wat if this was ur family tht had just got killed like this and people got on here and talked crap about them :( i dnt think it would make u very happy .
if wat i heard he didnt even shoot the gun and the cops killed him thts bullshyt.
now ima go but its messed up how u people can do this.
R.I.P DAVID FEILDS YOU WILL BE MISSED .
:*(
none OF YOU WILL EVER UNDERSTAND WHAT HIS FAMILY AND I AND MY FAMILY UNDERSTAND...THEY R THE ONES WHO R REALLY SICK AND THEY R SICK BECAUSE THEY CAN SIT THERE AND SAY YAY LETS JUST ALL BE HAPPY ABOUT THE FACT THAT A 23 YEAR OLD BOY GOT SHOT IN THE HEAD...HE NEVER RAPED MOLESTED NOR KILLED...U WANNA B MAD AT SOMEONE GO BE MAD AT PEOPLE WHO DESERVE IT!!
AMANDA

Denver, CO

#303 Aug 22, 2010
Not the David I knew wrote:
The David I knew was fun,outgoing,full of life, and kind. He use to take me to pick my son up on occasions when I missed my bus. He was always respectful honestly he was. so when I read all this bad stuff people are posting Im just blessed that I got to know David for who he is and not for what you all thought he was. I have never seen him violent and when I did talk to him about certain things in his life he would always say "GOD" was looking out for me. Yes we talked about the lord and for what its worth I hope he had time before his passing to repent his sins. People we need to stop tearing one another down and start building each other up one brick at a time. Blessing to you all.
Thank you.... Thank you thank you thank you!!! He was a beautiful soul inside and out and I love him sooo much... Im glad Im not the only prson sticking up for him anymore...
AMANDA

Denver, CO

#304 Aug 22, 2010
FAMILY 2 wrote:
ok tha humbolt resident , i am old enought too cuss , if tha worst thing tht i ever do then im glad , and just b/c some1 cusses does not make them a bad person , and dnt blame nothing on me , he did have a hard life and wish i cld have at least meet him in person before he passed on , and u kno wat i dnt give a FCK if u care!
ooo yea my mom sed kiss the crack of her **** bytch
ppl like u make me sick agruing with a 14 year old girl vey smart yo
so get over ur guys self
and idk if he was a bad person he was good to his family and thts all tht matters :) so screw u &#9829;
David was my best friend evvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeerrrrrrrr I HAVE HIS NAME TATD ON THE BACK OF MY NECK...GOOD TO KNOW HIS FAMILY LOVES HIM AND HAS SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT ALL THE D***S on here just talkin sh**!! I know I have alot to say.... YOU GUYS R SO DAMN DUMB AND I WANA BYTCH SLAP U ALL
AMANDA

Denver, CO

#305 Aug 22, 2010
HAHAHAHA GUESS WHAT!! I KNOW WHAT HAPPNED!! YOU IDIOTS DAVID GOT INVOLVED WITH SKIN HEADS IN MACK!!! SO FOR SOME REASON NO ONES KNOWS WHAT HAPPND TO DAVID...SKIND HEADS POT GOT STOLE...?? ARE ALL THE COPS IN HUMBOLDT COUNTY NOT WHITE PRICKS!!!?? YES THEY R ... U r ALL DUMB....HE WAS A GREAT BOY AND WE LOVE AND MISS HIM FOREVER
Fuhgedaboudit

Eureka, CA

#306 Aug 22, 2010
Anon wrote:
I agree with Reality Check. How can these growers/sellers be considered "victims" and not be prosecuted for felony sales. Drug deal @ School Rd. and Anderson Ave. Ha... ha... I used to live there. We called it "Tulsa del Mar".
Charge the victims and they refuse to testify against the Ripoff Robbers and then no case.
Several police departments along with the Sheriff of Humboldt Co. made a big deal out of requesting the public/victims of MJ ripoffs/home invasions to report them.They promised no arrests if victims were cooperative.Cops are only keeping their word to the public when victims are cut slack.--Not to mention that the urgent business at hand is to to take the Gangsters off the streets.Those growing Medical weed will most likely continue to do so and can be arrested,if called for, at a later date when their guard is down.
mark

United States

#307 Feb 17, 2011
All drugs should be legal and taxed it would reduce corruption and many other problems addicts will still need treatment and crimes involving Drugs and alcohol should carry higher penalties
abba dabba

Eureka, CA

#308 Feb 18, 2011
God wrote:
when alcohol was illegal. they killed police, judges , district attys, the families of any official who wouldnt allow the flow of booze, why? because normal people wanted to drink, so we needed ppl with muscle and the balls to get it to us. we dont question the blood on the food or the other products we consume. take away alcohol for one year in america then watch as the bodies hit the floor, jails fill and homes fall further apart. that marijuana would not be a factor if everyone had the 'choice' to purchase legally you take the 'streets' back. no oppty for them to profit they move on. HOW STUPID ARE WE? ask anyone who remembers churches being ransacked for the sacrificial wine..........ahhhhh good times.

God spelled backwards is Dog and that shows how stupid all you stoners are.
Intelligent people don't need drugs to get through life they use their brains and hard work without the drugs.

Yes all of you are stupid!
Fulton

United States

#309 Feb 18, 2011
What a story. People dieing over pot. Get a life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKinleyville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News TAP helps people get back home; bus tickets, ga... (Nov '11) 7 hr Austyn and miah 681
Locksmith 2 U review 8 hr Locksmith2ullc 1
Nissan fcc id 8 hr Locksmith2ullc 1
What's with all this hate towards Armenians? (Jul '10) Fri Foodstampian 242
DEFEND our BORDERS Jun 22 Anahuac 2
News Bowling memories at Verdugo Hills Bowl (Oct '10) Jun 20 Mike Barrow 2
JoAnns FAbric & Craft Store-Cheats Employees (Jun '07) Jun 17 Kiki 374
More from around the web

Personal Finance

McKinleyville Mortgages