On the Record: Humboldt County DUI ch...

On the Record: Humboldt County DUI charges filed

There are 31 comments on the Eureka Times Standard story from Jan 9, 2011, titled On the Record: Humboldt County DUI charges filed. In it, Eureka Times Standard reports that:

The Humboldt County District Attorney's Office recently announced that it has charged the following people with driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs: Cassandra Marie Baird, 21, Eureka Douglas Jeremiah Baxter, 29, Eureka Crystal Marie Bradshaw, 23, Eureka Karen Lee Briggs, 57, Eureka Tou Blia Cheng, 34, Eureka Donald Kyle Cooper, 24, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Eureka Times Standard.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Still miss our kids

Shingletown, CA

#21 Jan 10, 2011
Eureka Borne wrote:
<quoted text>
Where can I find out the facts on this? Is this published somewhere?
Also, if you are interested try reading the articles with Cody Baker's name in it. As you will find out Cody was drunk driving a vehicle that ended up crashing--killing 3 kids from Ferndale and 1 from Garberville as well as injurying another passenger. I believe one of the persons named in the DUI article was born and raised in Ferndale. It is such a shame to know that someone again from our hometown disrespects the memory of these kids that are still missed so much. If Cody Baker IS free (as someone menionted) I hope he does not touch another drop of alcohol in his life...ever. If he can promise himself that and trouly mean it and live it each day then I can forgive him.
Hrmmm

San Bruno, CA

#22 Jan 10, 2011
I see that Kevin Knauff got another DUI. I say lock that scumbag up and throw away the key.
Eureka Borne

South San Francisco, CA

#23 Jan 10, 2011
Still miss our kids wrote:
<quoted text>Also, if you are interested try reading the articles with Cody Baker's name in it. As you will find out Cody was drunk driving a vehicle that ended up crashing--killing 3 kids from Ferndale and 1 from Garberville as well as injurying another passenger. I believe one of the persons named in the DUI article was born and raised in Ferndale. It is such a shame to know that someone again from our hometown disrespects the memory of these kids that are still missed so much. If Cody Baker IS free (as someone menionted) I hope he does not touch another drop of alcohol in his life...ever. If he can promise himself that and trouly mean it and live it each day then I can forgive him.
I know about this case personally but haven't heard that he is out. Please let me know if this is the case. I've seen the pain one family has gone through on this one.
long gone still remember

Campbell, CA

#24 Jan 10, 2011
Hrmmm wrote:
I see that Kevin Knauff got another DUI. I say lock that **** up and throw away the key.
ROFLMFAO!!!! Wow, and I thought I was the only one who felt like that. Poor fella, he will NEVER learn from his mistakes, only point fingers at everyone else. Too bad his family has to suffer for it.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#25 Jan 10, 2011
Innocent until proven guilty
I have often wondered, how TS has gotten away with publishing the names of people that have not yet been convicted of a crime. Has there ever been an “On The Record” that posts the names of people wrongly charged with DUI???
MWMII

United States

#26 Jan 10, 2011
I hate MADD, let peopple drink and drive, its the American way.
Official Voice of the

San Antonio, TX

#27 Jan 11, 2011
abba dabba wrote:
Someday maybe the law (Sac Politicians and those in other states) will wake up, quit taking money from the beer, wine and liquor lobbyist and make some realistic laws that apply to DUI.
The ones we have now obviously are not doing the job. The vast majority get off with a fine. The ones who are a little bit worse, like maybe busted 3 or 4 or more times might spend a month in jail and have their license suspended for 6 months. Even the killers get out on "good behavior" after a short visit to prison.
It's a joke, very bad, sad stupid joke. Need laws at least as strong as in most Euro countries and preferably like in China.
Check them out on line if you want to.
The stupid, don't give a dam-, idiot DUI drivers will not stop as they know the laws are Mickey Mouse and with a good lawyer they can beat the rap most of the time.
For any stupid bleeding hearts out their remember this when you feel sorry for them, they murder innocent people and yours and mine and all the other law abiding peoples insurance rates pay for their crap.
Execute em. On the spot
wow

United States

#28 Jan 11, 2011
so many irresponsible people!!! good thing no one got hit by them
Cinder

Mckinleyville, CA

#30 Jan 11, 2011
I wish they all would have gone right over a cliff.
Realize

United States

#31 Jul 7, 2011
disappointed wrote:
Speaking of drunk drivers, has anyone else seen that Cody Baker is back free now?
Yes I have, but do you realize any one of them could've been driving! Wheither cody was driving or not they were going to drive one way or another! Cody just ended up being the idiot that decided too take that responsibiltity and now has to live with it for the rest of his life! Not saying it was smart or taking his side what so ever, but its just something too theink about!
Realize

United States

#32 Jul 7, 2011
Still miss our kids wrote:
<quoted text>Also, if you are interested try reading the articles with Cody Baker's name in it. As you will find out Cody was drunk driving a vehicle that ended up crashing--killing 3 kids from Ferndale and 1 from Garberville as well as injurying another passenger. I believe one of the persons named in the DUI article was born and raised in Ferndale. It is such a shame to know that someone again from our hometown disrespects the memory of these kids that are still missed so much. If Cody Baker IS free (as someone menionted) I hope he does not touch another drop of alcohol in his life...ever. If he can promise himself that and trouly mean it and live it each day then I can forgive him.
Love your comment and being able too have forgivness, I feel the same exact way

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKinleyville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stuck 1 hr Shanell 1
News 'A tolerant America' (Aug '10) Sat Tom Fontaine 80
Pimp got me I am not from here and wanna go home Sat Hbj 1
What's with all this hate towards Armenians? (Jul '10) Sat Zibberwack 236
News TAP helps people get back home; bus tickets, ga... (Nov '11) Sat colbyomartin 654
bryan bruhn sick bstard aka buddy harry on face... Fri noflyzone 2
News L.A., Glendale seek injunction against Toonervi... (Nov '08) May 25 VWST X4 GANG 128
More from around the web

Personal Finance

McKinleyville Mortgages