Is Bethel University Really Broke
Oh no

Columbia, TN

#73 Feb 4, 2013
Seems the only person that could possibly pull Bethel out of this mess has now lost his Job....Mr.Keith Priestly was let go last week...He should have been given Prossers job instead of being fired.......

Jackson, TN

#74 Feb 4, 2013
Oh no wrote:
Seems the only person that could possibly pull Bethel out of this mess has now lost his Job....Mr.Keith Priestly was let go last week...He should have been given Prossers job instead of being fired.......
Keith is still there. I saw him today.
funny

Milan, TN

#75 Feb 5, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Tacky Tacky! They are someone's children and you better hope their momma's don't track you down and make you eat your words.
You are probably right, those "GIRLS" and their mommas probably could beat someone up. Doesn't change the truth abouth them though! I thought that was supposed to be a Christian school.
concerned

Murray, KY

#76 Feb 5, 2013
Tell It All wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Like when did they seize financial records? When it gets interesting, what's going to happen? Tell it all!
Right after the first of the year, after a judge inquired of Bethel about the rumors of embezzlement. Turns out you can't sweep certain things under the rug and just fire people and tell them not to come around anymore. The trustees need to realize that they hold the trust of lots of people in their hands (folks who donate to the college and parents and young people who pay tuition to the school), and they ALL need to be fired.

Jackson, TN

#77 Feb 5, 2013
funny wrote:
<quoted text>
You are probably right, those "GIRLS" and their mommas probably could beat someone up. Doesn't change the truth abouth them though! I thought that was supposed to be a Christian school.
Well I'm one of those mommas and yes you might want to be careful. You don't know who we are or where we are so you might want to watch what you say. We would hate to embarrass you in public even as judgemental as you appear to be.
funny

Milan, TN

#78 Feb 5, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I'm one of those mommas and yes you might want to be careful. You don't know who we are or where we are so you might want to watch what you say. We would hate to embarrass you in public even as judgemental as you appear to be.
Figures. Stating the truth isn't being judgemental, it is being factual. Bless y'alls heart.
children at bethel

Rowlett, TX

#79 Feb 5, 2013
I know one thing there is kids at bethel that are a long way from home that have took out loans to go to school and the student is the one that has to pay these loans back, but bethel holds these funds until they are good and ready to refund them out to the students and that is wrong unless they are going to pay these students loans off they need to get them refunded soon as they receive their money instead of holding it and spending it theirselves. This is some students only way of providing for theirselves and bethel holds their money I know of several whose money has been put into bethels account over a month ago and bethel still has not released it to the students, This is very wrong of them to do this to these students, the students are the ones paying the loans back not bethel and they cannot evern get their money when they need it.
Yep

Parsons, TN

#80 Feb 5, 2013
children at bethel wrote:
I know one thing there is kids at bethel that are a long way from home that have took out loans to go to school and the student is the one that has to pay these loans back, but bethel holds these funds until they are good and ready to refund them out to the students and that is wrong unless they are going to pay these students loans off they need to get them refunded soon as they receive their money instead of holding it and spending it theirselves. This is some students only way of providing for theirselves and bethel holds their money I know of several whose money has been put into bethels account over a month ago and bethel still has not released it to the students, This is very wrong of them to do this to these students, the students are the ones paying the loans back not bethel and they cannot evern get their money when they need it.
They tend to hold our money until after two months has gone by. Even though it shows the funds are in. They will only do direct deposit on Friday. They act like it's extremely hard to do direct deposit. Students are still waiting on refunds. I've gotten used to it though. School is always halfway over before they distribute refunds.

Maryville, TN

#81 Feb 6, 2013
You are probably right, those "GIRLS" and their mommas probably could beat someone up. Doesn't change the truth abouth them though! I thought that was supposed to be a Christian school

It is only a Christian school when convient..that is when they drop that card. Any other time it is everyone out for themselves....knives tossed..lies and alibies told and as long as in the right group it don't matter...makes wonder just how tight that group is..but oh well maybe now the ones calling the shots will be gone...like that old saying karma is sweet...sounds like they get a big dose of it,,as many people as they have crapped on they deserve it.
honest

Maryville, TN

#82 Feb 8, 2013
I would love to see a good does of karma go their way..would serve Bethel right...they think can play God and do what they want...no matter what does to other people..maybe a good dose of karma will get them to act like the christians they claim to be.
Wildcat Fan

Jackson, TN

#83 Feb 8, 2013
honest wrote:
I would love to see a good does of karma go their way..would serve Bethel right...they think can play God and do what they want...no matter what does to other people..maybe a good dose of karma will get them to act like the christians they claim to be.
What is this big dose of karma you keep talking about? Lets stop beating the "it would serve BU right, they need to act like the Christians they claim to be" drum and be specific. What is it you want to see happen?
honest

Maryville, TN

#84 Feb 9, 2013
Wildcat Fan...you made me think. What do I want to see happen ? What I want to happen is simple..the truth.I do not think that is too much to ask for...same thing about 5 others want
democrats suck

Johnson City, TN

#85 Feb 9, 2013
mismangement and outright theft.....they are cleaning out the rifraff bethel will come back stronger than ever.
Wildcat Fan

Jackson, TN

#86 Feb 9, 2013
honest wrote:
Wildcat Fan...you made me think. What do I want to see happen ? What I want to happen is simple..the truth.I do not think that is too much to ask for...same thing about 5 others want
And what exactly is that you and five others want to happen? it sounds really serious. If what democrat guy says is true - that they're cleaning out the riffraff and coming back stronger than ever, isn't that what we all want? I can't imagine what Carroll Co and surrounding counties would be like without BU. they do a lot for the economy in West Tn.
baHa

Metairie, LA

#87 Feb 9, 2013
and what exactly is that you and five others want to happen? it sounds really serious. If what democrat guy says is true - that they're cleaning out the riffraff and coming back stronger than ever, isn't that what we all want? I can't imagine what Carroll Co and surrounding counties would be like without BU. they do a lot for the economy in West Tn.
I can't imagine what Carroll Co and surrounding counties would be like without BU. they do a lot for the economy in West Tn.
I think that the people who most benefit from Bethel are the people who work there!
student

Columbia, TN

#88 Feb 10, 2013
Wildcat Fan wrote:
<quoted text>And what exactly is that you and five others want to happen? it sounds really serious. If what democrat guy says is true - that they're cleaning out the riffraff and coming back stronger than ever, isn't that what we all want? I can't imagine what Carroll Co and surrounding counties would be like without BU. they do a lot for the economy in West Tn.
No one wants bethel gone. But they do give the students the run around about every major issue from parking to student healthcare to student refunds. The teachers are great but the management is terrible. THAT is what everyone is talking about. It's hard to bring up specific instances when it is a general problem that occurs daily.
bethel alum

Columbia, TN

#89 Feb 10, 2013
I graduated from Bethel just a few years ago.

Occasionally I receive letters requesting a donation to the school. I love Bethel, the people I knew there and the professors as well, but with the present state of the University administration, that school will not see another cent of my money until they get their issues fixed and the people responsible for putting them in their dire financial situation fired and they need to start with some of those on the Board and the top of the administration.
honest

Maryville, TN

#90 Feb 10, 2013
No...nobody wants to see Bethel gone. At least I do not. I agree with bethel alum...they need to start with the board and the top of admininstration...after all they are the ones that call the shots..everyone else just plays along or gets knifed. There are at least 6 that have been terminated due to false complaints. Nobody believes any of them did anything wrong. But Campbell Hall decided they needed to go for one reason or another. If it was the economy...lay them off or what ever..but that does not give good excuse to lie and make up reason to get rid of people.
Wildcat Fan

Jackson, TN

#91 Feb 10, 2013
honest wrote:
No...nobody wants to see Bethel gone. At least I do not. I agree with bethel alum...they need to start with the board and the top of admininstration...after all they are the ones that call the shots..everyone else just plays along or gets knifed. There are at least 6 that have been terminated due to false complaints. Nobody believes any of them did anything wrong. But Campbell Hall decided they needed to go for one reason or another. If it was the economy...lay them off or what ever..but that does not give good excuse to lie and make up reason to get rid of people.
I understand. Thanks for being so honest with me.
bethel grad

United States

#92 Feb 10, 2013
honest wrote:
Some of the people let go recently may have had things made up about them and were wrongly fired. However a few of them were let go because it cost money to pay them and they didn't have an actual important job. They had more of a fluff, easy job. Bethel needs to save as much money they can right now, so they are cutting the fat off. Yes it sucks for those people but it had to be done. Bethel also doesn't keep their staff informed of anything going on as far as changes and financials. Bethel has gotten so big it doesn't communicate with others in it and that hurts them too. As for how they treat their students, I was fairly lucky in how I was treated but many i know were not so lucky.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKenzie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gleason police chief retired 9 hr bulldoggreat 11
Work from home 22 hr Tes 1
Bailey Mae Eden 23 hr look like it 5
Andrea Damesworth Mon Jeb22 6
White women who love bbc (Feb '17) Sun For Real doe 6
Eddie Dean Sun I Dem 5
Kevin green Oct 12 Sorry 3

McKenzie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance