Reply-to-WhaT

Trezevant, TN

#51 Dec 23, 2012
So, What, could you give us the source of your information regarding those reputable companies that do not put much stock into such "generic degrees", or is your claim based entirely on anecdotal evidence. I am sure the success students that you denigrate know the difference even if you do not.
What

Brookfield, WI

#53 Dec 26, 2012
Reply-to-WhaT wrote:
So, What, could you give us the source of your information regarding those reputable companies that do not put much stock into such "generic degrees", or is your claim based entirely on anecdotal evidence. I am sure the success students that you denigrate know the difference even if you do not.
Not asking for names, but could you give us wary observers where your Success grads have found "success"? Prove us wrong.The people I know who have gone through the program have either stayed employed with their current employers and gotten neglible promotions/raises or gone to work at Bethel. I know a few who don't have enough sense to be employed elsewhere.
Reply-to-WhaT

Trezevant, TN

#54 Dec 27, 2012
What wrote:
<quoted text>
Not asking for names, but could you give us wary observers where your Success grads have found "success"? Prove us wrong.The people I know who have gone through the program have either stayed employed with their current employers and gotten neglible promotions/raises or gone to work at Bethel. I know a few who don't have enough sense to be employed elsewhere.
Note, the people you know who have completed the success program need not be a representative sample, and that is what you need in order for your claims to be minimally acceptable.

My post does not require me to provide proof that you are wrong--point is, where is your evidence for concluding that success students have not had success? You have made the claim, so you need to provide the statistical evidence to support your claims.

This should be simple enough, count the number of students who have completed the success program, and count the number of employees at bethel who have completed the program.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#55 Dec 28, 2012
This comment is directed to "Concerned."

I signed in so you could e-mail me direct as you seem to have the most responses to the Bethel story and have opened up some serious questions.

Of course and by doing so I realize anyone can write, but I am hoping "concerned" will.

I have not talked to anyone at City Hall... but I may, however, I need more information.

I hope you can provide me with the information I need to follow up on the story about Bethels new location in Paris.

You can write with or without giving me return info. But if you do I will need to know that you are serious, before I decide to write back.

Please respond as soon as possible.

Location hidden

#56 Dec 28, 2012
To "Concerned"

I forgot to mention... My previous post were under the name "What is going on" just so you will know I have been on here before.

And you will have to sign in to respond to me, but it's private and you can make up another name just for when you sign in.

I need this information... please respond.

Location hidden

#57 Dec 28, 2012
concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
Go talk to Sam Tharpe, the mayor of Paris. Or the County Executive in Henry County. Bethel cannot afford to finish the building and has told Paris and Henry County so. There is a lot going on here that doesn't add up. Four more people were let go at the end of this last semester, along with Prosser's boy. The board of trustees found "inappropriation of funds" but will not persecute anyone. Sounds like a huge cover up to me.
Write to me ASAP.
concerned

Benton, KY

#58 Jan 1, 2013
What kind of info do you want? It's public knowledge that "something" inappropriate happened. The board of trustees admitted that someone mis-used funds, and it comes to the millions of dollars, but yet they won't press charges. Something stinks, and it needs to be made known.

Location hidden

#59 Jan 1, 2013
To "concerned"

I read the Dan Jackson article in the PI, but that didn't tell me what I want and I did no ask Dan his sourse of info... and I do know him.

Is it "public knowlwdge" or just "public rumors" about what you are saying?

I can't do rumors unless there is something solid to back it up and I haven't seen any.

I need info. giving me direct reason to believe that Bethel will not open their Paris campus, as planned, on time or ever.

You tell me to talk to the City and County Mayors and I know both, however, I don't have anything but your comment on topix. Not enought to take up their time.

I have not seen one word in the newspaper to back up your comment. And I would believe if the Board of Trustees had something to say it would be public info and that would find it's way to the press. But, I havent seen this. I would believe this to be a "big" news story... so where is it?

If you have something serious to tell me join topix and send me a private e-mail to "Tell me the story." And if I can believe it or find a back up to what you say I will do something about it.

Don't give me that info in this open forum site. Send e-mail... that's why they (topix) fixed it this way. So we can write to each other in a private setting.

If it "stinks" this bad prove it to me and I will dig into it and if it is true... to my believing it and not just rumors... I will take it to the press and or confront the Mayors of both Paris and Henry County or both.

I know you don't know me... but I don't know you either, so we will just have to work on some degree of trust.

I am waiting...
truthfairy

Cookeville, TN

#61 Jan 12, 2013
bob prosser is also a preacher and steves father and bethel president. but nepotism isnt illegal is it?

Huntingdon, TN

#62 Jan 14, 2013
Most people already know that ..no nepositm is not illegal. But Bethel's ability to lie when they want might be pretty close.....
no wildcat

Huntingdon, TN

#63 Jan 27, 2013
oh and just had a friend compart Bethel to UT Martin and was told Bethel is over rated.....yep yep yep..guess that is what they get for setting up people....lol maybe karma is bitting them in the rear
Trepidation

Jackson, TN

#64 Jan 30, 2013
The athletic director suspended practice for the shooting team. Bethel is not releasing endowment money from the 2011 National Competition they won nor the money the team has raised. Allegedly, they are in debt $10 million to a construction company for the new education building after the benefactor passed away and her heirs cut off the funding. Didn't think funds could be comingled, but it really makes it appear something is going on
Neighbor

Jackson, TN

#65 Jan 30, 2013
Trepidation wrote:
The athletic director suspended practice for the shooting team. Bethel is not releasing endowment money from the 2011 National Competition they won nor the money the team has raised. Allegedly, they are in debt $10 million to a construction company for the new education building after the benefactor passed away and her heirs cut off the funding. Didn't think funds could be comingled, but it really makes it appear something is going on
I don't think you can spend endowment money. You can spend the interest but not the principal.
Trepidation

Jackson, TN

#66 Jan 30, 2013
The original $10,000 was supposed to be in a trust account. The fact is practice was suspended. The team had a budget. Suddenly, shells ordered can't be paid for and when questions were asked of the Athletic Director about upcoming shoots, their National shoot, in March and their scholarships they were told to just take it a step at a time, and figure out how to pay for shells first. So evidentally they can't spend the "interest", the money they raised, or the money in their budget.
Justme

Jackson, TN

#67 Jan 30, 2013
Bethel better quit playing the good old boy card and catering to all the Mckenzie people that like this or that person, unless they get a person that understands how simple things work like making money it's going to be closing the doors. Again Chappell running athletics is a joke and Kelly just gets a paycheck. Again the good ole boy mckenzie system doesn't work. More layoffs this week doesn't look good for good old Bethel....
concerned

Benton, KY

#68 Feb 1, 2013
I have heard from a very reliable source that the TBI has seized financial records. This might get very interesting...soon.
Tell It All

Jackson, TN

#69 Feb 3, 2013
concerned wrote:
I have heard from a very reliable source that the TBI has seized financial records. This might get very interesting...soon.
Really? Like when did they seize financial records? When it gets interesting, what's going to happen? Tell it all!

Jackson, TN

#70 Feb 4, 2013
True wrote:
<quoted text>
That is funny and true! Even the halfway regular looking girls are "switch hitters".
Tacky Tacky! They are someone's children and you better hope their momma's don't track you down and make you eat your words.

Jackson, TN

#71 Feb 4, 2013
Tell me the story wrote:
To "Concerned"
I forgot to mention... My previous post were under the name "What is going on" just so you will know I have been on here before.
And you will have to sign in to respond to me, but it's private and you can make up another name just for when you sign in.
I need this information... please respond.
Did you get the information you needed? If not, let me know.
Curious Person

Jackson, TN

#72 Feb 4, 2013
Trepidation wrote:
The original $10,000 was supposed to be in a trust account. The fact is practice was suspended. The team had a budget. Suddenly, shells ordered can't be paid for and when questions were asked of the Athletic Director about upcoming shoots, their National shoot, in March and their scholarships they were told to just take it a step at a time, and figure out how to pay for shells first. So evidentally they can't spend the "interest", the money they raised, or the money in their budget.
Did the team do fund raisers and raise that original $10,000 they needed to go to the tournament or did they win $10,000 and put it in a trust account and now can't get it out? I'm not sure I understand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKenzie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best Bar in Carroll County 3 hr Winner takes all 3
girl named Devon at McDonald's? 3 hr No Brainer 2
I love cats. I love every kind of cat. 15 hr Whats my name 7
Bobby Gee's Diner (May '13) Apr 18 Larry Logan and w... 27
gypsy Apr 18 Kim Kim 5
alex spencer... Apr 18 anonymoouse 2
Coach Browning HAS to go! Apr 17 Someone close 20
More from around the web

McKenzie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE