lola

United States

#21 Jan 1, 2012
I will say I've ate there and I'd rather drive to Jackson. . I'm sure some days are better than others but I was not impressed. For price ya pay I expect for my food to be hot, or at least warm, and my steak to not be overcooked.

“You want 2 be like me-admit it”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#22 Jan 1, 2012
give them time..ate there once--it was good

United States

#23 Jan 1, 2012
Ate there last night and had the marinated Sirloin & baked potato. The steak was HEAVILY seasoned and spicy for some odd reason. It was ordered Medium and was served Rare....and it was CHEWY, not tender, but CHEWY. My loaded potato was the size of quarter and only had 2 bacon bits and 3 shreds of cheese. wont be going back. for the price Jackson is a better choice. 1 STAR ***ONE STAR*** Poor service also.
Mckenzie

United States

#24 Jan 1, 2012
Guest wrote:
Ate there last night and had the marinated Sirloin & baked potato. The steak was HEAVILY seasoned and spicy for some odd reason. It was ordered Medium and was served Rare....and it was CHEWY, not tender, but CHEWY. My loaded potato was the size of quarter and only had 2 bacon bits and 3 shreds of cheese. wont be going back. for the price Jackson is a better choice. 1 STAR ***ONE STAR*** Poor service also.
Go to Higs see what happens there

Burnet, TX

#25 Jan 1, 2012
Didn't chose to eat at "Higs" last night, we chose Ole West Steak House and we were disappointed. Perhaps next time we'll return to Higs .....Ole West still gets **1 STAR** all the remodeling in the world isn't helping the pathetic food and service we had last night.
Mckenzie

United States

#26 Jan 2, 2012
Higs doesn't even get a star its a dump extremely poor service all the food is bad and they charge three prices for it Higs is a dump
Paris TN

Arp, TX

#27 Jan 2, 2012
The owner at Ole West is the biggest loser in this area. Rotten business man. Hes a dirty old bastard. my daughter worked for him and his brother and they're a bunch of pervert scum bags. should be in jail not in business. Parents watch your kids if the work there! youve been warned!!!!!
dasfhjxcf

Paris, TN

#28 Jan 5, 2012
Guest wrote:
Didn't chose to eat at "Higs" last night, we chose Ole West Steak House and we were disappointed. Perhaps next time we'll return to Higs .....Ole West still gets **1 STAR** all the remodeling in the world isn't helping the pathetic food and service we had last night.
who wasyour waitress
R U Crazy

Martin, TN

#29 Jan 7, 2012
How much did you get paid to type that shit!!! Your an idiot. AND obviously a very good liar.
amber wrote:
this is one of the top restaurants to eat in mckenzie area. you can feel the warm and cozy atmosphere!! the restaurant is absolutely beautiful in the inside!!! it has some of the best steaks,pasta, baby back ribs as a matter of fact every thing on the menu is great!!!! the workers are really friendly... the owner is really nice and a really nice guy!!!!! the ole west steak house in martin is past so people can just stup up about that!!! the owner did not have any restaurants go out of business maybe he closed some down or something like that... he does pay his workers i know that for a fact!!! and the prices are not high!! every thing in this economy today is high!!!we are not like mcdonalds where you go buy a burger for a dollar!!! and for you people who are writing bad stuff on here dont have anything better to do in their lives!! all i am trying to say is......THIS IS THE BEST RESTAURANT TO EAT at!! FIVE STARS GREAT PRICES GREAT ATMOSPHERE FRIENDLY PEOPLE AND WORKERS AND MOST OF ALL GREAT FOOD!!!! and if you have not noticed they are have really good specials!!! the baby back ribs are delicious!!!...... FOR ALL THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE NOT ATE HERE COME TRY THE FANTASTIC RESTAURANT!!! I AM POSITIVE YOU WILL LOVE IT AND YOU WILL WANT TO COME BACK!!!!!!!**if you dont have money to eat out quit complaining and eat at home**
WillNotGoBack

United States

#30 Jan 7, 2012
If you plan on sharing your food don't go there...I was not very hungry and wanted to share a sandwich and fries with my husband but they said I could not do that...WTF...They said it was like two eating for the price of one,,,I was not eating on the buffet I just wanted to share...I will never go back there !! Idiots !!
in the know

Finger, TN

#31 Jan 7, 2012
Did you know the owner is paying some workers in cash? Oh, it's ok. It's just the ones who owe a whole lot of child support. Wouldn't want to get their checks garnished for child support. Deadbeat boss and employees.
amber

Jackson, TN

#32 Jan 15, 2012
the man wrote:
Someone should report that sorry restaurant. They do so many illegal stuff. He's a piece of crap person. He is going to get what he deserves.
ummmm. you are a piece of shit so shut the hell up
abby

Jackson, TN

#33 Jan 15, 2012
Guest wrote:
the food is good from what i see you just like to say stuff
josh

Jackson, TN

#34 Jan 15, 2012
WillNotGoBack wrote:
If you plan on sharing your food don't go there...I was not very hungry and wanted to share a sandwich and fries with my husband but they said I could not do that...WTF...They said it was like two eating for the price of one,,,I was not eating on the buffet I just wanted to share...I will never go back there !! Idiots !!
you are a idiot the people at old west are right!!!!
amber

Jackson, TN

#35 Jan 15, 2012
R U Crazy wrote:
How much did you get paid to type that shit!!! Your an idiot. AND obviously a very good liar.
<quoted text>
bitch i am eat here everyday and i did not get paid to write this dumb ass!!!! i am not a liar i am just telling the truth unlike you so just shut up!!
jordan

Jackson, TN

#37 Jan 15, 2012
to expensive wrote:
i ate there the other night and was shocked by the prices i mean a grilled cheese was six dollars
shut up food is really high these days
WillNotGoBack

United States

#38 Jan 15, 2012
josh wrote:
<quoted text> you are a idiot the people at old west are right!!!!
You are the idiot....They will not be there long that for sure....Idiots !!
Would like to go but

Paris, TN

#39 Jan 20, 2012
It always starts out good then goes down in the dumps and the prices are going to have to be in the price range of McKenzie Hello we just had another factory to close this year... And a grilled cheese for 6.00 Please there is no argument there we are not living in Nashville and as a matter of fact we just went to Red Robin's 3 days ago and you could get a grilled cheese on the kid menu for 4.99 can we say price gouging!!!
not a fan

United States

#40 Jan 20, 2012
My steak and everyone else's in my party was burnt and some even beet raw in the middle. Im sorry but that's not med well. You could smell that it was burnt. (And the fish was raw. Good thing she didn't eat that either. ) Sent it back to be cooked correctly and said they couldn't recook that many steaks
wow

Paris, TN

#41 Jan 24, 2012
yeah and the waitresses get tlked to like shit. they try their hardest and the managers just scream at them. no one should be tlked to like that. im sorry but thir just human..one boss saysto do something one way and the the other ones sees you doin it and u get screamed at for doin it that way. so matter what all day u get screamed at. my daughter used to work their and i went back in their to eat one day and watched waitresses get screamed at in front of customers the whole time by an old woman boss. imsorry but never in my life...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKenzie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mike smith (Jul '14) 12 hr punk 7
Best booty in h town? 18 hr beastmode 6
Sarah Mims (Jun '14) 18 hr beastmode 16
pics and videos 18 hr beastmode 4
Michael Joe Sun Tell it right 10
McKenzie Medical center Mar 26 okay 4
Michael Joe Ridey (May '14) Mar 26 Goat 25
McKenzie Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web