16 charged in alleged illegal gamblin...

16 charged in alleged illegal gambling operation

There are 128 comments on the PA Office of Attorney General Press RSS Feed story from Sep 5, 2013, titled 16 charged in alleged illegal gambling operation. In it, PA Office of Attorney General Press RSS Feed reports that:

Attorney General Kathleen G. Kane today announced charges against 16 people in connection with an alleged illegal gambling operation in and around McKeesport, Pa.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PA Office of Attorney General Press RSS Feed.

Figures

Mckeesport, PA

#122 Oct 6, 2013
Who's next to be indicted?
Informer

West Mifflin, PA

#123 Oct 6, 2013
no one on the menu as of last week.
all fingers point to porky thats about where it stops. all the bagmen worked for porky is all i'm hearing and money was handed out by porky to these individuals.they all took orders from pork. unless the pork breaks down and rats i doubt there will be anymore indictments. I have the inside track. right now the mayor and all the way up to the senator are all safe. all they got there are political donations which arent a crime, suspicious yes, but no crime. you cant win a case on suspicion alone. this is from a good source .
Jamming Time is Here

Mckeesport, PA

#124 Oct 6, 2013
Informer wrote:
no one on the menu as of last week.
all fingers point to porky thats about where it stops. all the bagmen worked for porky is all i'm hearing and money was handed out by porky to these individuals.they all took orders from pork. unless the pork breaks down and rats i doubt there will be anymore indictments. I have the inside track. right now the mayor and all the way up to the senator are all safe. all they got there are political donations which arent a crime, suspicious yes, but no crime. you cant win a case on suspicion alone. this is from a good source .
The cake is not even half baked. There will be more indictments. The bagmen will flip or the Feds will step in with the RICO and financially destroy the bagmen and seize all their assets.

The authorities know how to jam the bagmen into talking or else cage time. It works every time.
Sammy the Bull

Pittsburgh, PA

#125 Oct 6, 2013
Jamming Time is Here wrote:
<quoted text>
The cake is not even half baked. There will be more indictments. The bagmen will flip or the Feds will step in with the RICO and financially destroy the bagmen and seize all their assets.
The authorities know how to jam the bagmen into talking or else cage time. It works every time.
You're right the days of keeping quiet for the wiseguys at the top are over.
Jamming Time is Here

Mckeesport, PA

#126 Oct 6, 2013
Sammy the Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right the days of keeping quiet for the wiseguys at the top are over.
A few elected city and state officials should be sensitized to the nuclear bomb effect of the RICO act and immunity for their cohorts.

That combination when force fed in the prescribed dosage will evaporate some arrogant and narcissistic persons. They will be afflicted with a severe case of diarrhea of the vocal cords. The words keep flowing and can not be turned off.

If the words do not flow, then their ears will hear the loud clang of the cage doors shutting.
Allens Town

Reading, PA

#127 Oct 6, 2013
MASD N City Overstaffed wrote:
<quoted text>
Your thoughts and intentions have merit but you missed the whole point after you had it in your crosshairs.
The MASD school board members serve without pay. City council members are paid about $4000 per year. Total saving $8000.
Now the point you missed. The time is coming where the city might not be able to afford over 160 employees and a paid fire department. The Delta report stated that the city was over staffed with police persons.
Look at this way. The city population is about 19,000 and the budget is about $19,000,000. In other words it cost every person in each household $1000 EACH to operate our city.
The MASD has too many over paid administrators and teachers. The school district does not need two business managers that together cost the MASD well over $300,000 with benefits.
The superintendent is over paid also with all his over paid staff. They could fire 10 administrators without impact on education IMO. But the board is controlled by the MDC, union and the senator so this would never happen. They will sting the taxpayers for any amount of taxes to preserve votes.
Unfortunately, that is the way it is.
That just about sums up every borough, muni , city in Pa . It will get worse as time goes by . The overblown legislature will never harm their own or the lobbyists that come bearing gifts . There will be an end . The people that support this corrupt government don't have defined pension benefits and will run out of money . The ones left hanging on can never support the greed and all will implode .
Tremors

Mckeesport, PA

#128 Oct 6, 2013
When the money is gone so are the corrupt because that's all they stick together for.
Tremors

Mckeesport, PA

#129 Oct 6, 2013
Any police that are honest can easily get another job, but telling all you know is what you truly signed up for.

I say talking to the AG and FBI will help. I guarantee any decent police officer can get other work. Just ask around for references and I am certain citizens or other honest city workers will give you high references.

The chief and especially assistant chief may have the inclination to retaliate but I am certain the news and citizens will all back you. Retaliation and by whom would certainly make news.
Bottomless Money Pit

Mckeesport, PA

#130 Oct 6, 2013
Tremors wrote:
When the money is gone so are the corrupt because that's all they stick together for.
The money is never gone. The MASD has about $60 million of your tax money to enjoy and manipulate and spend on outrageous salaries and conferences.
Aha you

Mckeesport, PA

#131 Oct 7, 2013
White Oak Lady wrote:
Only a tip of the "iceberg".How could the McKeesport Public Officials and the Police Department not know this was going on?(Probably were protecting the entire operation). What kind of a role model is Mark Holtzman, Sr.? For the sake of the students at McKeesport HS, he needs to step down as School Director, if he has any decency left. Everyone has had a loved one with an illness but it doesn't cause them to become a criminal. The Twin Oaks lounge in Rainbow Village Shopping Center, White Oak Borough is a few doors away from the Magistrates office, the White Oak Borough Mayor frequented the Twin Oaks Lounge. How could they not know what was going on?
I hope Pa. Attorney General Kane goes after the "Drug Kingpins" in this same locale next, maybe we wouldn't have so many young people addicted to drugs and "OH" don't forget about all of the "murders".
I applaud AG Kane for doing what she is doing. We need more public officials like her, maybe our world would be a much better, safer place.
Understatement!
Mr Blue

Pittsburgh, PA

#132 Oct 7, 2013
Tremors wrote:
Any police that are honest can easily get another job, but telling all you know is what you truly signed up for.
I say talking to the AG and FBI will help. I guarantee any decent police officer can get other work. Just ask around for references and I am certain citizens or other honest city workers will give you high references.
The chief and especially assistant chief may have the inclination to retaliate but I am certain the news and citizens will all back you. Retaliation and by whom would certainly make news.
McKeesport Police are the laughing stock of all the legitimate police departments outside the Mon Valley. Just ask around.
You got it

Mckeesport, PA

#133 Oct 9, 2013
Cookie Jar Move wrote:
<quoted text>
When former Mayor Brewster got exposed and challenged on his attempt to get a bogus $83,000, he saved face by donating our tax money in his name to some 25 city charities that he hand picked. HE CONTRIBUTIES IT TO CHARITIES TO APPEAR BENEVOLENT WITH OUR TAX DOLLARS.
When Rep Gergely gets exposed on questionable campaign funds he donates it to a for-profit - HE CONTRIBUTES IT TO CHARITY TO APPEAR BENEVOLENT. And some of the contributions came out his personal account -- why was it deposited there in the first place?
When Rep Kortz and the Monessen Rep get exposed - THEY RETURN THE MONEY.
When Mayor Cherepko gets exposed accepting and perhaps orchestrating an illegal contribute from MACM -- HE RETURNS IT.
When Mayor Cherepko gets exposed accepting and perhaps orchestrating an illegal contribute from MEMS -- HE RETURNS IT.
Did Mayor Cherepko donate or return his $4050 he received from Porky who proclaimed he had influence over the city and police force? Why not Mikey?
If a MPD officer issues me a citation for creeping through a STOP sign, can I back up at the stop sign and then fully stop,and then return the citation?
Keep exposing them.
You got it

Mckeesport, PA

#134 Oct 9, 2013
Mr Blue wrote:
<quoted text>
McKeesport Police are the laughing stock of all the legitimate police departments outside the Mon Valley. Just ask around.
Everyone's telling me McKeesport police makes or breaks laws at will. They can just make up charges and everyone pays for the selective enforcing or ignoring or false charges.

A lot of people say McKeesport is the most corrupt in the Mon Valley. Some just keep laughing and say it should have been taken over long ago.

Without government or illegal gambling proceeds, how will they survive? Some other illegal trade?
Bogey

Pittsburgh, PA

#135 Oct 9, 2013
Porky made too much money and somebody was a hater. Meanwhile every bar in WM Mckeesport GLassport everywhere has a machine paying out.

This case is a joke.

and a one and a two.. shooobeydooobedyoooo
Who Me Indicted

Mckeesport, PA

#136 Oct 9, 2013
Bogey wrote:
This case is a joke.
Sure you think this case is a joke. It is a joke that you think it is a joke.

Sixteen indictments are not a joke. You can ask Orie, Veon, DeWeese and the others mentioned in "Keystone Corruptions" how much a joke an indictment is followed by a conviction.

The State procreators have a very high percentage of convictions off their indictments. If they do not believe they got a good case that will not indict.
Exactly

Mckeesport, PA

#137 Oct 9, 2013
Only John Elash talks that way as the DUI city solicitor for McKeesport. A solicitor playing down everything for his delusional, corrupt city friends.

But he was claiming no indictments would ever take place, remove a line he placed in the sand.
Solicitor Soldier

Mckeesport, PA

#139 Oct 10, 2013
Exactly wrote:
Only John Elash talks that way as the DUI city solicitor for McKeesport. A solicitor playing down everything for his delusional, corrupt city friends.
But he was claiming no indictments would ever take place, remove a line he placed in the sand.
The only defense mechanism the corrupt cartel has is to continue their delusional lies which has worked for years.

On yea, the Post-Gazette is blowing this out of proportion Mayor Cherepko. But, Mayor Cherepko and Mr. Solicitor the P-G DID NOT not raid 62 locations, confiscate over 360 devices, issue 134 page search warrant affidavit, convene a state a grand jury, and indict 16 persons. And, many believe that their are more indictment pending.

The solicitor soldier may not cheerfully take a bullet for those he was so loyal to for years and who essentially own him.

Recall that Mayor Brewster at one time was paying him $120,000 a year which was $20,000 more that Mayor Ravenstalh’s attorney. He was campaigning for Mr. Brewster using city resources at that time. Where are you AG on this atrocity?

The solicitor soldier was heard to threaten more than once that he had a (black) file on everyone. Solicitor why compile a file on your perceived adversaries if you had no reasons or did not plan to exploit such when all your other options are exhausted?

The solicitor Soldier was heard to say that he is not going to the slammer for anyone.

Those are not specious or delusional loose promises. They are perceived more like unveiled serious threats and a potential career ending lethal weapon launched at his adversaries.

The public and those in the know, recall that the Solicitor Soldier even denied that any investigation was going on when asked the question by Council President Segina. What happened Solicitor Soldier about your comment that NO INDICTMENTS WOULD BE served? I think your were wrong 16 times.

It believe that some at city hill need a anti-delusion prescription and treatment ASAP.
Transparency

Mckeesport, PA

#140 Oct 13, 2013
White Oak Lady wrote:
Only a tip of the "iceberg".How could the McKeesport Public Officials and the Police Department not know this was going on?(Probably were protecting the entire operation). What kind of a role model is Mark Holtzman, Sr.? For the sake of the students at McKeesport HS, he needs to step down as School Director, if he has any decency left. Everyone has had a loved one with an illness but it doesn't cause them to become a criminal. The Twin Oaks lounge in Rainbow Village Shopping Center, White Oak Borough is a few doors away from the Magistrates office, the White Oak Borough Mayor frequented the Twin Oaks Lounge. How could they not know what was going on?
I hope Pa. Attorney General Kane goes after the "Drug Kingpins" in this same locale next, maybe we wouldn't have so many young people addicted to drugs and "OH" don't forget about all of the "murders".
I applaud AG Kane for doing what she is doing. We need more public officials like her, maybe our world would be a much better, safer place.
McKeesport must be the worst city or town of western Pennsylvania.
Not all

Mckeesport, PA

#141 Oct 14, 2013
White Oak Lady wrote:
The McKeesport police all knew! They live at The Viking in McKeesport! The councilman that owns The Viking is one of the indicted!
Everyone knows

Sharon, PA

#142 Nov 7, 2013
White Oak Lady wrote:
McKeesport police knew for years according to the reports. McKeesport police frequent The Viking in McKeesport daily, for years and current.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
City Council 1 hr Tale of Two Cities 17
Another Shooting 1 hr Joe 45
Several Pittsburgh area school districts downgr... 2 hr Nie place to live 1
SHOOTINGS IN McKEESPORT and our FUTURE as a CITY (Jul '12) 2 hr Innocent Lad 86
City Council Member against violence is violent... 14 hr McCall 4 Controller 16
News Action News Investigates: City denies elderly w... Jul 26 Failed Cover Up 77
News "save our transit invades re-election party (Feb '07) Jul 26 Tom Corruptett 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

McKeesport Mortgages