16 charged in alleged illegal gambling operation

Full story: PA Office of Attorney General Press RSS Feed

Attorney General Kathleen G. Kane today announced charges against 16 people in connection with an alleged illegal gambling operation in and around McKeesport, Pa.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of128
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
White Oak Lady

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Sep 10, 2013
 

Judged:

4

2

2

Only a tip of the "iceberg".How could the McKeesport Public Officials and the Police Department not know this was going on?(Probably were protecting the entire operation). What kind of a role model is Mark Holtzman, Sr.? For the sake of the students at McKeesport HS, he needs to step down as School Director, if he has any decency left. Everyone has had a loved one with an illness but it doesn't cause them to become a criminal. The Twin Oaks lounge in Rainbow Village Shopping Center, White Oak Borough is a few doors away from the Magistrates office, the White Oak Borough Mayor frequented the Twin Oaks Lounge. How could they not know what was going on?

I hope Pa. Attorney General Kane goes after the "Drug Kingpins" in this same locale next, maybe we wouldn't have so many young people addicted to drugs and "OH" don't forget about all of the "murders".

I applaud AG Kane for doing what she is doing. We need more public officials like her, maybe our world would be a much better, safer place.
Dear W O Lady

Turtle Creek, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Sep 10, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

You think the McKeesport police department , public officials, WO magistrate and WO mayor were all in on this so called "protecting the entire operation"?!?! Are you for real???

And as an after thought you say to PA Attorney General Kane and "Oh don't forget about the "murders".

I could care less who puts money in a poker machine. And it sure seems like Porky sure pissed someone off because walk into any bar or club in White Oak, Versailles, Mckeesport, Dravosburg anywhere around here and there are machines paying off everywhere!!

Yep poker machines kill people GUNS AND DRUGS DON'T
ex cop

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Sep 10, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Ok skippy here we go.

Should I pay for a parking ticket when I was tagged with an expired parking meter?

Should I get fined for NOT wearing a seatbelt?

Should I get fined for going 5 MPH over the speed limit?

Should I get fined for going 18 MPH in a 15 MPH school zone?

Should I get fined for parking on the yellow line marked for Emergency vehicles?

Too any laws on the books for petty stuff, what ya think?
Corruption Cop Report

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Sep 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I sure wish that Mr. Gergely and Mr. Brewster would go into a hiatus and not comment on any of the questions pertaining to their video poker games involvement or knowledge. I like Jimmy and Marc and wish them luck in these matters.

You should refer all question to your attorney that we the taxpayers are paying for.

Your damage control scenarios are preposterous. Your sagas are an insult to every citizen and taxpayer in the Mon Valley.

For example, one of the most preposterous explanations is Mr. Gergely writing a $2000 check from his personal account to a gambling addiction rehab organization to forward a contribution received from Porky, WHY AND HOW DID PORKY’S CONTRIBUTION GET INTO YOUR PERSONAL ACCOUNT IN THE FRIST PLACE? The statement is hilarious, stupid, and ill conceived and worthy of earning an indictment on its own. You just admitted to the public that Porky gave you money for personal use. That is tantamount to a bribe or a kickback --- how foolish can you be?

Did you treat the money from Porky as a gift or income with respect to your IRS filings?
John Gotti

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Sep 10, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Corruption Cop Report wrote:
I sure wish that Mr. Gergely and Mr. Brewster would go into a hiatus and not comment on any of the questions pertaining to their video poker games involvement or knowledge. I like Jimmy and Marc and wish them luck in these matters.
You should refer all question to your attorney that we the taxpayers are paying for.
Your damage control scenarios are preposterous. Your sagas are an insult to every citizen and taxpayer in the Mon Valley.
For example, one of the most preposterous explanations is Mr. Gergely writing a $2000 check from his personal account to a gambling addiction rehab organization to forward a contribution received from Porky, WHY AND HOW DID PORKY’S CONTRIBUTION GET INTO YOUR PERSONAL ACCOUNT IN THE FRIST PLACE? The statement is hilarious, stupid, and ill conceived and worthy of earning an indictment on its own. You just admitted to the public that Porky gave you money for personal use. That is tantamount to a bribe or a kickback --- how foolish can you be?
Did you treat the money from Porky as a gift or income with respect to your IRS filings?
If Porky doesn't have Gergely whacked he will always be remembered as a chump's chump.
Big Louie

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Sep 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

If a candidate or officeholder makes political expenditures from personal funds, he or she may use political contributions to reimburse himself or herself if the expenditures are properly reported either on the reporting schedule for loans or on the reporting schedule for political expenditures from personal funds. In order for a candidate or officeholder to use political contributions to reimburse his or her personal funds, the political expenditure from personal funds must be reported on the report covering the period in which the expenditures are made.

A candidate or officeholder must keep political contributions in one or more accounts that are separate from any other account maintained by the candidate or officeholder.(There is no requirement to keep campaign contributions in a separate account from officeholder contributions.)
Stupid Q

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Sep 10, 2013
 
Well all politicians have ate or drank at most of these establishments so I'm saying they all knew what was going on but just protected and supported it, I've seen cherpeko, Brewster, gergly, etc playing the machines and getting kick back. I know for a fact mayor cherpeko is the biggest gambler in mckeesport. He's just that lucky so what I have to say is who really cares. Everyone gambles here and there. It politics if ur not in then we are all out.
Allegheny Agony

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Sep 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dear W O Lady wrote:
You think the McKeesport police department , public officials, WO magistrate and WO mayor were all in on this so called "protecting the entire operation"?!?! Are you for real???
And as an after thought you say to PA Attorney General Kane and "Oh don't forget about the "murders".
I could care less who puts money in a poker machine. And it sure seems like Porky sure pissed someone off because walk into any bar or club in White Oak, Versailles, Mckeesport, Dravosburg anywhere around here and there are machines paying off everywhere!!
Yep poker machines kill people GUNS AND DRUGS DON'T
You just missed the target by a mile but could care less
Allegheny Agony

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Sep 10, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Big Louie wrote:
If a candidate or officeholder makes political expenditures from personal funds, he or she may use political contributions to reimburse himself or herself if the expenditures are properly reported either on the reporting schedule for loans or on the reporting schedule for political expenditures from personal funds. In order for a candidate or officeholder to use political contributions to reimburse his or her personal funds, the political expenditure from personal funds must be reported on the report covering the period in which the expenditures are made.
A candidate or officeholder must keep political contributions in one or more accounts that are separate from any other account maintained by the candidate or officeholder.(There is no requirement to keep campaign contributions in a separate account from officeholder contributions.)
Hey jerkface , bagmen and bag money . This is in the pocket money , nothing reported .
White Oak Lady

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Sep 12, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

1

How could anyone believe that State Rep. Mark Gergey was not up to his eyebrows in this corruption. The wiretap of his phone clearly shows that the Pa. Attorney General's office had evidence beforehand of his involvement. This is not what I want representing our District. Now the McKeesport Daily News has the audacity to write an article about his generosity by donating the money he received in campaign donations from "Porky" to an organization for people who have gambling and drug and alcohol addictions. "AMAZING"
realization

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Sep 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

White Oak Lady wrote:
How could anyone believe that State Rep. Mark Gergey was not up to his eyebrows in this corruption. The wiretap of his phone clearly shows that the Pa. Attorney General's office had evidence beforehand of his involvement. This is not what I want representing our District. Now the McKeesport Daily News has the audacity to write an article about his generosity by donating the money he received in campaign donations from "Porky" to an organization for people who have gambling and drug and alcohol addictions. "AMAZING"
That's because he's got the Daily News in his hip pocket. Gergey got caught with his hand in the illegal cookie jar. Trying to save face he donated the payoff money to the addition center.

Remember frank gigliotti. He did the same maneuvers.
Amish Mafia

Beaver, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Sep 12, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

If I rob a bank and give it to charity I won't go to jail will I ?
NFL Rule Applies

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Sep 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Amish Mafia wrote:
If I rob a bank and give it to charity I won't go to jail will I ?
You have to explain and convince the law authorities and Daily News that it was a "Charitable Move."

They will embellish your "Charitable Move" and make a high light clip for the next publication. No instant replay required after the DN exonerate you.
NFL Rule Applies

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Sep 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The Honorable Rep. Marc Gergely did not make a "Criminal Act Move" before the monies were donated to a for profit charity, therefore the ruling on the wiretap is overturned.
AGONIZINGLY STUPID

Turtle Creek, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Sep 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

I don't care about poker. The bullets haven't missed many targets and we haven't seen AG Kane send any of her "undercover" police to help stop the violence. Nothing.
Amish Mafia

Beaver, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Sep 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

AGONIZINGLY STUPID wrote:
I don't care about poker. The bullets haven't missed many targets and we haven't seen AG Kane send any of her "undercover" police to help stop the violence. Nothing.
Rome wasn't built in a day I guess we should all be patient and keep paying taxes
NOT BLIND

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Sep 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Did someone have a complaint with Porky since he has been stopped but there are still machine in businesses in Glassport and surrounding areas. If one supplier is going to be stopped then they all should be. Right is right! Or are they paying the right people?
It Could Be Worse

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Sep 12, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

NFL Rule Applies wrote:
The Honorable Rep. Marc Gergely did not make a "Criminal Act Move" before the monies were donated to a for profit charity, therefore the ruling on the wiretap is overturned.
It's not like he tried to beat the city for %83,500 in "deferred comp" and then played the charity donation card once caught.
curious

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Sep 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

whats the latest? any updates?
Capt Marvel

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Sep 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

curious wrote:
whats the latest? any updates?
http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/local/nei...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of128
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the McKeesport Forum right now

Search the McKeesport Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 49 min Obama Fails Middle Class 3,508
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 54 min Pa dem 51,311
5 Plead Guilty In Alleged Mon Valley Gambling Ring 5 hr Lou 22
All the more reason to get pregnant in Mckeespo... 22 hr Jeramine 5
AG: 16 charged in connection with alleged illeg... (Sep '13) Fri mike ference 513
Is Ted Danson from McKeesport? (Jan '11) Fri CCD Baby 548
Carrick Man Charged In 2009 Fatal Home Invasion... Apr 17 Jeffery 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

McKeesport Jobs

•••
•••
•••

McKeesport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••