Retired Police Officer Facing Charges In Fatal Hit & Run

Jan 17, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS Local

A former Allegheny County police officer is now facing charges in connection with a deadly hit-and-run accident early Wednesday morning in McKeesport.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of60
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Lauded

New Castle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Excellent job by the witnesses and police. He was laughing on his porch on the news.
Destiny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Okay, first off...you dont know why he was laughing! So maybe you shouldnt make rude or smart comments. It was an accident!!
Destiny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

For anyone that has rude or any kind of comments other then nice...should be punched! How would you feel if this was you?! Always put yourself in the situation first before you speak. You wouldnt like it to much if people said that about you!

Since: Jan 13

Sri Lanka

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Destiny wrote:
For anyone that has rude or any kind of comments other then nice...should be punched! How would you feel if this was you?! Always put yourself in the situation first before you speak. You wouldnt like it to much if people said that about you!
hi
Jackie

New Castle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Destiny wrote:
I'm not a drunk, never be me. Tell us where you live and well see who you can try to punch? I suspect your a coward who made up the name, probably not even female. Supporting drunk drivers is your problem. If you have to put yourself in. The drunk drivers shoes? I'm glad he's caught and he deserves all that happens to him! You missed all the others users upset about the drunk driver.
New and positive

New Castle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Jemzeeth wrote:
<quoted text>
hi
Jemzeeth
Comments: 1

Hi
Christian

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Destiny wrote:
Okay, first off...you dont know why he was laughing! So maybe you shouldnt make rude or smart comments. It was an accident!!
If it was an accident or not makes not difference, he didn't stop and that resulted in a death of someone who could have lived had he followed the law. He knew he hit something being as he lost parts of his jeep, there is no excuse.....period!
John Q

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Of course he was laughing.. I was too! It is funny.
Stupid Q

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

This guy, officer whoever he is needs to goto jail. How can you hit someone then leave. That's balls with a badge.
Diaper Co

New Castle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

New and positive wrote:
<quoted text>
Jemzeeth
Comments: 1
Hi
Destiny and this one were added by the BTR guy pretending to be a Ben. Two peons mad at a neighbor. Just a couple of upset babies.

They retort to nasty actions when they don't get their way. Ones a big bald baby. He's been on here posting crap for about three years. Ever since he moved in that tiny Sheriff sale house daddy bought.
Diaper Co

New Castle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Excellent job by police and all the witnesses. That drunk offer thinks its funny and is facing a felony charge. Destiny, the big bald man in the little house want to punch me? You can go to jail with the drunk driver. He was caught last year by Versailles police.

http://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/MDJ...

Original charges

Taking medicine for your temper? Or you want to punch someone? Sympathizing with drunk drivers knowingly hitting women? You got away on a drug charge again.
bria

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Destiny wrote:
Actually he was laughing on the news. Everyone seen it. "hey I just ran someone down and left them to die, but cool, I'm on TV" It doesn't matter if it was an accident or not. He knew and addmitted to hitting "something" and, he also admitted to being in the bar all day. All on the news, and quoted from him. The fact that he didn't stop...well, that's just murder.
Ben Dover

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

He will make a nice girlfriend for someone.
Yeah Right

New Castle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

WPXI has the affidavit:

According to the affidavit, Allegheny County police were contacted by McKeesport police after they received an anonymous tip from someone who reported a neighbor arriving home early in the morning with front-end damage to his car.
When police arrived at Tatters' home, investigators said they found damage on the right, front-end fender flare of his Jeep Cherokee.
According to the affidavit, Tatters told police "he knew they would be coming."
Tatters said he originally thought he hit a dog and then later realized it may have been a deer.
The medical examiner said he found hair samples on the car.
Tatters said he was at the Country Corral Bar from 2:30 p.m. Tuesday until 1:30 a.m. Wednesday. Tatters told police he was there because his ex-daughter-in-law was training as a new bartender. The affidavit said Tatters admitted to having three beers before driving home.

“Whether he was a steel worker, an engineer or a dentist, we’re still going to do everything as we normally do,” Schurman said.
http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/woman-kil...
Now In Jail

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Kept him in jail forever.
Let out

New Castle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Now In Jail wrote:
Kept him in jail forever.
He's out for now
Jail Time

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Let out wrote:
<quoted text>
He's out for now
Too bad!
Destiny

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Jackie wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a drunk, never be me. Tell us where you live and well see who you can try to punch? I suspect your a coward who made up the name, probably not even female. Supporting drunk drivers is your problem. If you have to put yourself in. The drunk drivers shoes? I'm glad he's caught and he deserves all that happens to him! You missed all the others users upset about the drunk driver.
Im not saying where I live! Umm google me. My name is actually destiny! Obvisially...i am a female! And I aint gna listen to your mouth and damn straight if I hear someone talking about this I will hit them! You would do the same if it was your family! Wow. Your glad hes caught?! How can you say that?! It was an accident. Im sorry your life is so sad that you have to talk shit. just bc he had 3 beers doesnt mean, he was drunk! Kk.:) bye.
Destiny

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Christian wrote:
<quoted text> If it was an accident or not makes not difference, he didn't stop and that resulted in a death of someone who could have lived had he followed the law. He knew he hit something being as he lost parts of his jeep, there is no excuse.....period!
Period?! Well, guess what your life must be pathetic that you have to come on jere and talk shit.....no offense!
Destiny

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Diaper Co wrote:
Excellent job by police and all the witnesses. That drunk offer thinks its funny and is facing a felony charge. Destiny, the big bald man in the little house want to punch me? You can go to jail with the drunk driver. He was caught last year by Versailles police.
Original charges
Taking medicine for your temper? Or you want to punch someone? Sympathizing with drunk
drivers knowingly hitting women? You got away on a drug charge again.
Look, I am not for the rude comments about this. He is my grandfather. It was an accident. Im not just saying that..but say this were you? Thought it was an animal? You lookes but didnt see anyhing?? What are you going to do?!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of60
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent McKeesport Discussions

Search the McKeesport Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 3 hr Stooge Alert 51,110
who is running this city? 9 hr Phix Inn 123
D-Day almost here for politicians and those wit... (Aug '12) 9 hr Phix Inn 566
Gas smell in McKeesport last night? 5/12 10 hr Enough Is Enough 50
Salvation Army giving slower this year (Dec '13) Fri CaCat 22
Touched by a Hobo (Nov '12) Thu White Lightning 35
Employees sue UPMC over security breach Jul 9 MAC HINE 8
•••
•••
•••
•••

McKeesport Jobs

•••