Do you think chief pero is doing a good job running the station?

Created by john_doe on Sep 17, 2009

352 votes

Click on an option to vote

YES

NO

SOME WHAT

NEEDS TO BE REMOVED

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Truth Will Set Us Free”

Since: May 08

Mckeesport

#1 Sep 18, 2009
I believe our Chief is a good man who has the respect of the men and does a good job.

We also have many other CO's and officers.

Unfortunately, we have a Mayor that knows a lot less about police work than Joe (and all the officers) but feels the need to micromanage.

A good leader, puts good people in place and lets them do the job they were trained to do, as they see fit. He should be there only to support the chief and provide course correction ONLY when it is obvious that it is needed.

If you remember, it was Chief Pero that caught the court overtime thing. It was the Mayor who mishandled the situation once it was brought to his attention. Brewster wants it swept under the carpet because it makes him and his administration look bad. Joe did his job and reported the stuff up the chain of command. It was Brewster who hung up on a reporter, not Joe.

Now, the secretive Mayor has a rule that ALL requests for ALL Councilmen to EVERY Department Head, have to go through HIS office. We are not permitted to speak directly to department heads, like Joe, and now he has even gone so far to keep them away from CITY COUNCIL MEETINGS, so we can't question them publicly.

Last time I checked, it is called a CITY COUNCIL MEETING that all department heads used to be REQUIRED (by many Mayors and Councils) to attend. Why is the Mayor keeping them sequestered from the public now? What's that all about? May they mess up and tell us and the public something inconsistent with the "message" he wants to project?

Didn't he run on "Open" government? Where is the transparency he promised?

This ain't Mayberry. Our police put their lives on the line everyday in McKeesport. Are all of our police perfect? No. But before someone criticizes them, they should put themselves in their shoes for a minute.

Paul Shelly stands by our Chief.

I am on record.

-Paul
lou

Pittsburgh, PA

#2 Sep 18, 2009
my nephew will make a great chief... good job B.J.
word

United States

#3 Sep 18, 2009
lou wrote:
my nephew will make a great chief... good job B.J.
word on the street is that da mayor haz been tryin to force joe out for over a year and put ur nephew in. i guess pero isn't enuff of a yes man to suit his tastes.
lou

Pittsburgh, PA

#4 Sep 18, 2009
my nephew is not a yes man. he is just a good man
word

United States

#5 Sep 18, 2009
ur still callin da shotz. get him in.
White Lightning

Mckeesport, PA

#6 Sep 18, 2009
Anyone that lacks the guts to stand on his own two feet & say exactly what is on his mind cannot be considered a man. One can be a puppet, a brown-noser or a 'yes-boy', but there is no such animal
as a 'yes-Man.' You either kneel & bob,or you don't.
It really is that simple.
Good Call

Pittsburgh, PA

#7 Sep 18, 2009
Sluggo wrote:
I believe our Chief is a good man who has the respect of the men and does a good job.
We also have many other CO's and officers.
Unfortunately, we have a Mayor that knows a lot less about police work than Joe (and all the officers) but feels the need to micromanage.
A good leader, puts good people in place and lets them do the job they were trained to do, as they see fit. He should be there only to support the chief and provide course correction ONLY when it is obvious that it is needed.
If you remember, it was Chief Pero that caught the court overtime thing. It was the Mayor who mishandled the situation once it was brought to his attention. Brewster wants it swept under the carpet because it makes him and his administration look bad. Joe did his job and reported the stuff up the chain of command. It was Brewster who hung up on a reporter, not Joe.
Now, the secretive Mayor has a rule that ALL requests for ALL Councilmen to EVERY Department Head, have to go through HIS office. We are not permitted to speak directly to department heads, like Joe, and now he has even gone so far to keep them away from CITY COUNCIL MEETINGS, so we can't question them publicly.
Last time I checked, it is called a CITY COUNCIL MEETING that all department heads used to be REQUIRED (by many Mayors and Councils) to attend. Why is the Mayor keeping them sequestered from the public now? What's that all about? May they mess up and tell us and the public something inconsistent with the "message" he wants to project?
Didn't he run on "Open" government? Where is the transparency he promised?
This ain't Mayberry. Our police put their lives on the line everyday in McKeesport. Are all of our police perfect? No. But before someone criticizes them, they should put themselves in their shoes for a minute.
Paul Shelly stands by our Chief.
I am on record.
-Paul
Chief Pero is not the problem, he is part of the solution.

“Truth Will Set Us Free”

Mckeesport

#8 Sep 19, 2009
I am glad to see the voters are showing Joe the respect he has earned.

Paul
White Lightning

Mckeesport, PA

#9 Sep 19, 2009
True, he does a great job & would be even better
if not shackled by some that need to feel all-important. Micro-managing is not the way to run a
business or a city. If you have good people let them work. That's the problem with 'machine gov't.', they are fearful allowing someone out of the loop to be successful & perhaps gain a following. It steals their thunder & exposes their
many failings.
citizen

Pittsburgh, PA

#10 Sep 19, 2009
White Lightning wrote:
Anyone that lacks the guts to stand on his own two feet & say exactly what is on his mind cannot be considered a man. One can be a puppet, a brown-noser or a 'yes-boy', but there is no such animal
as a 'yes-Man.' You either kneel & bob,or you don't.
It really is that simple.
let me guess, you do both you bob while you are kneeling
White Lightning

Mckeesport, PA

#11 Sep 19, 2009
Never happen sweetie, I have a real job & work for
a living. Don't need to be subserviant as those that
get their job thru politics & nepotism because they have no life skills. I made the statement & you post it back. How about having an original thought
instead of being a copy-cat. Or are you one of those that dust 'under' the desks & have others tell
you what to think.
citizen

Pittsburgh, PA

#12 Sep 19, 2009
wow. where should i start. ill just start right here...i spend more than you make..and that is a fact... and i dont care where you work or what you do.....trust me my position is much higher than yours..maybe one day i might let you work for me or maybe you already do...better make sure that you know who you are talking to before you start writing alligator checks that your tadpole ass cant cash.....you started with your dumb ass remark...i will gladly finish............
White Lightning

Mckeesport, PA

#13 Sep 19, 2009
Wow, I'm damned near impressed tuff guy. Highly unlikely I'll ever need you or a job from you.
Nor am I in the least concerned with your piddly
alligator-tadpole references. You are just proof
that money does not necesarily equate to having the
least bit of class. And as far as that,'you don't know who you're talking to' crap. Who cares, screw
your position, you & anybody that looks like you. You prove what you are by 'trolling' on here, having nothing to add, only attacking what others post.So why don't you spend some of your fortunes & find yourself a hobby, alligator man.
White Lightning

Mckeesport, PA

#14 Sep 19, 2009
Sorry about the off-topic discussion. Obviously
some people can't stand to see positive comments posted here. Or perhaps anything good to say about
the good job being done by our Chief. He's been doing a good job with the hurdles that are placed before him & he did do the right thing by reporting
the 'overtime issue'.

“Truth Will Set Us Free”

Mckeesport

#15 Sep 19, 2009
White Lightning wrote:
Sorry about the off-topic discussion. Obviously
some people can't stand to see positive comments posted here. Or perhaps anything good to say about
the good job being done by our Chief. He's been doing a good job with the hurdles that are placed before him & he did do the right thing by reporting
the 'overtime issue'.
W.L.,

Don't fret. The self flatterer you just dismantled got exactly what he deserved. He is just another example of the political elite that has run this town into the ground and instead of being sorry, is arrogant about his status. Him and his kind will be dealt with soon at the polls. Every dog has his day.

Thanks for keepin it real while I was out. I'm off to the POW/MIA Vigil where me and my little one's will honor those who have deserved our respect, as opposed to wasting my breath on those like the "citizen" who demand respect and have earned none.

Peace.

Paul
White Lightning

Mckeesport, PA

#16 Sep 19, 2009
Don't fret.
==========
That's unlikely, sir. I've been dealing with these wienies a long time. They are so full of themselves,
they actually believe,'everyone wants to be me.'
They assume far too much. I'm off to the mountains
of Somerset till tomorrow, got a little place in the slum area near Seven Springs. Can't afford a tent & my poor wife will be washing clothes by beating them on the rocks in Laurel Creek. Perhaps when I return, I'll need to ask Mr. Wonderful to grant me an audience so I can plead for some assistance. Hee Hee, ain't he a fu@k!n laugh & a half. Be well ya'll.
Eddie

Pittsburgh, PA

#18 Sep 20, 2009
Thank You, took the words out of my mouth. Joe's a great guy, and up against some pretty tough odds with all of the idiots and scumbags in the city.

As always, the problem is the trashy thugs. Have some common sense here. Would it be the chief's fault or an officer's fault for someone shooting someone else over drugs, or anything else? Why is it, when some deserving drug dealer gets whacked here in McKeesport (or elsewhere)that these scumbags come out of the woodwork and say, "another shooting in McKeesport"? Remember one thing, it's not the city that's bad... It's some of the people in it. This city gets a very bad image because of some scumbags and gangster (not gangsta) wannabes. Boot 'em out, then we'll be ok.

- Eddie
Good Call wrote:
<quoted text> Chief Pero is not the problem, he is part of the solution.

Since: Sep 09

Mckeesport, PA

#19 Sep 20, 2009
i know a kid joe had the judge send to the county for 5 days on 100,000 bail for harassment because his daughter was friends with the person he supposedly harassed later charges dropped because lawyer proved it was false 100,000 stright for harassment never heard that before..then later on that same kid joe got sent to the county got STABBED a couple times by the person he supposedly harassed boyfriend the guy turns himself in for the stabbing and walks out the station with no handcuffs no nothing...so in mckeesport you can stab someone leave on o.r but get thrown in jail for supposedly harassment 100,000 stright bail so sluggo you tell me once again why joe is a good man. Joe put that kid in jail and let the kid that stabbed him go not the mayor

Since: Sep 09

Mckeesport, PA

#20 Sep 20, 2009
wow turned in overtime ..HELLO THE MOST UNSOLVED MURDERS and yinz wana talk about overtime
ralph

Nashville, TN

#21 Sep 20, 2009
Its all politics. Everybody knows that P.D is a mess. Just anyother way to bash the mayor

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Circling The Wagons on Collins Street 2 hr Nice 51
Poll Lake Emilie ready for trout season, what else c... 3 hr Vote Donato 9
Vote Fawn Out 4 hr Fraud Walker 96
News AG: 16 charged in connection with alleged illeg... (Sep '13) 5 hr good god 897
News Mother arrested after Crawford Village beating ... 5 hr embarassed 29
Entire narcotics unit in McKeesport named in pa... (Apr '12) 5 hr Cover Ups Not Per... 185
News Cellphone video shows mother, daughters beating... 6 hr Hobo Jim 12
More from around the web

McKeesport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]