United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2011

Judged:

What is the connection between Segina and Joe Biggs, trash hauler? Everyone is alluding to some connection with the garbage contracts and Segina wanting Biggs back or promising to bring him back. Has he made donations to Segina's campaign?
Way it is

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2011

Judged:

Mr Haney wrote:
What is the connection between Segina and Joe Biggs, trash hauler? Everyone is alluding to some connection with the garbage contracts and Segina wanting Biggs back or promising to bring him back. Has he made donations to Segina's campaign?
Lame try by the JB driven Cherepko dynasty. JB controlls Council and will pick the trash collector.

JB, the public works director, and Council major are not even interested in investigating their current trash carrier. Even if Segina was mayor he could do nothing about it. Nickolich is the vendor by JB directive.
Agree

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2011

Judged:

Another phantom issue from team Brewster/Cherepko. Segina ran a great full page add today and sent them scrambling for mud to sling. Upon reading about his experiences and ideas, it is easy to see why they are worried. He would make a much 5476better Mayor than Cherepko.
McKeesport Voter

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2011

Agree wrote:
Another phantom issue from team Brewster/Cherepko. Segina ran a great full page add today and sent them scrambling for mud to sling. Upon reading about his experiences and ideas, it is easy to see why they are worried. He would make a much 5476better Mayor than Cherepko.
I missed the add - is it in the Dailey News? Does it address the allegations made against Segina by the garbage contractor in the letter sent to City Hall today?
Agree

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2011

Judged:

The ad was in the Daily News. I know nothing about any letter sent to city hall. Only an insider, a candidate or another person in bed with the existing vendor would.
rfg may 17

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2011

Judged:

McKeesport Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
I missed the add - is it in the Dailey News? Does it address the allegations made against Segina by the garbage contractor in the letter sent to City Hall today?
This is news to me. What letter was this, different from the last one? I did hear that some people are complaining becasue Segina is using the senior center as his headquarters and meeting palce. Some were talking about asking him to remove his politics from the center because it's just not right, if not illegal. Anyone hear about this today? I won't be voting for Segina or McLaughlin both had more than enough years to do something, where were they then? Please don't tell me they were afraid of JB that only firms my opinion that they were spineless then and are spineless now.
Undecided

North Versailles, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2011

Judged:

rfg may 17 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is news to me. What letter was this, different from the last one? I did hear that some people are complaining becasue Segina is using the senior center as his headquarters and meeting palce. Some were talking about asking him to remove his politics from the center because it's just not right, if not illegal. Anyone hear about this today? I won't be voting for Segina or McLaughlin both had more than enough years to do something, where were they then? Please don't tell me they were afraid of JB that only firms my opinion that they were spineless then and are spineless now.
So who are you voting for and why?
Real Undecided

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2011

Judged:

rfg may 17 wrote:
<quoted text>
This logic would lead me to believe that you will be voting for Spando or Tedesco, since the other 3 (according to you) have sat by and done nothing but say yes to the Mayor for the last 8 years!
Double Talk Darryl

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Judged:

Here goes old doubletalk again. On the same ad he touts his involvement with all these boards as his qualifications for mayor. BUT also says elected officials shouldn't be on boards? Which is it Segina?
Get it Right

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Judged:

Double Talk Darryl wrote:
Here goes old doubletalk again. On the same ad he touts his involvement with all these boards as his qualifications for mayor. BUT also says elected officials shouldn't be on boards? Which is it Segina?
He was not an elected official when he served on these boards and never appointed himself to any board like JB.
Dont Get Twisted

North Versailles, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Judged:

Double Talk Darryl wrote:
Segina serves on McKeesport Development CORPORATION which is not an authority. He is the Council Rep to Blueprint which by its bylaws, requires such a member. This is not an authority either. The Authorities in town are Sewage, Housing, and Redevelopment.
Troublemaker

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Judged:

Dont Get Twisted wrote:
<quoted text>
Segina serves on McKeesport Development CORPORATION which is not an authority. He is the Council Rep to Blueprint which by its bylaws, requires such a member. This is not an authority either. The Authorities in town are Sewage, Housing, and Redevelopment.
The Development CORPORATION is a profit operation that the Fifth Beatle cooked up to bring in money that the city wouldn't qualify for otherwise. Not exactly a stand-alone, independent body. Blueprint didn't show up one day and set up shop. It was another enterprise that the city wanted to have in town. It also gets money through the city that the city would not otherwise receive.

ANY TIME you have a council person sitting on one of these "boards", there's money involved that comes through the city for disbursement, and oversight.

So thank you so very much for pointing out that Segina is only referring to three Authorities by true definition only. I only want to vote for someone who doesn't need to have a buddy sitting on a broom closet board only because the city then gets to decide how to spend the money.
I Love Double Features

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Judged:

Can we solve the current mysterious trash matter before we start the second feature?
insider Exposed

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2011

Judged:

Agree wrote:
The ad was in the Daily News. I know nothing about any letter sent to city hall. Only an insider, a candidate or another person in bed with the existing vendor would.
He got you on that one!
x-city worker

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2011

Judged:

Agree wrote:
I don't think the Cherpko team cares about Segina.Segina has a lot of bull in that add. Council 9yrs what experience,he couldn't do public works, knows nothing about a budget,can't read a budget.Look at the mess IV was in as he was co-chair,no count abilty.Taking kick backs for booths,not counting the money before taking it to the bank.Segina needs to get out now before they bring up all the bad trash on him

“Truth Will Set Us Free”

Since: May 08

Mckeesport

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2011

Judged:

x-city worker wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think the Cherpko team cares about Segina.Segina has a lot of bull in that add. Council 9yrs what experience,he couldn't do public works, knows nothing about a budget,can't read a budget.Look at the mess IV was in as he was co-chair,no count abilty.Taking kick backs for booths,not counting the money before taking it to the bank.Segina needs to get out now before they bring up all the bad trash on him
I'm not supporting Darryl, nor am I working against him, but that is one of the dumbest and most vindictive posts I have read.

Let me give you my honest opinion as someone who sat on Council with Darryl and saw him in action.

1) He impressed me with his knowledge of public works. He knew what had been done historically and what worked and what didn't. He often made suggestions to the Public Works Director that had value.

2) He read and understood the budget better than anyone (myself included) on Council. He was the the one who often pointed out his concerns and most of the budget shortcomings.

3) The one area I agree with you is on International Village Accountability. It is something that is still badly needed that can be accomplished so easily by just selling tickets that can be balanced against receipts. Unlike you, i don't blame Darryl solely. The Mayor could have called for greater accountability as could have any seated Council member. The Controller was the only one to push for such a thing and though he had my support, he had not the votes to bring about positive change.

4) Taking kick backs for booths? I have no knowledge if that is true or untrue. What I do know is that YOU better have damn clear proof of that to make such an accusation or risk being sued for libel. If you do know that for sure, how do you know and why didn't you take action before?

Folks, I have been reading this board for the past week with great interest. There have been some legitimate and informative statements made but for the most part, I have read a lot of mean spirited and disingenuos comments. It is unfortunate that some have chosen to degrade this race to what it has become. It is up to you and the rest of the voters to sift between the facts and the fiction being posted here.

My only goal is to defend any candidate when I know that outright lies are printed about them. It is my opinion that an educated electorate will make a better decision.

As I have said in the past, I am not supporting any single candidates. I just know that we can't afford more of the same and these scurrilous attacks are certainly more of the same.

“Truth Will Set Us Free”

Mckeesport

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2011

Judged:

Reprinted From Today's Daily News Online. Draw you own conclusions. Just the facts as they were reported:
"We`re picking up the garbage," Nicholas Nickolich of Nickolich Sanitation said Monday. "We`re doing what we`re supposed to be doing."
The Clairton-based contractor acknowledged there was more garbage collected than when Allied Waste had the contract. He plans to make his case with an attorney beside him Wednesday.
Allied picked up 10,649 tons in the final year of its contract, while Nickolich Sanitation hauled 12,120 in 2009 and 12,669 in 2010. The city anticipated an annual volume of 11,500 tons when it put out a request for proposals in 2008.
Last month council approved Councilman Darryl Segina`s request for a probe.
"What council did was establish an investigative inquiry commission to take a look at our sanitary contract and see why we have such a large amount of trash tonnage, over the last three years when Allied Waste had it," Segina said.
Nickolich`s crews wondered the same thing.
"My guys were calling and telling me,‘We have all this garbage to pick up,`" Nickolich said. "‘We`re not going to get done.`"
Nickolich was low bidder at $78.86 a ton in 2009,$81.55 in 2010 and $83.58 this year. Big`s of Rostraver Township bid $106.78,$110.10 and $114.51, respectively. Allied`s bid was $114,$118.10 and $123, respectively, and Waste Management bid $118.34,$124.26 and $130.47.
Based on the 11,500-ton figure, in three years Nickolich would net $2.8 million, Big`s $3.8 million, Allied $4.1 million and Waste Management $4.3 million.
Nickolich collected just over $1 million last year, while Big`s would have netted just under $1.4 million.
Nickolich suggested people were taking advantage of the change in haulers. He also disputed a suggestion that he might be carrying garbage from other towns alongside city trash.
"You`re not allowed to do that," said Nickolich, who also services Glassport, Port Vue, Elizabeth, Elizabeth Township, West Elizabeth, New Eagle, Pitcairn, Lincoln and Versailles.
The trash debate began when council had proposals to extend the Nickolich contract — first for three years, then through 2012.
Allied and Waste Management officials urged a reopening of the contract, as did a speaker who said he was from Haler Heights. Council president Michael Cherepko later said that speaker gave a false name and address.
A resolution reportedly was considered for Wednesday to hire an outside firm for an investigation.
"(City administrator) Dennis Pittman attempted to put it on the agenda," Segina said. "Michael Cherepko said he did not want that."
"There isn`t going to be a resolution," Cherepko said. "I don`t know if anyone was introducing a resolution."
City controller Raymond Malinchak said "suspicious incidents ... amplified" his interest, including a series of anonymous letters in the past two months.
"If Councilman Segina or Mayor (Regis T.) McLaughlin or council is reluctant or neglects to procure the services of an experienced and qualified investigative audit firm, the controller will promptly proceed independently," Malinchak wrote in an April 13 letter to city officials also released to The Daily News.
"I`m not against the investigation but I don`t think we have the money to pay for an investigation," McLaughlin said. "Where are we going to get the money to pay for the investigation?"
The issue is front burner two weeks before a May 17 Democratic mayoral primary involving Segina, Cherepko, McLaughlin, Councilman Alfred J. Tedesco Jr. and former McKeesport Area school board president Lori Spando. The city`s continued lack of its own attorney also is a concern, but no action is expected there.
\
Nerd Site Monitor

South Park, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2011

Judged:

Sluggo wrote:
Reprinted From Today's Daily News Online. Draw you own conclusions. Just the facts as they were reported:

Screw your facts you losers. I am Sluggo and my opinion is like a fact...word to your mother. If you want to read the Daily News go buy a copy you losers.

\
I think you mistakenly posted on Topix. Recheck your link...your should be posting on your Nerd site with all of your buddies.

“Truth Will Set Us Free”

Mckeesport

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2011

Judged:

I forgot that this forum belonged to you and you alone as evidenced by your 100 posts a day. A thousand pardons woolly troll.
Sluggster Supporter

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2011

Judged:

Sluggo wrote:
I forgot that this forum belonged to you and you alone as evidenced by your 100 posts a day. A thousand pardons woolly troll.
Good retort!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of46
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the McKeesport Forum right now

Search the McKeesport Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
who is running this city? 1 hr New Reader 122
Touched by a Hobo (Nov '12) 2 hr White Lightning 35
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 2 hr Usedtowearblue 51,106
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 3 hr Obama Wrong on Illegals 3,745
D-Day almost here for politicians and those wit... (Aug '12) 9 hr Mike Ference 563
Employees sue UPMC over security breach Wed MAC HINE 8
What really goes on at MASD? (Jul '11) Wed MAC HINE 327
•••
•••
•••
•••

McKeesport Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

McKeesport People Search