McKeesport officials can't agree how to proceed with $14 million in city coffers

Dec 7, 2011 Full story: PittsburghLive.com 121

Jennifer R. Vertullo is a McKeesport Daily News staff writer and can be reached at 412-664-9161 x1956 or via e-mail. As McKeesport council prepares to adopt the city's 2012 spending plan, officials still disagree on how to proceed with a $14 million sum intended to support future budgets.

Full Story
ex council member

West Mifflin, PA

#110 Nov 8, 2013
Now you see it wrote:
<quoted text>
All that will break McKeesport is about to occur. Lawsuits will ultimately finish McKeesport off as Elash charges the city $75 a hour. His pay is all the $900,000 will be used for, and to make some settlements. McKeesport is due lawsuits for its illegal police actions, controlled by Elash.
Emergencies can start of finish McKeesport.
You have a fetish about the solicitor ? I cant understand that. He the only one in the whole town that has a ( not so proud of ) past? Think again..... and this guy is voted in by your council.......no one else.....he's not elected by the people or the mayor ,if you have a problem with him pin it on council who can fire or hire a solicitor at any time..........2 DUI's ....really? that all you got? what he owes the IRS doesnt affect the tax payers does it? Sounds like YOU just like to beat an old drum to death.....there are bigger problems in McKeesport....trust me........do you know of any alcholics, or elected officials on drugs on the school board? How about council? you dont? well you should start researching court dockets of pass and present elected officials in that town ( 99% were expunged years ago ) that got tagged several times for DUI, harassment, misdemeanors, drugs, etc, but you're are so possessed with the solicitor??

God man , you wanna sleep with the guy or what?

The solicitor is not the only tree in the city to bark up.

For someone who claims to know something you have no clue what goes on behind the scenes ,do you?

Let's see .....2 dui's owes the irs 100K ( give or take ),,,,,,,
FIRE HIM !

Two elected officials indicted and still on the job (AMAZING )!!! NO chatter on topix about that recently..........hmmmmmmmmmmm m?

Man you need a hobby..........seriously!
You have no clue..........

Now back to the solicitors 2 DUI's ,IRS owed is 100K and the mayor controls the whole town and tells everyone how to vote, how to spend money and who can and cant attend monthly meetings

* rolls eyes *

SMH!
Troublemaker

Pittsburgh, PA

#111 Nov 8, 2013
ex council member wrote:
<quoted text>You have a fetish about the solicitor ? I cant understand that. He the only one in the whole town that has a ( not so proud of ) past? Think again..... and this guy is voted in by your council.......no one else.....he's not elected by the people or the mayor ,if you have a problem with him pin it on council who can fire or hire a solicitor at any time..........2 DUI's ....really? that all you got? what he owes the IRS doesnt affect the tax payers does it? Sounds like YOU just like to beat an old drum to death.....there are bigger problems in McKeesport....trust me........do you know of any alcholics, or elected officials on drugs on the school board? How about council? you dont? well you should start researching court dockets of pass and present elected officials in that town ( 99% were expunged years ago ) that got tagged several times for DUI, harassment, misdemeanors, drugs, etc, but you're are so possessed with the solicitor??
God man , you wanna sleep with the guy or what?
The solicitor is not the only tree in the city to bark up.
For someone who claims to know something you have no clue what goes on behind the scenes ,do you?
Let's see .....2 dui's owes the irs 100K ( give or take ),,,,,,,
FIRE HIM !
Two elected officials indicted and still on the job (AMAZING )!!! NO chatter on topix about that recently..........hmmmmmmmmmmm m?
Man you need a hobby..........seriously!
You have no clue..........
Now back to the solicitors 2 DUI's ,IRS owed is 100K and the mayor controls the whole town and tells everyone how to vote, how to spend money and who can and cant attend monthly meetings
* rolls eyes *
SMH!
So what kind of truth, justice, and American way were YOU demonstrating on council? hmmmmm?

Doing the Lone Wolf dissent voting? hmmmmm?

Speaking out against The Machine?

Last question - drum roll please - if you were such a beacon of public service why the F--- aren't you still on council?
ex councilman

West Mifflin, PA

#112 Nov 8, 2013
Troublemaker wrote:
<quoted text>
So what kind of truth, justice, and American way were YOU demonstrating on council? hmmmmm?
Last question - drum roll please - if you were such a beacon of public service why the F--- aren't you still on council?
I did my time and bowed out graciously , i knew what was coming......and I was right.....I was a watch dog like Segina ,he's beating his head against the wall.....but kudos to him for speaking up for the tax payers that dont attend meetings.
back this guy up get people to rally around him at meetings....

Mckeesport is like the Titanic that just set sail..........you know whats coming dont ya?
ex councilman

West Mifflin, PA

#113 Nov 8, 2013
Troublemaker wrote:
<quoted text>
The machine will go down like a cheap prostitute next year...trust me.
Lol

Sharon, PA

#114 Nov 8, 2013
McKeesport solicitor faces DUI charges
02/14/2012 7:23 AM
Topix (Article and Discussion)
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/mckeesport-pa...

His owing the IRS is testimony to his character:
Ex-McKeesport solicitor confirms he faces federal liens | TribLIVE
Mar 4, 2011 - Ex-McKeesport solicitor confirms he faces federal liens ... argued about it for quite a few years,Ē Elash said Wednesday, two days after the IRS ...
http://triblive.com/x/dailynewsmckeesport/s_7...

IRS Files Liens On Jason Elash for Over $100,000 - Topix
Mar 3, 2011 - 20 posts - &#8206;5 authors
On top of the multiple school and county tax liens Elash has against him, the IRS has recently filed 2 more. Check the public records online:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/mckeesport-pa...

-
McKeesport Solicitor J. Jason Elash Faces DUI Trial
May 1, 2012 - McKeesport Solicitor J. Jason Elash Faces DUI Trial ... BAC (0.16 or higher) first time DUI offense, he faces some pretty severe penalties.
http://philadelphiaduiattorneyblog.com/2012/0...

McKeesport solicitor pleads guilty to DUI | Pennsylvania
by Gary Gerson - in 897 Google+ circles
Mar 14, 2013 - The 41-year-old city employee was charged with DUI in January of last year...The McKeesport solicitor also faces a $750 fine and loss of his ...
http://www.pittsburghcriminaldefenseattorneyb...

Segina Urges End to Speculation Over Elash - McKeesport News ...
Mar 8, 2012 - McKeesport's solicitor will "have to face the music" at a preliminary hearing over a drunken driving charge, City Council President Darryl Segina said Wednesday ... 10 with driving under the influence of alcohol or controlled
http://www.tubecityonline.com/almanac/entry_1...
Lol

Sharon, PA

#115 Nov 8, 2013
The last ex councilman we knew was Paul Shelly, whom constantly was on Topix. Paul did get into trouble with a online threat on Topix, Elash then submitted the threat to the McKeesport police chief.

If you Paul Shelly and think all these city hall employees are your friend as usual, think again.

McKeesport residents recall Elash wanting you to lose your job, Elash and Brewster allowed the false charges by Edward Batista to destroy Paul. It worked, Elash has his online Topix presence known by the McKeesport police chief concerns he made on a call.

I think Paul's largest mistake was he thought all if the city employees were his friend. Later he said he wasn't finished yet, but failed to stand up for himself against his opposition, such as Elash.

Paul usually said the same thing as other citizens, but wanted to say it louder and set the others down. Somehow, if Paul said it, it counted but if it was repeated by someone else, Paul took credit.
-
Ex-councilman just said McKeesport is in for it, but yet he is fighting on behalf of Elash against another whom said that first before ex-councilman. Paul Shelly, your other problem was you missed too many council meetings, excuses or none. You cannot represent McKeesport as a mayor and expect to get anything done by a tardy reputation. When is the next bid for mayor?

The response ex-councilman responded to (now you see it) seems to be personal, but didn't now you see it message in, McKeesport is finished? I think ex councilman wants credit over just a simple agreement.

Elash was stated as controlling the police into false actions, bringing on McKeesport lawsuits. Settlements by McKeesport to anyone aren't usually published, but several are recorded online. McKeesport will be finished, now you see it added. Ex councilman, you asked if all they had against Elash 2 DUI counts, apparently Elash is involved with hiding secrets of illegal activity by McKeesport now you see it claims.

Now you see it also said for everyone to rally behind Daryl Segina, but you just repeated that. Your only a critic to now you see it, then posting copied statements that now you see it agrees with. Seems like you want to help Elash, which Segina is upset with but then support Segina.

I think your priorities are confused ex councilman, your supporting two opponents. But, Elash is well known to frequent Topix like Paul Shelly.

I think a mayoral race is upcoming. You going to raise 100+ polls including Paul Shelly as winner too as before?

I think Paul does have mental issues, as Elash.

I say Segina has plenty of support, do you say it best or somehow better ex councilman?

I think Paul was rather over involved with the African American tenant of the Edward Batista apartment. Paul does get heated, but was never known for having a gun. I'd never vote for Paul Shelly, he's too emotionally mixed and confused on most issues. The last thing McKeesport needs is a schizophrenia troubled ex councilman coming back full of irresponsibility excuses for a job poorly done. Last I knew Paul Shelly proclaimed himself as mayor on Topix by voting for himself numerous times, because he lost the position in McKeesport. He won by a large margin on Topix.

Can you say the same thing better than me ex councilman? Hey Paul, are you still remodeling the house with the mess in the yard by Shaw?
Lol

Sharon, PA

#116 Nov 8, 2013
Not only wrote:
McKeesport police, UPMC reach new pact
Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 4:51 a.m.
Council on Monday authorized city administrators to execute a five-year agreement with UPMC McKeesport at an annual rate of $425,000 with 3 percent increases over a minimum of three years. McKeesport police would be on-site 24 hours a day, seven days per week.
http://triblive.com/neighborhoods/yourmckeesp...
-
Where did the money go? McKeesport pockets of Cherepko and John Jason Elash.
Has retirement age been lowered or not?
McKeesport is pinpointed for this type of contract 1. McKeesport is in serious financial trouble, see the articles about the Delta Report. That's how the idea started up for the McKeesport contract with UPMC. Not to help, but for McKeesport political pundits to pocket extra money.$425,000
2. McKeesport has a high rate of crime in the area of UPMC McKeesport. McKeesport has numerous gun shootings every year. UPMC McKeesport is where they all go to get treated: victims, criminals, other times the McKeesport police harass victims that need hospital services.(The problem is, the McKeesport police are allowed to poke into any emergency patients business with full authority at UPMC McKeesport. McKeesport police are known for crimes and toying into patient confidentiality, against the law.
3. UPMC McKeesport is the only area (Mon Valley in Allegheny County) with several serious crimes of patients attacking hospital employees! UPMC McKeesport probably is sued currently for not monitoring known criminals. Patients have been attacked by other patients in UPMC McKeesport. It's been a poorly run hospital in McKeesport.
4. Both patients and staff are at risk, but I don't think McKeesport police care or are trained to retain hospital safety.(I think they more likely want to stay in everyone's normally legally private patient, doctor confidentiality.)
Yes, the mayor bought off council, all except Segina. Brewster hired Elash, and Cherepko. Council doesn't have the authority and yea the mayor is responsible for the entire ship, he's the captain.

The mayor is responsible first and foremost, currently its Cherepko. McKeesport is in deep trouble. Regardless of whom is to blame on a seller are basis, the mayor runs McKeesport. Voting is flawed by voter count, and even as elected council members - Incentives were given by Chereko as a after effect to win votes.

For example, Tedesco removed himself because of the mayor offering him a new job. Votes lost. Then, he made special private meetings on call and at disposal to Pre plan voting agreemeng with council members selectively. Under the table, most dealings go undetected. The tactics were passed on to Cherepko by James Brewster. Brewster hired Elash years ago, not council. Cherepko as mayor retained Elash, even though Regis had a seperate attorney.

Elash and Cherepko will pocket the surplus $900,000. McKeesport is done.
Lol

Sharon, PA

#117 Nov 8, 2013
In the above Brewster hired Elash, and Cherepko was endorsed by Brewster. Cherepko kept Elash and has all firing and hiring on his side.

Paul your not going to get involved online with a million heated messages are you? Whose life will you get into next, that was the city hall criticism about you by Daryl Segina. As long as you support Segina ex councilman, you were quite flat on telling anything to city hall staff! Coward in my opinion. Paul is a man of many promises but the results are numerous missed council meetings, matched by zero effectiveness. He simply cannot do anything for McKeesport, he's too messy which is a indicator results. That house on Shaw is full of debris and is very rundown.

You simply cannot trust Paul Shelly, he'll be on Topix masquerading but never his Russian self.
Troublemaker

Pittsburgh, PA

#118 Nov 9, 2013
ex councilman wrote:
<quoted text>I did my time and bowed out graciously , i knew what was coming......and I was right.....I was a watch dog like Segina ,he's beating his head against the wall.....but kudos to him for speaking up for the tax payers that dont attend meetings.
Mckeesport is like the Titanic that just set sail..........you know whats coming dont ya?
Segina is effing pissed off royal that he was thrown under the bus. The only difference between him and Rege is that Rege is MIA and Segina is still on council.

Did you see The Snooze yesterday? I know of at least one potential business that is waiting for the Enterprise Zone money. Segina is just plain spiteful. Fifth Beatle set up the MDC decades ago and is still trying to hang onto it through Segina. Segina defending the admin costs because there's no money!?! Why wasn't most of the "staff" laid off? They're coming in everyday doing...what?

And don't compare your self-righteousness to the Titanic. The poor guys who tried to SAVE the ship went down with her.
Here

Sharon, PA

#119 Nov 10, 2013
McKeesport must tap reserve fund to pay bills.

It's over!
Here

Sharon, PA

#120 Nov 10, 2013
Troublemaker wrote:
<quoted text>
Segina is effing pissed off royal that he was thrown under the bus. The only difference between him and Rege is that Rege is MIA and Segina is still on council.
Did you see The Snooze yesterday? I know of at least one potential business that is waiting for the Enterprise Zone money. Segina is just plain spiteful. Fifth Beatle set up the MDC decades ago and is still trying to hang onto it through Segina. Segina defending the admin costs because there's no money!?! Why wasn't most of the "staff" laid off? They're coming in everyday doing...what?
And don't compare your self-righteousness to the Titanic. The poor guys who tried to SAVE the ship went down with her.
Another excellent sobering point. The captain refused to save himself, and went down with the Titanic! McKeesport is more like a crap (might float to some pundits on here) but gets flushed and deteriorates eventually. It's more like the talking one on the cartoon Southpark.

A McKeesport council meeting redo Southpark cartoon style would seem quite truthful.

Any kind of high pride usually will indicate trouble, not one McKeesport politician can take credit for anything minus government money!
Calling All Roo Hoos

Mckeesport, PA

#121 Nov 10, 2013
Pass the word. Justice League meeting on Collins. Nudge. Nudge. Pinch. Pinch. Say no more.
luke

West Mifflin, PA

#122 Nov 10, 2013
why arent the council meetings being overflowed with angry citizens. It is that a few on here havent the balls to show up to save their town?
Does mckeesport have no one intelligent enough to ask questions ,to save their town,to find out where the money went.
Do you need outsiders to bring things to a head.

where is the calvary?

Who will step up to the plate and say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH ?

It should be tax payers angry enough to make a difference, doesnt anyone care?

anyone?

anyone at all?
Troublemaker

Pittsburgh, PA

#125 Nov 11, 2013
luke wrote:
why arent the council meetings being overflowed with angry citizens. It is that a few on here havent the balls to show up to save their town?
Does mckeesport have no one intelligent enough to ask questions ,to save their town,to find out where the money went.
Do you need outsiders to bring things to a head.
where is the calvary?
Who will step up to the plate and say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH ?
It should be tax payers angry enough to make a difference, doesnt anyone care?
anyone?
anyone at all?
When was the last time YOU were at a council meeting?

Does council know who you are?

Have you ever publicly spoke out against some crap that council was trying to pull off?

Did they retaliate against you?

If you can answer "yes" to the last three questions, then you wouldn't need to ask those questions in your post.

I guess we have to permanently pin at the top all the previous posts that talk about retaliation for going up against City Hall. And why we post anonymously.
Game Again

Sharon, PA

#126 Nov 11, 2013
John Jason Elash is the only one whom can say no to all three. He is the law department head and can make up a reason for police to harass any of the attendees.

He will cloud Topix as much as possible and is a known spam baiter. He wants to see for certain the targets he wants to retaliate against. Everyone knows the senator, solicitor, rep. Gergely and Porky are all chummy.

They will protect the criminals of organized illegal gambling. Everyone knows attendees cannot get results by going to council meetings. It's like going up to a criminal and complaining about criminals. Right John Elash?

The council members are voted, but are bought off with incentives by mayor Mike. Any dissenters like Daryl Segina are retaliated against. The other problem is in the voting, too few are interested to represent a failing city, McKeesport. The other problem is voters are low in turnout, because most residents list interest, knowing the few on the ballot are useless. Write-in names aren't effective because a large amount of voters would have to write in the same name. Lastly, the candidates on the ballot have zero courage and the corruption is too entrenched in McKeesport politics for change.

McKeesport is failing, with many years of greed with government handouts diminished has run the course. The politicians in McKeesport are desperate enough to bully longtime MDC chair Daryl Segina.

John Elash is out of a job when the state takes over.
penn dot

West Mifflin, PA

#127 Nov 11, 2013
Troublemaker wrote:
<quoted text>
When was the last time YOU were at a council meeting?
Does council know who you are?
Have you ever publicly spoke out against some crap that council was trying to pull off?
Did they retaliate against you?
If you can answer "yes" to the last three questions, then you wouldn't need to ask those questions in your post.
I guess we have to permanently pin at the top all the previous posts that talk about retaliation for going up against City Hall. And why we post anonymously.
typical coward response to my question with your question. You cant spin it fast enough why YOU dont attend meetings. So why ? This is why McKeeport is the shape it's in. No one seems to care anymore. The days of if I attend meetings and ask questions they will burn my house down is pruely a scare tactic created by ones' fears.

i simple am saying people need to ban together and save their town, i personally have no interest in the town,i'm trying to save the city which is too late at this stage. Posting on Topix means nothing,but continue if you wish.

bring up dui's, gambling, delta report,sex scandals, etc means nothing in here. it gets old ,very old, it's like going back in time to save jesus from being nailed to cross.......it's too late!

but carry on and post day after day which will accomplish nothing......just attend a meeting and speak up for your town, while you still have it... you dont want the state to run it, trust me..........
McKeesport is broke

Mckeesport, PA

#130 Nov 17, 2013
Blago Got 14 Years wrote:
<quoted text>
Pittman is retiring vice of firing? WOW!
What a witness or source of information when this illegal fiasco is escalated to the authorities. Mike be smart and beg him to stay or you and others may pay dearly! For preservation of the machine and others, make peace and pay him what it takes to drop his opera lessons. Former Gov. Blago got 14 years.
They (machine puppets) will try to demean and blame Pittman and Malinchek.
Remember that Malinchek tried to establish what the interest rate would be on the escrowed $19 million; Cherepko had MPDís finest remove him from councilís meeting.
This one will tough for Mike to explain to the authorities. Seems like the controller figured out the scheme and Mike silenced him with ejection from the meeting.
McKeesport is running out of money. He can insert a fact if he wants. All the McKeesport jobs are paid for through government money.
Pay Attention

Pittsburgh, PA

#131 Nov 17, 2013
ex councilman wrote:
<quoted text>I did my time and bowed out graciously , i knew what was coming......and I was right.....I was a watch dog like Segina ,he's beating his head against the wall.....but kudos to him for speaking up for the tax payers that dont attend meetings.
Are you crazy? Segina's as dirty as they come! At the last meeting he got called out for his lying, stealing, theiving self!
Game Again

Mckeesport, PA

#132 Nov 18, 2013
Blago Got 14 Years wrote:
<quoted text>
Pittman is retiring vice of firing? WOW!
What a witness or source of information when this illegal fiasco is escalated to the authorities. Mike be smart and beg him to stay or you and others may pay dearly! For preservation of the machine and others, make peace and pay him what it takes to drop his opera lessons. Former Gov. Blago got 14 years.
They (machine puppets) will try to demean and blame Pittman and Malinchek.
Remember that Malinchek tried to establish what the interest rate would be on the escrowed $19 million; Cherepko had MPDís finest remove him from councilís meeting.
This one will tough for Mike to explain to the authorities. Seems like the controller figured out the scheme and Mike silenced him with ejection from the meeting.
The $14 million is gone in 2013, with the last of the amount at $900,000 voted into mayor Cherepko, John Jason Elash hands.

As this report details, the $14 million was intended to last all the way throughout year 2014. The city of McKeesport isn't even able to cover worker pay checks. McKeesport was always well known for missing, government money. HUD for asked the dwindling population city a agreement, a contract to satisfy fair housing and money record keeping standards. McKeesport isn't known for its record keeping, as records are non existent for the scrap metal receipts. McKeesport tire purchases aren't done by bidding, but purchased at retail, which John Jason Elash echoes as financially, fiscally sound.

Ask the owners of 716 Long Run Road in McKeesport. The last McKeesport $900,000 as most suspect, will be used as wrecklessly as a 2x DUI city solicitor driving: intoxicated behind the wheel and wrecklessly, quickly!

McKeesport's Pittman says HUD demand is 'blackmail'
http://triblive.com/x/dailynewsmckeesport/s_7...
Thursday, October 6, 2011

As McKeesport council encouraged the signing of a voluntary compliance agreement with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, city administrator Dennis Pittman believes requiring such action was nothing short of "blackmail."

While no official motion was cast during Wednesday night's meeting, council president Michael Cherepko advised McKeesport's development department to provide the necessary signatures to get the ball rolling or the cash flowing in McKeesport.

The government is simply cautious with all McKeesport dealings.
slander

West Mifflin, PA

#133 Nov 18, 2013
Pay Attention wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you crazy? Segina's as dirty as they come! At the last meeting he got called out for his lying, stealing, theiving self!
oh really? name a few loser

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vote Wolf for higher Taxes! 7 hr Bagman 16
What happened to the Viking Lounge (Jun '14) 15 hr Bagman 78
Mansfield Bridge Reopens 15 hr Gary 19
South Allegheny school board member and wife ac... (Sep '13) 15 hr Gary 210
worst bar in mckeesport (Sep '10) 16 hr moe 77
Young woman imprisoned for abducting baby dies 16 hr moe 1
Mckeesport baseball coach (Aug '13) 16 hr moe 85
McKeesport Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

McKeesport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

McKeesport News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in McKeesport

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:36 pm PST

Bleacher Report 7:36PM
Bengals vs. Steelers Flexed to 'Sunday Night Football' in Week 17
Bleacher Report 7:49 PM
How Far Can Steelers' Big Three Carry Them?
NFL 8:22 PM
Steelers secure playoff berth behind resurgence of D
NBC Sports 8:51 PM
Steelers, Packers, Cowboys, Seahawks win, move into playoffs - NBC Sports
NBC Sports11:02 PM
Your Top Plays for Today - NBC Sports