Next Last
Anon

Irwin, PA

#1 Oct 21, 2013
What about this piece of shit!!
Anon

Irwin, PA

#2 Oct 21, 2013
My hat is off to the Officer who finally nailed him!!!!!! Good job.
Miller Lite

West Mifflin, PA

#3 Oct 21, 2013
Miller Lite

West Mifflin, PA

#4 Oct 21, 2013
Port Vue Police Chief Bryan Myers says a police officer on the scene could easily tell Cortazzo had been drinking and issued him a citation and told him to leave.

"He was unstable on his feet he had slurred speech and in my officer's determination because of public safety he felt he shouldn't be in charge of the fire scene," Myers said.

But nearly a month after the incident, Channel 4 Action News found Cortazzo is still on the job as fire chief. And it's unclear if he's faced any punishment for the incident.

That's not sitting well with people like Nicole Patton.

"It's his job," Patton said. "He's supposed to be a professional and he's showing up intoxicated. It's ridiculous. If I would do that I'd get in trouble go to jail and all that and he's out not even locked up."

We were told Cortazzo was at a local elementary school Thursday giving a presentation to students with other area firefighters. After it was over, we stopped at the fire station and asked for him but we were told he was not there.

Chief Myers says it's up to Port Vue Mayor Brien Hranics and members of the Borough Council to decide if Cortazzo should keep his job. In a phone interview, Mayor Hranics says heís waiting for the fire departmentís internal review process to unfold before taking action.

However, Cortazzo's father, Frank Cortazzo, also happens to be a Borough Council member. We stopped at the house where Cortazzo lives with his parents to try and speak with them but no one answered the door.

Read more: http://www.wtae.com/news/local/allegheny/port...
Informed Citizen

Irwin, PA

#5 Oct 21, 2013
This kid needs serious help!!!!!!! And needs to be expelled from the fire department. That Officer got some big balls to do what he did. Congrats to him.
Fire Marshall

Pittsburgh, PA

#6 Oct 21, 2013
Miller Lite wrote:
Port Vue Police Chief Bryan Myers says a police officer on the scene could easily tell Cortazzo had been drinking and issued him a citation and told him to leave.
"He was unstable on his feet he had slurred speech and in my officer's determination because of public safety he felt he shouldn't be in charge of the fire scene," Myers said.
But nearly a month after the incident, Channel 4 Action News found Cortazzo is still on the job as fire chief. And it's unclear if he's faced any punishment for the incident.
That's not sitting well with people like Nicole Patton.
"It's his job," Patton said. "He's supposed to be a professional and he's showing up intoxicated. It's ridiculous. If I would do that I'd get in trouble go to jail and all that and he's out not even locked up."
We were told Cortazzo was at a local elementary school Thursday giving a presentation to students with other area firefighters. After it was over, we stopped at the fire station and asked for him but we were told he was not there.
Chief Myers says it's up to Port Vue Mayor Brien Hranics and members of the Borough Council to decide if Cortazzo should keep his job. In a phone interview, Mayor Hranics says heís waiting for the fire departmentís internal review process to unfold before taking action.
However, Cortazzo's father, Frank Cortazzo, also happens to be a Borough Council member. We stopped at the house where Cortazzo lives with his parents to try and speak with them but no one answered the door.
Read more: http://www.wtae.com/news/local/allegheny/port...
My guess is his father will bail him out. If for no other reason than to keep the funds in the family. What funds you ask. Volunteer fire departments are notorius for not keeping great records when it comes to the bingo, raffles and other fundraising activities.
Informed Citizen

Irwin, PA

#7 Oct 21, 2013
No. I personally know the Officer that arrested him. The Officer doesn't let shit go. But, the public drunkeness charge is the least of his worries. His DUI is his bigger problem.
boo hoo

Pittsburgh, PA

#8 Oct 21, 2013
good bye part time mckeesport job hahahaha loser
unknown

United States

#9 Oct 22, 2013
3518 is a good officer!
Keep

Pittsburgh, PA

#10 Oct 22, 2013
Mckeesport will keep him on....thats what they do. Keep people who shouldnt be employed by the City of ours.
Informed Citizen

Irwin, PA

#11 Oct 22, 2013
WOW...he made a stunning, earth shattering judgement call. He suspended himself!!!!!! I guess apparently he took himself out of service until he gets some help. I think he deserves a blue ribbon.(note the sarcasm) I'll bet all the residents of Port Vue are sleeping well knowing that there property is safe with this guy fighting fires. Again.(note the sarcasm).
Serious ??

United States

#12 Oct 23, 2013
Port Vue - did they name their city because they can see ours? Get it port view ??? They see us and named their city that !

Since: Oct 13

Mckeesport, PA

#13 Oct 23, 2013
Good job men. Hats off to Mayor, Chief and Officer. Mybe he'll get HELP..
Hall of Justice

Pittsburgh, PA

#14 Oct 23, 2013
Police Checker wrote:
Good job men. Hats off to Mayor, Chief and Officer. Mybe he'll get HELP..
The chief still has a chance. Maybe a judge will toss out his cofession.

http://triblive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/pit...
informed citizen

United States

#15 Oct 24, 2013
Good job Officer Adams. It took alotta balls to do that. We need more cops like you. Thank you!!!!
Too Funny

Pittsburgh, PA

#16 Oct 25, 2013
It won't stick. Adams waited five days to issue the citation. No FST were done, no PBT. Hell for all anyone knows his blood dugar could have been off. If Adams had balls he woukd have cited him on the spot and performed tge fst and pbt.

Let the first one of you without sin cast the first stone. Most of you are probably on another local fire department...which I know many of you have done the same...and worse. Hell a Captain almost ran over a chief on River Road...and was kindly driven home. Bullshit.
Jack Daniels

West Mifflin, PA

#17 Oct 25, 2013
showing up for a fire and staggering around should not be tolerated, thus putting other fire fighters at risk not to mention his DUI prior to that incident, clearly the guy has a drinking problem.
get help and admit he's a drunk, man up and correct the problem. if you keep brushing it off it will only get worse.

Mckeesport, PA

#18 Oct 25, 2013
Funny or not, this is not the first time for this boy. He still has a DUI pending, and not from Port Vue Police. The Officer did a good job, give him credit. He'll be looking for a new job if it's up to daddy. Sorry don't drink, if you have a problem. Don't worry, My Eye is on You

Mckeesport, PA

#19 Oct 25, 2013
Too Funny wrote:
It won't stick. Adams waited five days to issue the citation. No FST were done, no PBT. Hell for all anyone knows his blood dugar could have been off. If Adams had balls he woukd have cited him on the spot and performed tge fst and pbt.
Let the first one of you without sin cast the first stone. Most of you are probably on another local fire department...which I know many of you have done the same...and worse. Hell a Captain almost ran over a chief on River Road...and was kindly driven home. Bullshit.
Read your Crimes Code, were do you get five days to file? We know he's your friend get him help. Stop making excues for his actions. I feel bad for his mother.
informed citizen

United States

#20 Oct 25, 2013
Hey too funny. Obviously you know NOTHING about the law. You don't have to administer FST's to issue a public drunkeness citation. Nor do you have to give a PBT. I strongly suggest you get a clue before spouting off about things you don't about. Just a thought genius.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fidget Spinners? 6 hr Rachel Rack 10
Rosemary was a bag of wind 8 hr Aristotle Annie 8
yet another shooting 12 hr Pork Barrel Politics 14
who farted in porkys lunchbox Thu Pork Barrel Politics 7
President Tortorice and Greg Lombardo Thu The Shadow Knows 11
24 hour jitney number (May '14) Jul 18 JerryBrown 12
democratic vs republician Jul 17 Street Cop 14

McKeesport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance