#57252 Apr 14, 2014
Love da gov
#57253 Apr 14, 2014
WASHINGTON — Sorry, Leetsdale. It turns out the Oakdale area is a better place for a presidential visit.
The White House this morning announced revised plans for President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden’s Wednesday visit to the Pittsburgh area.
The pair will visit the Community College of Allegheny West Hills Center near Oakdale — technically, in North Fayette township — where they plan to discuss the importance of job-driven skills.
The community college, 15 miles south of Leetsdale, was able to better accommodate the visit, according to a White House official, who would not specify the Leetsdale location originally contemplated.
No other details were released.
#57254 Apr 14, 2014
Wisconsin is one of the few states in which employers must give workers a 24 consecutive hours of rest each calendar week. State Sen. Glenn Grothman isn't too happy about it.
The Republican legislator and congressional candidate, said he finds the state law "a little goofy," Huffington Post reports. Grothman argues that rolling it back is a matter of "freedom." He's proposing legislation that would allow an employee to voluntarily choose to work without one day of rest in seven.
Huffington Post notes current Wisconsin state law doesn't mean that workers get to take off once every seven days. An employee could work for up to 12 consecutive days "if the days of rest fall on the first and last days of the 2-week period."
Grothman's work-day bill faces uncertainty in the legislature. It's part of his strong conservative credentials, including ardent support for the Second Amendment. Grothman is a long-time supporter of concealed carry legislation. Grothman is also known for his outspoken attacks on affirmative action, welfare benefits, early sex education and abortion
And the 58-year-old state senator could soon take his views nationally. Grothman announced recently that he would run in the Republican primary for the east-central Wisconsin congressional district. The seat has been held since spring 1979 by GOP Rep. Tom Petri - who soon announced his retirement.
Petri has maintained a fairly conservative voting record by is known as one of the most bipartisan House members. He wasn't especially prominent on the national stage, but his strength was in securing funds for Wisconsin projects such as roads and bridges. Petri's perceived moderation has cost him over the years. In 2006, he became ranking member of the House Transportation Committee but when Republicans regained the House he was passed over for John Mica, considered a more conservative alternative
Read more here:
#57255 Apr 14, 2014
This Breast Cancer Survivor is Grateful for Obamacare and Wants Voters to Know !!!!!!!!
Lisa Keller is an Alaska native and a breast cancer survivor who thanks her Democratic senator for supporting Obamacare and getting her the insurance she needed in this 30 second campaign advertisement.
I was lucky I beat cancer, but the insurance companies still denied me health insurance just because of a pre-existing condition... I now have health insurance again because of Mark Begich. Because he fought the insurance companies, so that we no longer have to.
Thanks Barack !
See the heart warming story here:
#57256 Apr 14, 2014
#57258 Apr 14, 2014
Insane: The Harry Reid/Koch Brothers Super Cut
Apr 11, 2014
..."Mentally ill man can't stop talking about the monsters under his bed." Labeling Reid a deranged person may seem like a low blow -- until, that is, you watch this clip assembled by the Washington Free Beacon.
You'll be tempted to stop watching after about ten seconds, assuming you've got the drift of it. Don't. You really need the full experience. Take it away, gramps:
#57259 Apr 14, 2014
Karl Rove Loses Election After Being Checkmated By Cyber Sleuths?
The letter we received just days after the election ties together all the information set forth above about the digital difficulties faced by Karl Rove and the GOP on November 6th.
· Karl Rove’s digital architecture surrounding the election was identified and compromised by cyber sleuths in a way that denied him the ability to manipulate election results;
· Project Orca was not secure and had numerous flaws that were exploited to ensure failure;
· Karl Rove was focused on three states—Ohio, Virginia and Florida;
·“Orca Killer” was launched early in the day resulting in failures starting in the morning;
·“The Great Oz” was launched at 8pm, just as polls closed on the East Coast;
· The Ohio Secretary of State results were inaccessible to Mr. Rove after 8pm;
· Mr. Rove disputed the call for Ohio, and told FOX News that it was “premature” as he kept trying to access the results;
· Mr. Rove, Mitt Romney, the GOP, its billionaires, and its talking heads were all “convinced” up to the last minute that Mr. Romney would win, some even saying “by a landslide;”
· Prior to the election, Anonymous warned Mr. Rove that it had identified his digital structure and was watching for any manipulations;
· Mr. Romney and the GOP leadership were “shell shocked” when President Obama won the election.
Read here how big money failed to buy the election :
#57260 Apr 15, 2014
George Will: Race Card Becoming Joke Among Young People
13 Apr 2014
Conservative columnist George Will says the liberals throw the words "racist" and "racism" around so much it has become a joke among young people.
"Liberalism has a kind of Tourette's syndrome these days," Will said on "Fox News Sunday." "It’s just constantly saying the word racism and racist."
On college campuses one person will say it looks like it is going to rain and another will respond, "You're a racist," Will said. "The constant implication of this is that I think it is becoming a national mirth."
Will was responding to a question from viewer Michael Daigeaun who asked "Why is it that if you oppose their position and you’re white, you’re branded a racist? Both Attorney General [Eric] Holder and POTUS [President of the United States] race bait."
"If you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. If you have neither, pound the table. This is pounding the table," Will said. "There’s a kind of intellectual poverty now. Liberalism hasn't had a new idea since the 1960s except Obamacare and the country doesn't like it… So what do you do? You say anyone criticizes us is a racist."
“If you put your ear to this,”
Since: May 13
You can hear a conservative
#57261 Apr 15, 2014
Poor conservatives. Trying to understand humor isn't your forte. Nor is style and music.
#57262 Apr 15, 2014
keep on keeping on
#57263 Apr 15, 2014
Count me in
#57264 Apr 15, 2014
#57265 Apr 15, 2014
The National Review Online, Dennis Prager
What the Left Did Last Week
April 15, 2014
Part 1 of an occasional diary of the Left’s ongoing efforts to radically transform the country.
In his column last week, Charles Krauthammer crossed a line. He declared the American Left totalitarian.
He is correct. Totalitarianism is written into the Left’s DNA. Krauthammer wrote about a left-wing petition “bearing more than 110,000 signatures delivered to the [Washington] Post demanding a ban on any article questioning global warming.”
"I was gratified by the show of intolerance because it perfectly illustrated my argument that the Left is entering a new phase of ideological agitation — no longer trying to win the debate but stopping debate altogether, banishing from public discourse any and all opposition. The proper word for that attitude is totalitarian."
So, here is some of what the Left has done in the last week or two.
* The left-wing directors of Mozilla, the parent company of the browser Firefox, compelled their CEO, Brendan Eich, to resign after he refused to recant his support for maintaining the man-woman definition of marriage....
* Brandeis University rescinded its invitation to Ayaan Hirsi Ali, perhaps the world’s foremost activist in behalf of women in the Islamic world....
* The University of Michigan canceled a showing of the documentary Honor Diaries. The film features nine women who are Muslim or who come from a Muslim country. They speak about honor killings, female genital mutilation, forced marriages at young ages, and the denial of education to women in Muslim communities....
* Six weeks ago, a University of Wisconsin student released a video he had made of a guest lecturer in the freshman general-education course “Education 130: Individual and Society.” The lecturer, the political and organizing director for Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Local 150, delivered a diatribe, with obscenities, against conservatives, whites, and Republicans....
* Today is the cutoff date for public reactions to the proposal by the California Supreme Court’s ethics-advisory committee to forbid California judges from affiliating with the Boy Scouts, which the Left deems anti-gay. Given the Left’s animosity to traditional value-based institutions, it is not surprising that it loathes the Boy Scouts. What is remarkable — actually, frightening — is how easy it has been for the Left to make it illegal for a judge to be a leader in the Boy Scouts.
#57266 Apr 15, 2014
O'Reilly, Limbaugh, Palin, & Ingraham Panicked About Romney !!!
Uncut, unedited, unsealed video of the shocking truth that Faux Noise wants to ban !!!
Watch the shocking video that shook the GOP to it's core !!
#57267 Apr 15, 2014
Love sa gov
#57268 Apr 15, 2014
I know right
#57269 Apr 15, 2014
Anybody else ?b
#57270 Apr 15, 2014
#57271 Apr 15, 2014
Paul Ryan is completely stumped by Chris Wallace.........The math doesn't add up.
Folks, you cant make this shit up!
Watch the shocking video here:
#57272 Apr 15, 2014
Add your comments below
|Vincent Zupi mows lawn at 309 Monongahela Ave||23 min||Henry Clayton||20|
|Tom Bradley and Dave Kowalski||2 hr||sticky fingers||14|
|Entire narcotics unit in McKeesport named in pa... (Apr '12)||4 hr||bek30||133|
|What happened to the Viking Lounge (Jun '14)||4 hr||Markie Gergle||83|
|Wentz's building||5 hr||check that||21|
|PNA and Club 22||6 hr||Not So Snow White||9|
|Vincent Zupi steals $58,000 from his father, C...||6 hr||Queeg||1|
Find what you want!
Search McKeesport Forum Now
Copyright © 2014 Topix LLC