Stupid

United States

#21 Jan 24, 2013
0 Division 1 kids left in school from those years. Very talent deprived teams that excelled due to the dilligent work of their coaching staff. Numbers do not mean talent. Look at Clairton, they can barely field a team... and it hasn't lost a game in 4 years. If this egotistical pompass .... senile... etc. person gets back into coaching.. the port will get exactly what it deserves. More Thugs filling the streets because they are too stupid to graduate. But they made the Playofs.... that will be your battle cry for these scumbags.
Billy Madison

Pittsburgh, PA

#22 Jan 24, 2013
Stupid wrote:
0 Division 1 kids left in school from those years. Very talent deprived teams that excelled due to the dilligent work of their coaching staff. Numbers do not mean talent. Look at Clairton, they can barely field a team... and it hasn't lost a game in 4 years. If this egotistical pompass .... senile... etc. person gets back into coaching.. the port will get exactly what it deserves. More Thugs filling the streets because they are too stupid to graduate. But they made the Playofs.... that will be your battle cry for these scumbags.
http://youtubedoubler.com/...
flash

UK

#23 Jan 24, 2013
John Q is an idiot, obviously never played fb, or played and couldn't handle George. If need reminded go look at McKeesport record 10 yrs before George, and years since. Doesn't take a genius this a tough place to coach that doesn't pay squat.
Something smells

Pittsburgh, PA

#24 Jan 24, 2013
Other areas of the schools are being told to cut costs .....test scores have dropped....and we are worried about who coaches our beloved football program?
Past Football Parent

Pittsburgh, PA

#25 Jan 24, 2013
Merlin wrote:
I wish I had a crystal ball to see what the last three years would've been had the failed experiment not happened. Numerous d 1 recruits, 24 seniors one year, 32 seniors the next. I can't help but think Mckeesport may have been another title team had Smitty not been forced out.
I feel bad for the kids from those lost years.
Thank you!!!! We are all thinking that. Welcome back coach Smith but the kids from the past three years did have a lot to give and had no leader. It was terrible to see their dreams fly out the window.
Merlin

Mckeesport, PA

#26 Jan 25, 2013
Stupid wrote:
0 Division 1 kids left in school from those years. Very talent deprived teams that excelled due to the dilligent work of their coaching staff. Numbers do not mean talent. Look at Clairton, they can barely field a team... and it hasn't lost a game in 4 years. If this egotistical pompass .... senile... etc. person gets back into coaching.. the port will get exactly what it deserves. More Thugs filling the streets because they are too stupid to graduate. But they made the Playofs.... that will be your battle cry for these scumbags.
Obviously you have no clue what you are talking about. Talent deprived? I can think of at least 5 D1 kids. Dedicated coaching staff? Perhaps you missed the inability of the coaching staff to win any games against playoff caliber teams. Maybe you missed the Seneca valley game two seasons past when fearless leader was walking up and down the sideline asking how to stop this team, or maybe penn trafford the same year with the barrage of bombs at the end of the game rather than trying to get a simple first down, or lastly the Erie McDowell game where EM opened their O-line splits up and used the flex bone to beat Mckeesport with their own offense. The tigers play in a conference of our lady of blind yet could not win this year!!! Oh yeah it's the kids fault, or the parents fault or who ever else the AD, coaches, and admin can blame. The first two years the tigers won in spite of the coaching, they won because they were more talented than the teams in their conference. Not because they were coached.
Why were only 6 kids out of 32 going to college? The head coach had a theory that he only cared about select players. The others did not matter. That was told to his staff on day one and followed to the end. That is evident by the fact that only d1 prospects went to college. There were no slippery rocks, edinboro, clarion kids. Those were not high profile enough for this coach.
As for the thugs... Get real. These kids know the only way out is on the field. And unlike the failed experiment, Smitty will help the go to college. It might not be d1, but at least they'll get a chance.
Something smells

Pittsburgh, PA

#27 Jan 25, 2013
Merlin wrote:
<quoted text>

As for the thugs... Get real. These kids know the only way out is on the field. And unlike the failed experiment, Smitty will help the go to college.
Kids who have academic talent and promise should be "helped" to go to college.

Not wanna-bes who can barely add 2 plus 2 simply because they can throw a ball or stop a ball.

"The way out" is to STUDY, LEARN and GET GOOD GRADES and not hang out like gangstas and hope that playing a GAME will get you a living.
Building Blocks

Mckeesport, PA

#28 Jan 25, 2013
Merlin wrote:
I wish I had a crystal ball to see what the last three years would've been had the failed experiment not happened. Numerous d 1 recruits, 24 seniors one year, 32 seniors the next. I can't help but think Mckeesport may have been another title team had Smitty not been forced out.
I feel bad for the kids from those lost years.
Heard from a friend who has has a kid who will be returning to the team since Ward is gone that Smith held a team meet and great to about 100 kids in the auditorium at the high school. Sounds like the program is back in good hands where it belongs. Welcome back Coach Smith!
Bob the Builder

Mckeesport, PA

#29 Jan 26, 2013
Building Blocks wrote:
<quoted text> Heard from a friend who has has a kid who will be returning to the team since Ward is gone that Smith held a team meet and great to about 100 kids in the auditorium at the high school. Sounds like the program is back in good hands where it belongs. Welcome back Coach Smith!
Can George fix it? Yes he can!
Eddie

Ambridge, PA

#30 Jan 26, 2013
I sent an email to Charley Kiss back in September telling him, as a season ticket holder for years, I would not be back unless they got rid of Ward. I said take a look at the stands, take a look at the 50/50 being $150-$200 when it used to be up to $700,$800,$900. It was all because of Ward. He sent me one back, sort of nasty at my comments, sticking up for Ward, etc.. I know that he had to be diplomatic, but, I'm glad that even he must have finally seen the writing on the wall.

Welcome back George Smith! Now, got to be realistic, this doesn't automatically mean a winning season, and it doesn't guarantee that things will be the same as they were the first time around. BUT, you have a winner running things!

Also, keep in mind that athletics isn't everything. I believe with George back in charge of the program, the academic results will be better as well. That's the most important part. Can't lose sight of that.

Eddie
Merlin

Mckeesport, PA

#31 Jan 26, 2013
You mean you didn't get the letter complaining about the parents. A letter saying ALL sports are being dragged down by the parents. If you want a copy I have one.
Voice from the crowd

Mckeesport, PA

#32 Jan 27, 2013
Many were upset with the way Coach Smith was treated when he left 3 years ago. Ward gets hired not because he won as a coach, but because he was politically connected. The kids and parents were promised a better coach and he was not it. Like it or not, here in McKeesport you have to earn respect from the kids and parents, it is not just given. The fallout that followed was 1st you had kids leave the district, 2nd some of the ones who stayed chose not to play football, 3rd player participation dropped so much that by seasons end JV games had to be cancelled and only 38 players were left on a quad A team,4th home attendance dropped to the point of you may have had 300 people attend a home playoff game. The program is destroyed. Will Coach Smith be able to fix it I don't know, but if I were a betting man I wouldn't be against it! Good Luck Coach Smith and GO TIGERS!
Once A Tiger

Mckeesport, PA

#33 Jan 28, 2013
Voice from the crowd wrote:
Many were upset with the way Coach Smith was treated when he left 3 years ago. Ward gets hired not because he won as a coach, but because he was politically connected. The kids and parents were promised a better coach and he was not it. Like it or not, here in McKeesport you have to earn respect from the kids and parents, it is not just given. The fallout that followed was 1st you had kids leave the district, 2nd some of the ones who stayed chose not to play football, 3rd player participation dropped so much that by seasons end JV games had to be cancelled and only 38 players were left on a quad A team,4th home attendance dropped to the point of you may have had 300 people attend a home playoff game. The program is destroyed. Will Coach Smith be able to fix it I don't know, but if I were a betting man I wouldn't be against it! Good Luck Coach Smith and GO TIGERS!
So true, I was at the last playoff game and have seen bigger crowds at a 7th/8th grade game. I really felt bad for the kids who gave their all to make the game close in the 2nd half in spite of their coach. He did not have them ready to play and it showed! I think Coach Smith will be able to turn things around, but it may take some time seeing how far the entire program has fallen.
Stupid Peeps

United States

#34 Jan 28, 2013
When are you idiots going to realize that is exactly what the BOD wanted to happen. Smith and his thugs needed to be eliminated in order to make that school a safer place for everyone. The Smith led Thugs were running rampant in Both FOunders and The HS, causing several violent fights shown on you tube from their phones, guns and knives found in posession of his players, and the county jail filled to capacity, aided by over 80 of his former players. Check the rolls... they are still there in some cases. Drugs, Violence, kids leaving the school, the Papa PittBull calling potential whilt kids asking them to play, etc. All that garbage went away under Ward. Face it .. We are the Moral Majority.. and we do not want these types pf people in our school. Football is dead at the Port now that Ward is gone.
Voice from the crowd

Mckeesport, PA

#35 Jan 29, 2013
Stupid Peeps wrote:
When are you idiots going to realize that is exactly what the BOD wanted to happen. Smith and his thugs needed to be eliminated in order to make that school a safer place for everyone. The Smith led Thugs were running rampant in Both FOunders and The HS, causing several violent fights shown on you tube from their phones, guns and knives found in posession of his players, and the county jail filled to capacity, aided by over 80 of his former players. Check the rolls... they are still there in some cases. Drugs, Violence, kids leaving the school, the Papa PittBull calling potential whilt kids asking them to play, etc. All that garbage went away under Ward. Face it .. We are the Moral Majority.. and we do not want these types pf people in our school. Football is dead at the Port now that Ward is gone.
Ok John Q, a screen name change doesn't change the fact that your boy ward is gone, and our kids have a real coach. My son was going to pass on his senior year of football as were a few of his friends because it had gotten so bad. Needless to say he is now looking forward to play for a real coach!
so wrong

United States

#36 Jan 29, 2013
Face the facts.. noone wants this guy around. He is almost criminal in the way he destroys this High school. His reputation is mud all over the PIAA, and no one respects his "program" He has been the laughing stock of the PIAA Elite for over 25 years. Keep your thug criminal kid out of the school my honor student attends. It is my kid that is keeping yours in a place to play football. Scores are everything now, and I do not mean at the end of a game. The game is over for your moron. Obviously the apple does not fall far from the tree...
Voice from the crowd

Mckeesport, PA

#37 Jan 29, 2013
so wrong wrote:
Face the facts.. noone wants this guy around. He is almost criminal in the way he destroys this High school. His reputation is mud all over the PIAA, and no one respects his "program" He has been the laughing stock of the PIAA Elite for over 25 years. Keep your thug criminal kid out of the school my honor student attends. It is my kid that is keeping yours in a place to play football. Scores are everything now, and I do not mean at the end of a game. The game is over for your moron. Obviously the apple does not fall far from the tree...
George Smith has accomplished more for our kids and given more to our kids in his lifetime than any of us could ever hope for. I like many others are glad to see him back where he belongs in charge of TIGER FOOTBALL!

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#38 Jan 29, 2013
so wrong wrote:
Face the facts.. noone wants this guy around. He is almost criminal in the way he destroys this High school. His reputation is mud all over the PIAA, and no one respects his "program" He has been the laughing stock of the PIAA Elite for over 25 years. Keep your thug criminal kid out of the school my honor student attends. It is my kid that is keeping yours in a place to play football. Scores are everything now, and I do not mean at the end of a game. The game is over for your moron. Obviously the apple does not fall far from the tree...
After reading that drivel, I can only conclude that the turd does not fall far from the A hole. It's best to make your lies somewhat believable. Your boy went down in shame. Deal with it.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#39 Jan 29, 2013
Stupid Peeps wrote:
When are you idiots going to realize that is exactly what the BOD wanted to happen. Smith and his thugs needed to be eliminated in order to make that school a safer place for everyone. The Smith led Thugs were running rampant in Both FOunders and The HS, causing several violent fights shown on you tube from their phones, guns and knives found in posession of his players, and the county jail filled to capacity, aided by over 80 of his former players. Check the rolls... they are still there in some cases. Drugs, Violence, kids leaving the school, the Papa PittBull calling potential whilt kids asking them to play, etc. All that garbage went away under Ward. Face it .. We are the Moral Majority.. and we do not want these types pf people in our school. Football is dead at the Port now that Ward is gone.
Nice spiel for a ding. Who was the Dean of Discipline again? Oh yeah, your boy. Another whining disgrace. Plug it up baby, your sheep pad needs hosed down.
Reality Check

Mckeesport, PA

#40 Jan 29, 2013
Stupid wrote:
0 Division 1 kids left in school from those years. Very talent deprived teams that excelled due to the dilligent work of their coaching staff. Numbers do not mean talent. Look at Clairton, they can barely field a team... and it hasn't lost a game in 4 years. If this egotistical pompass .... senile... etc. person gets back into coaching.. the port will get exactly what it deserves. More Thugs filling the streets because they are too stupid to graduate. But they made the Playofs.... that will be your battle cry for these scumbags.
You defend him and say numbers don't mean a thing for a team to be successful. Then you use Clariton as an example. Guess what, Clariton had more kids at the end of the year as a single a school than our quad a Tigers did. Clariton competes weekly with teams that have from 20 to 40 kids on their rosters. McKeesport competes with teams that have 60 to 80. That is a huge difference. The big point you are missing is that you claim that not one kid who could play D-1 during Wards tenure left to go elsewhere. Look at the rosters of EF,SA,and Clariton and see what kids who would have helped a great deal are borderline D-1 with the right coach in place left, not to mention the others in the school who would not play with him as coach. My oldest boy was a senior in his first year at McKeesport and feels that Ward took a team that should have competed for the WPIAL title and tore it apart and lost in the 1st round of the playoffs because ther was no discipline. My youngest who will be in 10th grade next year went from probably not playing next year to looking forward to start working out with Coach Smith.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is the most corrupt shaker and mover in the... 13 hr Did the Rite Thing 13
McKeesport Hospital is corrupt 13 hr Bagman 4
McKeesport Girls Softball 13 hr Bagman 13
mcbride's Bumpy man nutz Mon these NUTZ!!!! 3
What McKeesport Needs Least (Oct '11) Oct 19 Cover Up Dominates 90
Gas smell in McKeesport last night? 5/12 Oct 19 Bagman 56
What Are You Sick of The Machine? (May '11) Oct 19 City Puppets Rule 116
McKeesport Dating
Find my Match

McKeesport Jobs

McKeesport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

McKeesport News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in McKeesport

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]