Posted in the McKeesport Forum

First Prev
of 9
Next Last

“Truth Will Set Us Free”

Since: May 08

Mckeesport

#1 Nov 19, 2010
Folks, I could go one for hours about all of the dirty deeds done me by the powers that be in McKeesport. Why bother? If I am ever fortunate enough to become Mayor, the machine bag of dirty tricks will be retired PERMANENTLY.

Today, I got a real knee slapper for you.

I drove by my future Huey Street Estate, a building that has been vacant and off the tax rolls and in disrepair for close to a decade and....

It was condemned.

No Shite.

Condemned.

After all of these years, with no change in status, when I intend to invest in it AND catch up the back taxes AND avoid it from General Fund (Your Taxdollars) paid demolition...

It was CONDEMNED!

Too damn funny.

I guess I really am under the skin of our former Mayor. ;)

WHAT A GUY!!!!!(lol)

I guess McKeesport is not a free city. Say the wrong thing and suffer the wrath I suppose...

I hope like me, you can't wait until that little vindictive so called leader is out of site and out of mind forever.

Be Safe and Blessed,

Paul

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
cleanup

Braddock, PA

#2 Nov 19, 2010
Paul let's be realistic here. The property isn't even yours it belongs to the Browns and what were you planning to do about all the garbage ?

“Truth Will Set Us Free”

Mckeesport

#3 Nov 19, 2010
cleanup wrote:
Paul let's be realistic here. The property isn't even yours it belongs to the Browns and what were you planning to do about all the garbage ?
Actually, I have satisfied my obligstion in full to the Brown's daughter who lives in Arkansas. As she is out of state, we are passing the legal documents concerning the deed back and forth through the mail. In a week or two, the deed will be listed in my name at the County.

90% of the garbage that you see there was left by a person who attempted to purchase it before me. I moved some to the curb for Nickolich to pick up. I registered for Municipal Service about a month or so ago and despite two calls to Nickolich, it has yet to be picked up. I will call once more Monday, if it isn't picked up on Tuesday morning, I will personally dispose of it. I'd have done this before but both of my pickup trucks have been down. I have cleaned much of the inside and killed all the weeds but have shied away from putting any real money into the place before the deed officially transfers. At that time, when the place is actually my responsibility, I will make arrangements for payment plans to get all of the taxes current.

My plan for the place is to live in the upstairs penthouse which has THE best view of downtown, the marina and two rivers that you can imagine. I can rent the two other floors or use one for office space. At some point down the road, I may convert it back into 1 single family dwelling. Right now, I don't need the space and could use the rental income to further my other business pursuits.

The bottom line is that I, a private citizen, am attempting to restore an eyesore, improve the value of the neighborhood and get a tax delinquent building current, helping all three taxing bodies.

For an order to come down to CONDEMN a house, when such intentions are well known, is a black eye for the current administration and not I.

Don't these people realize that the old ways of abusing governmental power to attack one's political opponents don't work anymore? Strong arm tactics may work on the weak or infirmed. They don't work on me. Each time these little minds attack me, i believe my political capital grows.

My detractors will disagree but then again, they are a small minority of voters that wouldn't vote for me in the first place and nobody really likes or listens to anyway.

Thanks for asking.

Paul
Hotdog

Mckeesport, PA

#4 Nov 20, 2010
Im sure there is more to this story than you letting us to believe Paul.

With you its the same old song and dance. A lot of talk and NO action

Remember your home on Versailles Ave? Wasn't that a mess also?

You my friend are a mess and you want us to vote you into office?
gimme a break

Mckeesport, PA

#5 Nov 20, 2010
Sluggo – I realize you have your share of detractors but I really feel that this is one instance where claiming that you’ve been victimized is unwarranted.

At the very least, if your intentions are to get into the business of buying and rehabbing homes you need to realize that you win some, you lose some.
Real estate is always a calculated risk, all the more so when your purchase price consists of back tax deed swaps carried out very publicly over several months time.

What if the situation were different? Instead of a dilapidated house off the tax rolls for years, what if it were a viable property that you spent months negotiating, trumpeting as yours and someone else bought it out from under you. Would you still consider yourself a victim?

I know the houses on Huey and that particular home is one of 2 wood frame homes on that block. While other homes are empty, all are brick and more structurally sound. If purchasing / transferring the deed has taken months, how long would it take to fund and complete the intensive repairs needed to make this house habitable?

I live in a grand old home and am all for restoration. If you consider that frame house on Huey a mansion, then you would consider my home the Taj Mahal. I have abandoned homes nearby, too.

But I’ll be perfectly honest with you and nothing personal or political intended….just keeping it real here. If I were the next door neighbor on Huey…the one with the real mansion and 3rd floor penthouse…..after enduring months of seeming inaction or at the very least watching an eyesore property becoming even more of an eyesore, I would be the first to petition city hall to have it torn down regardless of whose political sign was in the front yard.
Fisher of Men

Chicago, IL

#6 Nov 20, 2010
I disagree there are many houses in McKeesport that are in disrepair and inhabitable if Ron and Ron were doing thier jobs you would see alot more condemed houses in McKeesport. Sluggos not allowed to have a place to live here? What has this city turned into? I am not a Sluggo supporter but I percieve this as a political attack!!!! Ride around the 6th &7 th wards that have been neglected like i do every day. I may turn into a Sluggo supporter to end this Hitler style bullying!!!!

“Truth Will Set Us Free”

Mckeesport

#7 Nov 20, 2010
Hotdog wrote:
Im sure there is more to this story than you letting us to believe Paul.
With you its the same old song and dance. A lot of talk and NO action
Remember your home on Versailles Ave? Wasn't that a mess also?
You my friend are a mess and you want us to vote you into office?
Nuts.

“Truth Will Set Us Free”

Mckeesport

#9 Nov 20, 2010
Fisher of Men wrote:
I disagree there are many houses in McKeesport that are in disrepair and inhabitable if Ron and Ron were doing thier jobs you would see alot more condemed houses in McKeesport. Sluggos not allowed to have a place to live here? What has this city turned into? I am not a Sluggo supporter but I percieve this as a political attack!!!! Ride around the 6th &7 th wards that have been neglected like i do every day. I may turn into a Sluggo supporter to end this Hitler style bullying!!!!
Thank you. Selective enforcement of ordnances in Mckeesport is at least as old as the present machine. Heaven forbid anyone call the administration on the carpet for their misdeeds. Unfortunately for them, they are messing with a real Mckeesporter that will NOT be bullied.

Peace and Thank You,

Paul
Hotdog

Mckeesport, PA

#10 Nov 20, 2010
Nuts? Look at the poster above.
Dr Phil

Mckeesport, PA

#11 Nov 20, 2010
Nuts. Sluggo has a winner here. LOL!
Citizen

Mckeesport, PA

#12 Nov 21, 2010
Sluggo wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I have satisfied my obligstion in full to the Brown's daughter who lives in Arkansas. As she is out of state, we are passing the legal documents concerning the deed back and forth through the mail. In a week or two, the deed will be listed in my name at the County.
90% of the garbage that you see there was left by a person who attempted to purchase it before me. I moved some to the curb for Nickolich to pick up. I registered for Municipal Service about a month or so ago and despite two calls to Nickolich, it has yet to be picked up. I will call once more Monday, if it isn't picked up on Tuesday morning, I will personally dispose of it. I'd have done this before but both of my pickup trucks have been down. I have cleaned much of the inside and killed all the weeds but have shied away from putting any real money into the place before the deed officially transfers. At that time, when the place is actually my responsibility, I will make arrangements for payment plans to get all of the taxes current.
My plan for the place is to live in the upstairs penthouse which has THE best view of downtown, the marina and two rivers that you can imagine. I can rent the two other floors or use one for office space. At some point down the road, I may convert it back into 1 single family dwelling. Right now, I don't need the space and could use the rental income to further my other business pursuits.
The bottom line is that I, a private citizen, am attempting to restore an eyesore, improve the value of the neighborhood and get a tax delinquent building current, helping all three taxing bodies.
For an order to come down to CONDEMN a house, when such intentions are well known, is a black eye for the current administration and not I.
Don't these people realize that the old ways of abusing governmental power to attack one's political opponents don't work anymore? Strong arm tactics may work on the weak or infirmed. They don't work on me. Each time these little minds attack me, i believe my political capital grows.
My detractors will disagree but then again, they are a small minority of voters that wouldn't vote for me in the first place and nobody really likes or listens to anyway.
Thanks for asking.
Paul
Paul, you are should be commended, not condemned for your commitment to the community and your Huey St. project.
Hotdog

Mckeesport, PA

#13 Nov 21, 2010
Nuts Nuts Nuts

Wheres my meds
Wacko

Mckeesport, PA

#14 Nov 21, 2010
Hotdog wrote:
Nuts Nuts Nuts
Wheres my meds
You need to find them. You are nuts.
Somethings Fishy

Mckeesport, PA

#15 Nov 21, 2010
Paul Questions Police OT and safety of Lake Emily and he is arrested on false gun charges!

Paul announces he is running for Mayor and questions Brewster on being Senator, House he is trying to fix up gets condemned!

Now I am not a Paul Shelley fan and think he should take some time away from politics to get his life in order and think he brings a lot of this on himself, but isn't it amazing every time this guy is out front on certain things and touches a little to close to home for some,the powers that be find a way to put the screws to him.

The best part of this whole scenario is they all call him crazy, but yet they spend a lot of time trying to discredit him on this site and in public. I also like the fact that anyone who has a thought of their own is accused of being Sluggo.

Like I said earlier I may not be voting for Paul, because I do feel he has way to much baggage and needs to prove (for more than 6 month intervals) that he is capable to lead, but I won't be voting for any of the same old names who have done nothing but make McKeesport a prostitute to government monies from section 8 and hud!

Early Riser

Mckeesport, PA

#16 Nov 22, 2010
Somethings Fishy wrote:
Paul Questions Police OT and safety of Lake Emily and he is arrested on false gun charges!
Paul announces he is running for Mayor and questions Brewster on being Senator, House he is trying to fix up gets condemned!
Now I am not a Paul Shelley fan and think he should take some time away from politics to get his life in order and think he brings a lot of this on himself, but isn't it amazing every time this guy is out front on certain things and touches a little to close to home for some,the powers that be find a way to put the screws to him.
The best part of this whole scenario is they all call him crazy, but yet they spend a lot of time trying to discredit him on this site and in public. I also like the fact that anyone who has a thought of their own is accused of being Sluggo.
Like I said earlier I may not be voting for Paul, because I do feel he has way to much baggage and needs to prove (for more than 6 month intervals) that he is capable to lead, but I won't be voting for any of the same old names who have done nothing but make McKeesport a prostitute to government monies from section 8 and hud!
I couldn't agree more with all that you say. I believe an ideal situation would be for Rege to seek a full term after he is appointed. Paul could run for Council and have four years to prove his health and genius to the entire public as Rege's right hand man.

Paul rocks a boat that needs tipped over. I respect his courage and his commitment to the city. I can not remember any citizen attacked by the machine with such ferocity. He is doing all the right things and he needs to prove to himself and the voters that he can sustain that effort and level of performance over the long term.
Early Riser

Mckeesport, PA

#17 Nov 22, 2010
I can't wait to see what Paul's complete reaction to the politically motivated condemnation of the Huey Street property is. I bet that wiley Sluggo has a good one up his sleeve. He does have a certain flare to his approach that exposes Brewster for the paranoid and vindictive little dictator that he is.
Irate Voter

Mckeesport, PA

#18 Nov 22, 2010
Paul with the way you go about questioning every last thing that they do, would you expect any less. You do occasionally bring up things that should be questioned, but when you constantly attack people all the time you bring most of this on yourself. Look at the past few years and ask yourself an honest question, Would you vote for Paul Shelley? You want to clean up the city yet you cant keep your own yard clean( Versailles and Huey St.) You missed almost a years worth of Council meetings, I will give you the fact that you were sick and all but you did miss those meetings. Lets not forget about the front yard fire pit on the main drag of Versailles, is this something that a normal person would do? You do some good as well like questioning the fish dying at Lake Emily, work with the youth as a coach, and look out for the entire community by getting salt trucks to spend more time in all areas of the city not just a few. But by constantly going negative and bashing people all the time you become what you despise and sound like a hypocrite.
Number Joint

Chicago, IL

#19 Nov 22, 2010
With all the vacant houses in McKeesport why would you condem a house someone is trying to repair? City hall is releasing a bad odar!
Honest Disccussion

Mckeesport, PA

#20 Nov 23, 2010
Irate Voter wrote:
Paul with the way you go about questioning every last thing that they do, would you expect any less. You do occasionally bring up things that should be questioned, but when you constantly attack people all the time you bring most of this on yourself...
Paul has been critical of the former Mayor's questionable actions. He has the courage to say what all of us are feeling and he takes the shots from city hall that prove he is hitting too close to home by exposing their motives and bad ideas. I haven't heard him personally bash anyone personally, only their actions. He has stayed pretty calm while they have attacked every aspect of his personal life. The attacks of Paul Shelly are over the line and I am sure do nothing but build support for him in the eyes of all the disenfranchised voters, who are the majority, in Mckeesport.

I too was a little dissapointed in Paul's last year or so on Council. He needs to sustain his activity and attitude to completely win me back. Some poster discussed that Paul should back Rege for a full term and repair his credibility as a contributing Councilman for four years. That isn't a bad idea. I for one would back a Rege/Mayor Paul/Council President ticket. I'd be surprised if anyone could find two men who love Mckeesport more and doing a good job starts with wanting to do what is right by the people.
Frustrated

Pittsburgh, PA

#21 Nov 23, 2010
Ok, I am not for or against Paul, but his personal life does not seem settled enough to have time to be mayor. I am not attacking in any way. I am not criticizing either, but it seems like Paul should have his stuff together by now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do black people abuse the welfare system? (Mar '10) 1 hr combat blogger 90
What Good is Glassport Community Outlook Facebo... 10 hr Queeg 42
McKeesport ripoffs at City Hall 10 hr Hobo Jim 36
I love Mckeesport 11 hr Hobo Jim 11
SA football - What the heck happened? (Oct '13) 21 hr Queeg 12
Gergley charged with gambling and corruption (Mar '16) Sat The Touchables 55
What happened to the 6000.00 set up money for t... Aug 25 Sir Repko 8

McKeesport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance