In light of the current gambling scan...

In light of the current gambling scandal, should the mayor resign now?

Created by Jimmy B on Sep 30, 2013

688 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Wait till he's indicted too

Voter

Monroeville, PA

#63 Oct 8, 2013
No Chance Zone wrote:
<quoted text>With Mayor Cherepko's Campaign Finance Reports looking like a city directory of employees and a vendor list, he should have at least 1000 votes off the contributors.

He always allows the employee on our nickel to leave early prior to every city paid holidays. That should add a few hundred votes for the machine. He spends our tax money to gather votes and to as leverage for more political contribution and sport events tickets.
Not true, that's a fact!
wallfl

Bethel Park, PA

#64 Oct 8, 2013
the scandal isn't stoping the mayor from appointing relatives to boards,look who he had placed on the sewage board, i think its's his aunt
Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true, that's a fact!
Henry

West Mifflin, PA

#65 Oct 9, 2013
My sister can use a job with the city anything avialable?
Advice

Dravosburg, PA

#66 Oct 9, 2013
Henry wrote:
My sister can use a job with the city anything avialable?
Have her marry into one of the town's political families. They'll find her something then.
Political Forces Bully

Mckeesport, PA

#67 Oct 9, 2013
wallfl wrote:
the scandal isn't stoping the mayor from appointing relatives to boards,look who he had placed on the sewage board, i think its's his aunt<quoted text>
The mayor is oblivious to reality and thinks the AG investigation and their interest his slot machine bookkeeping or lack thereof, is a joke or soap opera.

But his sidekick, the esteemed solicitor knows better and calibrated the seriousness of the matter perfectly. But the bully is smarter, he thinks, than Elash, Veon, Orie, Deweese, etc. and all of the other serving time as discussed in the recently released book titled "Keystone Corruption."

The untouchable turned out to be very "touchable." The bully better start following his solicitors' advice.

Elash is smarter than some realize and think. The ultimate results will protect Elash because he knows what was done wrong and he protected himself so far.

Keep up the good work Jason and do not let them force you into doing the wrong thing. I tend to believe that the authorities are on top of many wrong doings in the City.
Jason

Hockessin, DE

#68 Oct 9, 2013
Political Forces Bully wrote:
<quoted text>The mayor is oblivious to reality and thinks the AG investigation and their interest his slot machine bookkeeping or lack thereof, is a joke or soap opera.

But his sidekick, the esteemed solicitor knows better and calibrated the seriousness of the matter perfectly. But the bully is smarter, he thinks, than Elash, Veon, Orie, Deweese, etc. and all of the other serving time as discussed in the recently released book titled "Keystone Corruption."

The untouchable turned out to be very "touchable." The bully better start following his solicitors' advice.

Elash is smarter than some realize and think. The ultimate results will protect Elash because he knows what was done wrong and he protected himself so far.

Keep up the good work Jason and do not let them force you into doing the wrong thing. I tend to believe that the authorities are on top of many wrong doings in the City.
The mayor and former mayor have never broken the law on my watch. They are both good men and live by the letter of the law.
Rodney

Dravosburg, PA

#69 Oct 9, 2013
Jason wrote:
<quoted text>
The mayor and former mayor have never broken the law on my watch. They are both good men and live by the letter of the law.
Well placed sarcasm.
Political Forces Mistakes

Mckeesport, PA

#70 Oct 9, 2013
Jason wrote:
<quoted text>
The mayor and former mayor have never broken the law on my watch. They are both good men and live by the letter of the law.
Do you means like the laws of moral turpitude and obstruction of justice, for the Cornell School sex scandal incident and the cover up of the DA findings on MPD overtime cheating, respectfully?

What letters of the law did they circumvent on those two infamous and public incidents for a start?

Who are you to judge when and if a law is violated? You render an opinion as bizarre and convoluted as it may be.

No lawyer ever went to jail or was disbarred for rending a unfounded opinion. But, a ton of their clients may have been jailed when the jury saw thru the lawyers' smoke screen and BS.
Political Forces Slip Up

Mckeesport, PA

#71 Oct 9, 2013
Jason wrote:
<quoted text>
The mayor and former mayor have never broken the law on my watch. They are both good men and live by the letter of the law.
That is your legal opinion that you are entitled to offer and promote.

Only one more thing like the famed Colombo would always say as a parting shot, Jason you are using city resources and time to spread propaganda about your two friends who gave you a plush job.

Third Class City Code, Section 912 - City Property not be used by Officers for Gain;

You can be removed from office or employment for this transgression. Do not be like the Honorable Marc Gergely and self indict (via a telephone recording) on Topix.

I hope the poster Jason is an imposter for the welfare of our beloved City.
Curious

Dravosburg, PA

#72 Oct 10, 2013
I'm shocked so many want to see him step down over this seemingly small matter. Is there more to the story as you peel the onion?
Fire Marshal Bill

Dravosburg, PA

#73 Oct 10, 2013
Where there is smoke, there is fire.
Anita Armpit

West Mifflin, PA

#74 Oct 10, 2013
Curious wrote:
I'm shocked so many want to see him step down over this seemingly small matter. Is there more to the story as you peel the onion?
The more you peel the onion the stronger the smell.
Curious

Dravosburg, PA

#75 Oct 10, 2013
Anita Armpit wrote:
<quoted text>The more you peel the onion the stronger the smell.
So what stinks more as we get closer to the center of this particular onion?
Johnny Storm

Dravosburg, PA

#76 Oct 11, 2013
Fire Marshal Bill wrote:
Where there is smoke, there is fire.
Indeed.
The Jolly Roger

Homestead, PA

#77 Oct 11, 2013
Yes.
The Jolly Roger

Homestead, PA

#78 Oct 11, 2013
Political Forces Slip Up wrote:
<quoted text>
That is your legal opinion that you are entitled to offer and promote.
Only one more thing like the famed Colombo would always say as a parting shot, Jason you are using city resources and time to spread propaganda about your two friends who gave you a plush job.
Third Class City Code, Section 912 - City Property not be used by Officers for Gain;
You can be removed from office or employment for this transgression. Do not be like the Honorable Marc Gergely and self indict (via a telephone recording) on Topix.
I hope the poster Jason is an imposter for the welfare of our beloved City.
Thanks for exposing John Jason Elash, notice the J. preceded Jason.

Now everyone knows city workers, primarily John Jason Elash is using city resources and time, city residents money to spread propaganda.

Stop running into buildings drunk John, your the McKeesport city solicitor. You have a drinking and driving problem coupled with a attempted cover up. Your playing games with everyone on the city clock John Jason Elash.

Your city of McKeesport now has 16 indicted gamblers. One of your lines in the sand is gone. Your legal opinion serves as a cover up because you know the truth. Your a liar not a lawyer or solicitor.
Like A Good Neighbor

Dravosburg, PA

#79 Oct 11, 2013
wallfl wrote:
the scandal isn't stoping the mayor from appointing relatives to boards,look who he had placed on the sewage board, i think its's his aunt<quoted text>
Mayor Mike is there.
Well

Dravosburg, PA

#80 Oct 12, 2013
whocares wrote:
he's a one term mayor.
Jamie Brewster would beat him.
Undertaker

Dravosburg, PA

#81 Oct 13, 2013
Somebody wants this poll buried.
Reanimator

Dravosburg, PA

#82 Oct 14, 2013
Undertaker wrote:
Somebody wants this poll buried.
There are very interesting results so far.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marshalls Boyfriend Is a Cryer 23 min Dave likes to cud... 1
Football job 1 hr Concerned parent 13
Easter Breakfast 3 hr HighAgain 44
Greyhound Bus to Washington DC 3 hr Eileen Ulick 6
w e t c u n t 3 hr Eileen Ulick 2
Gergley charged with gambling and corruption (Mar '16) 16 hr The Walkables 124
another shooting Apr 25 Seesitall 4

McKeesport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

McKeesport Mortgages