Friends Devastated Over Retired Officer's Arrest In Hit & Run

Jan 18, 2013 Full story: CBS Local 21

Retired Allegheny County police officer Tim Tatters spent several hours in the Allegheny County Jail Friday after police arrested him in connection with a fatal hit-and-run accident earlier this week in McKeesport.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
tina

Mckeesport, PA

#1 Jan 19, 2013
Devastated!!!! Yes very much so. Alot of ppl definitely r trust me i know!! Hes loved n cared for from so many ppl,everyone that's in his life knows that he is very friendly sweet & loving he would do whatever he could to help out &b there for u or by ur side even there when u need someone to tlk to he's always there no matter what!!! He would nvr hurt someone intentional, he's everything to me & my kids!!!:-):-):
Bad Cop

Mckeesport, PA

#2 Jan 19, 2013
Now you and your kids can go see him in jail.
WHOCARES

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Jan 19, 2013
He was so upset by all of this, that he returned to the Country Corral after all of this happened and watched it on the news with his drinking buds.

“Change is the only constant”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#4 Jan 19, 2013
tina wrote:
Devastated!!!! Yes very much so. Alot of ppl definitely r trust me i know!! Hes loved n cared for from so many ppl,everyone that's in his life knows that he is very friendly sweet & loving he would do whatever he could to help out &b there for u or by ur side even there when u need someone to tlk to he's always there no matter what!!! He would nvr hurt someone intentional, he's everything to me & my kids!!!:-):-):
He was so devastated that he took off after killing Lorraine and returned to the bar. This is an ex-COP! The fact that he knows better is all the more troubling. I'm so tired of hearing how good people are/were AFTER they commit a heinous crime and make no mistake, this is a heinous crime. By driving away he INTENTIONALLY made a bad situation worse. Why would a law enforcement officer do this? Perhaps because he knows he has a better chance of facing the charges with a hit-and-run instead of a charge of vehicular homicide while DRUNK! Throw the book at him.
Chickens Home 2 Roost

Mckeesport, PA

#5 Jan 19, 2013
tina wrote:
He disrespect and trouble with his neighbors and neighborhood say it all. The condition and trash in his yard speak loudly. He conned the system every time the WO ordinance office tried to use the force of law to clean up that residential trash dump.

Now he is a nice guy -- to whom? Too little from you and too late. He should be in jail.
tina

Mckeesport, PA

#6 Jan 19, 2013
U all can say what u want,but none of u kno him so idc
Destiny

United States

#7 Jan 19, 2013
Exactly(to my mom...tina!) Everyone talks shit on who they dont know...but, im being serious if ANY of you met him yinz would change your mind. And quit the damn slander. I understand this websites apperantly made for garbage talk, but noone and I repeat NOONE would ever say anything bad about him!
Destiny

United States

#8 Jan 19, 2013
Bad Cop wrote:
Now you and your kids can go see him in jail.
You are VERY rude.
WHOCARES

Pittsburgh, PA

#9 Jan 19, 2013
What if that woman was your mom, your sister, grandma? How ruide is it, that your pap was back at the Country Corral afterwards? The news media broadcasted a story last night (KDKA TV) where a woman was being interviewed who said your pap was in the bar when the story broke with him being identified..Who is rude now? Are you kidding me?
Destiny wrote:
<quoted text>
You are VERY rude.
Poetic Justice

Mckeesport, PA

#10 Jan 19, 2013
An above the law former cop is now under the law. This is poetic justice. He had no respect for his neighbors.

It is ironic that an anonymous neighbor tipped off the authorities about his damaged Jeep in his drive way. This is one neighbor that most likely never got mad at the trash yard but sure seemed to have gotten even.
He Could Improve

Mckeesport, PA

#11 Jan 19, 2013
tina wrote:
But he hurt the neighborhood with trash yard and defiant attitude. The authorities should sling the book at him.
18ricco

United States

#12 Jan 19, 2013
I was there inside the gas station when he hit her and I heard a thud I was by the news papers by the door so if I heard it he heard it. I walked outside the door n didn't see any cars stopped just head lights going down the street and I went back inside them when the ambulance showed up I went outside n seen her there on the side walk at the end of the parking lot n I see her laying there everyday several times a day since. Wish I would of walked to the end of the parking lot to see her now I also blame myself for her death. It didn't go away what can you say about that how nice this drunk was or it would be nice that she would be alive n it would be nice I can stop blaming myself for not seeing her 20 yards away behind a bush in the middle of the night she was a woman who couldnt defend herself n she was on the sidewalk not in the street
18ricco

United States

#13 Jan 19, 2013
Wish I would of walked to the end of the parking lot to see her now I also blame myself for her death. It didn't go away what can you stay about that how nice this drunk was or it would be nice that she would be alive n it would be nice I can stop blaming myself for not seeing her 20 yards away behind a bush in the middle of the night she was a woman who couldnt defend herself n she was on the sidewalk not in the street he hit her n she slid on the sidewalk 25ft n stopped by a pole she couldn't even talk n there are many problems with this case but he is the only one who hit her if he stopped and called 911 she may be alive there was to much physical evidence left by his car to tell me you didn't know if these people cared for this guy so much y did yinz leave him in the bar n of he didn't know why go to the bar where you were in the first place why was you looking for it on the news how did you know you did it you just didn't want a dui that's it. I see her every time I speak off this case n I hear her moaning n crying as she laid in the snow n ice alone. Can be make that stop CAN HE OR CAN YOU NO BUT YOU N YOUR KID CAN SHUT UP!!!!!
As a Matter of Fact

Apo, AE

#14 Jan 19, 2013
I've heard that the perp lives on Collins Street. Go figure....
Karma Kurse

Mckeesport, PA

#15 Jan 20, 2013
Poetic Justice wrote:
An above the law former cop is now under the law. This is poetic justice. He had no respect for his neighbors.
It is ironic that an anonymous neighbor tipped off the authorities about his damaged Jeep in his drive way. This is one neighbor that most likely never got mad at the trash yard but sure seemed to have gotten even.
I love this Karma thing! It is so appropriate for this actor.
PA Law

Monongahela, PA

#16 Jan 20, 2013
CHAPTER 37. MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS

3742. Accidents involving death or personal injury.

(a) General rule.--The driver of any vehicle involved in an accident resulting in injury or death of any person shall immediately stop the vehicle at the scene of the accident or as close thereto as possible but shall then forthwith return to and in every event shall remain at the scene of the accident until he has fulfilled the requirements of section 3744 (relating to duty to give information and render aid). Every stop shall be made without obstructing traffic more than is necessary.

(b) Penalties.--

Except as otherwise provided in this section, any person violating this section commits a misdemeanor of the first degree.

If the victim suffers serious bodily injury, any person violating subsection (a) commits a felony of the third degree, and the sentencing court shall order the person to serve a minimum term of imprisonment of not less than 90 days and a mandatory minimum fine of $1,000, notwithstanding any other provision of law.

If the victim dies, any person violating subsection (a) commits a felony of the third degree, and the sentencing court shall order the person to serve a minimum term of imprisonment of not less than one year and a mandatory minimum fine of $2,500, notwithstanding any other provision of law.

(c) Authority of sentencing court.--There shall be no authority in any court to impose on an offender to which this section is applicable any lesser sentence than provided for in subsection (b)(2) or (3) or to place such offender on probation or to suspend sentence. Sentencing guidelines promulgated by the Pennsylvania Commission on Sentencing shall not supersede the mandatory sentences provided in this section.
He Has A Problem

Mckeesport, PA

#17 Jan 20, 2013
I think Tatters is Tattered and Troubled because a Tipster Told the Truth on the Terrible Tyrant.

The mandatory sentence seems to be inescapable. But, judges craft strange rulings for former officers of the lawless.
PA Law

Monongahela, PA

#18 Jan 21, 2013
He Has A Problem wrote:
I think Tatters is Tattered and Troubled because a Tipster Told the Truth on the Terrible Tyrant.
The mandatory sentence seems to be inescapable. But, judges craft strange rulings for former officers of the lawless.
No. He won't escape mandatory minimum sentencing. Be he, along with any other inmate in the system, could see his actual prison time reduced for "good behavior" due to prison overcrowding.

I think the only benefit he'll reap from being a former officer is segregation from violent prisoners. Due to his previous profession, he'll enter the system with a bulls eye on his back.
Tattered Tatters

Mckeesport, PA

#19 Jan 21, 2013
PA Law wrote:
<quoted text>No. He won't escape mandatory minimum sentencing. Be he, along with any other inmate in the system, could see his actual prison time reduced for "good behavior" due to prison overcrowding.
I think the only benefit he'll reap from being a former officer is segregation from violent prisoners. Due to his previous profession, he'll enter the system with a bulls eye on his back.
I agree that he is toast. I sure hope that when this soaks in that he shows some remorse. This could lessen the pain and grief for some.

We are sorry for all impacted by this dreadful accident.
Insider

United States

#20 Jan 21, 2013
Glad we are finally get this scumbag out of our town!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
House Destroyed In West Mifflin Fire 3 hr Wwww 4
Club 22 busted 3 hr Night Owl 10
McKeesport Hospital is corrupt 7 hr Bagman 6
Grow up 8 hr Get A Life 10
Blacks 9 hr John D 4
Who is the most corrupt shaker and mover in the... Tue Did the Rite Thing 13
McKeesport Girls Softball Tue Bagman 13
McKeesport Dating
Find my Match

McKeesport Jobs