Mayor Cherepko Chastizes City Official!
Wrong Again

United States

#146 Feb 26, 2013
No... it isn't. No investigation of the Mayor's office, the City... water authority... police department...etc are forth coming in any way. The poker machine raid were done against Porky and his Back Alley Vending.. not the City of the Port... the federal agents are focused on his entire operation... not teh machines in the port establishments. They are after much bigger fish. Not one proprietor will be prosecuted for anything. It is the "people" he was laundering money for through his cash business.... no Rico... no nothing. My prediction... Pork will turn the Pizza business over to each local owner/operator and turn states evidence against the drug cartel members operating in this country.. and go into witness protection... never to be heard from again.
Jurisprudence

Elizabeth, PA

#147 Feb 26, 2013
Wrong Again wrote:
No... it isn't. No investigation of the Mayor's office, the City... water authority... police department...etc are forth coming in any way. The poker machine raid were done against Porky and his Back Alley Vending.. not the City of the Port... the federal agents are focused on his entire operation... not teh machines in the port establishments. They are after much bigger fish. Not one proprietor will be prosecuted for anything. It is the "people" he was laundering money for through his cash business.... no Rico... no nothing. My prediction... Pork will turn the Pizza business over to each local owner/operator and turn states evidence against the drug cartel members operating in this country.. and go into witness protection... never to be heard from again.
I think you are wrong right out of the gate. The raids were organized and staged by the Attorney General's office --- NOT THE FEDERAL AGENTS of the FBI.

The IRS is in the mix and equation because of the large sum of cash confiscated. The IRS could and will invoke the RICO act because it fits and then THEY CAN CONFISCATE ALL THE ASSETS THEY BELIEVE WERE PURCHASED with illegal slot machine profits. This threat will encourage plea bargains.

I think that the convicted Mr. Huston can attest to the power and authority of the DEA and IRS. They nailed his bar and home and perhaps his black luxury SUV.
I agree that the Pork will become a witness for the prosecution. He options are simple you talk and cooperate or off to the cage for a long time. This is a no-brainer for the Pork and his affiliates.
If brown bag gratuities deliveries were under State Police surveillance the recipients of such may not have a good day with indictments. It appears the FBI agents are nothing more than interested observers at this time but that could change in a blink of the eye.
RESPECT IN ACTION

Elizabeth, PA

#148 Mar 2, 2013
Street rumor has our chief executive advancing the politically correct move of renaming two city streets after former mayors.

Water Street and Marshall Drive Extension will sport new street names endorsed by the puppet council persons and the city CEO.

I would suggest that they be named after former mayors, McLaughlin or Fullard or Kucich or Pribanicl

Kucich/Pribanic Waterway and McLaughlin/Fullard Connector would be most appropriate.

The Palisades should be renamed Bendel Brena and the Marina renamed Washowich Port in keeping with political timing and correctness of the times.

The sewage plant should be named as the City Cash Cow Citadel the home and founder of the abominable host fee and endless source of city funds and political jobs.

Have Mayor Ravenstahl be the master of ceremonies for these rededications
Name 48 after Elash

Elizabeth, PA

#149 Mar 4, 2013
Will Mikey chastise his confidant Mr. Elash for being the first City Solicitor to earn 30 days of incarceration and loss of driving privileges for one year?

I think City Council should rename Route 48 to Elash Express.
Candidate Street Names

Elizabeth, PA

#150 Mar 5, 2013
Is Mayor Cherepko going to hold a public contest for renaming some streets?
I would like to propose Kindak (sp?), Popovich, Pribanic, McLaughlin, Kucich, Pero, Carter, Flegal, Vindivic, Weimer, Spando, Pittman, Walsh, Risha, Bazzone, McFarland;
My pick would be Miller in honor of being killed in line of duty.
Troublemaker

Pittsburgh, PA

#151 Mar 5, 2013
Candidate Street Names wrote:
Is Mayor Cherepko going to hold a public contest for renaming some streets?
I would like to propose Kindak (sp?), Popovich, Pribanic, McLaughlin, Kucich, Pero, Carter, Flegal, Vindivic, Weimer, Spando, Pittman, Walsh, Risha, Bazzone, McFarland;
My pick would be Miller in honor of being killed in line of duty.
A few long-gone names, but there's some road-kill on your list.
Miller's the only one worthy.
Wrong again

United States

#152 Mar 5, 2013
Jurisprudence wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are wrong right out of the gate. The raids were organized and staged by the Attorney General's office --- NOT THE FEDERAL AGENTS of the FBI.
The IRS is in the mix and equation because of the large sum of cash confiscated. The IRS could and will invoke the RICO act because it fits and then THEY CAN CONFISCATE ALL THE ASSETS THEY BELIEVE WERE PURCHASED with illegal slot machine profits. This threat will encourage plea bargains.
I think that the convicted Mr. Huston can attest to the power and authority of the DEA and IRS. They nailed his bar and home and perhaps his black luxury SUV.
I agree that the Pork will become a witness for the prosecution. He options are simple you talk and cooperate or off to the cage for a long time. This is a no-brainer for the Pork and his affiliates.
If brown bag gratuities deliveries were under State Police surveillance the recipients of such may not have a good day with indictments. It appears the FBI agents are nothing more than interested observers at this time but that could change in a blink of the eye.
This was 100% run by the FBI, DEA, and IRS Field Agents. This was run and executed by the Dept of Justice and Attorney General in conjunction withthe State Attorney General's office. These raidss have NOTHING to do with the Port.. only that many of the machines used in the Money laundering were housed in establishments in the area. Only a few... there were over 400 sites raided for these machines all around the East Coast,. Pork was a major player in a money laundering system in place for many years. He will never be heard from again.
The Iron Curtain of Slots

Elizabeth, PA

#153 Mar 5, 2013
Wrong again wrote:
<quoted text>
This was 100% run by the FBI, DEA, and IRS Field Agents. This was run and executed by the Dept of Justice and Attorney General in conjunction withthe State Attorney General's office. These raidss have NOTHING to do with the Port.. only that many of the machines used in the Money laundering were housed in establishments in the area. Only a few... there were over 400 sites raided for these machines all around the East Coast,. Pork was a major player in a money laundering system in place for many years. He will never be heard from again.
The news media did not mention any of the federal agencies you cited including ATF which you overlooked. It was the AG's dance and others just watched and could have covertly advised. Their day will arrive.

The Pork will be a star witness after he plea bargains or obtains immunity. The law is after fingering the bag money couriers and to whom the hush money was delivered. It is anticipated this may lead to elected offiials and high placed appointed compensated employees.

I heard 75 locations and 400 machines confiscated. Several if not all of the McKeesport locations have new machines operating like business as usual.

Councilman's Viking was back in business in a few days and that was his third raid. Who does he know besides the Mayor? This should be a ripe site and a the next target for the investigators. Will there be a forth raid?
Wrong again

United States

#154 Mar 5, 2013
None of this is centered on anything in the port. Thisis straight from the horses mouth! You people think the POrt is so ingrained in everyhting... it is so not on any radar of any federal agency. The isueis with a much larger party, and the port was only involved becasue of Porks machines at some of the locations. There are NO ramifications to the owners of the establishments... in fact,,, they were told they were not going to be prosecuted for illegal gambling pay outs. There is no search for a bag man delivering local politicialns anything... you are writing fiction again. This is a Federal Investigation... combining FBI, Secret Service, ATF,and IRS Agents. The PA Attorney General was made aware because this involves many people in PA... mostly in the Eastern half of the State. Pork is the one here they are squeezing so he can rollover. He has been identified as the weak link in the chain.
Confucius Say

Elizabeth, PA

#155 Mar 8, 2013
When you wallow with pigs, expect to get dirty.
Deep Inspiring Thoughts

Clairton, PA

#156 Mar 9, 2013
I need a candidate for a dangerous and highly secret political mission. I need a Machine candidate. Crush, crumble, destroy....beyotches!!!
Johnny

West Mifflin, PA

#157 Mar 9, 2013
i wanna name patterson ave after my wife's name pattie pissflips ave
Rename Brick Allley

Elizabeth, PA

#158 Mar 9, 2013
Johnny wrote:
i wanna name patterson ave after my wife's name pattie pissflips ave
They should name Brick Alley or Rose Street or Mary Ave after a noted actress in Gold Finger--Pussie Galore.
Turnpike Scandal Charges

Elizabeth, PA

#159 Mar 13, 2013
What the indicted turnpike employees did is not too different than what is going on in the City, MACM, RACM, Zoning Board, and MHA and all their pay for play vendors and maced employees.

The campaign financial reports of Brewster and Cherepko look like a city phone directory and vendors' list. MACM and MEMS even tried to get away will contributing over $700 but Mikey got exposed on this one and returned it.

I would like to know why the AG is not looking at Elash working on the clock for Cherepko and Brewster and all these pay for play schemes.

Again a turnpike key staffer was offered immunity and did his bosses in. The staffer now works for Senator Jay Costa. Given a choice a staffer will always turn on his boss(es) to save his/her own tail. I am sure that Habay, Veon, Fumo, DeWeese and Orie can all attest to that. Now there are eight more from the turnpike commission to add to the list of those nailed by a staffer enjoying immunity.

Maybe Mikey and Jason were not too wise to fire and demean Mr. Pittman and Mr. Rost and threaten others who may have inside information?

http://www.ldnews.com/ci_22779633/ag-files-cr...
Troublemaker

Pittsburgh, PA

#160 Mar 13, 2013
Turnpike Scandal Charges wrote:
What the indicted turnpike employees did is not too different than what is going on in the City, MACM, RACM, Zoning Board, and MHA and all their pay for play vendors and maced employees.
The campaign financial reports of Brewster and Cherepko look like a city phone directory and vendors' list. MACM and MEMS even tried to get away will contributing over $700 but Mikey got exposed on this one and returned it.
I would like to know why the AG is not looking at Elash working on the clock for Cherepko and Brewster and all these pay for play schemes.
Again a turnpike key staffer was offered immunity and did his bosses in. The staffer now works for Senator Jay Costa. Given a choice a staffer will always turn on his boss(es) to save his/her own tail. I am sure that Habay, Veon, Fumo, DeWeese and Orie can all attest to that. Now there are eight more from the turnpike commission to add to the list of those nailed by a staffer enjoying immunity.
Maybe Mikey and Jason were not too wise to fire and demean Mr. Pittman and Mr. Rost and threaten others who may have inside information?
http://www.ldnews.com/ci_22779633/ag-files-cr...
Oh please... don't start crying about Pittman. He's as filthy as the rest of them. The only difference is that he's smart enough to be the first one to sing. That doesn't make him a choir boy, just how to be first.

By the way, does Lou work for PennDOT or the Turnpike Commission?
Chickens Come Home Roost

Elizabeth, PA

#161 Mar 14, 2013
Troublemaker wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please... don't start crying about Pittman. He's as filthy as the rest of them. The only difference is that he's smart enough to be the first one to sing. That doesn't make him a choir boy, just how to be first.
Is he smart or are the others too stupid and inexperienced? Next time, if given another chance, they would not let the solicitor encourge decisions like firing Pittman and Rost. Too late now to try to unring the bell. I hope and bet they are or will be willing to sing -- good advice solicitor.

Lou was fired by one or two of the big guys indicted!
mike ference

Pittsburgh, PA

#162 Mar 14, 2013
Troublemaker wrote:
<quoted text>
Lou Washowich was rewarded with a job at the Turnpike Commission for helping to cover up crimes associated with the sexual abuse of innocent children. Jimmy Brewster spearheded the campaign to make sure Washowich would be entitled to a pension from McKeesport that he had not earned. It's all coming out.
Actionable Wrongdoing

Elizabeth, PA

#163 Mar 14, 2013
mike ference wrote:
<quoted text>
Lou Washowich was rewarded with a job at the Turnpike Commission for helping to cover up crimes associated with the sexual abuse of innocent children. Jimmy Brewster spearheded the campaign to make sure Washowich would be entitled to a pension from McKeesport that he had not earned. It's all coming out.
Mr. Ference:

Interesting theories but there is no substantial proof or evidence.

Coming out does not equate to indictments.

I believe the Port might be most vulnerable to wrongdoings and macing of employees and vendors to contribute to their political campaigns.
mike ference

Pittsburgh, PA

#164 Mar 14, 2013
Actionable Wrongdoing wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Ference:
Interesting theories but there is no substantial proof or evidence.
Coming out does not equate to indictments.
I believe the Port might be most vulnerable to wrongdoings and macing of employees and vendors to contribute to their political campaigns.
Looks ike I may have tarnished Lou Washowich's unblemished record of superior public service. No doubt he'll want to start immediate jucial proceedings to end my ranting. Unless of course he needs to save his funds for other legal manueverings.
Troublemaker

Pittsburgh, PA

#165 Mar 14, 2013
mike ference wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, does that bring back memories. I remember the lawsuit some citizens were trying to file to prevent Lou from collecting that pension. The lawyer was not from Allegheny County but was licensed to practice here, so he would not be a target of retaliation by the local judges in future cases.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Austin davis 17 hr Glenn 6
Parking (Aug '13) 17 hr Glenn 36
Rite Aid, Everyone is a Theif... Mon Robogrip 14
Runaway truck damages garage in Port Vue Mon Rain Dance 2
Poll What caused the lowered quality of this think t... (Aug '11) Sun Glenn 72
Review: Kyoto Health Spa (Sep '11) Sun Glenn 18
DiMarco for Code Enforcer Sun Glenn 6

McKeesport Jobs

Personal Finance

McKeesport Mortgages