Mayor Cherepko Chastizes City Official!
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
John Gotti

Pittsburgh, PA

#229 Sep 10, 2013
Censorship Galore wrote:
<quoted text>
The local media has been ordered not to report this just like his involvement in the Cornell School sex scandal.
The editor in chief JB censored this topic to protect Mikey.
That's why I get my news elsewhere. Where do I send my resume, I want to apply for the opening for mayor of McKeesport.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/local/sta...
Per PPG

Mckeesport, PA

#230 Sep 11, 2013
Old Blue Eyes wrote:
<quoted text> Why isn't the media reporting on this? That's more than Brewster and Gergely reported!!!
How's this for a media report:

Mr. Melocchi boasts on the wiretap about his connections in McKeesport with the mayor.

"It's sweet. Me and the mayor are like this, I let, I do whatever I want in that town." Mr. Melocchi said.

Whether that was mere braggadocio or truthful commentary is unknown. McKeesport Mayor Mike Cherepko has declined interview requests. But his solicitor, J. Jason Elash, said the mayor and Mr. Melocchi were only acquaintances.

Campaign finance records show that Mr. Melocchi contributed a total of $3,650 to Mr. Cherepko's campaign in 2011 and 2012, and Mr. Melocchi's wife donated another $400.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/local/sta...
Mayor Mike

West Mifflin, PA

#231 Sep 11, 2013
Per PPG wrote:
<quoted text>How's this for a media report:
Mr. Melocchi boasts on the wiretap about his connections in McKeesport with the mayor.
"It's sweet. Me and the mayor are like this, I let, I do whatever I want in that town." Mr. Melocchi said.
Whether that was mere braggadocio or truthful commentary is unknown. McKeesport Mayor Mike Cherepko has declined interview requests. But his solicitor, J. Jason Elash, said the mayor and Mr. Melocchi were only acquaintances.
Campaign finance records show that Mr. Melocchi contributed a total of $3,650 to Mr. Cherepko's campaign in 2011 and 2012, and Mr. Melocchi's wife donated another $400.
Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/local/sta...
So, is the mayor going to give that money back like brewster and gergely or donate it to his favorite charity the MDC? LOL!
Mayor Mike

West Mifflin, PA

#232 Sep 11, 2013
I never smelled urine soaked socks and shoes,bet they stink.
The Janitor

Mckeesport, PA

#233 Sep 11, 2013
Mayor Mike wrote:
I never smelled urine soaked socks and shoes,bet they stink.
And, the urine soaked plush carpet in office adds to the odor.

Not, to mention the carpet in the black luxury SUV Tahoe.

Yea, Mike should have a lot of tears streaming down both legs. But he is lawyered up with a prominent attorney so all should be well.

He better hope the Ms. D. Appeals Court victory does not revitalize the Cornell School sex scandal cover up because some of those involved in it are mentioned in the video machines investigations.
Telephone Pole

United States

#234 Sep 11, 2013
Are they looking at mayor for a minute Rege? He is part owner of the EBA club and runs the machines at the American legion. EBA has them right now based on city records! Same as legion!
Dr KillDare

Pittsburgh, PA

#235 Sep 11, 2013
Brewster and Cherepko have been placed on a suicide watch. Well wishers have hired Dr. Kivirkian to come to McKeesport. Donations are being accepted to purchase overdosages of sleeping pills, hangmen's ropes, etc.
More than a kiss

Fombell, PA

#236 Sep 11, 2013
Consider the video raids official. Johnny J. Elash always was immature and arrogant to McKeesport residents.

He shuffled away wheelchair riders and negatively avoided city curb cuts.
http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/local/nei...

In 2004, Mr. Robertson and two other McKeesport residents, Margaret Stokes and John Konar, sued the city for violating the 1990 Americans with Disabilities Act. The law requires that public facilities be accessible to people with physical limitations.

John J. Elash ignored letters from the disabled until they went to a disability organization. He made one of his flowery simple excuses to get out of trouble as usual. Regis T. McLaughlin fired John Elash whom represents McKeesport as solicitor.

Malinchak takes aim at McKeesport council's attorney
Published: Tuesday, Feb. 15, 2011,

In a memo made public over the weekend, city controller Raymond Malinchak said he may hire a lawyer to investigate J. Jason Elash, who was fired Dec. 31 as city attorney by Mayor Regis T. McLaughlin. Malinchak is alleging "a multitude of very troublesome and questionable matters" involving Elash, who is backed by council president Michael Cherepko and three of six other city councilors.

"These range from misrepresentation of the number of vehicles insured (to) disinterest by the former city solicitor to file a $30,000 deed transfer tax lien," Malinchak wrote to Cherepko and other officials. Cherepko said Malinchak would need council's approval to hire any staff. He also decried how "certain individuals are so willing to shine a negative light on this city and to give this city a black eye for their own political interests."

Read more: http://triblive.com/x/dailynewsmckeesport/s_7...

Ex-McKeesport Solicitor Confirms He Faces Federal Liens
Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
March 4, 2011 | Cloonan, Patrick

The attorney removed by Mayor Regis T. McLaughlin as McKeesport solicitor, J. Jason Elash, confirmed that he faces liens totaling almost $120,000 from the Internal Revenue Service.
http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-28109828.html

McKeesport solicitor Elash pleads guilty to reduced charges from crash
March 4, 2013 12:31 pm
By Annie Siebert / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/local/nei...

Investigations are asked for by McKeesporters. Investigators need to listen to Ray Malinchak and the Odenthal family members.
More than a kiss

Fombell, PA

#237 Sep 11, 2013
Mayor Mike wrote:
<quoted text>So, is the mayor going to give that money back like brewster and gergely or donate it to his favorite charity the MDC? LOL!
They did, Gergely did it for them. If the are involved in illegal gambling why would they tell the truth about under the table money? All criminal profiteering are under the table income. This is one of the dirty secret that had McKeesport politicians catering to some McKeesport residents.

The politicians didn't want any dimes dropped on them to expose the criminal activity.

McKeesport PA is a corrupt politician city.
White Lightning

Rochester, PA

#238 Sep 11, 2013
But they are only talking about 1 (one) year . What about the illegal monies , donations & golf outings they sucked up over the last - oh let's say - TWENTY YEARS. All tax free . Isn't the IRS getting involved ?? Why not ??
Susie

West Mifflin, PA

#239 Sep 11, 2013
Dr KillDare wrote:
Brewster and Cherepko have been placed on a suicide watch. Well wishers have hired Dr. Kivirkian to come to McKeesport. Donations are being accepted to purchase overdosages of sleeping pills, hangmen's ropes, etc.
JB in this whole investigation will come out of it with a bump or two,that's about it.he covered his tracked fairly well, except for a few quotes that he slipped up on in the newspapers,but he will be fine,watch n see. the guy you really want to get sweating is him, he's as cool as a cucumber
Susie

West Mifflin, PA

#240 Sep 11, 2013
White Lightning wrote:
But they are only talking about 1 (one) year . What about the illegal monies , donations & golf outings they sucked up over the last - oh let's say - TWENTY YEARS. All tax free . Isn't the IRS getting involved ?? Why not ??
they will never link illegal money from real money
so pork gave contributions out to politicians,no harm no foul.lots of people do that ( give political leaders contributions )
as far as paying for food for events, golf outings, pro sports tickets,hell i get those perks from my employer from time to time. i couldnt tell you if i get those perks from gambling money or my employers legal money
Teflon Jimmy

Mckeesport, PA

#241 Sep 11, 2013
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>JB in this whole investigation will come out of it with a bump or two,that's about it.he covered his tracked fairly well, except for a few quotes that he slipped up on in the newspapers,but he will be fine,watch n see. the guy you really want to get sweating is him, he's as cool as a cucumber
Yep, cool as DeWeese, Veon, Orie sisters, Habay, Perzel, Fumo, Mellow, etc all served time are serving time in the cage.

Wait until the to be former Councilman Dan Carr and the three embedded informants provide their information on the benevolent Senator. The cool cucumber will wilt.
Not So Fast

Dravosburg, PA

#242 Sep 11, 2013
Brewster said something to the effect that the money was donated to a golf outing and that money from those outings go to a lot of charities. Really? That shouldn't be too hard to find a public paper trail for. He mentioned nothing of giving the full amount to a charity like Gergely did (after the fact). You have to read between the lines to get to the truth when he is speaking.
White Lightning

Rochester, PA

#243 Sep 11, 2013
Then you're ratting yourself out . If it exceeds $25 dollars - it must be reported as income . You wouldn't happen to be a democrat , would ya ? And likely liberal as well .
Scandal Doctor at Work

Mckeesport, PA

#244 Sep 11, 2013
Not So Fast wrote:
Brewster said something to the effect that the money was donated to a golf outing and that money from those outings go to a lot of charities. Really? That shouldn't be too hard to find a public paper trail for. He mentioned nothing of giving the full amount to a charity like Gergely did (after the fact). You have to read between the lines to get to the truth when he is speaking.
When does he ever speak the truth -- what MPD overtime scandal?
fence sitter

West Mifflin, PA

#245 Sep 11, 2013
White Lightning wrote:
Then you're ratting yourself out . If it exceeds $25 dollars - it must be reported as income . You wouldn't happen to be a democrat , would ya ? And likely liberal as well .
actually im non union like you are and a registered independent. both parties are corrupt . crime doesnt discriminate against one party
Karma at its Best

Mckeesport, PA

#246 Sep 11, 2013
I finally heard on the street that the city official that Mayor Mike chastised some time ago was the Controller.

Should the Controller now be chastising Mayor Mike for giving control of the City to the Pork Chop and accepting his and his spouse's $4050 contribution?

The Controller should be looking at the match up of how many machines were licensed vs. the number of machines confiscated. Was the count low balled because the Pork Chop can do what ever he wants?

What say you Mr. Mayor?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election year 2 hr lifetimeporter 39
Mon Valley monsters aka government workers 2 hr Tax Man 11
Queeg is Elaina 2 hr Queeg 18
city of mckeesport promotes and gives office ma... 4 hr Porky Mania 8
Coulterville Cemetery in McKeesport (Oct '10) Tue Bathtub fart 36
News 5 Plead Guilty In Alleged Mon Valley Gambling Ring (Apr '14) Mar 20 Sir Repko 70
Leave it to the Catholic Church to cover-up a c... Mar 18 Mike Ference 1

McKeesport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

McKeesport Mortgages