Mayor Cherepko Chastizes City Official!
Message 4 Today

Mckeesport, PA

#188 May 11, 2013
Confucius Say"

"The antidotes for narcissism, bullishness, and corruption are subpoenas, indictments. convictions, and incarcerations."

The antidote worked to perfection for Bill DeWeese and Mike Veon.

They are now temporally cured of this cursed political plague that eventually afflicts many of the cocky and careless elitists elected power brokers.
Not Cool at all

Kabul, Afghanistan

#189 May 11, 2013
Message 4 Today wrote:
Confucius Say"
"The antidotes for narcissism, bullishness, and corruption are subpoenas, indictments. convictions, and incarcerations."
The antidote worked to perfection for Bill DeWeese and Mike Veon.
They are now temporally cured of this cursed political plague that eventually afflicts many of the cocky and careless elitists elected power brokers.
Why do you seek to belittle Asians? Bet you were the guy that used to hang out in the Thai Food restaurant and say, "Me Chinese...Me play joke....me put pee pee in your coke". Real brilliant strategy...make racist jokes. Classy.......NOT!!!!!!
Message 4 Today

Mckeesport, PA

#190 May 12, 2013
Not Cool at all wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you seek to belittle Asians? Bet you were the guy that used to hang out in the Thai Food restaurant and say, "Me Chinese...Me play joke....me put pee pee in your coke". Real brilliant strategy...make racist jokes. Classy.......NOT!!!!!!
Confucius Say"

"One Man cannot belittle by words any man who by natural physical dimensions and evolution is diminutive in configuration but propounds colossal intellectual wisdom.”
Machine Sweep Victory

Mckeesport, PA

#191 May 21, 2013
The machine sweep the ticket.

Congratulations to the senator for a flawless campaign for your daughter. You worked very hard for her success and control of council. We tip our hats to you.

A job well done -- how did you ever lose to former Mayor Kucich by seven votes with your enormous political power base?
Plunkadellics

Springfield, NJ

#192 May 21, 2013
Machine Sweep Victory wrote:
The machine sweep the ticket.
Congratulations to the senator for a flawless campaign for your daughter. You worked very hard for her success and control of council. We tip our hats to you.
A job well done -- how did you ever lose to former Mayor Kucich by seven votes with your enormous political power base?
He didn't lose the election you a-hole. His people lost it.
More Popular than JC

Mckeesport, PA

#193 May 22, 2013
MC and JB and the machine may have had a very successful political election day this week. The machine and its followers are awesome and insurmountable. We congratulate you are your organizational skills.

But the law enforcement authorities chipping away at the seemingly untouchable City and Mob Valley corruption centers came out way ahead this week according to street rumors. Only these authorities know if and when dreaded indictments will ensue.
More Popular than JC

Mckeesport, PA

#194 May 22, 2013
Plunkadellics wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't lose the election you a-hole. His people lost it.
I guess he lost because he was not more popular than JC this time.
CCD Baby

Kabul, Afghanistan

#195 May 22, 2013
Bendover and receive the Machine's version of JC, beyotches. Crush. Crumble. Destroy....to a hip hop beat. Word to ya muthah....
Lol

Presto, PA

#196 May 22, 2013
It was nice to see our great mayor handing out cards for the endorsed on our tax dollar time in our tax dollar Tahoe, just like our beloved senator JB sitting at the polls all day for his daughter as any parent would do.
Troublemaker

Pittsburgh, PA

#197 May 22, 2013
Lol wrote:
It was nice to see our great mayor handing out cards for the endorsed on our tax dollar time in our tax dollar Tahoe, just like our beloved senator JB sitting at the polls all day for his daughter as any parent would do.
What was her quote in the Snooze today? "It's all about family"? That's the problem.
Above the Law

Mckeesport, PA

#198 May 22, 2013
Lol wrote:
If the disposed and former Pittsburgh Police Chief was advised by the FBI that he could NOT take his drug raid seized SUV home, then why is Mayor Cherepko driving 24/7 a Tahoe purchased with drug seized monies and he is not even qualified police officer? He takes the SUV home, makes out of town trips to restaurants and enjoys personal use with family on weekends.

Answer: Like the senator and his disgraced 2X DUI solicitor he soars way above the law. The fired Pittsburgh Police Chief no longer soars in that stratosphere because he was grounded by the authorities and subpoenas.
Not For Long

Dravosburg, PA

#199 May 22, 2013
Above the Law wrote:
<quoted text>
If the disposed and former Pittsburgh Police Chief was advised by the FBI that he could NOT take his drug raid seized SUV home, then why is Mayor Cherepko driving 24/7 a Tahoe purchased with drug seized monies and he is not even qualified police officer? He takes the SUV home, makes out of town trips to restaurants and enjoys personal use with family on weekends.
Answer: Like the senator and his disgraced 2X DUI solicitor he soars way above the law. The fired Pittsburgh Police Chief no longer soars in that stratosphere because he was grounded by the authorities and subpoenas.
Isn't that similar to the activities that led to the downfall of Pittsburgh's boy Mayor?
Say What

Dravosburg, PA

#200 May 22, 2013
“I'm very proud of what our endorsed candidates did, regardless of the outcome,” Mayor Michael Cherepko said.“Anytime you have two take on incumbents with candidates who are new faces to the political arena, it's a challenge.”

Tedesco and Soles didn't seem to have any problem when they beat incumbents. They led their respective tickets. The endorsement hurt Barry.
I Like Mike

Dravosburg, PA

#201 May 22, 2013
Above the Law wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt if the Mayor would be foolish enough to make such a purchase without a majority council vote and all the proper signatures on the check.
City SUV Corruption

Mckeesport, PA

#202 May 23, 2013
Not For Long wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that similar to the activities that led to the downfall of Pittsburgh's boy Mayor?
Yes the City transgressions are somewhat similar but much more significant. Three SUVs are involved in the illegal purchases without the consent of Council.

The City mayor's personal 24/7 use of the drug money funded SUV is in conflict with DOJ guidelines. But, he is always above the law and gets away with it. Mayor Luke would never survive something like this without media exposure. They media nailed him when he used a Pgh issued vehicle to take his family out of the city to a concert.

Recall that the McKeesport mayor accepted political contributions from MACM and MEMS until the DN reported it. He quietly returned the two contributions. He is above the law, but got caught on this one. Public election campaign records will confirm this.

The Pittsburgh mayor and former Pittsburgh police chief episodes were covered by the Pittsburgh news media and are being investigated by the authorities.

Conversely, the blanket of silence and cover-up prevails in the City and the local news media is holding this situation in abeyance.

And, apparently no one has requested the authorities to investigate this one. So, the beat goes on. The mayor controls council majority so no will raise the question at a council meeting.

Where are you Marty Griffin and Pittsburgh news media when the Port needs you?
Facts R Facts

Mckeesport, PA

#203 May 28, 2013
I Like Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt if the Mayor would be foolish enough to make such a purchase without a majority council vote and all the proper signatures on the check.
But that is exactly what he did and got exposed on this blog.

If no one files a complaint or brings it up at a council meeting he gets away with it like his friend/fireman who used city equipment for personal business at a DMJ's office, cover-up of MACM copper thieves, and using a City SUV for political and personal purposes.
Above The Law

Dravosburg, PA

#204 May 28, 2013
Facts R Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
But that is exactly what he did and got exposed on this blog.
If no one files a complaint or brings it up at a council meeting he gets away with it like his friend/fireman who used city equipment for personal business at a DMJ's office, cover-up of MACM copper thieves, and using a City SUV for political and personal purposes.
I can't believe the controller would such a check without council approval at a minimum. He's refused to sign questionable checks in the past. Was the Mayor guilty of an abuse of power by going around the required controller signature? This sounds like a huge problem for him if he did.
Let There Be Light

Mckeesport, PA

#205 May 28, 2013
Above The Law wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't believe the controller would such a check without council approval at a minimum. He's refused to sign questionable checks in the past. Was the Mayor guilty of an abuse of power by going around the required controller signature? This sounds like a huge problem for him if he did.
It is only a problem if someone files a complaint with the proper authorities. This most likely will not happen because the mayor has council majority in his pocket. Council majority is not interested in this because it may not bode well for their boss. I doubt any citizen is willing to take on the political dynasty with the risk of retaliation.

Yes, it is an abuse of authority and arrogance mixed with some stupidity. I cannot believe that the deputy mayor gave him advice to trash the law and think is would not be discovered.

It is a humongous problem because it involves federal funds expenditures without the consent of council and two required legal signature on the checks for three SUVs.

But as usual the mayor will get away with it like the solicitor beat his second DUI. Their stars always seem to line up right.
Oh Canada Mob Valley

Mckeesport, PA

#206 Jun 17, 2013
Michael Applebaum, Montreal's Interim Mayor, Arrested On Fraud Charges

By BENJAMIN SHINGLER 06/17/13 02:42 PM ET EDT AP

MONTREAL — Montreal's interim mayor, a man who vowed to clean up the corruption scandals rocking the city, is now facing fraud charges himself.

Michael Applebaum faces 14 charges, including defrauding government, abuse of confidence and corruption in municipal affairs.

Applebaum was arrested at his home early Monday. He took over as interim mayor of Canada's second-largest city last November after former mayor Gerald Tremblay resigned amid corruption allegations.

"The corruption and collusion will no longer be tolerated," Robert Lafreniere, the head of Quebec's anti-corruption unit, told a news conference.

"No one is above the law and you cannot hide from the law."

Applebaum, 50, is the latest in a long list of Quebec politicians and businesses to come under scrutiny in recent months.

The province is in the middle of a high-profile public inquiry that has uncovered links between the construction industry and organized crime.

The charges against Applebaum stem from alleged acts that occurred before he became mayor. While officials offered few details, they said they relate to real estate projects between 2006 and 2011 when he served as borough mayor.

Now, local politicians and Quebec's provincial government are calling on Applebaum to step down.

Jean-Fran&#65533;ois Lisee, the provincial cabinet minister responsible for the city, told reporters Monday Applebaum should do "the responsible thing" for the good of the city.

Denis Coderre, a longtime federal politician and a mayoral candidate in the fall election, said Montrealers shouldn't get too discouraged.

"The rotten apples, they'll be taken out," he told reporters. "But we can't put everyone in the same basket."

Applebaum had promised not to run in the upcoming election, slated for this November. But his appointment was enough to make history: he became the first Anglophone mayor of the city in exactly 100 years.

Signs of trouble arrived soon afterward.

Anti-corruption officials raided Montreal's city hall last February. They also targeted offices in various boroughs, including the one Applebaum represented for many years.

Applebaum has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing.

His arrest comes just a month after Gilles Vaillancourt, the former longtime mayor of neighboring Laval, was arrested on corruption charges.

The provincial police allege that the city hall Vaillancourt led was essentially a criminal organization, with officials there allegedly enriching themselves off local construction deals.

The situation was so bad that the Quebec government placed Laval under trusteeship.

In the neighboring province of Ontario Toronto Mayor Rob Ford, who leads Canada's largest city, is facing unrelated allegations that he appeared in a video smoking crack cocaine. The video has not been released publicly.
Cox Ucker

West Mifflin, PA

#207 Jun 17, 2013
the mayor of intercourse ,Pa was caught masturbating in the ladies lounge last year, he wore a wig and pantyhose,now he's in deep sh!t.
How could a high official be caught and nailed to the cross on a minor infraction?
It's silly!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Class Reunions? Are they worth going to? Sat Mark 8
Fawn Walker for State Represenative??? Will you... (Jun '15) Sat Themis 176
South Allegheny School Kids Get Bullied (Oct '12) Sep 23 Hypocrite Much 49
Clown Sep 23 Killary 4 Jail 3
Glassport Hoagies Sep 22 Killary 4 Jail 2
Serra looking to cover-up, again (Feb '16) Sep 21 Mike Ference 71
I love Mckeesport Sep 20 Candyman 18

McKeesport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance