Has brewster been Good or Bad for Mck...

Has brewster been Good or Bad for Mckeesport

Created by Real Shadow on Jun 12, 2009

1,425 votes

Click on an option to vote

Good

Bad

Decent

Crook

Liar

So-So

No clue

A Taker

Worst mayor in a long time

Self Serving Dictator

First Prev
of 18
Next Last
Twelve Gauge

Mckeesport, PA

#1 Jul 4, 2009
All mayors have had their problems.
White Lightning

Mckeesport, PA

#2 Jul 4, 2009
Not directed as an attack on Brewster, but it
seems today that nearly all politicians, especially at state & federal levels are seen as
'self-serving dictators'. They become prostitutes
to those groups,companies & individuals that can
feed their campaign coffers & the voters concerns
are pushed aside. Greed then takes over & after that their only concern is to please their'pimps'
& get themselves re-elected. This is why term limts are needed so badly to control them.
FREEDOM APlus

AOL

#3 Jul 4, 2009
White Lightning wrote:
Not directed as an attack on Brewster, but it
seems today that nearly all politicians, especially at state & federal levels are seen as
'self-serving dictators'. They become prostitutes
to those groups,companies & individuals that can
feed their campaign coffers & the voters concerns
are pushed aside. Greed then takes over & after that their only concern is to please their'pimps'
& get themselves re-elected. This is why term limts are needed so badly to control them.
One more reason, why "being friends with everone" has its disadvantages. Old school to me would be William Wallace of Scotland serving the people, oweing no one anything, to be free. Jesus did the same, all of the truly serving heroes had enemied, owed no one and kept serving people in true to form living examples.

Both died for beliefs, and both for us to be free, Christ overcame death however.

Feeding the campaign seems to be a way of "making friends with everyone," of which we have to be very careful. I would ask, who would be my friend and always be helpful should anything happen, emergency or otherwise. These friends, true to serving others - I would more option to support. They may be far and few between, but they do exist, even at various politician levels.

Not for people to give a title, but for the ones who have such to serve the people truthfully.

Some of the best servants to people, doing well by others actually have no title at all.
Quite Thunder

AOL

#4 Jul 4, 2009
White Lightning wrote:
This is why term limts are needed so badly to control them.
So true, and it should be only ONE TERM for ALL local, state, and federal offices. This is the only viable solution to reduce corruption and voter disrespect. This is the only way to improve our government and attain voter respect and more trust of elected officials.

They can run again if they sit out a term.

Today, the first term is used to ensure subsequent elections. We see that ever day on TV and locally.

Also a one term side benefits to the taxpayer is no big pension. One term disrupts (not eliminates) friendly relationships with all vendors and supplies and nepotism.

Many would be delighted to see if any politician at any level has the courage to support such a public referendum.

The only thing stopping the referendum is the FEAR of one term only, i.e. job security.

Obviously, the state representativesí term should be extended to four years.

“Truth Will Set Us Free”

Since: May 08

Mckeesport

#5 Jul 4, 2009
No knock on the Mayor. I do support term limits, just as we have for Commander in Chief. 2 and done. If elected Mayor, I will push that to a Referendum to amend the Home Rule Charter on this issue.

Additionally, our HRC does not draw a clear line of succession. Council decides on the next Mayor. Can you see 7 people getting one vote each? Too funny. Then again, they did have such a line in Pittsburgh and look what happened...

Paul
White Lightning

Mckeesport, PA

#6 Jul 6, 2009
Term limits would be the voting taxpayers best
chance of controlling these 'career politicians.'
IMO, there is little difference between them & the
ones who make a career out of welfare. Except, these parasites wear suits & ties. The Pres. can only serve 2 terms, same as the governor, thank God. So why should mayors or more especially those in the Senate & the House be allowed to stay
there until they turn rancid. Vote them out.

debbie

United States

#7 Jul 6, 2009
I want to vote for All Talk, Little Action.
Friends of Paul Shelly

Belle Vernon, PA

#8 Jul 7, 2009
Any citizen can get a petition signed by enough people to institute a Referendum on the ballot. Check with the Allegheny County Elections Department if you are interested. Our candidate will NOT push this issue until he has secured the Democratic Nomination for Mayor in 2011 at which point he is committed to doing this. He'd much rather face the present mayor head to head than beat him by default or referendum.

-Team Sluggo
FREEDOM APlus

AOL

#9 Jul 8, 2009
debbie wrote:
I want to vote for All Talk, Little Action.
Yeah: All Talk, Little Action isn't an option you placed. That would be the best, logical option in the matter. We have had numerous promises, no results from any of them. Exciter71 is more likely to be seen picking up a friend twice or more a month than any of the current promises to become any form of truth as in the past.

All Talk, Little Action, best possible truth and very comical for the funny papers. Let's vote for a funny papers section for Mckeesport - at least then you could laugh for a while on reading the newspaper while everyone recalls false promises never come true that were intentionally made long ago.
FREEDOM APlus

AOL

#10 Jul 8, 2009
27th street? How about 29th?(Laughs out loud)

“Truth Will Set Us Free”

Mckeesport

#11 Jul 8, 2009
It is easy for any of us to cast stones. I don't agree with the Mayor on all issues, beliefs or policies.

I would bet though, that we do have more in common than in difference.

If we didn't both love Mckeesport, why would we subject ourselves and our families to all of the attacks and innuendo.

I am running for Mayor, npot because JB is doing a bad job, but beccause I believe i can do better.

I'll tell you this, I do believe we need a State Senator from mckeesprt someday soon and I believe Jim would be a good one. Should Sean run and win for County Executive, which I pray he does, I will support Jim Brewster for Sean's seat wholeheartedly and without reservation.

It would be good for Mckeesport to have him there and I believe he'd shine in that position. Jim's kids are grown and he is at a good point in his career to help fix things in harrisburg and brong home the bacon for Mckeesport and all of the Mon Valley.

I believe Wayne Kucich's single biggest mistake was NOT to support Jim for State Senate. had he, he'd likely still be Mayor and we'd have a hometown voice in Harrisburg, fighting for us. I'm not knocking Sean Logan. He's an excellent Senator but his heart has to be in Monroeville. Wouldn't yours be if you were from there?

All Politics is local. Good Politicians ALWAYS take care of their own first.

I believe we have some great young talent in McKeesport that can go far in politics. That contributed to my decision to support Fawn and AJ this past May. They are young enough, bright enough and likeable enough to go far in the future.

Marc Gergely is doing a good job for us in harrisbrg. Bill Kortz is as well and i believe we need to propel hin to the U.S. Senate.
Sean can be our next County Exec. The day he announces, if he announces, I'll be his biggest supporter. Fawn, AJ and some other young folks here that I can't mention yet could serve us at the County, State or Fed in later years.

Me?

I just want to be Mayor and make a difference here. Since I can't be the varsity boys basketball coach (that job is in capable hands) i am more than happy to settle for my second choice in life. In reality, I've been running for that job since November of 1999. I've been preparing and planning ever since.

If and when I gain that office at your pleasure, believe me, I'll be ready.

God and Voter's willing, I'll get that chance soon.

Be Blessed and Be Safe,

Paul
Ray Finkle

Pittsburgh, PA

#12 Jul 8, 2009
Sluggo wrote:
It is easy for any of us to cast stones. I don't agree with the Mayor on all issues, beliefs or policies.
I would bet though, that we do have more in common than in difference.
If we didn't both love Mckeesport, why would we subject ourselves and our families to all of the attacks and innuendo.
I am running for Mayor, npot because JB is doing a bad job, but beccause I believe i can do better.
I'll tell you this, I do believe we need a State Senator from mckeesprt someday soon and I believe Jim would be a good one. Should Sean run and win for County Executive, which I pray he does, I will support Jim Brewster for Sean's seat wholeheartedly and without reservation.
It would be good for Mckeesport to have him there and I believe he'd shine in that position. Jim's kids are grown and he is at a good point in his career to help fix things in harrisburg and brong home the bacon for Mckeesport and all of the Mon Valley.
I believe Wayne Kucich's single biggest mistake was NOT to support Jim for State Senate. had he, he'd likely still be Mayor and we'd have a hometown voice in Harrisburg, fighting for us. I'm not knocking Sean Logan. He's an excellent Senator but his heart has to be in Monroeville. Wouldn't yours be if you were from there?
All Politics is local. Good Politicians ALWAYS take care of their own first.
I believe we have some great young talent in McKeesport that can go far in politics. That contributed to my decision to support Fawn and AJ this past May. They are young enough, bright enough and likeable enough to go far in the future.
Marc Gergely is doing a good job for us in harrisbrg. Bill Kortz is as well and i believe we need to propel hin to the U.S. Senate.
Sean can be our next County Exec. The day he announces, if he announces, I'll be his biggest supporter. Fawn, AJ and some other young folks here that I can't mention yet could serve us at the County, State or Fed in later years.
Me?
I just want to be Mayor and make a difference here. Since I can't be the varsity boys basketball coach (that job is in capable hands) i am more than happy to settle for my second choice in life. In reality, I've been running for that job since November of 1999. I've been preparing and planning ever since.
If and when I gain that office at your pleasure, believe me, I'll be ready.
God and Voter's willing, I'll get that chance soon.
Be Blessed and Be Safe,
Paul
Oh boy, someone is back on his meds and towing the company line! YOU'RE PART OF THE MACHINE!!!!
Whatever

Mckeesport, PA

#13 Jul 8, 2009
Ray Finkle wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh boy, someone is back on his meds and towing the company line! YOU'RE PART OF THE MACHINE!!!!
Having never been endorsed, and targetted by folks like you in the last election, I doubt Mr. Shelly is part of the machine.

He's damned with you if he's critical, he's damned if he's positive.

Maybe you need to get back on your meds?

Maybe Paul is just fully recovered from his illness now. This sounds to me like the Paul I voted for in 2005.

Welcome back Sluggo!

“Truth Will Set Us Free”

Mckeesport

#14 Jul 8, 2009
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Having never been endorsed, and targetted by folks like you in the last election, I doubt Mr. Shelly is part of the machine.
He's damned with you if he's critical, he's damned if he's positive.
Maybe you need to get back on your meds?
Maybe Paul is just fully recovered from his illness now. This sounds to me like the Paul I voted for in 2005.
Welcome back Sluggo!
Thanks W.,

Don't waste your energy trying to understand a hater. If i walked acro\ss the Yough to Port Vue, they'd complain I didn't run... ;)

Focus on what you can do to make things better in your life and your town.

Yeah, maybe i am back to full strength. Maybe i was kidding myself to think I was up for a Council run. I'm just not one to go down without a fight I guess.

It's amazing what a lot of physical activity, elimination of sources of stress and a little bit of sleep can do you for you.

I feel stronger everyday and more like myself.

Thanks!

Paul
debbie

United States

#15 Jul 8, 2009
Sluggo wrote:

I believe Wayne Kucich's single biggest mistake was NOT to support Jim for State Senate. had he, he'd likely still be Mayor and we'd have a hometown voice in Harrisburg, fighting for us. I'm not knocking Sean Logan. He's an excellent Senator but his heart has to be in Monroeville.
Paul
I agree with you 95% of the time, Paul, but I will always disagree with you on Brewster's qualifications. NOBODY knows who Jim Brewster is outside of McKeesport. As long as the town has the reputation it does, its mayor, whoever that is, will never be known outside of the city. No mayor is going to get elected to a higher office if he or she can't clean up their own town. It's just that simple in the world of politics.

Sean's got a state-level office, probably looking to keep it or aspiring to a higher office. Why should he take a step backwards and run for a county office? Logan serves his district, and I say that as somebody who's gone to his office for assistance a number of times, and never once felt like a second-class constituent because I'm not from Monroeville.

Your Monroeville-loyalty and Kucich-not-supporting-Brewster comments are reasons why this area is in the trouble it is. This territorial $h!t and neighborhood bully crap is childish beyond belief. When Mrkonic represented this area, it was because McKeesport was a Mon Valley force to be reckoned with. It got carved up when the industries and population no longer justified it as a district. I've read "and the Wolf Finally Came"; McKeesport's current situation is due in part to the county and others thinking we got what was coming to us.

I know too many people around the county who laugh when they see and hear McKeesport strut around like we're still the center of the universe: The neighborhood bully who got his dupa kicked and still walks around threatening people.

If you want McKeesport to be the second city of the county again, get elected, clean up the town to restore its reputation, and MEND FENCES.
White Lightning

Mckeesport, PA

#17 Jul 12, 2009
Debbie's right. As sad as it is, McKeesport at one time was the hub of about 17 boroughs in the area. Even tiny White Oak who survived for years
as a bedroom community of McKeesport has a larger
business district. Look at West Mifflin & North Versailles. There is nothing here & nothing you can put here that will change this scenario. No
offense to Brewster but what can he show he has accomplished. You need a far better batting average than his to even consider the Big Leagues. I see nothing coming out of this area,
Ononrato is a two-faced liar & who will even consider someone from this town. It's known statewide that HUD & other gov't agencies are what keeps this town afloat.

“Truth Will Set Us Free”

Mckeesport

#18 Jul 13, 2009
White Lightning wrote:
Debbie's right. As sad as it is, McKeesport at one time was the hub of about 17 boroughs in the area. Even tiny White Oak who survived for years
as a bedroom community of McKeesport has a larger
business district. Look at West Mifflin & North Versailles. There is nothing here & nothing you can put here that will change this scenario. No
offense to Brewster but what can he show he has accomplished. You need a far better batting average than his to even consider the Big Leagues. I see nothing coming out of this area,
Ononrato is a two-faced liar & who will even consider someone from this town. It's known statewide that HUD & other gov't agencies are what keeps this town afloat.
I would argue that HUD is what drags us down. We spend more on employees and police to solve Section 8 housing problems than we take in.

I have ideas about how to fix the problem that I've written about ad nauseum before and am always looking for better ones.

One problem I have is that the mayor serves and Mayor and Chairman of the Housing Authority. How can any one man EFFECTIVELY serve both masters? He can't.

I differ from the mayor in management style. I dont' feel an overwhelming need to control as he does. Monitor yes. Control no.

If I'm blessed enough to become Mayor, i will want someone else to run the Democratic party and yet another to run the housing authority.

I don't want "yes men" either. i want the best qualified candidates available.

Sorry to turn this into a campaign speech. Just thought some of the folks would want to know where i stood on these issues.

Good Night!!!!!!!!

Paul
6TH WARD AC

Pittsburgh, PA

#19 Jul 14, 2009
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Having never been endorsed
Welcome back Sluggo!
Answer me this Paul won the last election without the endorsement but yet he came craling and begging for the endorsement of the same people that he spent the last 4 months bashing on here how do you explain that ?

“Truth Will Set Us Free”

Mckeesport

#20 Jul 14, 2009
6TH WARD AC wrote:
<quoted text>Answer me this Paul won the last election without the endorsement but yet he came craling and begging for the endorsement of the same people that he spent the last 4 months bashing on here how do you explain that ?
Your traps are too easy to see coming. You have ALWAYS telegraphed your moves.

Calm down.

Take notes.

Let me show you how it is done....

First of all, I never begged anyone for anything in my life.

Seconf of all, I always seek the endorsement out of respect for the party and the process.

Most elected (non machine) officials choose to go another route. They know the deck is stacked against them, so they save themselves the rejection. Not a bad strategy. I just disagree with it.

I know that the machine would endorse Charlie manson before Paul Shelly, but I go for the endorsement just so they WILL reject me.

Most of the voters in mckeesport that the committee, for the most part, IS the machine.(Will change that for the better soon!)

So when the committee rejects Mckeesport's most effective concilman, that the voters overwhelmingly selected in 2005, I just expose their true colors.

Get it now skippy?

Unlike some candidates with no political skill and no self confidence, I realize that to most mckeesport voters, the faux enforsement is a kiss of death.

I can name about a dozen ticket leaders who weren't endorsed (present company included.)

Wasn't AJ non-endorsed? Didn't he lead the ticket?

Too damn easy....

Thus endeth the lesson.

Glad to educate you on how things really work in Mckeesport.

Paul
Bill

Belle Vernon, PA

#21 Jul 14, 2009
Paul, you were always the brightest kid in the class. Smartest mouth too.(smile) What ever happended to J-Ram, Brian Hays and Danny Dougherty? Those three should all have been professional comedians. Bumped into Futty a few weeks back. married with a kid. Never thought I'd see the day. I thought he was a confirmed bachelor! Once you get acquitted, lets go to Joe Gray's for ribs and mix up some "Jungle Juice". K?

B.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chuggers bar and sleeping rooms 2 hr Pork Barrel Politics 26
who farted in porkys lunchbox 7 hr Beef Eater 12
Fidget Spinners? 7 hr Beef Eater 16
Rosemary was a bag of wind 7 hr Beef Eater 11
yet another shooting Jul 21 Pork Barrel Politics 14
President Tortorice and Greg Lombardo Jul 20 The Shadow Knows 11
would you take a handjob instead of banging som... Jul 19 No Smack Zone 7

McKeesport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance