concerned parent

Baltimore, MD

#82 Apr 22, 2013
Traci wrote:
<quoted text>
I will now but in on this, no, hjis other kid did not go, but he was given a scholarship to go... yes.. that means free... no cost to Mellinger... and he did not go because he was going to miss football practice in WHITE OAK.. not The Little PittBulls. His kids were intimidated right off the Port teams. He took no kids of color and left 6 "scholarships" unused while other kids were never even made aware this was even a possibility. These "men" are a disgrace. MYBO lost it's sense of what teh Boys club was created for by SAm LaRosa all those years ago.. to benefit the economically disadvantaged of the PORT.. not WHITE oak. All of these so called "Adults" are from White Oak and have successfully pushed out the kids of color from all of the boys club meaningful programs since Tom left. How black kids played Dek Hockey? How many are in MYBO? The only reason there are ANY playing softball is because MALTAA took the girls who wanted to play.. not the White girls from the Renegades and the JR High girls from the "Clique". JE will dump that mentality. The parents are the disgrace over at MBA... they are animals who do not know how to act... it is the Powers that "BE" at MYBLOW that are the problem. The kids are all good kids from good neighborhoods. Now, thanks to Pete, they can play in the nice neighborhood instead of representing the Hood.
What is unfair is that the parents are concerned over black and white over zip code. The two MYBO majors had a double header against each other Sunday. It was a great day for the kids for their siblings and family. A jovial mood and enjoyable time. Baseball is a family affair. It isn't zip codes or color its funny last Monday all baseball wore number 42 celebrating Jackie Robison. But our little piece of earth is engaged in race wars over boys that still can't pee standing up! Instead of celebrating our teams our kids we debate the merit of their play commitment? Don't you think that these boys and girls will pick up on the horrid way we as adults handle this and refuse to play? And like MBA AND MGSL all others will fall in to obscurity? Is sports important for a childs self esteem or their parents social standing. And to envoke Mr Larosa's name when I am almost certain that his family is strongly in disagreement with what is being said about MYBO and the club just show your ignorance and narrow mindedness! Now as far as our coaches. We do not pay them they aren't given stippends they volunteer! So if you disagree with their tatics or stances that's fine. But if you attend a game at our field you will respect them! We parents will settle for nothing less and if you can't do that we will do all in our legal rights as parents to have you removed as we do not want our kids shown this horrod upbringing your parents your kids grandparents must have given you.! The season started...... let them play! Let them play! LET THEM PLAY!!!! Keep yourself and your rude stupid ignorant racist classless class wars at home.
Concerned Spectator

Apo, AE

#83 Apr 22, 2013
A friend of a friend tells me that MYBO is just a means to launder crime money and keep a bunch of thugs under control until they can be inserted into the organized crime syndicate. Hopefully they lock up the bats at night....otherwise all McK senior citizens better watch out. The little thugs like to do batting practice on old people. That is if my friend has got his story straight. Need to keep MYBO activities a good distance from senior citizen activities if you ask me.
Concerned Spectator

Apo, AE

#84 Apr 22, 2013
joanne wrote:
<quoted text>
And its a wonderful opportunity! My son went last year and loved it!
He was probably growing weed and getting high with his other junkie MYBO buddies. They may play ball during scheduled time but it is all just a cover for the criminal behavior they relish after and before the games. Least we know where the criminals are during MYBO games. The schedule ensures that law enforcement professionals can have a breather.
THROUGHLY DISGUSTED

Mckeesport, PA

#85 Apr 22, 2013
In the end, you have to answer to God. He created all children, black, white, biracial, etc. You better have a reasonable explanation for your discriminating remarks. You are not worth the time anyone is giving you. I hope you are ignored from this point on. As I said, God has the final say and you are not setting a good example for eternal living. God Help Your Soul. You are creating a riot in which will not be good in the end. Quit your immoral posts. You have a very wicked being and it is stemming from jealousy. Leave the kids alone.
joanne

El Monte, CA

#86 Apr 22, 2013
Have a good season players keep making us parents proud!!!!! God bless the haters!!!
concerned parent

Washington, DC

#87 Apr 22, 2013
Concerned Spectator wrote:
<quoted text>
He was probably growing weed and getting high with his other junkie MYBO buddies. They may play ball during scheduled time but it is all just a cover for the criminal behavior they relish after and before the games. Least we know where the criminals are during MYBO games. The schedule ensures that law enforcement professionals can have a breather.
the only crimecommitted at a game will be if us parents let ppl like you have voice. And on my stepsons team one of the kids fathers is a officer in mckeesport. So I am sure he will have say in the fate you bring upon yourself. When our multi racial poor and regular old folks kids hold up a trophy that will be great. When they hold up their heads in losses with dignity and class then that will be unforgettable. This isn't about wins its about heart. When these so called thugs get up and see their moms and dads trudge to work sick or tired or see their brothers and sisters who struggle with handicaps and they show up with a smile play hard to give them a release and two hours to forget lifes struggles then you ppl with a 1 not a 2 at the end of your zip code come on a blog and insult them and their family it shows that those trees in white oak are only there to provide the sticks up your asses! Jesus said "bring the little children to me" satan apparently said " Igotta go to the bathroom" and sir or madam out came you.
Concerned Spectator

Apo, AE

#88 Apr 23, 2013
concerned parent wrote:
<quoted text> the only crimecommitted at a game will be if us parents let ppl like you have voice. And on my stepsons team one of the kids fathers is a officer in mckeesport. So I am sure he will have say in the fate you bring upon yourself. When our multi racial poor and regular old folks kids hold up a trophy that will be great. When they hold up their heads in losses with dignity and class then that will be unforgettable. This isn't about wins its about heart. When these so called thugs get up and see their moms and dads trudge to work sick or tired or see their brothers and sisters who struggle with handicaps and they show up with a smile play hard to give them a release and two hours to forget lifes struggles then you ppl with a 1 not a 2 at the end of your zip code come on a blog and insult them and their family it shows that those trees in white oak are only there to provide the sticks up your asses! Jesus said "bring the little children to me" satan apparently said " Igotta go to the bathroom" and sir or madam out came you.
So says the parent of the hardened criminal....the MYBO cycle of violence and criminalistic behavior.
Concerned Spectator

Apo, AE

#89 Apr 23, 2013
THROUGHLY DISGUSTED wrote:
In the end, you have to answer to God. He created all children, black, white, biracial, etc. You better have a reasonable explanation for your discriminating remarks. You are not worth the time anyone is giving you. I hope you are ignored from this point on. As I said, God has the final say and you are not setting a good example for eternal living. God Help Your Soul. You are creating a riot in which will not be good in the end. Quit your immoral posts. You have a very wicked being and it is stemming from jealousy. Leave the kids alone.
I fail to see how my religion plays into this debate. While I am not a Wiccan as your post so states, I can be should I choose that specific religion. It is my Constitutional Right. Where in the Constitution does it say MYBO players are afforded the right to be criminal thugs? Riddle me that, Batman.....riddle me that.
Ex MYBO Parent

United States

#90 Apr 23, 2013
You guys just don't understand.. and never will. The people who RUN MYBO are the problem.. they are not from the Port.. they are from WHITE OAK!!! They run our kids out and lay this whole organization out and set it up for their kids only!!!! Every team Bazala coaches is about his 2 boys... Every team Mellinger coaches is about his kid and his friends! Does not matter what sport it is. Iti s not the WOAA that is involved in any of this... they keep to themselves....It is the racist from White Oak that were run out of WOAA because of their beliefs and actions that have taken over MYBO!!! My kids now play back at MBA... because Rob and Kevin have a great thing going.. and they doubled their size thanks to the "giving" of the Little League Charter. Kids do not want to play for MYBO that are of color
Concerned Spectator

Columbus, OH

#91 Apr 23, 2013
Ex MYBO Parent wrote:
You guys just don't understand.. and never will. The people who RUN MYBO are the problem.. they are not from the Port.. they are from WHITE OAK!!! They run our kids out and lay this whole organization out and set it up for their kids only!!!! Every team Bazala coaches is about his 2 boys... Every team Mellinger coaches is about his kid and his friends! Does not matter what sport it is. Iti s not the WOAA that is involved in any of this... they keep to themselves....It is the racist from White Oak that were run out of WOAA because of their beliefs and actions that have taken over MYBO!!! My kids now play back at MBA... because Rob and Kevin have a great thing going.. and they doubled their size thanks to the "giving" of the Little League Charter. Kids do not want to play for MYBO that are of color
These kids don't need baseball they need group activities like chain gang or breakin' big rocks into little one. Maybe they could make license plates.
minority parent

Mckeesport, PA

#92 Apr 23, 2013
My sons play at MYBO and are of color and they have never been dismissed due to it! As far as I'm concerned MYBO was the only organization that gave them a chance to be a part of a great organization. We have been at MYBO for the past 3 years with no regrets, this is coming from a Parent who has seen the nasty side of racism and discrimination due to the fact that I am not WHITE OR BLACK in this town. My oldest son gets back surgery every couple months, has 1 1/2 lungs and is not a great player but we keep coming back because of the parents that encourage him and the team mates that support him and keep working with him to make him feel like a part of the team. Both MBA & WOAA answered my calls but never called me back 3 yrs ago when I mentioned his medical issues. That was us being DISMISSED by them NOT MYBO. The shame of it is that ALL OUR KIDS PLAY TOGETHER IN SCHOOL HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH EACH OTHER AND THE PARENTS THAT ARE SLANDERING OUR KIDS FOR BEING PART OF MYBO OBLIVIOUSLY AREN'T INVOLVED ENOUGH TO GET IT THROUGH THEIR HEADS THAT THE ONLY ONES HURTING FROM THIS IS NOT THE PARENTS WHO ARE TARGETING AND BEING TARGETED BUT THE KIDS B/C THEY ARE FRIENDS IN SCHOOL BUT CAN'T BE FRIENDS OUTSIDE OF SCHOOL DUE TO THOSE PARENTS THAT HAVE OBVIOUS SELF ESTEEM PROBLEMS, MAYBE WEREN'T PICKED FIRST FOR TEAMS OR GAMES AS KIDS AND NOW WANT TO LIVE THEIR SCREWED UP CHILDHOODS THROUGH THEIR KIDS. IT'S A REAL SHAME THAT THOSE PARENTS HAVE TO SLANDER OUR KIDS AND SHOW THEIR KIDS TO DO THE SAME OUTSIDE OF SCHOOL WHEN THE SCHOOLS ARE TRYING TO SHOW THEM TO NOT BULLY EACH OTHER! As far as RELIGION has to do with it, everyone will get judged on their on time by what ever GOD they choose to believe in. SET A GOOD EXAMPLE FOR YOUR CHILDREN BY BEING SPORTS MEN LIKE INSTEAD OF BEING PETTY ENOUGH TO TALK ABOUT OTHERS KIDS WITHOUT REALLY EVEN KNOWING THEM. BE THE GROWN UP, YOUR SUPPOSED TO BE. MAN UP AND GET OVER THE FACT THAT IT'S REALLY JUST ABOUT YOU PPL WITH THE PROBLEM NOT THE KIDS. WE CAN ALL STAND TO LEARN MORE ON SPORTS MEN CONDUCT FROM OUR KIDS WHO DON'T SEE RACE OR DISCRIMINATION DUE TO OTHERS BEING BETTER OR NOT AS GOOD AS THEY ARE. THEY SHOW SUPPORT NO MATTER WHAT!
Dek Hockey Parent

Pittsburgh, PA

#93 Apr 23, 2013
Did Bill win the championship this year or last year? If he didn't how did he stack his team, same with Rob? After the Championship games the last two years, I did not see any stick throwing, glove throwing or ranting by either coach after they lost. Some of the parents in the older group, well? You may not like their style but they are out their helping. They are mild compared to when I played.
Coach Bill M

Mckeesport, PA

#94 Apr 23, 2013
Ex-MYBO Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
This was NOT for the kids of McKeesport. Last season.. Mellinger left scholarships unused and my kid was not offered the opportunity to go,while BOTH of his kids were given the trip free. His one son did not even go because he was practicing football at WHITE OAK from what I was told!!! He only took the white kids from White Oak who play here in our town because they can't get along with their own Athletic Association. Those 2 are the reason very few black kids play here. MBA grew it's teams this season because the kids of color are all being pushed there. You can have Gretchy and her lout... I took my kid somewhere where has equal opportunity to PLAY a game he has so much fun doing.
I'd like to shed light on the process for how kids were selected to go to Cal ripken camp last year. Race has never been an issue in MYBO until i've seen it here. Kids were selected 1 way. They Happened to be in the right place at the right time. When these scholarships were offered to us we only had 1 team active at the time and that was my fall pony team. So alot of kids on that team went. Of course I took my son. Am i supposed to deny my son that opportunity? Would that make it fair not to include him & give it to your son when you did nothing except sit in stands & complain? You dont get much for coaching except some free shirts,& friendships. Cal Ripken was one of the fruits of my labor & i'll not apoligize for that. Especially when i had to take time off work & drove my van & paid for gas & turnpike tolls. Yeah my son should have stayed so yours could go. My youngest son could not go because he played football just like many of the black kids we wanted to send. we only had so many scholarships to give. I wish we had 100 but we didnt. We would have sent every kid that wanted to go. I assure you this that no scholarships were left on the table. we used them all and will do so this year. Why dont you step up & offer to drive & sleep in a cabin on a rock hard matress with a bunch of boys who fart & laugh all night & deprive you of sleep? No you are the type that lets others do the work & complains
Dek Hockey Parent

Pittsburgh, PA

#95 Apr 23, 2013
Coach Bill M wrote:
<quoted text> I'd like to shed light on the process for how kids were selected to go to Cal ripken camp last year. Race has never been an issue in MYBO until i've seen it here. Kids were selected 1 way. They Happened to be in the right place at the right time. When these scholarships were offered to us we only had 1 team active at the time and that was my fall pony team. So alot of kids on that team went. Of course I took my son. Am i supposed to deny my son that opportunity? Would that make it fair not to include him & give it to your son when you did nothing except sit in stands & complain? You dont get much for coaching except some free shirts,& friendships. Cal Ripken was one of the fruits of my labor & i'll not apoligize for that. Especially when i had to take time off work & drove my van & paid for gas & turnpike tolls. Yeah my son should have stayed so yours could go. My youngest son could not go because he played football just like many of the black kids we wanted to send. we only had so many scholarships to give. I wish we had 100 but we didnt. We would have sent every kid that wanted to go. I assure you this that no scholarships were left on the table. we used them all and will do so this year. Why dont you step up & offer to drive & sleep in a cabin on a rock hard matress with a bunch of boys who fart & laugh all night & deprive you of sleep? No you are the type that lets others do the work & complains
AMEN! AMEN! AMEN!

this maybe the best Post ever written on here!
Coach Bill M

Mckeesport, PA

#96 Apr 23, 2013
Nice wrote:
Sounds like the Insider was right... Except for Money changing hands... MLLBB is gone.... The new MYBO LLBB will have new officers elected... JB is not permitted to be part of it..... The LaRossa Boys Club has dropped Ripken to affiliate with LLBB. MALTAA has taken over the Girls Softball. JB is out of that as well. The Boys and Girls CLub of America has laid it out for him... he can not be part of running these individual satellite programs unde r the Boys club banner and remain in his position that he gets paid very well for. MBA kids now have to go to White Oak AA or MYBO to play beyond 10 yrs old. This is going to create many bad feelings with MBA coaches and parents who have been shunned by MYBO and looked down upon by the likes of coach Bill and coach Baz. My opinion, Pete, you should have given the charter to MBA so they could rebuild a once proud program and eliminate MYBLOW. You have made a GRAVE mistake that is going to cost the kids of the Port.
It takes a gutless coward to anonamously disparage an org. of a couple hundred people. Let me tell you a little about "myblow". 1 year "myblow" gave away over 200 baseball gloves. We "scholarship" many kids to play that cant afford it. I see folks pay for their sons & pay for other boys who cant afford to play. I see people who routinely Go well out of their way into crawford & harrison villages to pick up kids who live with their grandmothers & have no way to get to practice or games. I see people who picked up same kids & took them to our Pirates indoor baseball facility all winter for workouts to keep them out of trouble. We've taken countless kids of all races to Cal Ripken camps, Penguin games, Pirate games, Pgh Power arena football games & pro wrastling. Our kids have gotten to play in 3 Rivers stadium & PNC Park. We give away bats, helmets gloves equipment & shirts that never come back every year. I will not disparage another org. But if your org does more for the youth in this area i'd like to be a part of that. I coached in MBA & WOAA & have made wonderful friends in both. My children still participate in Woaa sports. I respect Mr. Donato & any org that provides opportunity to the kids of this area. If I'm wrong about any of this please feel free to approach me & straighten me out. I'm a high visability guy with the school & can be found at many sporting events. I'd love to "debate" this with you but i know you'll remain anonamous cause thats what cowards do. Anyway I pray that God turns your heart to "step up" for the children of this area instead of looking down on those who do
joanne

United States

#97 Apr 23, 2013
Coach Bill M wrote:
<quoted text> I'd like to shed light on the process for how kids were selected to go to Cal ripken camp last year. Race has never been an issue in MYBO until i've seen it here. Kids were selected 1 way. They Happened to be in the right place at the right time. When these scholarships were offered to us we only had 1 team active at the time and that was my fall pony team. So alot of kids on that team went. Of course I took my son. Am i supposed to deny my son that opportunity? Would that make it fair not to include him & give it to your son when you did nothing except sit in stands & complain? You dont get much for coaching except some free shirts,& friendships. Cal Ripken was one of the fruits of my labor & i'll not apoligize for that. Especially when i had to take time off work & drove my van & paid for gas & turnpike tolls. Yeah my son should have stayed so yours could go. My youngest son could not go because he played football just like many of the black kids we wanted to send. we only had so many scholarships to give. I wish we had 100 but we didnt. We would have sent every kid that wanted to go. I assure you this that no scholarships were left on the table. we used them all and will do so this year. Why dont you step up & offer to drive & sleep in a cabin on a rock hard matress with a bunch of boys who fart & laugh all night & deprive you of sleep? No you are the type that lets others do the work & complains
Thank you Bill for your time and dedication to my son and the others as well as all the coaches and dads jumping in to help!!!!
Concerned Spectator

Apo, AE

#98 Apr 23, 2013
minority parent wrote:
My sons play at MYBO and are of color and they have never been dismissed due to it! As far as I'm concerned MYBO was the only organization that gave them a chance to be a part of a great organization. We have been at MYBO for the past 3 years with no regrets, this is coming from a Parent who has seen the nasty side of racism and discrimination due to the fact that I am not WHITE OR BLACK in this town. My oldest son gets back surgery every couple months, has 1 1/2 lungs and is not a great player but we keep coming back because of the parents that encourage him and the team mates that support him and keep working with him to make him feel like a part of the team. Both MBA & WOAA answered my calls but never called me back 3 yrs ago when I mentioned his medical issues. That was us being DISMISSED by them NOT MYBO. The shame of it is that ALL OUR KIDS PLAY TOGETHER IN SCHOOL HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH EACH OTHER AND THE PARENTS THAT ARE SLANDERING OUR KIDS FOR BEING PART OF MYBO OBLIVIOUSLY AREN'T INVOLVED ENOUGH TO GET IT THROUGH THEIR HEADS THAT THE ONLY ONES HURTING FROM THIS IS NOT THE PARENTS WHO ARE TARGETING AND BEING TARGETED BUT THE KIDS B/C THEY ARE FRIENDS IN SCHOOL BUT CAN'T BE FRIENDS OUTSIDE OF SCHOOL DUE TO THOSE PARENTS THAT HAVE OBVIOUS SELF ESTEEM PROBLEMS, MAYBE WEREN'T PICKED FIRST FOR TEAMS OR GAMES AS KIDS AND NOW WANT TO LIVE THEIR SCREWED UP CHILDHOODS THROUGH THEIR KIDS. IT'S A REAL SHAME THAT THOSE PARENTS HAVE TO SLANDER OUR KIDS AND SHOW THEIR KIDS TO DO THE SAME OUTSIDE OF SCHOOL WHEN THE SCHOOLS ARE TRYING TO SHOW THEM TO NOT BULLY EACH OTHER! As far as RELIGION has to do with it, everyone will get judged on their on time by what ever GOD they choose to believe in. SET A GOOD EXAMPLE FOR YOUR CHILDREN BY BEING SPORTS MEN LIKE INSTEAD OF BEING PETTY ENOUGH TO TALK ABOUT OTHERS KIDS WITHOUT REALLY EVEN KNOWING THEM. BE THE GROWN UP, YOUR SUPPOSED TO BE. MAN UP AND GET OVER THE FACT THAT IT'S REALLY JUST ABOUT YOU PPL WITH THE PROBLEM NOT THE KIDS. WE CAN ALL STAND TO LEARN MORE ON SPORTS MEN CONDUCT FROM OUR KIDS WHO DON'T SEE RACE OR DISCRIMINATION DUE TO OTHERS BEING BETTER OR NOT AS GOOD AS THEY ARE. THEY SHOW SUPPORT NO MATTER WHAT!
Why all of this smack talk about religion? Puuuuleeeeease. Need to send MYBO on a field trip to Alcatraz....I'm sure the little street thugs would feel at home there.
Concerned Spectator

Apo, AE

#99 Apr 23, 2013
Coach Bill M wrote:
<quoted text>It takes a gutless coward to anonamously disparage an org. of a couple hundred people. Let me tell you a little about "myblow". 1 year "myblow" gave away over 200 baseball gloves. We "scholarship" many kids to play that cant afford it. I see folks pay for their sons & pay for other boys who cant afford to play. I see people who routinely Go well out of their way into crawford & harrison villages to pick up kids who live with their grandmothers & have no way to get to practice or games. I see people who picked up same kids & took them to our Pirates indoor baseball facility all winter for workouts to keep them out of trouble. We've taken countless kids of all races to Cal Ripken camps, Penguin games, Pirate games, Pgh Power arena football games & pro wrastling. Our kids have gotten to play in 3 Rivers stadium & PNC Park. We give away bats, helmets gloves equipment & shirts that never come back every year. I will not disparage another org. But if your org does more for the youth in this area i'd like to be a part of that. I coached in MBA & WOAA & have made wonderful friends in both. My children still participate in Woaa sports. I respect Mr. Donato & any org that provides opportunity to the kids of this area. If I'm wrong about any of this please feel free to approach me & straighten me out. I'm a high visability guy with the school & can be found at many sporting events. I'd love to "debate" this with you but i know you'll remain anonamous cause thats what cowards do. Anyway I pray that God turns your heart to "step up" for the children of this area instead of looking down on those who do
Recommend taking the little monsters to the state pen this year. At least I know then my property won't be vandalized if they got a state pen roof over their heads. They can get a head start at learning the license plate making trade.
Concerned Spectator

Apo, AE

#100 Apr 23, 2013
joanne wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Bill for your time and dedication to my son and the others as well as all the coaches and dads jumping in to help!!!!
Maybe they can all help in building a secure perimeter to keep the little thugs locked down. I am sure there are many victimized old people in this town that would second the motion.

We can bring in big rocks to break every other day or so....keep the thugs minds off of life of crime and such.
Thread Maintenance

Columbus, OH

#101 Apr 26, 2013
This thread is complete.

Moral of this thread: MYBO players are thugs and a danger to society.

Here endeth the lesson.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nurse Found Dead in Car 6 hr Safari James 8
who was JOEY BERTONE? (Apr '10) Wed Its Sfinsxy Baby 217
Vote Fawn Out Wed Btr 51
Entire narcotics unit in McKeesport named in pa... (Apr '12) Wed Touched Untouchable 174
yo Tue Your Head is Inje... 12
Circling The Wagons on Collins Street Mar 2 Btr 19
McKeesport Election Mar 2 Justice is Perper... 35
McKeesport Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

McKeesport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:56 am PST