McKeesport Little League Baseball
Minister of Defense

Mckeesport, PA

#62 Apr 18, 2013
Eye Witness wrote:
<quoted text> I have seen you in action at practice and games, maybe you should practice what you preach!
Amen to that brother!
Observation

United States

#63 Apr 18, 2013
I saw a team photo one day and discovered that every thug in the photo was in Juvenile Delinquent mugshot album at the popo station. Be careful if you go to those games, McK....might not be worth the risk.
minority parent

Mckeesport, PA

#64 Apr 19, 2013
WOW, can't help but see that only the MYBO parents or volunteers use their real names. Tells me that everyone else that are making such accusations are nothing but jealous trouble makers that hide behind false names because they would never say it to your faces MYBO crew. It's a shame that these ppl are supposed to be ADULTS and supposedly worry about the kids well being but they are also the only ones talking trash on this blog. Tells me maybe they shouldn't be parents because their actions repeat with their kids and they will be the first to state " I don't know how they turn out to be like this " Look in the mirror ppl what kind of an example are you showing your kids? To hide behind false names and make false accusations, when it is ok to have a difference of opinion! Man up ppl this is what leads to tragedies like the Boston Marathon, Oklahoma City, and why some kids feel entitled and go shoot up schools because they see there are no consequences for stupidity.
concerned parent

Arlington, VA

#65 Apr 19, 2013
Is it just me or do we have a bigger social issue than what kid plays where or what field they play on? The racist undertones of this whole debate is just scary and quite frankly VERY sad. In a country where we stick out our chest to the rest of the world of our freedom, we are on this blog insulting kids. Is this 1950's Mississippi? Most of the kids of color on my son's baseball team at MYBO are honor roll students. Their parents work one two jobs to provide. But because they are not blonde hair blue eyes they are thugs and on welfare. This isn't about MYBO or WOAA or MBA or MGSL or who works or lives where. Its about boys and girls having the opportunity to play sports. I am a child of 1980's McKeesport, yes we had great leagues but the mill closed and retail closed and our population left. And i want for my kids the opportunity that I had. So does it really matter where we let kids play or that they play. I graduated in 1993 for the prom no mixed race couples could go. Now 2013 mixed race same sex are welcome. We make strides in one area and fall 60 years back in another? One more thought Coach Smith is back at the high school if you parents that have issues with coaches yelling Isuggest you do not REPEAT DO NOT.let them play football. Let these boys grow into men let these girls grow into women. Our country is socially going to hell these wonderful ppl that volunteer are tring to keep us in purgatory just a little longer. Let them!
Eye Witness

Mckeesport, PA

#66 Apr 19, 2013
Bob wrote:
First off, concerning MYBO softball, Jimbo still runs the league and also baseball. I am the president off little league. All kids and parents are welcome to come play, that is your choice. Now dealing with the little league charter, Pete gave it to the right organization. Little league was started by my wifes grandfather Sam LaRosa and Jimbos family, I am originally from churchill so I have no connections in the port. What happened years ago with MBA and MYBO is the past. I am here to help our kids have every opportunity to play ball, it is your decision as a parent where they play. Before you post information concerning other organizations make sure you know what the situations are and when you post don't hide behind the desk, use your name. If you really want to know the ins and outs, I'm always down the field. Whoever posted MYBLO stay with your organization, we don't want you. You sound like a person who would hurt an organization then help it.
Thanks for all you do Bob, those of us who know the real story are grateful for all you do for the kids.
Observation

United States

#67 Apr 19, 2013
Honor roll, my eye...probably honor roll for Criminal Justice Unchained 101. Last time I went to one of those games, I had my wallet stolen, car stripped, and a whoppin' case of identity theft. These little thugs don' need baseball, they need some "scared straight" hard core prison time.
concerned parent

Baltimore, MD

#68 Apr 20, 2013
Observation wrote:
Honor roll, my eye...probably honor roll for Criminal Justice Unchained 101. Last time I went to one of those games, I had my wallet stolen, car stripped, and a whoppin' case of identity theft. These little thugs don' need baseball, they need some "scared straight" hard core prison time.
this is how just STUPID you are many of the kids are kids of police officers. So I highly doubt that happened! You sir or madamn are a moron. You speak unintelligently you make no sense and those reading your quotes are a little dumber for it. May God have mercy on your soul. And another thing is this all started because jealous ppl are mad that white oak kids are playing at MYBO. So if.MYBO IS THUGGERY then Iam glad I live in McKeesport. YOU WHITE OAK PPL ARE BAD NEWS!!! LOL
Two Things from the MYBO

Kabul, Afghanistan

#69 Apr 20, 2013
Queers and Steers...and I don't see no horns on the players. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Will make their prison time go that much more quickly.
concerned parent

Arlington, VA

#70 Apr 20, 2013
Two Things from the MYBO wrote:
Queers and Steers...and I don't see no horns on the players. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Will make their prison time go that much more quickly.
once again another white oak thug parent being a moron!!! STAY ON YOUR SIDE OF O'NEIL WE DON'T WANT YOUR KIND IN OUR TOWN!!!!!! BUT WE WILL TAKE ROB BILL BOB AND OF COURSE OUR PROM QUEEN........GRETCHIE BABY.!!
Concerned Spectator

Kabul, Afghanistan

#71 Apr 21, 2013
concerned parent wrote:
<quoted text> once again another white oak thug parent being a moron!!! STAY ON YOUR SIDE OF O'NEIL WE DON'T WANT YOUR KIND IN OUR TOWN!!!!!! BUT WE WILL TAKE ROB BILL BOB AND OF COURSE OUR PROM QUEEN........GRETCHIE BABY.!!
No need for this racist line of ridicule. Have some respect for the young readers who should be learning from this debate. Instead you are spewing hate. Not a good example for our young readers.
concerned parent

Arlington, VA

#72 Apr 21, 2013
Concerned Spectator wrote:
<quoted text>
No need for this racist line of ridicule. Have some respect for the young readers who should be learning from this debate. Instead you are spewing hate. Not a good example for our young readers.
. Yep your right Iam a racist Ihave my half spanish half afro american stepson out in the yard picking bananas and cotton dusk till dawn. MORON also please arrive early for our games with all these white oak ppl in MYBO we are setting up.metal detectors. Thugs!
joanne

United States

#73 Apr 21, 2013
Wow!!!! First for some of you to even call yourself parents is rediculous! Let me start out with coach Bob.... my 5 yr old daughter who has had him as a coach for the last 2 years absolutely loves him! He took time out today to throw some pitches to her and was there to ump the older boys games. Coach Bill has been my 11 yr old son's coach for the last 2 yrs. Not only does he pick up any child who needs a ride but he also chaperones and drives the boys to activities that are not baseball related! Yes he yells but If you are not ready for your 11-12 yr old to be yelled at by a coach then they are not ready for sports. Yes its for fun but its also for learning and who likes to lose??? He yells at everyone the same and treats them all the same. He tells the boys we win like gentlemen and lose like gentlemen! They are young men learning baseball not a daycare! And last I checked our kids were on the field playing or sitting in the dug out so how are they out stealing from you at a game? My son also wrestles along with a few other players. Coach Bill took time out of his day at home to text and ask where they were at so hrs could come watch them. He stood on the mat cheering my son on in his championship match. But let me get to white oak baseball now. Not much experience with them other than I payed a nice chunk for my son to play fall ball with the bulldogs and he had no uniform and half the games were canceled and not made up. Enough said! Thank you Mybo coaches and parents that do get involved and care about our kids!!!!!
Concerned Spectator

Kabul, Afghanistan

#74 Apr 21, 2013
joanne wrote:
Wow!!!! First for some of you to even call yourself parents is rediculous! Let me start out with coach Bob.... my 5 yr old daughter who has had him as a coach for the last 2 years absolutely loves him! He took time out today to throw some pitches to her and was there to ump the older boys games. Coach Bill has been my 11 yr old son's coach for the last 2 yrs. Not only does he pick up any child who needs a ride but he also chaperones and drives the boys to activities that are not baseball related! Yes he yells but If you are not ready for your 11-12 yr old to be yelled at by a coach then they are not ready for sports. Yes its for fun but its also for learning and who likes to lose??? He yells at everyone the same and treats them all the same. He tells the boys we win like gentlemen and lose like gentlemen! They are young men learning baseball not a daycare! And last I checked our kids were on the field playing or sitting in the dug out so how are they out stealing from you at a game? My son also wrestles along with a few other players. Coach Bill took time out of his day at home to text and ask where they were at so hrs could come watch them. He stood on the mat cheering my son on in his championship match. But let me get to white oak baseball now. Not much experience with them other than I payed a nice chunk for my son to play fall ball with the bulldogs and he had no uniform and half the games were canceled and not made up. Enough said! Thank you Mybo coaches and parents that do get involved and care about our kids!!!!!
I heard one of those MYBO teams got ticked off after losing a game and derailed a train just to make a point. Lose like thugs would be a better motto. Better hide your valuables at those MYBO games.
joanne

United States

#75 Apr 22, 2013
Concerned Spectator wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard one of those MYBO teams got ticked off after losing a game and derailed a train just to make a point. Lose like thugs would be a better motto. Better hide your valuables at those MYBO games.
The more you comment the more stupid you sound! You seem to be the only mad not the kids! My son has played for MBA Mybo and white oak and we will stick with Mybo anyday thanks!!!!! You obviously aren't watching your child play too much if you are so worried about everyone else!
joanne

United States

#76 Apr 22, 2013
Bob wrote:
To all parents of MYBO organization, I am proud to announce that Cal Ripken has just offered MYBO 20 scholarships to the kids of MYBO for there summer program down at the Cal Ripken yard down in Maryland. Just one of the opportunities we offer to the kids of Mckeesport.
And its a wonderful opportunity! My son went last year and loved it!
Ex-MYBO Parent

United States

#77 Apr 22, 2013
joanne wrote:
<quoted text>
And its a wonderful opportunity! My son went last year and loved it!
This was NOT for the kids of McKeesport. Last season.. Mellinger left scholarships unused and my kid was not offered the opportunity to go,while BOTH of his kids were given the trip free. His one son did not even go because he was practicing football at WHITE OAK from what I was told!!! He only took the white kids from White Oak who play here in our town because they can't get along with their own Athletic Association. Those 2 are the reason very few black kids play here. MBA grew it's teams this season because the kids of color are all being pushed there. You can have Gretchy and her lout... I took my kid somewhere where has equal opportunity to PLAY a game he has so much fun doing.
joanne

United States

#78 Apr 22, 2013
Ex-MYBO Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
This was NOT for the kids of McKeesport. Last season.. Mellinger left scholarships unused and my kid was not offered the opportunity to go,while BOTH of his kids were given the trip free. His one son did not even go because he was practicing football at WHITE OAK from what I was told!!! He only took the white kids from White Oak who play here in our town because they can't get along with their own Athletic Association. Those 2 are the reason very few black kids play here. MBA grew it's teams this season because the kids of color are all being pushed there. You can have Gretchy and her lout... I took my kid somewhere where has equal opportunity to PLAY a game he has so much fun doing.
That's funny cause I don't live in white oak and never did!!!! But my son attended! A couple others he took do not live in white oak so maybe get your facts straight! And now he's bad because he didn't take his son but if he did he would be accused of favoring his own! If you have a kid of color that you feel is being pushed somewhere else then maybe its because you are pushing your narrow minded mentality on them! Those that go out and go hard and want to learn and don't miss practice for stupid reasons and don't need 50 water breaks and don't play in the dirt and don't complain like they hear their parents do get rewarded!!! HARD WORK PAYS OFF! MAYBE YOU SHOULD TEACH YOUR KIDS THAT INSTEAD OF TEACHING THEM TO MAKE EXCUSES OF WHY THEY DIDNT GET SOMETHING! And to say someone went to the ripken camp for free is crazy! So I guess the camp just said ok they can come for free no problem!!! Those that went did so because they earned it sorry if yours didn't!!!!
joanne

United States

#79 Apr 22, 2013
Ex-MYBO Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
And its ok though that even though I have no problem with him that an MBA coach always went around hand picking his own team every year all black players with exception of 1 or 2. That's ok though huh?
Traci

United States

#80 Apr 22, 2013
joanne wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny cause I don't live in white oak and never did!!!! But my son attended! A couple others he took do not live in white oak so maybe get your facts straight! And now he's bad because he didn't take his son but if he did he would be accused of favoring his own! If you have a kid of color that you feel is being pushed somewhere else then maybe its because you are pushing your narrow minded mentality on them! Those that go out and go hard and want to learn and don't miss practice for stupid reasons and don't need 50 water breaks and don't play in the dirt and don't complain like they hear their parents do get rewarded!!! HARD WORK PAYS OFF! MAYBE YOU SHOULD TEACH YOUR KIDS THAT INSTEAD OF TEACHING THEM TO MAKE EXCUSES OF WHY THEY DIDNT GET SOMETHING! And to say someone went to the ripken camp for free is crazy! So I guess the camp just said ok they can come for free no problem!!! Those that went did so because they earned it sorry if yours didn't!!!!
I will now but in on this, no, hjis other kid did not go, but he was given a scholarship to go... yes.. that means free... no cost to Mellinger... and he did not go because he was going to miss football practice in WHITE OAK.. not The Little PittBulls. His kids were intimidated right off the Port teams. He took no kids of color and left 6 "scholarships" unused while other kids were never even made aware this was even a possibility. These "men" are a disgrace. MYBO lost it's sense of what teh Boys club was created for by SAm LaRosa all those years ago.. to benefit the economically disadvantaged of the PORT.. not WHITE oak. All of these so called "Adults" are from White Oak and have successfully pushed out the kids of color from all of the boys club meaningful programs since Tom left. How black kids played Dek Hockey? How many are in MYBO? The only reason there are ANY playing softball is because MALTAA took the girls who wanted to play.. not the White girls from the Renegades and the JR High girls from the "Clique". JE will dump that mentality. The parents are the disgrace over at MBA... they are animals who do not know how to act... it is the Powers that "BE" at MYBLOW that are the problem. The kids are all good kids from good neighborhoods. Now, thanks to Pete, they can play in the nice neighborhood instead of representing the Hood.
Traci

United States

#81 Apr 22, 2013
Oh... let me answer the question... 1!!!! Approx. 60 kids and only 1!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does Alexandroff Speak 2 hr Scared liar 8
Could you imagine 5 hr Grammer Cop 6
Glassport news 5 hr Swamp Rat 23
Dave Marshalls Daughter Caught Cheating 5 hr Corrupt Comey 4
Is George Gobel a Risha Puppet? Think Again!!!!... (Dec '09) 19 hr UnDoc Risha 69
Keystone Collections Problems (Dec '09) Mon Brain Disease 17
who was JOEY BERTONE? (Apr '10) Jan 12 Hobo Jim 315

McKeesport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

McKeesport Mortgages