McKeesport Little League Baseball
Gretchen Bazala

Mckeesport, PA

#22 Apr 11, 2013
I cannot believe that anyone would refer to an organization in such a derogatory manner. You should be ashamed of yourself. Whether or not you like an organization, it is appalling to me to see a GROWN adult refer to an organization with such a comment as MYBLOW. I think it is time for you to grow up and act as the leader you pretend to be. Shame on you and now when you asked the question why my children don't play for you, just look at your despicable post.
Bob

Mckeesport, PA

#23 Apr 12, 2013
First off, concerning MYBO softball, Jimbo still runs the league and also baseball. I am the president off little league. All kids and parents are welcome to come play, that is your choice. Now dealing with the little league charter, Pete gave it to the right organization. Little league was started by my wifes grandfather Sam LaRosa and Jimbos family, I am originally from churchill so I have no connections in the port. What happened years ago with MBA and MYBO is the past. I am here to help our kids have every opportunity to play ball, it is your decision as a parent where they play. Before you post information concerning other organizations make sure you know what the situations are and when you post don't hide behind the desk, use your name. If you really want to know the ins and outs, I'm always down the field. Whoever posted MYBLO stay with your organization, we don't want you. You sound like a person who would hurt an organization then help it.
Brittany

Ardsley, NY

#24 Apr 12, 2013
Bob wrote:
First off, concerning MYBO softball, Jimbo still runs the league and also baseball. I am the president off little league. All kids and parents are welcome to come play, that is your choice. Now dealing with the little league charter, Pete gave it to the right organization. Little league was started by my wifes grandfather Sam LaRosa and Jimbos family, I am originally from churchill so I have no connections in the port. What happened years ago with MBA and MYBO is the past. I am here to help our kids have every opportunity to play ball, it is your decision as a parent where they play. Before you post information concerning other organizations make sure you know what the situations are and when you post don't hide behind the desk, use your name. If you really want to know the ins and outs, I'm always down the field. Whoever posted MYBLO stay with your organization, we don't want you. You sound like a person who would hurt an organization then help it.
Well said Gretchen and Bob. My children have played for both organizations. It's very clear that within every organization in our city, be it baseball or football, as well as outside of these organizations, there are people who would rather complain and bash the organizations and the people who are busting their butts to keep these organizations running for our kids. They have know real knowledge of how these organizations are really run or the positive effect they have on our kids. Instead of becoming involved and finding out the truth to actually help improve and add to the positivity they'd rather bash berate and add drama. They have nothing better to do with their lives than hide behind their desk/computer, add to the drama without finding out the real facts and bash our organizations, our people who volunteer hours and hours of their free time for our kids, as well as our kids who love the game.
Bob

Mckeesport, PA

#25 Apr 12, 2013
To all parents of MYBO organization, I am proud to announce that Cal Ripken has just offered MYBO 20 scholarships to the kids of MYBO for there summer program down at the Cal Ripken yard down in Maryland. Just one of the opportunities we offer to the kids of Mckeesport.
Pete

Mckeesport, PA

#26 Apr 12, 2013
This is what happens when you get people hiding behind fake names. They disagree with everything you say. It makes me laugh. Pat tried to give up his position to Kevin before but he didn't want it. The rules expert is a agitated little league parent that couldn't get there way. So they're just going to bad mouth everybody they can. This is for you rules expert www.truepitchmounds.com there you will find your approved portable mound for all of little league baseball. You weren't at any board of directors meeting.lol. But, I was at the district meeting when all the rule changes were announced for this yr.
Bob you can't make everyone happy. All the negative words are meant for me. They're trying to get under my skin because they didn't get what they wanted. It's sad. What they don't realize is they(the parents) are hurting the kids not the organizations. That's the problem. I gave the charter to Jim Barry even though I was affiliated with MBA. That was and still is the right decision. It was thought out before a meeting took place to discuss it with Jimbo. The rules expert is unhappy because there 1 child is 12 this yr. Don't hide rules expert we pretty much allready know who you are...
If I am thinking right: Gretchen " I hope Preston has a good year" Brittany: " I hope Blaze has a good year"
brittany

Pittsburgh, PA

#27 Apr 12, 2013
Pete wrote:
This is what happens when you get people hiding behind fake names. They disagree with everything you say. It makes me laugh. Pat tried to give up his position to Kevin before but he didn't want it. The rules expert is a agitated little league parent that couldn't get there way. So they're just going to bad mouth everybody they can. This is for you rules expert www.truepitchmounds.com there you will find your approved portable mound for all of little league baseball. You weren't at any board of directors meeting.lol. But, I was at the district meeting when all the rule changes were announced for this yr.
Bob you can't make everyone happy. All the negative words are meant for me. They're trying to get under my skin because they didn't get what they wanted. It's sad. What they don't realize is they(the parents) are hurting the kids not the organizations. That's the problem. I gave the charter to Jim Barry even though I was affiliated with MBA. That was and still is the right decision. It was thought out before a meeting took place to discuss it with Jimbo. The rules expert is unhappy because there 1 child is 12 this yr. Don't hide rules expert we pretty much allready know who you are...
If I am thinking right: Gretchen " I hope Preston has a good year" Brittany: " I hope Blaze has a good year"
thanks Pete! he, like all the other boys and girls in both organizations, just want to have fun and play baseball...... maybe the adults could learn something from that.
Gretchen Bazala

Mckeesport, PA

#28 Apr 13, 2013
Pete, thank you so much. And yes it is Preston and I have a younger son Landon. I am hoping for all of the kids to have a great year. God Bless and Jimbo Barry is a hard working (for the kids) guy as are you Pete. And for the record my husband Coach Baz, whose name is Rob Bazala and coach Bill, whose name is Bill Mellinger care as well. Bill Mellinger has picked a taxi cab for many children for years and has put his time in for the kids. Isn't this all FOR THE KIDS!!! Thanks again Pete. Just like to see the year go well.
Maula Bazala

United States

#29 Apr 13, 2013
I think the little thugs need to practice at Schumann Center. It would be better for society if we just kept them there....most of them will be career criminals anyway.
I know the real pete

Irwin, PA

#30 Apr 14, 2013
Pete for someone who hates drama you are sure always in the middle of it. You are full of lies and are a quitter
signed you protect criminals
Pete

Mckeesport, PA

#31 Apr 14, 2013
Drama No.Lies No. Just not afraid to speak or hide like so many of you. There are many of things I can say on here about alot of people but I'm just trying to be nice. It makes me laugh lol lol. But this will be the last post on here for me because all you mba people that are jealous of Bob and Jimbo aren't worth the time of day. Little League is his now and will stay there so enjoy your weekends on the big field lol. If you would like to catch me I'll be around the fields. I'd rather talk in person than on here anyway. Who knows maybe some of you might grow a set. I'll see you at the JV gm tomorrow. Goodnight.
Insider

United States

#32 Apr 15, 2013
Gretchen Bazala wrote:
Pete, thank you so much. And yes it is Preston and I have a younger son Landon. I am hoping for all of the kids to have a great year. God Bless and Jimbo Barry is a hard working (for the kids) guy as are you Pete. And for the record my husband Coach Baz, whose name is Rob Bazala and coach Bill, whose name is Bill Mellinger care as well. Bill Mellinger has picked a taxi cab for many children for years and has put his time in for the kids. Isn't this all FOR THE KIDS!!! Thanks again Pete. Just like to see the year go well.
Your Husband single handedly DESTROYED my son's baseball team a few years ago at MBA. We left because of him, only to hear he was kicked out of MBA and went to MYBO. We will NEVER recommend any eam he coaches. The way he spoke to those kids was reprehensible and the way he blantantly showed preferential treatment to his own kid was embarassing. All of the kids Quit on him by the time the season was over. 2 other Dads finally had to take the team over.
Gretchen Bazala

Mckeesport, PA

#33 Apr 15, 2013
Dearest Insider,

Again I say my name is Gretchen Bazala and my husband is Rob Bazala. He has never been thrown out of the MBA league. He only coached 1 year and they were 5 year olds. You have no trying to disgrace my wonderful husbands name with rubbish that he has nothing to do with. Please do not post things about my family without knowing an ounce of facts.
I think it is time that WE ALL start focusing on the children. This is what it is all about. Going on here and posting things about an innocent man is rude and this kind of behavior is why our youth finds it acceptable to be disrespectful
adults. Focus on the kids, this is why everyone puts their time into things. Again for everyone that is reading this, my husband Rob Bazala is a wonderful man and an incredible fair coach.
Maula Bazala

United States

#34 Apr 15, 2013
So you take a bunch of little dysfunctional thugs and organize them into a team....this is how the Mafia, the Crips, and Bloods came into their criminal glory. Just put the little thugs into Schumann and cut down on a few steps and lower this town's crime rate.
Single Mother of a player

United States

#35 Apr 16, 2013
Gretchen Bazala wrote:
Dearest Insider,
Again I say my name is Gretchen Bazala and my husband is Rob Bazala. He has never been thrown out of the MBA league. He only coached 1 year and they were 5 year olds. You have no trying to disgrace my wonderful husbands name with rubbish that he has nothing to do with. Please do not post things about my family without knowing an ounce of facts.
I think it is time that WE ALL start focusing on the children. This is what it is all about. Going on here and posting things about an innocent man is rude and this kind of behavior is why our youth finds it acceptable to be disrespectful
adults. Focus on the kids, this is why everyone puts their time into things. Again for everyone that is reading this, my husband Rob Bazala is a wonderful man and an incredible fair coach.
My son was on that team as well.. and we left and went to MYBO because of the way he treated our kids. He was a tyrant and had no use for kids of color on our team. When he showed up at MYBO.. we left and went back to MBA. My son will NEVER play on any team he is associated with. I have made sure he does not coach my son in any other sport at the Boys club either. I do not hold this against you, you have to say nice things about him, you have no choice. It is important that others know what type of coach this guy really is. He and Mellinger both need to be out of youth Sports.(my son was on his Dek Hockey team... wow... makes your husband look like a saint)
Boys Club Parent

United States

#36 Apr 16, 2013
I do not know anything about this BAzala guy, but if he acts like that, we do not want him. My son played Dek Hockey for coach Bill.. Nice guy.. but I thought he was having a stroke!! Was Unbelievable... it is just Dek Hockey at the BC... not the Stanley Cup!!
Charlie Brown

Pittsburgh, PA

#37 Apr 16, 2013
Boys Club Parent wrote:
I do not know anything about this BAzala guy, but if he acts like that, we do not want him. My son played Dek Hockey for coach Bill.. Nice guy.. but I thought he was having a stroke!! Was Unbelievable... it is just Dek Hockey at the BC... not the Stanley Cup!!
Was is everyone always picking on Coach Bill. It takes the heat of me.
Baseball Parent

Mckeesport, PA

#38 Apr 16, 2013
Pete wrote:
This is what happens when you get people hiding behind fake names. They disagree with everything you say. It makes me laugh. Pat tried to give up his position to Kevin before but he didn't want it. The rules expert is a agitated little league parent that couldn't get there way. So they're just going to bad mouth everybody they can. This is for you rules expert www.truepitchmounds.com there you will find your approved portable mound for all of little league baseball. You weren't at any board of directors meeting.lol. But, I was at the district meeting when all the rule changes were announced for this yr.
Bob you can't make everyone happy. All the negative words are meant for me. They're trying to get under my skin because they didn't get what they wanted. It's sad. What they don't realize is they(the parents) are hurting the kids not the organizations. That's the problem. I gave the charter to Jim Barry even though I was affiliated with MBA. That was and still is the right decision. It was thought out before a meeting took place to discuss it with Jimbo. The rules expert is unhappy because there 1 child is 12 this yr. Don't hide rules expert we pretty much allready know who you are...
If I am thinking right: Gretchen " I hope Preston has a good year" Brittany: " I hope Blaze has a good year"
Pete thank you for your years of dedicated service to the kids. My kids have played in the different baseball organizations in the city and each has its pluses and minuses. One thing I can say is all that guys like you, Joe, and Jimbo do for our kids gets lost because of the parents. This is youth baseball and is about the kids. My kids have played for coaches I have liked, and Coaches I have not. Instead of sitting on the sidelines bitching about it I offered to help as much as I could, when I could. It gave me a sense of accomplishment and a much better understanding of what all goes into volunteering to be a head coach. I could only imagine what it would be like to try and run an entire organization. The worst are the parents who think their kids team should win every game during the regular season and have all the best players. They seem to loose sight that it is about all the kids regardless of talent level, not just a select few!
MYBO Parent

United States

#39 Apr 16, 2013
For people like Bazala, i was not pointing fingers before.. but you opened the can of worms Gretchy baby...it is always about a select few. His Agenda is always centered around his own kids, never helping all of the others. When there are kids better than his on the team, he runs them down in front of everyone and does not play them. He cares nothing for the team .
Fan of The Game

Mckeesport, PA

#40 Apr 16, 2013
Baseball Parent wrote:
<quoted text>Pete thank you for your years of dedicated service to the kids. My kids have played in the different baseball organizations in the city and each has its pluses and minuses. One thing I can say is all that guys like you, Joe, and Jimbo do for our kids gets lost because of the parents. This is youth baseball and is about the kids. My kids have played for coaches I have liked, and Coaches I have not. Instead of sitting on the sidelines bitching about it I offered to help as much as I could, when I could. It gave me a sense of accomplishment and a much better understanding of what all goes into volunteering to be a head coach. I could only imagine what it would be like to try and run an entire organization. The worst are the parents who think their kids team should win every game during the regular season and have all the best players. They seem to loose sight that it is about all the kids regardless of talent level, not just a select few!
I know back in my coaching days you always had certain people trying have the best kids on one team and get upset if their kid ended up on an average team. They forget that it is what it is recreational baseball, and All Star teams are just that, All Star teams.
concerned parent

Baltimore, MD

#41 Apr 16, 2013
Mybo is and will be a strong organization not because who runs it or coaches because the parents care and support it. Woaa is one of the worst organizations around the football program is a joke they have coaches that watch steelers on sundays drunk and think they can coach. They force out dedicated cheer coaches and their baseball is actually laughable. Parents of woaa baseball you want your kids to learn and have a chance to win? Come to mybo. As for softball mgsl is in shambles they stole money off that little boy for the tourny. That one person put together and never got cedit. The mayor and the rec board needs to step in and save it. So right now mybo and their softball is the best option

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who was JOEY BERTONE? (Apr '10) 1 hr jackbgoode 317
I love Mckeesport (Aug '16) 4 hr Filthy Dirty Comey 50
crony capitalism Sun Crumbs Pelosi 10
Could you imagine Sun Crumbs Pelosi 12
Austins Office Jan 20 Crumbs Pelosi 16
democratic vs republician (May '17) Jan 20 Crumb Mistriss 51
Paul Shelly Obama Snowflake Voter (May '17) Jan 6 Hobo Jim 11

McKeesport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

McKeesport Mortgages