McKeesport Little League Baseball

Posted in the McKeesport Forum

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
WOW

Mckeesport, PA

#1 Mar 31, 2013
Is it true that MYBO is now Mckeesport Little League.
Insider

United States

#3 Apr 1, 2013
Yes, The Larossa Boys and Girls Club has purchased the Assets/Field of McKeesport Little League Baseball. MBA no longer has an affilitation with LLBB, and has nowhere for there kids over the age of 10 to play now.MYBO is no longer involved with Cal Ripken Baseball, since they are a competetor of LLBB. All 9-12 year old games will now be played at Fawcett Field. This move was made in order to prevent MBA from taking the fieled and the City's lack of willingness to give MYBO any field time at Renzie Park. Also, MALTAA has taken over the Girl's Softball program at the Boys and Girl's club. The 2 are combining and MALTAA will be operating under the Boys Club Banner. The new MYBO is Baseball only, and will be electing new officers. JB is out of both MYBO and Girl's Softball. Softball is starting at 10U, so the little kids have to play in Port Vue or slow pitch at MGSL. These are good moves for the kids, because it eliminates 2 organizations that over saturated the area where there are just not enough kids to fill. McKeesport Little League and MYBO Softball are gone.
WOW

Mckeesport, PA

#4 Apr 2, 2013
Thanks Insider. Are any of the old Little League people still involved. Someone else told me that the person in charge of Little League gave it to Jim B.
Bonds

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 Apr 3, 2013
I love MYBO.
Insider

United States

#6 Apr 3, 2013
No, everyone from the previous LLB are gone. They did not give it to Barry, the Boys Club took it over, and JB is out as well. He is the administrator at the BC , but LLBB will elect it's own BOD and JB can not serve on it. I Heard the Battle brewing is between 2 coaches for the Presidency, Coach Bill and Coach Bob.
Pete

Mckeesport, PA

#7 Apr 3, 2013
I usually don't comment on here but, I have to now.
I was the president of Mckeesport Little League. Nothing was purchased from Little League. I gave the charter to Jim Barry. With the charter came the field and the rest of the assets. There will be all new officers for Mckeesport Little League. It was given up for a number of reasons. People don't realize what needs to be done to run a league. They all assume that all there is to do is sign up and play. Each league will allways have it's followers. If your're going to post on here atleast know some of the story. It seems like everyone loves drama and yes drama is one of my reasons for walking away.......
Pat C

Mckeesport, PA

#8 Apr 3, 2013
That is the truth everyone what's to say this and that but try to run a league it's not 3 months long it becomes your life.
Pat C

Mckeesport, PA

#9 Apr 3, 2013
The men that do run these leagues be it Jim Pete Joe or myself we have no children in Thea programs we do it for the kids how many of you can say you would put the years in without having a child in the league, ask yourselves that!
Nice

United States

#10 Apr 4, 2013
Sounds like the Insider was right... Except for Money changing hands... MLLBB is gone.... The new MYBO LLBB will have new officers elected... JB is not permitted to be part of it..... The LaRossa Boys Club has dropped Ripken to affiliate with LLBB. MALTAA has taken over the Girls Softball. JB is out of that as well. The Boys and Girls CLub of America has laid it out for him... he can not be part of running these individual satellite programs unde r the Boys club banner and remain in his position that he gets paid very well for. MBA kids now have to go to White Oak AA or MYBO to play beyond 10 yrs old. This is going to create many bad feelings with MBA coaches and parents who have been shunned by MYBO and looked down upon by the likes of coach Bill and coach Baz. My opinion, Pete, you should have given the charter to MBA so they could rebuild a once proud program and eliminate MYBLOW. You have made a GRAVE mistake that is going to cost the kids of the Port.
Insider

United States

#11 Apr 4, 2013
Pat C wrote:
The men that do run these leagues be it Jim Pete Joe or myself we have no children in Thea programs we do it for the kids how many of you can say you would put the years in without having a child in the league, ask yourselves that!
You bring up a great point that has needed to be addressed for years, especially with MBA.. Why did the same people run these organizations for so many years with 0 accountability? Tag day collections at MBA were NEVER accounted for to the parents. No one had any idea how much money was collected or raised, there was never any treasurers report or open parent meetings. There are only 2 conclusions we could come up with. how about background checks required to sit on any organization that functions on city property... That would eliminate current people on the MBA and Little PittBulls for sure. I do not know about MYBLOW.. they are just rude.
Agitator

Pittsburgh, PA

#12 Apr 4, 2013
Wow, Nice way to refer to an organization of kids.....Real Classy....Shame on you.
RDW

Mckeesport, PA

#13 Apr 5, 2013
The MBA does have an 11and 12 year league of 2teams of former players who chose not to sign up for MYBO.It plays in the ESBL traveling league,where the rest of their 4 thru 10 yr. olds plsy. They share the new field with lights in renzie park with MALTA.The MBA had its own 11and12 year old league 25 years ago and dissolved it due to an agreement with McK. Little League officers giving up the 9and 10 year olds and the MBA giving up the 11 and 12yr.olds.The late Harry Kucich was the author of that agreement along with Reese Dalzell,Pres. of the MBA at that time.
City Fields

United States

#14 Apr 5, 2013
NO, they do not share the fields with MALTAA. That Field is now being used exclusively by Penn State Womens Softball and MALTAA if they need it. The LaRosa teams also used it in the past, but since MALTAA has now taken them over, we have yet to assign the times they will need. There is no pitching mound on that field and 11 and 12 year olds are not permitted to use a fake mound in game action. That field was built and designed exclusively for Women's softball.
The kids lose

Pittsburgh, PA

#15 Apr 5, 2013
Too bad the kids lose due to the adult drama.

Grown people should come SECOND when it comes to scheduling the park facilities....

The YOUTH is our FUTURE!
Pete

Mckeesport, PA

#16 Apr 6, 2013
City Fields--- Little League League is permitted to use a "fake" mound as you put it as long as it's 6".

Nice--- The charter went to the League that could use the charter. The MBA just started traveling a couple of seasons ago. There are certain guidelines you must follow. Mybo is going to use the charter now. As for the field they have the manpower to maintain it. The city only does the infield once then you must maintain the field. Mybo, MBA, and WHITE OAK need to get together. This is where the kids are being hurt. Not because of MYBO with the charter and as you put it my GRAVE mistake. The kids are free to play wherever they choose. Pat, Joe, and Jim don't care where you play, however White Oak does call and try to get kids from other leagues. I know this first hand. You have to many 40 yr old 12 yr olds trying to relive there childhoods again then you have the parents that try to manipulate things and finally you have a few parents that appreciate and understand what you do. As for the people who post on here man up or woman up and post your name. Don't hide..
Rules Expert

United States

#17 Apr 8, 2013
Pete wrote:
City Fields--- Little League League is permitted to use a "fake" mound as you put it as long as it's 6".
Nice--- The charter went to the League that could use the charter. The MBA just started traveling a couple of seasons ago. There are certain guidelines you must follow. Mybo is going to use the charter now. As for the field they have the manpower to maintain it. The city only does the infield once then you must maintain the field. Mybo, MBA, and WHITE OAK need to get together. This is where the kids are being hurt. Not because of MYBO with the charter and as you put it my GRAVE mistake. The kids are free to play wherever they choose. Pat, Joe, and Jim don't care where you play, however White Oak does call and try to get kids from other leagues. I know this first hand. You have to many 40 yr old 12 yr olds trying to relive there childhoods again then you have the parents that try to manipulate things and finally you have a few parents that appreciate and understand what you do. As for the people who post on here man up or woman up and post your name. Don't hide..
No, they are not any longer. All games must be played on a Dirt Mound installed on the field so as to protect the players from unnatural ball reactions.

This charter should have been turned over to MBA, not MYBO. Rob and Kevin have more than enough man power at their disposal to maintain that entire facility. Once Joe and Pat retire, it will be a fully functional organization with full accountability. You messed up Pete!
new rules

Glassport, PA

#18 Apr 8, 2013
they also have new rules concerning balls and strikes. if you dont swing at a pitch, its an automatic strike. however they will give you 4 before you are out. there will be no balls called and no walks. a hit batter will be permitted to pick up the ball and return hit any player on the field of his choice. no taking first base. the game will be so much quicker now.
Pete

Mckeesport, PA

#19 Apr 8, 2013
Rules Expert:
How long are Rob and Kevin around for.I'll help you on this one. Kevin's kids will be traveling. His time will be limited. I don't know about Rob's. However I wanted to charter the whole league a few years ago. The mba didn't want to. Pat is semi retired. The charter went where it belonged. If you know all the rules then you should know that the mba couldn't keep the charter alive for this year.Look on the Little League website a portable mound can be used for the regular season not for tournament. People are funny they like to hide what a joke.......... Are you going to work on the field???? Instead of worrying about a piece of paper the leagues should worry about making themselves better.
Just a Thought

Apo, AE

#20 Apr 9, 2013
It is good that you guys are contributing to this great sport. The little criminals that you are training today will be the stars of prison league games in the soon to come tomorrow.
Rules Expert

United States

#21 Apr 10, 2013
Pete wrote:
Rules Expert:
How long are Rob and Kevin around for.I'll help you on this one. Kevin's kids will be traveling. His time will be limited. I don't know about Rob's. However I wanted to charter the whole league a few years ago. The mba didn't want to. Pat is semi retired. The charter went where it belonged. If you know all the rules then you should know that the mba couldn't keep the charter alive for this year.Look on the Little League website a portable mound can be used for the regular season not for tournament. People are funny they like to hide what a joke.......... Are you going to work on the field???? Instead of worrying about a piece of paper the leagues should worry about making themselves better.
Yes, Kevin and Rob could and would take this over in a newy york minute! In addition to them, there are several others waiting in the wings to assume leadership in MBA to return it to the status it once held. There is only need for 1 baseball organization in McKeesport. MYBLOW was started up because Barry got mad at Joe years back. He knew when Rege was ousted, he lost all of his influence to get anything more than token use of City Fields. This season he was getting almost 0 field time. Look at what happened to his Softball teams!! HE needed MALTAA to come in and take over.
One more thing... if you wee present at any of the BOD meetings with the regional LLBB, you would know they are not permitting fake mounds for any regular season games, insurance has changed and it is no longer covered. I was there.

Rob and Kevin should have been given this facility to operate for MBA. You screwed the kids.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
In light of the current gambling scandal, shoul... (Sep '13) 3 hr Friends of the Po... 124
What McKeesport Needs Least (Oct '11) 7 hr Hobo Jim 99
Does Internatioanl Village Need a Paper Trail (Sep '09) 15 hr Audit and IRS Cop 568
Another delay in "Operation Porkchop" ,will be ... 20 hr Hobo Jim 18
Wal-Mart greeter, 72, punched in face (Dec '09) Tue Paul 30
Building permits Sun Long Dong 22
Circling The Wagons on Collins Street Dec 14 Gudge Gudy 2
McKeesport Dating
Find my Match

McKeesport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

McKeesport News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in McKeesport

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:45 pm PST

Bleacher Report 8:45PM
Manziel's Indecisiveness Behind Early Struggles
Bleacher Report 4:08 AM
What Happened to Bell and the Steelers Rushing Attack?
NFL 5:21 AM
Tim Couch: Kosar was right, Browns can't develop a QB
NBC Sports 6:21 AM
Tim Couch: There's no commitment, no loyalty in Cleveland
ESPN10:58 AM
Pettine: Browns, front office making strides