Voice of reason

Pittsburgh, PA

#82 Feb 8, 2013
Troublemaker wrote:
<quoted text>

Should he be able to decide that what he wants to do with his property can be foisted upon his neighbors?
Keep in mind that that works BOTH ways.
Voice of reason

Pittsburgh, PA

#83 Feb 8, 2013
Lady Lawyer 4 Solicitor wrote:
<quoted text>
I know she would be a superior candidate to replace our present city solicitor after his non-jury hearing in March.
This could be the first step by the administration to restore respect to the City.
Mikey might not embrace her respect for law.
A solictor needs to be able to see ALL sides of an issue and deal with it legally.

Unfortunately, she has tunnel vision for whatever she wants. SHe pushed a CITY WIDE BAN for a NEIGHBOR/NEIGHBOR ISSUE.

That sort of person SCARES me.

No name calling, just the facts.

Had she been willing to see all sides, this would have never turned into an issue.
Troublemaker

Pittsburgh, PA

#84 Feb 8, 2013
Voice of reason wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a much different issue than what Lawyer Lady wanted to solve. What you describe is illegal and yes I am as much against that as you.
The issue is a private property owner using ATVs/bikes on his property, not riding on someone else's property illegally. THAT is already covered under law, state and local.
Lawyer lady was pissed that she had noise in "HER" backyard, which is actually someone else's property.
Different animal altogether.
<quoted text>
The 4th Ward kids are using off-road vehicles on city streets and private property they do not own. Despite being vacant land, it's owned by somebody.

If I call the police and if they are caught, they will only be cited for using off-road vehicles on city streets. Good luck getting cited for trespassing. Hopefully, now it will be different.

Of course she was pissed off, that was her impetus for wanting an ordinance. And she did a favor for those of us who live elsewhere in the city who: Do Not Want Off-Road Vehicles on City Streets and Private Property. Period. Can't ride a horse, drive a golf cart, a motorized two-wheel scooter, or a motorized two- or three-wheel bike on city streets either. Or the sidewalks for that matter.

Maybe she can do something about the little s.o.b. with the dirt bike who came along and showed the ATV kids how it was done.
Ten Days Will Tell

Mckeesport, PA

#85 Feb 8, 2013
Look in the mirror wrote:
<quoted text>

AT least he has the balls to make his comments publicly with his name attached to them.
Would you be willing to do that with your name calling and childish criticism?
Yea, we will seen if he signs the ordinance or lets it go into effect without signing?

He is coached by the master mentor.

Did anyone ask the mayor if he ever road an ATV in the city?
Thinking Out Loud

Mckeesport, PA

#86 Feb 8, 2013
How hard would it have been to have a simple compromise of No Riding after Dark for these Bikes. I am not an ATV rider, but because I am not doesn't mean I don't want others to be able to do so. This is the mans own private property so he and his kids should be able to enjoy it how they see fit within reason.
Young Guns Lad

Apo, AE

#87 Feb 8, 2013
A hobo tried to fondle my ATV and then had the audacity to request me to submit to a voluntary body search. Control your hobos, McK, or reap the whirl wind, beyotches. FACT!!!
Haler Heights Copterport

Mckeesport, PA

#88 Feb 8, 2013
Can I land my helicopter on my property in Haler Heights? We own the property and we pay our taxes on time. We have an eight car drive way and no overhead wires and no high trees. For some reason the wind is not strong. This is a perfect heliport.

We should do what want because we own the property.

We just purchased one of the stealth CIA designed copters called a Silentcopter. We are working on blocking the backwash particles from dusting up our good neighbor’s swimming pool and deck.
Anything Goes

Mckeesport, PA

#89 Feb 8, 2013
I think Haler Heights would be a terrific place for a gay nudist colony. As long as they stay on their own property it's no one else's business.
Haler Heights Nudeport

Mckeesport, PA

#90 Feb 8, 2013
Anything Goes wrote:
I think Haler Heights would be a terrific place for a gay nudist colony. As long as they stay on their own property it's no one else's business.
I do not want to be too technical or critical, but will the entire gay colony names be on the deed and thereby be the owners.

For a generous fee, they can “nudistize” on my property but I only have one acre with a see through fence.
Glad to Be Me

Mckeesport, PA

#91 Feb 9, 2013
NOT your buddy wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, I don't even know the solicitor.
Second, lawyers generally ARE scummy...at least the ones that pull out every possible legal argument against something hoping to wear down the average joe and bully their way to "success".
Where did she get 200 signatures from? There isn't even that many people living in her section of Haler Heights. And if she were being honest, ATV use in HER neighborhood is the ONLY issue that should be at hand. But no, she has misrepresented the whole issue and blown it out of proportion because she doesnt like someone else using the property that she has considered "hers" for years.
Anyone can collect signatures on a piece of paper. Especially if they lie or misrepresent the issue.
Which, has been done.
Funny how you condemn MY opinion as machine-influenced because you disagree with me.
I was one of those 200 signatures from McKeesport. It wasn't just Haler Heights people that want the city quiet-it is others like us that have had enough noise to deal with in THE ENTIRE CITY. IT IS A CITY ORDINANCE, NOT A HALER HEIGHTS ORDINANCE WHERE ALL SIGNATURES IN THE CITY COUNT. YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIVE IN HALER HEIGHTS AND SHE IS AN EXCELLENT RETIRED ATTORNEY. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT AND DON'T BE STUPID TO THINK THAT 200 SIGNATURES ARE MADE UP!
Your Turn to Shine

Mckeesport, PA

#92 Feb 9, 2013
NOT your buddy wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone can collect signatures on a piece of paper. Especially if they lie or misrepresent the issue.
Which, has been done.
Funny how you condemn MY opinion as machine-influenced because you disagree with me.
Then nothing should stop you from collection 201 signatures in favor of the ATV Noisedome.
free money and gas

West Mifflin, PA

#93 Feb 9, 2013
NOT your buddy wrote:
You miss the point.
One lady has stirred up a mess for the ENTIRE CITY because she is pissed that she is losing her wonderful view and has to hear sounds she doesn't like in HERE part of the world and rather than do what NEIGHBORS do (work it out) she went straight to the law. TYPICAL SCUMMY LAWYER TACTIC!
In the path of that, she is looking to go after EVERYONE and EVERYONE "must pay".
Yes, this IS a city. And the city has different noises you have to deal with. Sounds like lawnmowers and weedwhackers and leaf blowers all day on weekends and in the evening.....yappy dogs ALL the time.....marching bands for a few hours in the evenings......freight trains barreling thru the valley at 2am.......we ALL make a sacrifice by living in a suburb of a city. That sacrifice is knowing that you will NOT have "quiet country living".
The property in question is not this lady's private sanctuary....she sat on her deck and looked at it for how many years and never once thought to BUY it so she could SECURE that view and "peace and quiet" ? She waited til someone else bought it and wants to use it and THEN makes a stink.
She would be complaining no matter WHAT was going on there, you can bet your butt on that one.
The covenant you speak of may be there, but it was built back in the 50s when Haler Heights was new. And I would bet that more people than not know NOTHING about this covenant. It is very outdated, all you have to do is read it to know that.
That said, I have read the covenant and it says something to the effect of "extraneous noise and irritation" is prohibited. That was aimed at preventing businesses from opening up in the area. It also forbids farm animals. Yet it says nothing about the recreational use of dirt bikes or ATVs.
SO, going by the covenant, the ruckus of lawn mowers and yard equipment all the time can very easily fall into the category of extraneous noise and irritation".
Careful what horse you hitch your wagon to. You might just get what you think you want and then be disappointed in what you get.
once the property owners goes thru the LEGAL system,he will win, the city will pay all court costs, attorney fees, and a little on the side for emotional stress, bet the bank on it. In reality I hope this guy sells the property and they erect a drilling rig for fracking on it.......... if they offer home owners ( which they do ) upward to 3K a month to drill there , plus FREE natural gas to all around people wont mind the noise so much,free gas and royalities...what more can a homeowner wish for. The free money ( tax free ) and free gas will make all the noise go away.
Jaycox

West Mifflin, PA

#94 Feb 9, 2013
let the kids loaf on street corners and mug old people and use drugs instead of riding and enjoying ATV's..it's the mckeesport way..
hard to believe council would fall for this womans' demands..... she related to any of them or does she give out great handjobs?
in the know

West Mifflin, PA

#95 Feb 9, 2013
Your Turn to Shine wrote:
<quoted text>
Then nothing should stop you from collection 201 signatures in favor of the ATV Noisedome.
if you research deep enuff most signatures were from older people and people who had no kids or had children but were jealous of other kids riding these fun machines. i have gone thru the list and 99% are old farts or jealous parents
Eddie

Pittsburgh, PA

#96 Feb 9, 2013
How can we get a resolution passed in this city to ban all of the following?:
Welfare recipients
Welfare trash with their blue tooths
Welfare trash with their Access Cards
Welfare trash driving Escalades & Navigators
Welfare trash sleeping all day and banging all night
Welfare trash destroying all properties in this city
Welfare trash parking in handicapped places at the local grocery stores
These are the PIGS and problems that we need to be concerned with. These are the PIGS that we need to pass ordinances/resolutions for, in attempting to keep them under control.
* Take these PIGS fishing in the Mon baby, as they are nothing but trash. Use them as sinkers.

This is what I worry about- not an atv.These PIGS cruising in their Escalades/Navigators that I am paying for, are driving around cranking higher decibels than an atv. Ban the PIGS
Eddie
CCD and Entitled

United States

#97 Feb 10, 2013
Eddie wrote:
How can we get a resolution passed in this city to ban all of the following?:
Welfare recipients
Welfare trash with their blue tooths
Welfare trash with their Access Cards
Welfare trash driving Escalades & Navigators
Welfare trash sleeping all day and banging all night
Welfare trash destroying all properties in this city
Welfare trash parking in handicapped places at the local grocery stores
These are the PIGS and problems that we need to be concerned with. These are the PIGS that we need to pass ordinances/resolutions for, in attempting to keep them under control.
* Take these PIGS fishing in the Mon baby, as they are nothing but trash. Use them as sinkers.
This is what I worry about- not an atv.These PIGS cruising in their Escalades/Navigators that I am paying for, are driving around cranking higher decibels than an atv. Ban the PIGS
Eddie
Eddie:

Where do I sign up to get these benefits that I deserve and you tax payers owe me?
Mick

Monongahela, PA

#98 Feb 10, 2013
Jaycox wrote:
let the kids loaf on street corners and mug old people and use drugs instead of riding and enjoying ATV's..it's the mckeesport way..
hard to believe council would fall for this womans' demands..... she related to any of them or does she give out great handjobs?
I think this was a simple matter for council. The are long-standing ordinances on the books regarding what can and cannot be permitted on private property in a residential area.

There are also processes for obtaining variances to those ordinances. None of the processes were followed.

No one objects to kids playing in the woods. They can still do that. They just can't play on their ATV's.

And I went down to the demonstration
To get my fair share of abuse
Singing, "We're gonna vent our frustration
If we don't we're gonna blow a 50-amp fuse"

You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes well you just might find
You get what you need
US of Potatoes

Mckeesport, PA

#99 Feb 10, 2013
Jaycox wrote:
Yeah, because those are the only two options for kids -- ATVs or a life of drugs and crime. LOLZ. How about they spend their time doing something productive like studying or participating in an activity that requires physical exertion. God forbid they end up educated or physically fit.
Oldest Fart but Smart

Mckeesport, PA

#100 Feb 10, 2013
in the know wrote:
<quoted text>if you research deep enuff most signatures were from older people and people who had no kids or had children but were jealous of other kids riding these fun machines. i have gone thru the list and 99% are old farts or jealous parents
Fine - then you get the kids and young people to sign 201 times to have council change their minds.

Make sure the kids are registered to vote because that is what council looks at and the election is in May.
Get real

Pittsburgh, PA

#101 Feb 11, 2013
Troublemaker wrote:
<quoted text>
The 4th Ward kids are using off-road vehicles on city streets and private property they do not own. Despite being vacant land, it's owned by somebody.
If I call the police and if they are caught, they will only be cited for using off-road vehicles on city streets. Good luck getting cited for trespassing.
SO.... what you are saying is that we have to punish EVERYONE, including those using equipment on their own private property, because the police are not enforcing current laws?

This ATV ban had NOTHING to do with illegal riding. Lawyer lady was not affected by illegal riding. She was affected by someone riding on their own property. Ok, fine....doesnt mean she cant argue that, but she didnt stop there.

She simply used the anger of a few who have private property being ridden on to warp this into a huge issue it wasn't.

Do you really think it is wise to outright BAN something based on police not doing their jobs? Sure you do, this time -- it doesnt affect you, so why would you care, right?

The smarter approach would be for all the fussbudgets in town to insist that cops enforce CURRENT laws.

If they cant enforce CURRENT laws like NO TRESPASSING and ILLEGAL STREET RIDING, which are FAR more serious than someone riding on their own property, how do you figure another law will help in any way? The cops already had the tools to stop the illegal activity you speak of before.

The new ban just gives the lawyer lady another notch in her belt in manipulating local law to her favor.

Its shameful.

And its a slippery slope. IT opens the door for your neighbors to take what they dont like about YOUR activity to council to complain.......a couple hundred questionable signatures later and they will have their way.

All this ban does is make a problem for Mr. Young and every other law abiding ATV or dirt bike owner in the city. The technicalities of this ban are far reaching.

Police will not be any better able to enforce THIS law than they could the EXISTING laws.

I see you and others on Topix alwways complaining about how police do not enforce laws here or are ineffective doing so.

Why would another law on the books make one damn bit of difference?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Glassport scum 27 min Classy ass 1
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 5 hr Obamas Failed Eco... 51,526
why are 911 calls optional with G.p.d. 7 hr Rosemary 8
e.s. good council women or wild party animal? 7 hr Shawn 4
What happened to the Viking Lounge 8 hr Marc the Magician 72
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 8 hr Martin Luther 4,019
3 surgeries from a concussion 16 hr Saddum Who Sane 4

McKeesport Jobs

McKeesport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

McKeesport News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in McKeesport

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]