ur ridiclous

Norwalk, OH

#22 Feb 2, 2013
Noise 4 Lower Sewage Fee wrote:
<quoted text>
This Arnold Drive ATV thing has our concern and attention. We live in the vicinity of Beckman and Diehl Drives. We enjoy our quiescent and tranquil neighborhood. That is why we moved here.
I heard from some of my good neighbors who expressed concern that an ATV entertainment center could be permitted on the vacant property behind Diehl and off lower Beckman if council votes against the “lady lawyer” ordinance proposal.
I am told by my well informed neighbor that the unknown owner of this property might be exploring an archery range or a paid archery hunting preserve or an ATV, snowmobile, dirt bike, and paint gun range on the property. My neighbor seems to think that this could increase the value of all properties because of the attraction of Serra High School and this entertainment center. My other neighbor insists that the city owns this property and never develop it for that purpose. My other neighbor heard that MASD bought it for their third elementary school. I do not who to believe with all these clashing stories.
My wife, children and I wonder how the several policemen, two firemen, councilman (McCall) and a city employee who live on either Diehl or Beckman would appreciate the noisy entertainment center. This ATV Ban Ordinance proposed has city wide and 12th Ward ramifications.
However, I support the second ATV Park because the property will be reassessed as a more valuable entity and the governments receive much more property taxes. This might lower my outrageous sewage fee to fund the $1 million city host fee and the mayor cannot indentify the sources of this revenue for this host fee. For this reason of sewage fee reduction we are opposed to the ATV Ban Ordinance. We will live with the noise if the mayor reduces the outrageous of sewage fees.
However, a special tax should be imposed on all that use the Arnold ATV Park or Diehl ATV Park to reduce our sewage fees. This is the ordinance we support if the ATV Ban Ordinance fails.
Ray Malenchak - you are ridiculous! Do you really believe we don"t know you troll this sight!!!
Too Funny

Mckeesport, PA

#23 Feb 2, 2013
ur ridiclous wrote:
<quoted text>
Ray Malenchak - you are ridiculous! Do you really believe we don"t know you troll this sight!!!
I think that who every crafted the post that ruffled "ur ridiculous" was just being facetious and he/she fell for it.

I though the post more like hilarious satire than ridiculous.
alleyoop

Mckeesport, PA

#24 Feb 2, 2013
if you lived in haler heights, you might appreciate the peace and quiet, nicely kept up lawns, clean streets and homes. it is very obvious that you like to make things up cause you have nothing better to do than be honest with your comments. if people around town do not mow or keep up their lawns they are cited by the city and fined so don't abuse those of us who appreciate good lawncare.
i have listened to trail bikes and atv's for many months these past summers and so have my neighbors and all of us object to what will happen when they are down in the dirt.
environmentally they have chased the deer, turkeys,fox etc. in addition they want to hunt on this very narrow property, AND the funny thing is there is an ordinance in mckeesport which does not allow hunting according to mr. delapenna. who going to resolve that?
if you have something useful to say, be honest and quit making stuff up.
jimmy had the chance to do this right and brought all this on himself.
whoever said this would raise property values has not talked to any real estate agents. don't be afraid to get the facts before inserting foot.
there is a lot goes on in this city that is crazy but you can still try to be honest and speak your mind without being attacked. where are the educated adults in McKeesport?
too many people employed by the city or have relatives employed by the city many, many who are opposed to this trail but are fearful of losint their job or those of their relatives. you know it is true.
if the trail goes through then come on up and listen to the noise and then invite it to your neighborhood. i invited the youngs over to my house to listen to how it sounded but they chose not to attend.
Where is RESPECT

Mckeesport, PA

#25 Feb 2, 2013
alleyoop wrote:
if you lived in haler heights, you might appreciate the peace and quiet, nicely kept up lawns, clean streets and homes. it is very obvious that you like to make things up cause you have nothing better to do than be honest with your comments. if people around town do not mow or keep up their lawns they are cited by the city and fined so don't abuse those of us who appreciate good lawncare.
i have listened to trail bikes and atv's for many months these past summers and so have my neighbors and all of us object to what will happen when they are down in the dirt.
environmentally they have chased the deer, turkeys,fox etc. in addition they want to hunt on this very narrow property, AND the funny thing is there is an ordinance in mckeesport which does not allow hunting according to mr. delapenna. who going to resolve that?
if you have something useful to say, be honest and quit making stuff up.
jimmy had the chance to do this right and brought all this on himself.
whoever said this would raise property values has not talked to any real estate agents. don't be afraid to get the facts before inserting foot.
there is a lot goes on in this city that is crazy but you can still try to be honest and speak your mind without being attacked. where are the educated adults in McKeesport?
too many people employed by the city or have relatives employed by the city many, many who are opposed to this trail but are fearful of losint their job or those of their relatives. you know it is true.
if the trail goes through then come on up and listen to the noise and then invite it to your neighborhood. i invited the youngs over to my house to listen to how it sounded but they chose not to attend.
RESPECT by the owners of the ATV Noisedome for all neighbors and wildlife space and tranquility would be a simple solution.

Haler Heights permits street parking but most residents, but not all residents, use their garage or driveway to RESPECT free and safe travel on the streets. This is out of RECPECT for the drivers and their neighbors the do not park on the street, for the most parts.

This is a case for council and the mayor to plea for RESPECT from the ATV Noisedome owner to be a poster board for the CITY OF PRIDE AND RESPECT.
Haler hunk

Pittsburgh, PA

#26 Feb 4, 2013
Return 2 MDC School wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess that Serra High School has dissolved their band and not paid the stadium lights electric invoice this year. I had not heard the band since the last game in November and rarely see those very noise lights operating since the last game. The very deafeningly scoreboard must be malfunctioning.
You failed Webster 101. What does “all the time” mean on a timeline?
You failed English 101. How does a house look into a valley? Or do you mean, a domicile positioned with respect to concave terrain which is the concentrated source of human generated acoustic energy?
Glad to see you thrive on pointing out errors by others...how about checking the looking glass?

Serra games and activities run all spring, summer and fall. That is pretty much "all the time" at least when it comes to time that people typically want to enjoy their outdoor space.

And bright sodium vapor lights shining thru your front windows and thumping bands making a racket for games and practices, not to mention the TRAFFIC and such do not contribute to that. If you actually LIVED in that area you would know about these issues first hand.

A house that is situated on the edge of a valley allows the occupant to look into the valley. Its not complicated, but glad I could explain it to you.:)
LOL

Pittsburgh, PA

#27 Feb 4, 2013
Lady Lawyer Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
You said the covenant was aimed at prohibiting businesses. I said that the existing zoning ordinance for the City prohibits businesses in that residentially zoned area.
Therefore a new and separate ordinance is required to ban or restrict ATVs, etc. use on that property and all others such properties in the City.
What part of the above do you not understand?
What are you rambling about? It would be easier to understand if you didn't sound like a complete fool. LOL
Lawncare police

Pittsburgh, PA

#28 Feb 4, 2013
alleyoop wrote:
if you lived in haler heights, you might appreciate the peace and quiet, nicely kept up lawns, clean streets and homes. it is very obvious that you like to make things up cause you have nothing better to do than be honest with your comments. if people around town do not mow or keep up their lawns they are cited by the city and fined so don't abuse those of us who appreciate good lawncare.
i have listened to trail bikes and atv's for many months these past summers and so have my neighbors and all of us object to what will happen when they are down in the dirt.
environmentally they have chased the deer, turkeys,fox etc. in addition they want to hunt on this very narrow property, AND the funny thing is there is an ordinance in mckeesport which does not allow hunting according to mr. delapenna. who going to resolve that?
(snipped....)
there is a lot goes on in this city that is crazy but you can still try to be honest and speak your mind without being attacked. where are the educated adults in McKeesport?
too many people employed by the city or have relatives employed by the city many, many who are opposed to this trail but are fearful of losint their job or those of their relatives. you know it is true.
if the trail goes through then come on up and listen to the noise and then invite it to your neighborhood. i invited the youngs over to my house to listen to how it sounded but they chose not to attend.
It was hard to figure out if you were complaining about noise, corruption in politics, hunters, other people having opinions or what in that ramble. Seems like you have a complaint on everything. I bet you are the type who calls the police and complains about someone if there yard is a little tall because they couldn't get to it for a week.
What you seem to be saying is that anyone who does not agree with your desire to ban the ATVs and bikes is "uneducated" I guess? Talk about closed minded!
I have lived in HH for two decades and ATVs/dirtbikes have been around that whole time and are definitely NOT the problem noise makers when the whole picture is looked at.

I am more put off by illegal fireworks thru the summer, yappy dogs and equipment used for yard care.

I listen to noise every day from damn near sunup to sundown in the summer and fall with all the racket that people make keeping their lawns "kept up".
You complain about wildlife being chased from the woods. How often did you trek down the steep hill to visit that area down in the bowl before ? Had you ventured there you would see REAL nature....trees, weeds, uncut bushes etc. THAT is "natural".
The fact is, YOUR OWN HOUSE is part of the problem that is causing nature to run elsewhere. The animals stuck in these isolated pieces of woods here and there are a victim of suburban sprawl, not ATVs.
None of the lawncare people do is "natural" and burning all the fossil fuel they do to run the whackers, mowers and vacs CERTAINLY isn't conducive to nature.
I value my own peace and quiet more than I value my neighbors landscaped lawn. Yet I cant complain about that because it is considered "essential".
Well, years ago people used push mowers and hand clippers. Will you volunteer to go back to that, so as to make things more audibly pleasant?
Didn't think so.
Ban the noise from one type of equipment that is a luxury or "un-necessary", ban it all. And powered lawn equipment is NOT essential. Its a luxury and convenience, just like these dirt toys.
These kids and even adults are just trying to have a little fun and are not hurting anything. This is all just about a few old codgers, one who is a retired lawyer, who are now hypersensitive to ANY noise because they are not getting their way easily.
Its sad, really.
Whats next....babies that cry too loud?
Decoder ring please

Pittsburgh, PA

#29 Feb 4, 2013
Where is RESPECT wrote:
<quoted text>
RESPECT by the owners of the ATV Noisedome for all neighbors and wildlife space and tranquility would be a simple solution.
Haler Heights permits street parking but most residents, but not all residents, use their garage or driveway to RESPECT free and safe travel on the streets. This is out of RECPECT for the drivers and their neighbors the do not park on the street, for the most parts.
This is a case for council and the mayor to plea for RESPECT from the ATV Noisedome owner to be a poster board for the CITY OF PRIDE AND RESPECT.
RESPECT starts by respecting others' right as well. And TOLERANCE is a huge part of RESPECT.

But honestly, I can't figure out what youy were trying to say about the street stuff.....
allyoop

Mckeesport, PA

#30 Feb 4, 2013
to lawncare police:
talk about a ramble>
Where is RESPECT

Mckeesport, PA

#31 Feb 4, 2013
Decoder ring please wrote:
<quoted text>
RESPECT starts by respecting others' right as well. And TOLERANCE is a huge part of RESPECT.
But honestly, I can't figure out what youy were trying to say about the street stuff.....
The Haler Heights street parking grievance is very simple and obvious. Some residents have empty drive ways with room for up to four vehicles, but they insist on parking their one or two vehicles on the street. Their neighbor across the street may do the same street parking to create a dangerous traffic pinch.

The streets are not wide enough to accommodate parking on one or two sides and normal through traffic. In some case I doubt that a garbage truck or fire vehicle/truck or MEMS can squeeze through.

In my opinion, this is the ultimate of disrespect for their neighbors’ safety and driving convenience.

I would say that there is about half a dozen that park on the street with vacant driveways but every other resident gets to play Russian roulette when there is an on coming commercial or private vehicle.
Friends in High Places

Monongahela, PA

#32 Feb 4, 2013
Bottom line is that area is zoned Residential and an Outdoor Recreational Area needs a variance. Jimmie should have thought of that / did that from the get go.

The High School noise? The majority of the homes surrounding it were built AFTER Serra was established. It is zoned appropriately.

Train noises? All in compliance with zoning and acceptable noise levels.

Lawn care noises? Happens everywhere in every community. But your next door neighbor doesn't power up the equipment every day from sunup to sundown.

How many of you would chastise the resident lawyer for taking action if one of the neighbors decided to turn their home into a residential treatment facility, sans variance?
Citizens for tolerance

Pittsburgh, PA

#33 Feb 4, 2013
Friends in High Places wrote:
Bottom line is that area is zoned Residential and an Outdoor Recreational Area needs a variance. Jimmie should have thought of that / did that from the get go.
If only the resident/owner of a property is going to use it for their use and their guests, it is not a "outdoor recreation area". Its their YARD.

There is a house along that area that bought up two adjoing parcels of property and built a pool complex in their yard and only had to get a variance to cross lot lines not to have it rezoned a "recreational area", right? Or was I misinformed?
Friends in High Places wrote:
The High School noise? The majority of the homes surrounding it were built AFTER Serra was established. It is zoned appropriately.
The super bright sodium vapor lights at the football field were not installed until recently. Zoned or not, it is very irritating for neighbors to have those lights turning the area nearby into daylight. And the fact is that the whole area is zoned "residential" and the school location was azoned for a school WITHIN a residential zone. I am certain there are ordinances that apply to the school that are not enforced and that's OK.
Friends in High Places wrote:
Train noises? All in compliance with zoning and acceptable noise levels.
What are you talking about? We do not have a CHOICE aboutt he trains....it is called "living in an industrial city suburb"...LOL

But in any event, you think dirt bikes are noisier than the trains?
Friends in High Places wrote:
Lawn care noises? Happens everywhere in every community. But your next door neighbor doesn't power up the equipment every day from sunup to sundown.
Oh yeah...the "it happens everywhere" defense...LOL

One neighbor takes about 3-4 hours to do their yard. The whole time its power equipment screaming. Multiply that by the number of houses on the street that do even half that amount and you should see the very clear point. THERE IS A LOT OF NOISE ALREADY.

A little dirt bike noise is nothing.
Friends in High Places wrote:
How many of you would chastise the resident lawyer for taking action if one of the neighbors decided to turn their home into a residential treatment facility, sans variance?
A residential treatment facility is a commercial enterprise, which also involves the controversial subject of introducing drug addicts to a location.

Kids riding dirt bikes for a few hours a day is not even close to the same situation.

Try comparing apples to apples.
Gotcha

Pittsburgh, PA

#34 Feb 4, 2013
Where is RESPECT wrote:
<quoted text>
The Haler Heights street parking grievance is very simple and obvious. Some residents have empty drive ways with room for up to four vehicles, but they insist on parking their one or two vehicles on the street. Their neighbor across the street may do the same street parking to create a dangerous traffic pinch.
The streets are not wide enough to accommodate parking on one or two sides and normal through traffic. In some case I doubt that a garbage truck or fire vehicle/truck or MEMS can squeeze through.
In my opinion, this is the ultimate of disrespect for their neighbors’ safety and driving convenience.
I would say that there is about half a dozen that park on the street with vacant driveways but every other resident gets to play Russian roulette when there is an on coming commercial or private vehicle.
Oh ,I understand now. And I agree with you 100%. No one enforces THAT issue.....my favorite are the people who insist on parking AT the stop signs. It forces the traffic into the other lane and that causes a huge safety issue.

That is more of a safety concern than having an ATV run up the street now and then.
U snooze U lose

Pittsburgh, PA

#35 Feb 4, 2013
This is ALL about a few residents being upset that they missed the boat and didnt think to preserve for themselves something that MOST Haler Heights residents do not have anyways.

In the last Trib article, it said:

“Haler Heights is a wonderful place to live. Where we live, there is a beautiful deck overlooking a beautiful bowl of trees,” Gastel said.“Now, in the center of that beautiful bowl of trees that my deck overlooks, we have a huge dirt bike scar – a big, muddy, runny brown sewer of water"

If I was Jimmy I would sell all the trees for timber and make it all open and empty and see how they like it then.

Gastel should have bought the property if they wanted to guarantee they could preserve "a beautiful bowl of trees".
The facts

Pittsburgh, PA

#36 Feb 4, 2013
From the interweb.

Note that yard equipment has a higher DB level than a motorcycle.

*****
The noise chart below lists average decibel levels for everyday sounds around you.

Painful

150 dB = fireworks at 3 feet

140 dB = firearms, jet engine

130 dB = jackhammer

120 dB = jet plane takeoff, siren

Extremely Loud

110 dB = maximum output of some MP3 players, model airplane, chain saw

106 dB = gas lawn mower, snowblower

100 dB = hand drill, pneumatic drill

90 dB = subway, passing motorcycle

Very Loud

80–90 dB = blow-dryer, kitchen blender, food processor

70 dB = busy traffic, vacuum cleaner, alarm clock

Moderate

60 dB = typical conversation, dishwasher, clothes dryer

50 dB = moderate rainfall

40 dB = quiet room
MTD

Pittsburgh, PA

#37 Feb 4, 2013
Lawncare police wrote:
<quoted text>

I listen to noise every day from damn near sunup to sundown in the summer and fall with all the racket that people make keeping their lawns "kept up".
None of the lawncare people do is "natural" and burning all the fossil fuel they do to run the whackers, mowers and vacs CERTAINLY isn't conducive to nature.
I value my own peace and quiet more than I value my neighbors landscaped lawn. Yet I cant complain about that because it is considered "essential".
Well, years ago people used push mowers and hand clippers. Will you volunteer to go back to that, so as to make things more audibly pleasant?
Didn't think so.
Ban the noise from one type of equipment that is a luxury or "un-necessary", ban it all. And powered lawn equipment is NOT essential. Its a luxury and convenience, just like these dirt toys.
These kids and even adults are just trying to have a little fun and are not hurting anything.
Whats next....babies that cry too loud?
ATV's must not burn fossil fuels either? They will ban ATV's way before banning lawn equipment, idiot. You really spent a whole paragraph complaining about people "Beautifying" their property. They are a luxury that people can afford in that neighborhood. Go live in a neighborhood where people don't care about their lawns or how their landscaping looks and I bet you will do alot more complaining than you are now. Maybe working on their lawns and landscaping is how people have fun. Who are you the fun police? Obviously you are correct with babies crying too loud, You. Next person!
MTD

Pittsburgh, PA

#38 Feb 4, 2013
Organ Donor Pool

Mckeesport, PA

#39 Feb 4, 2013
Statistics ATV Accidents

The Consumer Product Safety Commission reported that ATVs were responsible for 125,500 injuries in 2003 that required emergency medical treatment. This was the second-consecutive year that a national record had been broken for ATV-related injuries. 2003 also reported the highest number of ATV-related deaths at an estimated 621.

In 2006, serious injuries requiring emergency medical treatment was reported at 146,000, and that number rose to 150,900 in 2007.

Between 2001 and 2007, the number of annual serious injuries treated by emergency medical professionals rose 37 percent.

One-third of all ATV-related fatalities reported and recorded between 1982 and 2002 were riders under the age of 16.

Eighty percent of fatalities caused by ATV accidents are due to injuries to the central nervous system.

From 1999 to 2001, 698 recorded fatalities were attributed to ATV riders under the age of 19.

Helmets have been known to reduce the risk of fatalities in ATV accidents by 42 percent. They have also been known to reduce the possibility of a non-fatal head injury by 64 percent.

Between 1985 and 2002, riders under the age of 16 have accounted for 37 percent of injuries related to ATV accidents.

More than 103,000 ATV riders under the age of 16 were treated for injuries stemming from ATV accidents between 2000 and 2002.

Male ATV riders comprised 77 percent of injuries related to ATV accidents between 1995 and 2003.
lazy law

Mckeesport, PA

#40 Feb 4, 2013
I really can't believe that I'm reading this! ATV's in a residential area .. are you kidding me. Maybe if some of the parents would get up off their lazy butts and take their kids to the actually AVT trails this would not be an issue. I think I'll get the hose out and hose down the street so my kids can ice skate tomorrow....should I charge admission? Who cares about the neighborhood as long as my kids are not bothering me! Council needs to wake up and realize this in one of the only nice areas left in McKeesport. Filling up fast with laziness.
Fix Is In

Mckeesport, PA

#41 Feb 4, 2013
lazy law wrote:
I really can't believe that I'm reading this! ATV's in a residential area .. are you kidding me. Maybe if some of the parents would get up off their lazy butts and take their kids to the actually AVT trails this would not be an issue. I think I'll get the hose out and hose down the street so my kids can ice skate tomorrow....should I charge admission? Who cares about the neighborhood as long as my kids are not bothering me! Council needs to wake up and realize this in one of the only nice areas left in McKeesport. Filling up fast with laziness.
The mayor owns Carr and lets the slots operate at the Viking after three raids.

The mayor and the MDC own Soles, Dellapenna, and McCall. Thus the ordinance will fall and it will be off to court.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
McKeesport Election 56 min Junior Traffic En... 73
News AG: 16 charged in connection with alleged illeg... (Sep '13) 19 hr Hog Reprisal 770
NAME THE BEST MASD Directors EVER? 19 hr Hobo Jim 39
racial proficiling Mckeesport police Sat Dazed and confused 3
Black lives matter Sat just the facts maam 67
who was JOEY BERTONE? (Apr '10) Fri dvw 218
News Remembering a pro at conning (Jul '08) Mar 26 High Road Warrior 33
McKeesport Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

McKeesport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]