Should Paul Shelly run a Write-in for...

Should Paul Shelly run a Write-in for Council

Created by Friends of Paul Shelly on Jul 27, 2009

685 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Friends of Paul Shelly

United States

#1 Jul 27, 2009
We are looking to guage the pulse of the city with this. Should Paul try to run and win an historic write-in campaign for Mckeesport City Council this Fall?
dabadass

Mckeesport, PA

#3 Jul 27, 2009
Paul,

I absolutly think you should do a write in. Give em hell.
Yes

Pittsburgh, PA

#4 Jul 27, 2009
Please continue to make a fool of yourself and run a write in.
Father Flanagan

Belle Vernon, PA

#5 Jul 27, 2009
dabadass wrote:
Paul,
Who would be foolish enough to count him out? Its already obvious we want him as our next Mayor boyo.
Father Flanagan

Belle Vernon, PA

#6 Jul 27, 2009
dabadass wrote:
Paul,
By the way boyo, I don't see that felony on your record anymore, how much did that cost you?
der Kampfer

Pittsburgh, PA

#7 Jul 27, 2009
be smart wait it out!
White Lightning

Mckeesport, PA

#8 Jul 27, 2009
The paper reported he received 3 write-in republican votes in the last election.
Those 3 votes would have been myself & two
other family members. We wrote them in once,
we'll write them again. Just have to wait & see.
Father Knows Best

Pittsburgh, PA

#10 Jul 27, 2009
Friends of Paul Shelly wrote:
We are looking to guage the pulse of the city with this. Should Paul try to run and win an historic write-in campaign for Mckeesport City Council this Fall?
At this point in time, my personal opinion is that Shelly needs to get his personal life back in order before he puts the time and effort into running a write in campaign. The good people of McKeesport are always willing to forgive and forget, but Paul needs to sure up his own yard (no pun intended) before he can expect the voters to openly except him as a viable candidate for any office. Again, this is a personal opinion, not a personal attack. Not for 1 minute do I believe any of the bogus charges that have been brought against him,and I truly believe that he has the citys best interests in mind, but at this time I can not support him as I have in the past.
Fran

Carrollton, TX

#11 Jul 27, 2009
I think he should. Maybe Paul will finally get the point that his services are no longer wanted. Then maybe he will just go away.
Funny

Mckeesport, PA

#12 Jul 27, 2009
He'll just make up another excuse on why he lost again
Sluggo gone Nutsso

Carrollton, TX

#13 Jul 27, 2009
Does someone need their daily ego stroking? It seems that someone is only capable of making online polls,having online friends, and winning online elections. To bad this don't carry over into the real world but someone hasn't been in the real world for quite some time.
White Lightning

Mckeesport, PA

#14 Jul 27, 2009
Regardless of any man's personal obstacles, or his
financial status, how do you think you are worthy
enough to pass judgement ? I would rather see the
person who has nothing & wants to make a difference succeed than the phony that shows up
in church on Sunday & tosses a $100 bill in the collection plate, while during the other 6 days of the week he live as a liar & a thief. What one is worth has no relationship to how far one will
prostitute themselves. A whore is a whore, standing in society, personal wealth & friends have nothing to do with it. If you have no priciples, ideals & sell your soul, you're a pig.
Period, no debate necessary.
Outsider

Mckeesport, PA

#15 Jul 27, 2009
Paul:

Launch a write-in this November!

Time your announcement after the court decision and during the TV interview as part of your victory commentary. No gun – no witness – no evidence – no case! But watch out for the SW PA OJ factor -- you just do not know.

Use this TV forum to appeal for the Mayor’s write-in support and his redemption for prematurely suggesting you resign. After all, you knew he was only joshing and testing your resolve.

The Mayor likes to keep his adversaries close – so accommodate him. Now you can cap this off by chiding the Mayor to transfer the wasted MDC endorsement from McCall to Shelly. Why let it go to waste? Have the MDC endorse a write-in for Shelly?

Forgive him for his lapse in judgment and welcome him to Camp Sluggo. Offer the solicitor to be your campaign manager. He is very skilled in this science. Make peace with both. They have a latent and inherent DNA to want you to be on council and keep you out of the next Mayor’s race.

Some TV talking points:

Who made up this conspiracy to frame you? Let the voters and people speculate who the actors are. You can do some intriguing dot connecting of whom would benefit the most by your plight. It backfired.

Then get prepared for your counter suit so that justice prevails and you know this may be perceived as unfair leverage by some - so use it and exploit it to the maximum. They verbally kicked you hard when you were down. No revenge or retaliation --- only justice.

You can beat AJ. Make him spend more of the team money. Keep the Grant Street consortium on their toes and on their keyboards.

My family and friends will vote for you because of the perceived frame-up -- we all like a spunky underdog. You are a personification of a jinxed underdog. Good Luck!

Do not use Eddie to press your suit for the social with the DJ. He tried to burn you once.

“Truth Will Set Us Free”

Since: May 08

Mckeesport

#16 Jul 27, 2009
Outsider wrote:
Paul:
Launch a write-in this November!
Time your announcement after the court decision and during the TV interview as part of your victory commentary. No gun – no witness – no evidence – no case! But watch out for the SW PA OJ factor -- you just do not know.
Use this TV forum to appeal for the Mayor’s write-in support and his redemption for prematurely suggesting you resign. After all, you knew he was only joshing and testing your resolve.
The Mayor likes to keep his adversaries close – so accommodate him. Now you can cap this off by chiding the Mayor to transfer the wasted MDC endorsement from McCall to Shelly. Why let it go to waste? Have the MDC endorse a write-in for Shelly?
Forgive him for his lapse in judgment and welcome him to Camp Sluggo. Offer the solicitor to be your campaign manager. He is very skilled in this science. Make peace with both. They have a latent and inherent DNA to want you to be on council and keep you out of the next Mayor’s race.
Some TV talking points:
Who made up this conspiracy to frame you? Let the voters and people speculate who the actors are. You can do some intriguing dot connecting of whom would benefit the most by your plight. It backfired.
Then get prepared for your counter suit so that justice prevails and you know this may be perceived as unfair leverage by some - so use it and exploit it to the maximum. They verbally kicked you hard when you were down. No revenge or retaliation --- only justice.
You can beat AJ. Make him spend more of the team money. Keep the Grant Street consortium on their toes and on their keyboards.
My family and friends will vote for you because of the perceived frame-up -- we all like a spunky underdog. You are a personification of a jinxed underdog. Good Luck!
Do not use Eddie to press your suit for the social with the DJ. He tried to burn you once.
Wow. You gave that one some thought. Maybe you should be my campaign manager friend.

Couldn't ask Jason to do it. Wouldn't want him campaigning on City time.

All good food for thought. I won't make a final decision until likely around Labor Day.

My team just wanted to test the waters.

Thanks!

Paul

“Truth Will Set Us Free”

Since: May 08

Mckeesport

#17 Jul 27, 2009
Wow Fran, Funny and Sluggo Gone Nutso, those are quite the amusing aliases for the same old dog. What are you up to now, a baker's dozen?

I sense a little fear driving your comments. Could it be YOU finally stuck your head up and got a dose of daily reality?

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Me? I'm just thankful to have the support of so many and I relish the underdog role. Maybe Mckeesport will really have their own "Cinderella Man" soon.

Peace and Thank you!

Paul
dabadass

Mckeesport, PA

#18 Jul 27, 2009
Go for it, everyone of us including your alias's are rooting for you. I think your campaign sogan should be Sluggo with provide mud for your turtle.
Mother knows best

Pittsburgh, PA

#19 Jul 27, 2009
Father Knows Best wrote:
<quoted text> At this point in time, my personal opinion is that Shelly needs to get his personal life back in order before he puts the time and effort into running a write in campaign. The good people of McKeesport are always willing to forgive and forget, but Paul needs to sure up his own yard (no pun intended) before he can expect the voters to openly except him as a viable candidate for any office. Again, this is a personal opinion, not a personal attack. Not for 1 minute do I believe any of the bogus charges that have been brought against him,and I truly believe that he has the citys best interests in mind, but at this time I can not support him as I have in the past.
I agree. Maybe next time Paul, after you prove yourself to be reliable.
Friends of Paul Shelly

Mckeesport, PA

#20 Jul 27, 2009
There go the haters with the personal family attacks again. Don't they realize those sorts of attacks on Paul and his family just endear him to us more?

C.C.
Non-Hater

Pittsburgh, PA

#21 Jul 28, 2009
There go the haters with the personal family attacks again. Don't they realize those sorts of attacks on Paul and his family just endear him to us more?
C.C.
Paul, just regroup, and in 2 years and come back if you want, but right now is not a good time to run.
Friend of Sluggo

Pittsburgh, PA

#22 Jul 28, 2009
C.C.
Paul,I have supported you in the past but you really need to take some time and straighten up your own village, before you try to fix ours. Sorry if my comments hurt,just the way I feel. God Bless and God Speed

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Councilman-Elect Seeking Pardon Owes Thousands ... 1 hr Laws Shmaws 21
Selling Heroine to Kids On Banker Street 5 hr RogerLoveIsADrugD... 5
po po dog or drunk homeless crackhead, who matt... 10 hr Candy Man 2
Fawn Walker and Porky Dating 10 hr Snow White 17
Crawford Village (Jul '15) 21 hr Realtruth 21
4-year-old child shot in Mckeesport 23 hr Sanctuary City 5
News 4-year-old shot in hail of bullets fired at Pa.... 23 hr Sir Repko 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

McKeesport Mortgages