Why are Sewage Bills More Than Water ...
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#42 Feb 1, 2011
DaDog wrote:
<quoted text>
There is one at the treatment plant to measure incoming flow, but there are none on homes.
Good point DD.....I guess they do monitor flow at the plant somehow....but is it safe to assume that the method they use would be either cost non-effective or otherwise troublesome for use in homes?
DaDog

Greensburg, PA

#43 Feb 1, 2011
Never heard of one of them. That would be a lot more fair.

Location hidden

#44 Feb 2, 2011
I guess the other side of this is that you know as well as I do that SOME people would take advantage of deduct meters...they would run a hose from their outside spigot to their toilets and bathtubs so they could avoid sewage charges.....so I can see why the water authorities/sweage authorities are not jumping at the concept. Plus, I am sure that some of the authorities if not all see it as a loss of income and maybe rates would have to go up tocover everything if deduct meters were the norm...but at least we as consumers could be sure we were paying for what we USE versus what we have now.
DaDog

Greensburg, PA

#45 Feb 2, 2011
Shadango wrote:
I guess the other side of this is that you know as well as I do that SOME people would take advantage of deduct meters...they would run a hose from their outside spigot to their toilets and bathtubs so they could avoid sewage charges.....so I can see why the water authorities/sweage authorities are not jumping at the concept. Plus, I am sure that some of the authorities if not all see it as a loss of income and maybe rates would have to go up tocover everything if deduct meters were the norm...but at least we as consumers could be sure we were paying for what we USE versus what we have now.
In Carrol Twp. there is an over run charge tacked onto the bill. And it always jumps up after heavy rain fall. Some have said they must treat our rain run off.????
Troublemaker

Pittsburgh, PA

#46 Feb 2, 2011
So far in this discussion, there's been no mention of the frack water McKeesport's been treating.

“Truth Will Set Us Free”

Since: May 08

Mckeesport

#48 Feb 2, 2011
Troublemaker wrote:
So far in this discussion, there's been no mention of the frack water McKeesport's been treating.
You would think citizens would be concerned about this hazardous waste that makes its way through our city on a daily basis. I have also always stated since they started treating this outside contaminated byproduct of Marcellus Shale Drilling that the increase revenues generated there should be accompanied by a rate reduction. Authorities are not private businesses. They should break even and build a little surplus to handle emergency situations. They should not be "for profit".
DaDog

Greensburg, PA

#49 Feb 2, 2011
Sluggo wrote:
<quoted text>
You would think citizens would be concerned about this hazardous waste that makes its way through our city on a daily basis. I have also always stated since they started treating this outside contaminated byproduct of Marcellus Shale Drilling that the increase revenues generated there should be accompanied by a rate reduction. Authorities are not private businesses. They should break even and build a little surplus to handle emergency situations. They should not be "for profit".
Good point. The problem being that a "little surplus" is what ever the authority wants.

Location hidden

#50 Feb 3, 2011
Sluggo wrote:
<quoted text>
Authorities are not private businesses. They should break even and build a little surplus to handle emergency situations. They should not be "for profit".
This is why instead of all of us bitching about the high rate and demanding lower rates, we should all instead be demanding transparency so we can see where the money is going.

Some (most people who have to pay the bill) say/feel like the authority is ripping us off.

The authority says they are not.

Well, easy to figure that out...open all the books publicly and explain where the money streams are going and what not.

Start there. Transparency.

“Truth Will Set Us Free”

Since: May 08

Mckeesport

#51 Feb 3, 2011
Yep.

With the Internet, there is absolutely no reason why all of this information shouldn't be at people's finger tips. The responsibility still lies with us to demand that all of the financials are made available.
mckresident

Garden City, MI

#52 Oct 27, 2013
Im getting ripped off, sewage bill way to high.water and sewage together almost equals my monthly rent.this is crazy.like wats going on.can somebody tell me.WOw, cant takeit nomore
losers club

West Mifflin, PA

#53 Oct 27, 2013
mckresident wrote:
Im getting ripped off, sewage bill way to high.water and sewage together almost equals my monthly rent.this is crazy.like wats going on.can somebody tell me.WOw, cant takeit nomore
did you ever think about going to a sewage authority meeting and complain? like they really care about you get a better paying job and you can pay your bills
banned

West Mifflin, PA

#54 Oct 28, 2013
i exposed myself and masterabted for 20 mins at a meeting and was banned for 10 years

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
democratic vs republician 17 hr Da Mon Valley 7
Fracking in Renzie Park (Sep '15) Sat Drill Baby Drill 54
Memorial Day Flags in Renzie Park (Jun '16) Sat Swamp Skunk 8
Boy Mayor Cuts Sewer Deal - and it STINKS (Sep '16) Sat Swamp Skunk 14
Our Mayor SUX May 25 Swamp Skunk 4
How to find? May 25 Ready Fiveskin 5
Paul Shelly Obama Snowflake Voter May 25 Swamp Skunk 6

McKeesport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance