the old burger king in olympia shopping center

Posted in the McKeesport Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
unknown

AOL

#1 Nov 15, 2010
why did this place close?
gimme a break

Monongahela, PA

#2 Nov 15, 2010
If memory serves, its closing occurred around that same time that Oak Park Mall was getting off the ground and Wendy's, Subway and Taco Bell were establishing themselves in that area.
The KFC was newly built when the Burger King was nearing the end of its operation there. Id have to think that along with the competition from McDonalds and more folks shopping at Oak Park rather than Olympia, its profits declined and they closed up shop.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#3 Nov 15, 2010
The Burger King shut down because of the uncleanliness that spewed out from the place. The place needed redone and like Gimme a Break said there was an influx of new fast food places recently built. Burger King is the best fast food place for burgers around here. Now the best, that title goes to White Castle. Burger King was just another death in the family of a city once known as the best. Half of Burger King's parking lot is on Versailles property.
Just Sayin

Mckeesport, PA

#4 Nov 15, 2010
R I P 15132 wrote:
The Burger King shut down because of the uncleanliness that spewed out from the place. The place needed redone and like Gimme a Break said there was an influx of new fast food places recently built. Burger King is the best fast food place for burgers around here. Now the best, that title goes to White Castle. Burger King was just another death in the family of a city once known as the best. Half of Burger King's parking lot is on Versailles property.
True. It was a filthy mess. I visited the drive though because the brgers are so much better but I had long quit entering.
anonymouse

Mckeesport, PA

#5 Aug 14, 2012
Does anybody know who owns the building?
Realtor

Belle Vernon, PA

#6 Aug 14, 2012
anonymouse wrote:
Does anybody know who owns the building?
There should be a sign near or on the building. There once was.
Drive thru

Pittsburgh, PA

#7 Aug 15, 2012
Wonder why the building has sat empty for so long though? Seems like a good location for fast food.....the shopping center is always busy and a lot of folks would rather go there than drive all the way to OPM and deal with the congestion around there....
Inquiring Minds

Apo, AE

#8 Aug 15, 2012
Is this the same drive thru that accidentally fried a rat and put it in some kid's Happy Meal or whatever the Burger King equivalent is. Grotesque!

Pardon me if it was some other BK or some other fast food chain. Fried rats are pretty gross there, McK.
Recorder oF Deads

Camp Hill, PA

#9 Aug 16, 2012
R I P 15132 wrote:
The Burger King shut down because of the uncleanliness that spewed out from the place. The place needed redone and like Gimme a Break said there was an influx of new fast food places recently built. Burger King is the best fast food place for burgers around here. Now the best, that title goes to White Castle. Burger King was just another death in the family of a city once known as the best. Half of Burger King's parking lot is on Versailles property.
Actually, the entire building is in Versailles Boro and a portion of the parking lot is in McKeesport.
Very Concerned

Satellite Provider

#10 Aug 16, 2012
Recorder oF Deads wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the entire building is in Versailles Boro and a portion of the parking lot is in McKeesport.
Hey McK!!!: We must be alert to this poster. Hopefully this person is recording only the dead by Natural Causes. Seems suspicious.

Since: Aug 11

West Palm Beach, FL

#11 Aug 16, 2012
I wonder if all the old folks that loafed there all day drinking coffee at senior pricing and taking up all the seats had anything to do with it.
Dead Fan

Belle Vernon, PA

#12 Aug 16, 2012
Recorder oF Deads wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, the entire building is in Versailles Boro and a portion of the parking lot is in McKeesport.
Thanks Mr Grim Reaper
Here We Go Again

Mckeesport, PA

#13 Aug 16, 2012
We welcome he new Dunkin Donut on East Fifth Avene.

Is this new business 150 or does it replace the one that ocuppied the building before?
Dead Pan

Elizabeth, PA

#14 Aug 16, 2012
Dead Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Mr Grim Reaper
Hutna!
Whadda Tardboy
#15 Aug 17, 2012
Inquiring Minds wrote:
Is this the same drive thru that accidentally fried a rat and put it in some kid's Happy Meal or whatever the Burger King equivalent is. Grotesque!
Pardon me if it was some other BK or some other fast food chain. Fried rats are pretty gross there, McK.
Wish some chain would offer "fried South Park".
Under the bridge

Satellite Provider

#16 Aug 17, 2012
Whadda Tardboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Wish some chain would offer "fried South Park".
Looks like someone lacks discipline and had to feed the troll.

Way to go, Billy Goat Gruff.
Phantom Diner

Gibsonia, PA

#17 Aug 30, 2012
Heard a rib and chicken joint is going in there.
My Three Cents

Mckeesport, PA

#18 Aug 30, 2012
Phantom Diner wrote:
Heard a rib and chicken joint is going in there.
How will their chicken differ from KFC next door?
joe

Pittsburgh, PA

#19 Aug 31, 2012
Here We Go Again wrote:
We welcome he new Dunkin Donut on East Fifth Avene.
Is this new business 150 or does it replace the one that ocuppied the building before?
across from the Polich Club?

That will be the Dunkin Donut previously was the repo guy and years ago was a Hardees. The building between that and the limo place that burnt down was a former small breakfast/lunch place
MADD 0196 Lodge

Mckeesport, PA

#20 Aug 31, 2012
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
across from the Polich Club?
That will be the Dunkin Donut previously was the repo guy and years ago was a Hardees. The building between that and the limo place that burnt down was a former small breakfast/lunch place
JJE can walk or stagger from the PNA and get a black coffee for the road!

Thanks Dunkin Donut for a public service.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News AG: 16 charged in connection with alleged illeg... (Sep '13) 1 hr superwilly 891
Poll Lake Emilie ready for trout season, what else c... 1 hr Collins Street Yoda 5
Circling The Wagons on Collins Street 2 hr Collins Street Yoda 41
News Mother arrested after Crawford Village beating ... 4 hr Book em Danno 26
NAME THE BEST MASD Directors EVER? 20 hr Long Arm of Law 46
Ferree Fired Again Fri Fair N Balanced 6
Walker to Protest Monroeville Mall Next Fri Diagnostic Center 111
More from around the web

McKeesport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]