Glassport Resident

Monongahela, PA

#1 Jul 10, 2014
Any reason as to why Glassport chooses not to offer recycling?
Expense

Homestead, PA

#2 Jul 10, 2014
It costs more to recycle than what you'd get from it.
good question

Monongahela, PA

#3 Jul 10, 2014
Glassport Resident wrote:
Any reason as to why Glassport chooses not to offer recycling?
Glassport used to offer recycling, I think they stopped it because it wasn't profitable. Not sure though, maybe others will have expanded answer for you.
Expense

Homestead, PA

#4 Jul 10, 2014
You people already cry about paying for services you receive. You would have to pay for this service
Eric Shun

West Mifflin, PA

#6 Jul 10, 2014
my sister recycles her used tampons by washing them out and drying them then reusing them. she's a real tree hugger.
Bless her heart
Catering to the slum lord

Homestead, PA

#7 Jul 10, 2014
I think the slum lords complained about having to pay the fee. They didn't want to pay for it.
boozers

West Mifflin, PA

#8 Jul 10, 2014
Expense wrote:
It costs more to recycle than what you'd get from it.
Then why are all the surrounding boroughs doing it azzwipe? with all the drunks in the boro you can make a mint with empty beer bottles and cans and empty whiskey bottles.
Libtarditis

Homestead, PA

#9 Jul 11, 2014
boozers wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why are all the surrounding boroughs doing it azzwipe? with all the drunks in the boro you can make a mint with empty beer bottles and cans and empty whiskey bottles.
You people gripe about your 21.00 fee, now you want recycling. You DO realize, there's a fee for this service, RIGHT? The other boroughs residents pay for this service. And yes it DOES cost more to recycle.
republican

Pittsburgh, PA

#10 Jul 11, 2014
We need some of us to run for office. Not these tardocrats. Maybe the town would look and be better. But who runs the dummycrat commitee? Oh that's right. Rosemary and her son.
Libtarditis

Homestead, PA

#11 Jul 11, 2014
republican wrote:
We need some of us to run for office. Not these tardocrats. Maybe the town would look and be better. But who runs the dummycrat commitee? Oh that's right. Rosemary and her son.
Do you really think a republican would get voted in this town full of section 8 freeloaders?
Libtarditis

Homestead, PA

#12 Jul 11, 2014
Sadly not thinking anyone would be smart enough to make that change
Jimmy

West Mifflin, PA

#13 Jul 11, 2014
Libtarditis wrote:
<quoted text>
You people gripe about your 21.00 fee, now you want recycling. You DO realize, there's a fee for this service, RIGHT? The other boroughs residents pay for this service. And yes it DOES cost more to recycle.
NO there is NO fee. the borough makes out on recycling that's why other surrounding towns do it, you think the boroughs that pick up recyclables are losing money azzclown....NO...

they'd make a mint just with the bars in town that put those empties into a dumpster with the rest of the trash that money can help out the town
youre clueless.

towns that recycle newspapers, cans, bottles, plastic,etc.

Clairton
Port Vue
Liberty Boro
McKeesport
East McKeesport
Munhall
West Mifflin
Braddock
Rankin

all profitable.. you azzclowns are clueless.
Earl

West Mifflin, PA

#14 Jul 11, 2014
yeah, just don't get caught stealing recycling material...they will fire you !!

Don't say recycling DONT pay off !!

http://triblive.com/neighborhoods/yourmckeesp...

Since: Sep 13

Ardsley, NY

#15 Jul 11, 2014
There is recycling here all the scrapper will come for a pound of any metal
Sanford and Son

Homestead, PA

#17 Jul 12, 2014
http://www.zerowastepgh.org/HTR-Airport.pdf

Doesn't cost anything huh?
Sanford and Son

Homestead, PA

#18 Jul 12, 2014
Earl wrote:
yeah, just don't get caught stealing recycling material...they will fire you !!
Don't say recycling DONT pay off !!
http://triblive.com/neighborhoods/yourmckeesp...
Yeah those scrapers will trespass on your property and take anything not tied down or secured. They come on my property they ain't walking away
Blaine

West Mifflin, PA

#19 Jul 12, 2014
Sanford and Son wrote:
http://www.zerowastepgh.org/HT R-Airport.pdf
Doesn't cost anything huh?
you azzwipe those things shouldn't and wont be picked up they contain Freon and Mercury , I'm talking cans, plastic bottles, newspapers, glass containers and bottles, howfuckingstupid are you?
Sanford and Son

Homestead, PA

#20 Jul 12, 2014
Blaine wrote:
<quoted text> you azzwipe those things shouldn't and wont be picked up they contain Freon and Mercury , I'm talking cans, plastic bottles, newspapers, glass containers and bottles, howfuckingstupid are you?
Hey Pissflaps stop with the angry Blackman routine
Shantilly Lace Butta Face

Mckeesport, PA

#22 Jul 16, 2014
Actually there is a trailer with recycling bins near the firehall that you can take your own glass and aluminum and put in it. I dont know if there is paper or not.
Jesie

Orlando, FL

#23 Sep 5, 2014
I did a presentation on recycling for one of my classes and it was a lot of fun to plan. I ended up learning so much from this project and I hope my class learned a lot from the presentation I gave. I plan to start recycling on a regular basis for now on.

Jessie | http://www.generalrecycling.com/recycling_ser...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where's Nicky Six??? 2 hr Tri Boro teller 3
Fawn Walker 3 hr Carl Williams 3
Mike Moses Political Loser 11 hr Moses For Sale 6
News Seven-term Pa. lawmaker pleads not guilty in ga... 11 hr Zeke the Pinhead 19
jfk? Mon Clips 16
Trump vs. Clinton Sun Morris 6
New Asian Supermarket on Fifth Avenue (Jan '13) Sun Hobo Jim 37
More from around the web

Personal Finance

McKeesport Mortgages