who was JOEY BERTONE?
gloria

Mckeesport, PA

#144 Dec 30, 2013
General, was you ever a waiter at Palmieris`s?
brad

Mckeesport, PA

#145 Jan 9, 2014
My brother Sal Bertone.. hope all is well... Remember the school lunch days? p.s. 1981 prom "late arrival to mckeesport landing to board vessel" priceless.. 4124012498
Old timer

Decatur, GA

#146 Jan 13, 2014
Joey Bertone was whacked by al monzo. Al lent him big money to open the restaurant, when he couldn't pay, he torched it to collect the insurance. Trouble was , it was declared an arson, insurance didn't pay off, goodbye Joey.
mr bigs

Mckeesport, PA

#148 Jan 21, 2014
Jack B Goode wrote:
I did some cursory web searching as to some of the above posts.
1963 Joey Bertone was convicted of burglary
1971 Federal Hijacking charges against Joey Bertone were dropped when a key witness was found dead on a deserted Westmoreland road with a bullet in his head.
1975 Joey was acquitted of loan-sharking in a US District court.
1975 Joe Grace was shot by Jocko Heatherington in the Noah's Arc floating bar off Water Street. Jocko was later convicted of involuntary manslaughter. Later an appeal was granted for the conviction, and Jock remained on bond. I could find nothing further as to the out come of the appeal.
December 17, 1977 Elizabeth “Betty Jane” Berquist, McKeesport Hospital nurse went missing.
April 15, 1978 the nurse's skull was found in Hawkins Hollow, Fayette County.
May 6, 1978 a Pgh Press article identified James Neal last known address as White Oak, then believed to be living in Florida as the boyfriend of the nurse, and father of the nurse's 2 year old daughter, Tara.
1978 Joey Bertone opened Joey's on Eden Park Blvd with out a liquor license.
1979 Pgh Press story reveals hearing information where the Production manager of the McKeesport Daily News said he was the owner of Joey's under oath, and Joey is just an employee, but the land is owned by Joey's parents.
1-15-1982 an implosion leveled Joey's bar.
August 2, 1982 Jocko Heatherington (51) was shot 7 times in N. Versailles. He was brain dead, but lingered on for a month.
1983 Joey rebuilt and opened Joey's II.
July 1, 1983 Francis "Rick" Ferri (50) was indicted for trying to blow up Buckaroos, Inc in Shady side.
6-17-1985 Joey Bertone (54) disappeared.
11-21-1985 a Post Gazette story details Joey's et als attempt to collect a million dollars from Joey's explosion in 1982. Gorge "Sonny" Jordan, SR. in court said he owned Joey's at the time of the explosion. Jorden was killed in a NY suspicious truck accident later.
June 20, 1987 Francis "Rick" Ferri (53) was sentenced for Jocko's murder to life in prison avoiding the death penalty. Anthony LaRocca (47) was also to be tried for the murder later that summer.
"Primo" is identified as Primo Mollica of Glassport. Mollica was known to control illegal gambling in the Monongahela Valley before his death in 2001 at age 65.
Who is the son which was recently arrested in the PA Attorney generals sting?
I heard the dude that killed the nurse came into Jocko's joint on the river and said he needed help coz he just knocked off his old lady. Somethin was supposedly thrown into the river from the bar boat that had somethin to do with the murder.
BigTheresa

Mckeesport, PA

#149 Mar 2, 2014
Red Robin wrote:
I do know James Neal? He is still running around White Oak and Versailles. Joey Bartone also had a child that no one knows about.
If you think you know so much, then tell us inquiring minds who he or she is? Some of us may already know!
Don Chico

Ardsley, NY

#150 Mar 2, 2014
BigTheresa wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think you know so much, then tell us inquiring minds who he or she is? Some of us may already know!
I was a close friend of Joey's and there is a daughter that he had from the area! He did confide in his one daughter that they had another sister. He had plans of introducing them before he disappeared.
crazyjoe

Mckeesport, PA

#151 Mar 19, 2014
Trigger Joe wrote:
youtube.com/watch...… heres what he was now heres his future
----------
Stupid - Way too stupid . Wanna go for a ride ? You sit in the front ," I'll be right behind you ."
trigger joe: what's the implication here? curious.
Lt Joe Kendra

Mckeesport, PA

#152 Mar 19, 2014
crazyjoe wrote:
<quoted text>
trigger joe: what's the implication here? curious.
Call me if you need help trying locate Joey.
Check This out

Harrisonburg, VA

#153 May 30, 2014
Joey B Expert

Pittsburgh, PA

#154 May 30, 2014
This is what I was able to uncover from the archives.

Somebody said he came from New Orleans
Where he got in a fight over a Cajun Queen
And a crashin' blow from a huge right hand
Sent a Louisiana fellow to the Promised Land, Big Joe.

Big Bad Joe.
It just is not so

Mckeesport, PA

#155 May 30, 2014
Joey B Expert wrote:
This is what I was able to uncover from the archives.
Somebody said he came from New Orleans
Where he got in a fight over a Cajun Queen
And a crashin' blow from a huge right hand
Sent a Louisiana fellow to the Promised Land, Big Joe.
Big Bad Joe.
You are too much.

Next you are telling me that Joey got a super make over and is now disguised as the Porkster?

He is under the witness protection program and that is why the Porkster will walk away and the authorities will apologize for troubling him with indictment for some 57 charges.
Joey B Expert

Pittsburgh, PA

#156 May 31, 2014
Ev'ry mornin' at the 'Port you could see him arrive
He stood six foot six and weighed two forty five
Kinda broad at the shoulder and narrow at the hip
And everybody knew, ya didn't give no lip to Big Joe
Looking Glass

Pittsburgh, PA

#157 Jun 3, 2014
There's a port on a MonYough bay
And it serves a hundred bums a day
Horny hobos pass the time away
And talk about their ho's

And there's a thug in this MonValley town
And he works layin' whiskey down
They say "Joey, fetch another round"
He serves them whiskey and wine

The hobos say "Joey, you're a fine thug" (you're a fine thug)
"What a good boss you would be" (such a fine thug)
"Yeah your eyes could steal a taxpayer from the Machine"
Hobo Jim

Ashburn, VA

#158 Jun 17, 2014
Looking Glass wrote:
There's a port on a MonYough bay
And it serves a hundred bums a day
Horny hobos pass the time away
And talk about their ho's
And there's a thug in this MonValley town
And he works layin' whiskey down
They say "Joey, fetch another round"
He serves them whiskey and wine
The hobos say "Joey, you're a fine thug" (you're a fine thug)
"What a good boss you would be" (such a fine thug)
"Yeah your eyes could steal a taxpayer from the Machine"
This little ditty has got me all hot and bothered. Need to get some body search action going. Hobo Jim's jazz hands need to be private parts inspectin.
Innocent CCD Baby

Pittsburgh, PA

#159 Jun 18, 2014
Is this the thread to use if you need to sign up for Machine benefits that I am entitled to?
Hobo Jim

Pittsburgh, PA

#160 Jun 18, 2014
Joey didn't take no guff from the Law. I'll open up a hobo can of whoop azz for any of you rigging tree huggin' tax payers. Just work your stinkin' jobs and I'll keep up on my hobo partay harday lifestyle that you beyotches owe my nasty jazz. Feel me?
lbv

Philadelphia, PA

#161 Dec 17, 2014
greenuys wrote:
Any connection to the disappearance/murder of that young nurse from McKeesport Hospital back in the 70s?
I had heard from a former bartender at lht LibertyVets that she had been last seen there with a date. Many years ago.
mck local

Pittsburgh, PA

#162 Dec 18, 2014
His widow is a nice looking older lady or would be considered wife.
heavy smoker

Pittsburgh, PA

#163 Dec 19, 2014
lbv wrote:
<quoted text>
I had heard from a former bartender at lht LibertyVets that she had been last seen there with a date. Many years ago.
Really? Do tell!
larry

New York, NY

#164 Dec 19, 2014
Played for bucs in 80s!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fidget Spinners? 4 hr Rachel Rack 10
Rosemary was a bag of wind 7 hr Aristotle Annie 8
yet another shooting 11 hr Pork Barrel Politics 14
who farted in porkys lunchbox Thu Pork Barrel Politics 7
President Tortorice and Greg Lombardo Thu The Shadow Knows 11
24 hour jitney number (May '14) Jul 18 JerryBrown 12
democratic vs republician Jul 17 Street Cop 14

McKeesport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance