No Good

Newark, NJ

#62 May 25, 2012
faraway wrote:
All you people on here talking about stuff you know nothing about. Give the Bertone infatuation a rest.
Yeah really, he was a goon and a prick.
They Way It Is

Mckeesport, PA

#63 May 25, 2012
faraway wrote:
All you people on here talking about stuff you know nothing about. Give the Bertone infatuation a rest.
Infatuation in your opinion, but in the public's opinion he personified Mob Valley crime and corruption.
Jolly Joey

Mckeesport, PA

#64 May 29, 2012
No Good wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah really, he was a goon and a prick.
He was meaner than a starved junk yard dog!

He extorted money from a old lady and got nailed.

“Change is the only constant”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#65 Jun 4, 2012
Claiming everyone here knows "nothing about" implies you know stuff the others do not. Obviously, you read something that rubs you the wrong way. Truth be told, several people on here nailed some information that only those familiar with the situations could possibly know. What do you care what we talk or reminisce or speculate about? It's a public forum and Joe was as much a part of the history of the town as some of the other street toughs and (ahem) gentlemen mentioned. If you read something that isn't true, then try and set the record straight with your inside knowledge or jump into the conversation or if it bothers you that much, take off! But what you DON'T get to do is tell others what and what not to discuss.
DaB

Mchenry, IL

#66 Jun 13, 2012
I associated with JB and family nearly every weekend and he was always good to us. Lotsa "anything you need call me / stop over." Was at the house often. Sal and I were friends. He was a connected guy with both Pittsburgh and Phili but nothing high in the ranks. I heard at one time he was a hired gun for Phili and NJ. Disapeared? I had suggested years ago that was hit while doing a job in NJ or was in witness protection thus explaining why the whole family seems to have fanished.
Hood Boundary

Mckeesport, PA

#67 Jun 14, 2012
Among, other things Joey started the hood reputation for Haler Heights.

Next, a former councilman Mike Nueman added to it with a failed line tap of a school director's phone in CP.

Then we got the formerly unsuccessful businessman Houston nailed on federal charges.

And, then there was a domestic murder on Beckman Drive years ago.

Yes, I think that HH may be described as an upscale ghetto.
Interested

Pittsburgh, PA

#68 Jun 14, 2012
Any further info on the murder you talk about?
link to beckman murder

Pittsburgh, PA

#69 Jun 14, 2012
Hood Boundary

Mckeesport, PA

#70 Jun 14, 2012
link to beckman murder wrote:
http://news.google.com/newspap ers?nid=1129&dat=19850207 &id=C4NIAAAAIBAJ&sjid= PG4DAAAAIBAJ&pg=5454,14491 39
Thanks for validating one of my points. You are an expert researcher.

Can you retrieve the link(s) to a scandal involving a former executive (Robert Bigge) at the McKeesport Hospital about 10 years or more ago? He got nailed by the Feds for misdirection of over thousands of HUD funds for some remodeling on his home I believe in Edgewood. He was quickly convicted but I do know what the sentence was, if any.

I also vaguely recall on the fringes of this scandal was the mysterious death of a “business women” found in a room at a local popular hangout multi-floored motel. Also, I vaguely recall some ugly stuff in an incident in Glassport between two female lovers. I am not sure the bad persons in these incidents were ever apprehended.

I seem to recall Glassport is where JB was nailed by the authorities with a high jacked load of color TVs. The story goes that a key witness to this high jacking was found in Ohio permanently sleeping in the trunk of a mobster style vehicle. I think JB beat this one, but not sure. This JB thing is not connected to the Bigge incident and Glassport is the amusing common denominator.
link to beckman murder

Pittsburgh, PA

#71 Jun 15, 2012
All I did was google "beckman" and "mckeesport" and "murder"

I dont know if its fair to call HH a "upscale ghetto".....simply because of one domestic violence related murder and a couple guys with questionable "business" dealings.

Domestic violence happens everywhere, not just the ghetto. There have been similar happenings in "upscale" neighborhoods as well. Can you say OJ Simpson for one ? LOL

And crooks live everywhere.

There is a HUGE cluster of these types of hoodlums.....we call those places Harrisburg and Washington DC.....so much shady BS going on in those two places it makes McKeesport look like a monastery.
Hood Boundary

Mckeesport, PA

#72 Jun 15, 2012
link to beckman murder wrote:
All I did was google "beckman" and "mckeesport" and "murder"
I dont know if its fair to call HH a "upscale ghetto".....simply because of one domestic violence related murder and a couple guys with questionable "business" dealings.
Domestic violence happens everywhere, not just the ghetto. There have been similar happenings in "upscale" neighborhoods as well. Can you say OJ Simpson for one ? LOL
And crooks live everywhere.
There is a HUGE cluster of these types of hoodlums.....we call those places Harrisburg and Washington DC.....so much shady BS going on in those two places it makes McKeesport look like a monastery.
Well stated!

Even the wealthy owner of several newspapers had a little skirmish in the drive way with his estranged wife.

The surgeon from Buffalo NY just killed his girl friend and then himself yesterday, I believe.

I kind of disagree with you. I think the Port is corruption free, except for no accountability at the IV gate.
Haler Heights Hood

Mckeesport, PA

#73 Jun 15, 2012
Quit picking on us. We have more city employees, fireman, policeman, and elected officials than any other Ward.
Haler Heights Hood

Mckeesport, PA

#74 Jun 18, 2012
I am moving back to Scott Street area. It is closer to City Hall and Cornell school site where the educators and some guy called Hose had a lot of fun.
Haler Heights Hood

Mckeesport, PA

#75 Jun 19, 2012
Joey is a local hood hero.

He contributed to and earned the hood status for Haler Height. The Haler brotherhood thanks him for his sacrifices and newsworthy contributions.

The city should erect a monument to Joey next to the former mayor’s at the duck pond parking lot.

The mayor’s monument seems very lonely.

Two JB monuments seem very fitting and appropriate.
Johnny Deuces

Mckeesport, PA

#76 Jun 19, 2012
Git outta heah. Two JB statues ? So listen up , which one used his own money , needer one of dem. Who actually accomplished sumthin - Joey had a business for awhile. Who's still doin nuttin & still got his hands in the people's pockets ? Here's a clue for youse guys - it ain't Joey.

Da MDC is a phony inbred mob in bed wit da Feds. We need to go to the matresses & git rid of dem. Dis joint waz better off when da wise guys called the shots. Wut !
Innocent Student Friend

Apo, AE

#77 Jun 19, 2012
A friend of a friend was doing some research on Joey for a school project. This same friend attempted to find info via the prothonotaries site.....and GUESS WHAT?????? He went into deep debt and the poor guy hasn't even finished high school. True story! FACT!!!!

Free site my eye!!!! FACT!!!!!
Con Gal

Mckeesport, PA

#79 Jun 24, 2012
Innocent Student Friend wrote:
A friend of a friend was doing some research on Joey for a school project. This same friend attempted to find info via the prothonotaries site.....and GUESS WHAT?????? He went into deep debt and the poor guy hasn't even finished high school. True story! FACT!!!!
Free site my eye!!!! FACT!!!!!
Thanks for your contributions to my cause and bank account. Keep loggin on you fool.
faraway

Mount Vernon, WA

#80 Jul 4, 2012
EyesOverMcKeesport wrote:
Claiming everyone here knows "nothing about" implies you know stuff the others do not. Obviously, you read something that rubs you the wrong way. Truth be told, several people on here nailed some information that only those familiar with the situations could possibly know. What do you care what we talk or reminisce or speculate about? It's a public forum and Joe was as much a part of the history of the town as some of the other street toughs and (ahem) gentlemen mentioned. If you read something that isn't true, then try and set the record straight with your inside knowledge or jump into the conversation or if it bothers you that much, take off! But what you DON'T get to do is tell others what and what not to discuss.
I apologize.
mk taxpayer

Mckeesport, PA

#81 Jul 5, 2012
real person I knew his son well as far as what happened to him only Bill Lickert knew RIP
Melvin Bee Williams

Natick, MA

#82 Jul 5, 2012
Joey was a nice person. He helped out a whole lot of people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 1 hr No-Conviction Hil... 51,493
Council just got worse 1 hr Anna K 24
No kidding 1 hr Mitch 21
Poor lady Tigers Soccer 2 hr Soccer Mom 19
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 13 hr Just Saying 3,999
How many tax dodgers or felons or drunks do we ... 15 hr Taxi driver 1
35-th District House Representative Candidates 18 hr Bagman 27
•••
•••
•••

McKeesport Jobs

•••
•••
•••

McKeesport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••