Trial for McKeesport solicitor on drunk-driving charge

Posted in the McKeesport Forum

Per PG

Fairview, NJ

#1 Apr 30, 2012
Tipped

New Castle, PA

#3 Apr 30, 2012
Per PG wrote:
http://www.post-gazette.com/st ories/local/neighborhoods-sout h/trial-for-mckeesport-solicit or-on-drunk-driving-charge-633 737/
DUI Public Transparency - McKeesport

DUI Attorney McKeesport PA
http://tinyurl.com/JJE15132

http://tinyurl.com/JJEMcKeesportPA

McKeesport Solicitor Listed
http://tinyurl.com/John15132

Public Transparency #1 Priority

Report:
http://tinyurl.com/ComplaintE-Forms

McKeesport solicitor Elash charged with DUI after crash
Tuesday, February 14, 2012
By Moriah Balingit, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12045/1210131-...

The McKeesport solicitor who was badly hurt in a car crash following the mayor's inaugural ball declined comment today after being charged Friday with driving under the influence in connection with the accident.

John Jason Elash, 40, also faces summary offenses of speeding and driving without financial responsibility in connection with the crash, which occurred Jan. 22.

A blood test showed Mr. Elash had a blood alcohol content of .196, more than twice the legal limit, at the time of the crash, according to a criminal complaint.

Check
Tipped

New Castle, PA

#4 Apr 30, 2012
Mr. Elash and his attorney Anthony DeLuca declined comment as they left District Judge Eugene Riazzi's courtroom.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/local/nei...
Tipped

New Castle, PA

#5 Apr 30, 2012
In April, Mr. Elash informed McKeesport Police Chief Joe Pero of a post on Mr. Shelly's blog in which he expressed frustration at not being able to get coverage in a local newspaper.

"Does a Councilman have to Donate a Kidney live or go on a shooting spree at a Council Meeting to get coverage in ... the McKeesport Daily News?" he wrote.

The chief said he spoke to Mr. Shelly and told him that the post made city employees nervous and warned him if he posted a threat against a particular person, he could be prosecuted.

Mr. Shelly acknowledged the post was "a mistake" and apologized to the chief.

During the campaign, Mr. Shelly complained that his detractors were getting too personal.
-
Mayor Jim Brewster said Monday night that he hoped Mr. Shelly would resign to "deal with his issues." Mr. Brewster did not return calls for further comment.
http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/local/nei...
Tipped

New Castle, PA

#6 Apr 30, 2012
Solicitor Jason Elash said Mr. Shelly could be removed by a vote of council if he is convicted of a felony.
http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/local/nei...
Slugster Poetic Justice

Mckeesport, PA

#7 Apr 30, 2012
Tipped wrote:
Solicitor Jason Elash said Mr. Shelly could be removed by a vote of council if he is convicted of a felony.
http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/local/nei...
Yes, the solicitor said the Slugster should resign because that is what JB told him to say. JB said he should resign and then ended up with egg on his face when he was acquitted..

There is a big difference between the Shelly case and the solicitor's matter.

The Slugster was framed and then exonerated.
The Solicitor was caught by indisputable BAC evidence.

The Slugster may get some poetic justice and gratification out of this one?
calika

Youngwood, PA

#8 Apr 30, 2012
The city what a joke LOL from mayor down!
Do not forget

Sharon, PA

#9 Oct 24, 2013
Tipped wrote:
In April, Mr. Elash informed McKeesport Police Chief Joe Pero of a post on Mr. Shelly's blog in which he expressed frustration at not being able to get coverage in a local newspaper.
"Does a Councilman have to Donate a Kidney live or go on a shooting spree at a Council Meeting to get coverage in ... the McKeesport Daily News?" he wrote.
The chief said he spoke to Mr. Shelly and told him that the post made city employees nervous and warned him if he posted a threat against a particular person, he could be prosecuted.
Mr. Shelly acknowledged the post was "a mistake" and apologized to the chief.
During the campaign, Mr. Shelly complained that his detractors were getting too personal.
-
Mayor Jim Brewster said Monday night that he hoped Mr. Shelly would resign to "deal with his issues." Mr. Brewster did not return calls for further comment.
http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/local/nei...
Senator Brewster nor mayor Cherepko in McKeesport ask Elash to resign to deal with his problems. Obvious the ploy was all political and Elash and Brewster are in the same company. They are also in the same building with the same attitude. Don't disregard the need for the salt in the salt shaker or the reciprocal. Take John Jason Elash with a grain of salt.
Do not forget

Sharon, PA

#10 Oct 24, 2013
Slugster Poetic Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the solicitor said the Slugster should resign because that is what JB told him to say. JB said he should resign and then ended up with egg on his face when he was acquitted..
There is a big difference between the Shelly case and the solicitor's matter.
The Slugster was framed and then exonerated.
The Solicitor was caught by indisputable BAC evidence.
The Slugster may get some poetic justice and gratification out of this one?
Exactly. These are politically motivated McKeesport city hall friends that wanted Shelly out of a job. It was a lie, does Elash or Brewster offer a public apology to Paul Shelly? No.

Ok Elash you make a ton of serious mistakes, no big deal to you. To others and your past wife, you could care less about the results you bring to any but to yourself. If someone else suffers from a you do, you think no big deal of it. But, a lie about Paul Shelly that cost him his job, your "everyone makes mistakes" attitude doesn't extend to Paul.

You think the end justifies the means, and if he was damaged by lies just forget him, right? This is a constant disposable who cares system you held throughout the years. Your careless to others if they make mistakes, you commented with Brewster to rid of Paul. He didn't even commit the crime you commented about him on! Elash, you flip on your attitude about mistakes and make a huge deal about even lies about others! Your a complete mess and disgrace. You know you were drunk driving but refused to fess up early with honesty. You pled guilty to DUI, but who cares about Paul, kids especially your own, right? You prove to care only about yourself, continually.
MDC

Mckeesport, PA

#11 Oct 26, 2013
Do not forget wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly. These are politically motivated McKeesport city hall friends that wanted Shelly out of a job. It was a lie, does Elash or Brewster offer a public apology to Paul Shelly? No.

Ok Elash you make a ton of serious mistakes, no big deal to you. To others and your past wife, you could care less about the results you bring to any but to yourself. If someone else suffers from a you do, you think no big deal of it. But, a lie about Paul Shelly that cost him his job, your "everyone makes mistakes" attitude doesn't extend to Paul.

You think the end justifies the means, and if he was damaged by lies just forget him, right? This is a constant disposable who cares system you held throughout the years. Your careless to others if they make mistakes, you commented with Brewster to rid of Paul. He didn't even commit the crime you commented about him on! Elash, you flip on your attitude about mistakes and make a huge deal about even lies about others! Your a complete mess and disgrace. You know you were drunk driving but refused to fess up early with honesty. You pled guilty to DUI, but who cares about Paul, kids especially your own, right? You prove to care only about yourself, continually.
What? Are you serious? The cleaner and Paul got into a fight because the cleaner refused to support Paul. MDC had NOTHING to do with situation. Paul has posted more lies on here than anyone. Only job Paul lost was elected position. Cherepko won. His council won. Everyone voting knew Elash was part of team! If you want them gone, vote them out. If you don't have the votes, shut up
Troublemaker

Pittsburgh, PA

#12 Oct 26, 2013
MDC wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Are you serious? The cleaner and Paul got into a fight because the cleaner refused to support Paul. MDC had NOTHING to do with situation. Paul has posted more lies on here than anyone. Only job Paul lost was elected position. Cherepko won. His council won. Everyone voting knew Elash was part of team! If you want them gone, vote them out. If you don't have the votes, shut up
Let's take a look at those votes. How many times are they counting the cemeteries now? Two? Three?
For the Record

Mckeesport, PA

#13 Oct 26, 2013
MDC wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Are you serious? The cleaner and Paul got into a fight because the cleaner refused to support Paul. MDC had NOTHING to do with situation. Paul has posted more lies on here than anyone. Only job Paul lost was elected position. Cherepko won. His council won. Everyone voting knew Elash was part of team! If you want them gone, vote them out. If you don't have the votes, shut up
Paul was arrested a month or more after losing the election. It was clue one that the story was bogus as nobody would argue about a sign in a window a month after an election. As a matter of fact, Eddie had one of Paul's signs in his window until someone from the city, accompanied by a police officer, went into the cleaners and advise he remove it. That proves the cleaner was susceptible to strong arm tactics involving the police. He was selling weed out of there. They could shut him down or extract favors any time they wanted. He was the perfect patsy for the setup. If you forget, at the time, Paul was the only councilor outspoken about the police overtime scandal and had announced he was going to run against Brewster for Mayor. Both the Mayor and the Police had motive. This doesn't mean for certain that a setup happened,or that Brewster was involved. It does prove he had motive and we all know he had the power to carry this out. Its interesting that the cleaner got put away for a long time. It's tough to talk from behind bars and once a person is a convicted criminal, their word would come into question in a court of law.
Bob Marley

Mckeesport, PA

#14 Oct 26, 2013
For the Record wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul was arrested a month or more after losing the election. It was clue one that the story was bogus as nobody would argue about a sign in a window a month after an election. As a matter of fact, Eddie had one of Paul's signs in his window until someone from the city, accompanied by a police officer, went into the cleaners and advise he remove it. That proves the cleaner was susceptible to strong arm tactics involving the police. He was selling weed out of there. They could shut him down or extract favors any time they wanted. He was the perfect patsy for the setup. If you forget, at the time, Paul was the only councilor outspoken about the police overtime scandal and had announced he was going to run against Brewster for Mayor. Both the Mayor and the Police had motive. This doesn't mean for certain that a setup happened,or that Brewster was involved. It does prove he had motive and we all know he had the power to carry this out. Its interesting that the cleaner got put away for a long time. It's tough to talk from behind bars and once a person is a convicted criminal, their word would come into question in a court of law.
Why did Paul want a guy that was selling drugs out of his business to have his sign in the window in the first place?
Right

Sharon, PA

#15 Oct 27, 2013
Troublemaker wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's take a look at those votes. How many times are they counting the cemeteries now? Two? Three?
They have a system of absentee votes in McKeesport.
http://www.fjc.gov/public/pdf.nsf/lookup/EE-P... $file/EE-PAW-2-03-cv-1677-Pier ce.pdf

McKeesport residents paid out if pocket expenses for Elash hospital visit. McKeesport residents paid for the legal cost, but Paul Shelly was refused. These monies are to go for the city residents, but are used for personal use of city vehicles too.
Right

Sharon, PA

#16 Oct 27, 2013
McKeesport uses absentee ballots.
http://tinyurl.com/kuc3v22
tax payer

West Mifflin, PA

#17 Oct 27, 2013
call the AG in and straighten thus town out.it's corrupt i tell you!!!!!! fire all the crooks!.......LMAO!........the people are controlled ,,like gerbils running around a cylinder wire cage..........we control the people , we know they have no spines,no balls, all cowards that post in here and are to scared to open their mouths at meetings.....where is the outrage????? why not protesting? LMAO!
petunia pig

West Mifflin, PA

#18 Oct 27, 2013
Right wrote:
McKeesport uses absentee ballots.
http://tinyurl.com/kuc3v22
10 years ago? LOL! WOW! anything from 2012?,2008? 2004 ? anything? anything at all? HAAAAAA!
your going back further and further in time LOL!

what next, the MPD overtime, how about the cornell sex scandal?
scrap metal? nickolich pricing? delta report, drunken solicitor?
kickbacks?, hatch act? irs liens LMAO!! you'll never get us, HAAAAAAA!!! porky took care of back irs taxes, but you have to prove it.....HAAAAAAAA!!!!
sorry we do sloppy book keeping in the port.........LMAO!
you got a few guys caught on poker machines????????? LOL!

HAAAAAAA!!!!!

bring in the backhoes we have to dig deeper !!!!!!!!!!

we might hit oil!!!! HAAAAAA!!! right under city hall....LOLOLOLOLOL!
Hey

Sharon, PA

#19 Oct 29, 2013
petunia pig wrote:
<quoted text> 10 years ago? LOL! WOW! anything from 2012?,2008? 2004 ? anything? anything at all? HAAAAAA!
your going back further and further in time LOL!
what next, the MPD overtime, how about the cornell sex scandal?
scrap metal? nickolich pricing? delta report, drunken solicitor?
kickbacks?, hatch act? irs liens LMAO!! you'll never get us, HAAAAAAA!!! porky took care of back irs taxes, but you have to prove it.....HAAAAAAAA!!!!
sorry we do sloppy book keeping in the port.........LMAO!
you got a few guys caught on poker machines????????? LOL!
HAAAAAAA!!!!!
bring in the backhoes we have to dig deeper !!!!!!!!!!
we might hit oil!!!! HAAAAAA!!! right under city hall....LOLOLOLOLOL!
John Jason Elash,

You were asked how much your insurance went up. For now, McKeesport residents will be inclined to believe you were dropped by your insurance carrier. You still stealing from your ex wife's lottery money?

Do you even pay child support. We expect immaturity, but when you take your medicine John Elash, can you answer civilly? We know your not very mentally stable by these Haaaa! Messages.

Get the help you need John. After all, running around the parking lot at city hall doesn't count for work!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nurse Found Dead in Car 2 hr Safari James 8
who was JOEY BERTONE? (Apr '10) Wed Its Sfinsxy Baby 217
Vote Fawn Out Wed Btr 51
Entire narcotics unit in McKeesport named in pa... (Apr '12) Wed Touched Untouchable 174
yo Tue Your Head is Inje... 12
Circling The Wagons on Collins Street Mar 2 Btr 19
McKeesport Election Mar 2 Justice is Perper... 35

Flood Warning for Allegheny County was issued at March 05 at 9:21PM EST

McKeesport Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

McKeesport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:56 am PST

Yahoo! Sports 7:56AM
Things getting very awkward between Troy Polamalu and Steelers
NFL 8:28 AM
Joe Haden on Browns CB Justin Gilbert: He's growing up
Bleacher Report11:42 AM
Run Stuffing DTs Headline Browns' Free Agent Big Board
CBS Sports 1:49 PM
Hoyer on Manziel: 'It takes a big person to check into rehab'
Bleacher Report 6:18 PM
Why Collins Should Be Steelers' Ultimate Target