Where Did All The Sewage Money Go?

Where Did All The Sewage Money Go?

Posted in the McKeesport Forum

Fuzzy Math

Dravosburg, PA

#1 Nov 7, 2013
Just a few years back, the city had a windfall from selling off the sewage lines to the sewage authority. It was $24 million with I believe $10 million being used to retire some debt service. How could could the administration have blown through $14 million in two years with few roads getting paved and few houses being demolished?

http://www.tubecityonline.com/almanac/entry_2...

There's only $900,000 left in the "Mayor's Fund" and we can be broke next year despite reducing our debt obligations by $1 million a year and gaining a $1 Million dollar host fee from the authority. What gives?

http://triblive.com/neighborhoods/yourmckeesp...
part time skimmers

West Mifflin, PA

#2 Nov 7, 2013
why do council members get paid over $330.00 a month each and school board members get nothing?

sure does make a good car payment on the tax payers dime. Are they worth $333.00 a month for a few hours of meeting gatherings?

why do we pay the council members anything?

how do they justify their 'salaries'?

wouldnt it be nice for each and every member of council to 'donate' their monthly salaries back to the general fund? I mean do the math approx $4,000.00 per year times 7 council members.......

anyone?
Political Pimps

West Mifflin, PA

#3 Nov 7, 2013
some run for office knowing if elected that about pays their monthly utility bills, and internet and phone, and a few nights out a month for dinner, yes folks all on your tax money.

politicians getting a free handout , think about it
like a welfare check once a month .

no council member that posts in here can tell me why you think your few hours a month is worth over $330.00 ? a motion can be brought up at a meeting on the floor to eliminate these foolish garnishments..

someone can bring it on the floor, get a second, and all you need are 4 votes, who has the balls to do that?

anyone?
Mayor

West Mifflin, PA

#4 Nov 7, 2013
I agree the city is broke, what better way to start managing money stop that $330.00 per council person per month,if they vote to OK the bills, why not start there? Does any council person ever say, "We cant afford that", "Lets cut back on useless things"...what a great gesture that would be as a council member?????
Moron

United States

#5 Nov 7, 2013
Mayor wrote:
I agree the city is broke, what better way to start managing money stop that $330.00 per council person per month,if they vote to OK the bills, why not start there? Does any council person ever say, "We cant afford that", "Lets cut back on useless things"...what a great gesture that would be as a council member?????
Yea that $28,000 really makes a dent in a 2 million dollar deficit. This is why there should literacy test to vote.
Curious

Dravosburg, PA

#6 Nov 7, 2013
What is the Mayor's salary these days? How much does that Tahoe cost us on a monthly basis? Is he paying the gas, insurance and maintenance or are we? I don't remember any mayor before Brewster having a city vehicle. Kucich for certain used his own vehicle. It's two miles at most from Fawcett plan to City Hall. How does that justify a city vehicle? That vehicle would cost an ordinary citizen about $10,000 a year in payments, gas and maintenance. Who approved such a pay increase for the Mayor?
council member

West Mifflin, PA

#7 Nov 7, 2013
Moron wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea that $28,000 really makes a dent in a 2 million dollar deficit. This is why there should literacy test to vote.
every little bit helps. eh?
I think a city that is broke i'd be ashamed to take $333.00 a month off the tax payers......whats that come down to......lets do the math here.......... workshop session, regular monthly meeting,,,,,,,,,,maybe 4 hours top? lets see.........$333.00 a month divided by say 4 hours..........drum roll ).........83.00 @ hour......not a bad gig,eh?!!!!!!!!!
My Take

Dravosburg, PA

#8 Nov 7, 2013
council member wrote:
<quoted text>every little bit helps. eh?
I think a city that is broke i'd be ashamed to take $333.00 a month off the tax payers......whats that come down to......lets do the math here.......... workshop session, regular monthly meeting,,,,,,,,,,maybe 4 hours top? lets see.........$333.00 a month divided by say 4 hours..........drum roll ).........83.00 @ hour......not a bad gig,eh?!!!!!!!!!
A good council person is out in the community and helping citizens with issues. They earn their money. If a council person is just showing up to bob their head up and down, I'd agree with you. In other words, some of them probably deserve their pays and others don't.
council member

West Mifflin, PA

#9 Nov 7, 2013
Curious wrote:
What is the Mayor's salary these days? How much does that Tahoe cost us on a monthly basis? Is he paying the gas, insurance and maintenance or are we? I don't remember any mayor before Brewster having a city vehicle. Kucich for certain used his own vehicle. It's two miles at most from Fawcett plan to City Hall. How does that justify a city vehicle? That vehicle would cost an ordinary citizen about $10,000 a year in payments, gas and maintenance. Who approved such a pay increase for the Mayor?
What does council members cost us a month?$333.00 a month,,,,,,,that approx $4,000.000 A year for each council member,,,,,,,,,,times 7 council members..........that's about $28,000.00 a year, seems like council giving up 28K is more than 10K a year in suv gas, maintenance ,etc? What do you think? Seems like a lot of council members posts on here,eh? LMAO!
whocares

Dravosburg, PA

#10 Nov 7, 2013
what does a solicitor who wins a case as often as the cubs win a series cost us?
larry

West Mifflin, PA

#11 Nov 7, 2013
My Take wrote:
<quoted text>
A good council person is out in the community and helping citizens with issues. They earn their money. If a council person is just showing up to bob their head up and down, I'd agree with you. In other words, some of them probably deserve their pays and others don't.
the only time i see politicians is when they are out campaigning trying to get a $333.00 a month salary....LOL ! after election I never see one asking tax payers any issues that might have,( except at a public meeting ) they dont even answer their districts email..what a joke,,,,,,,,,cut that $333.00 a month and help the city out..........you're suppose to serve the city as school board members do and they dont get paid?????? arent they out there too answering tax payers questions??

you are all money grabbing politicalwhores !
Moron

United States

#12 Nov 7, 2013
larry wrote:
<quoted text>the only time i see politicians is when they are out campaigning trying to get a $333.00 a month salary....LOL ! after election I never see one asking tax payers any issues that might have,( except at a public meeting ) they dont even answer their districts email..what a joke,,,,,,,,,cut that $333.00 a month and help the city out..........you're suppose to serve the city as school board members do and they dont get paid?????? arent they out there too answering tax payers questions??
you are all money grabbing politicalwhores !
Moron #2 must get his info from Moron #1. There is no city email address for councilmen. So who are you emailing?
Moron

United States

#13 Nov 7, 2013
council member wrote:
<quoted text>What does council members cost us a month?$333.00 a month,,,,,,,that approx $4,000.000 A year for each council member,,,,,,,,,,times 7 council members..........that's about $28,000.00 a year, seems like council giving up 28K is more than 10K a year in suv gas, maintenance ,etc? What do you think? Seems like a lot of council members posts on here,eh? LMAO!
Wow did you really do all that basic math to come up with the same $28,000 I just posted? Bully for Moron #1! Can you solve the federal deficit too?
Moron

United States

#14 Nov 7, 2013
council member wrote:
<quoted text>every little bit helps. eh?
Moron #1 is like the real life Will Hunting! Stephen Hawking is waiting on you!
the nose knows

West Mifflin, PA

#15 Nov 7, 2013
Moron wrote:
<quoted text>
Moron #2 must get his info from Moron #1. There is no city email address for councilmen. So who are you emailing?
Many have given me their email addresses, except you and 1 other....while you're here gimme yours???
Only In McKeesport

Dravosburg, PA

#16 Nov 8, 2013
$14 million may be unaccounted for and you are having a pizzing contest over $4000.
Boris

West Mifflin, PA

#17 Nov 8, 2013
Only In McKeesport wrote:
$14 million may be unaccounted for and you are having a pizzing contest over $4000.
and who's fault is it that the 14 million is missing?

There's only one answer........ drum roll..........who's approving the bills??????
Moron

United States

#18 Nov 8, 2013
Boris wrote:
<quoted text> and who's fault is it that the 14 million is missing?
There's only one answer........ drum roll..........who's approving the bills??????
You are right moron! The city should just stop paying the bills!! They can say they are a reflection of the citizens of the city.
Goon

Mckeesport, PA

#19 Nov 8, 2013
He s a goon!!! He himself is responsible for the rising costs. Needlessly creating costs. Overtime is out of control!!! Fix it Mayor. Do something instead of prancing around this City like you are a King!!!!!
Curious wrote:
ex councilman

West Mifflin, PA

#20 Nov 8, 2013
Goon wrote:
He s a goon!!! He himself is responsible for the rising costs. Needlessly creating costs. Overtime is out of control!!! Fix it Mayor. Do something instead of prancing around this City like you are a King!!!!!
<quoted text>
Again only council can put the brakes on spending.....it's their job, thats what they get paid to do.....

Should of been done years ago.....you do whats right for the city not what someone tells how to vote.

council controls the purse strings.......never forget that!
keep someone with balls to run your city like they run their homes,,live within your means......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I love Mckeesport (Aug '16) 7 hr Hobo Jim 55
democratic vs republician (May '17) 23 hr Malcom INXS 80
anyone remember that guy who faked jumping off ... (Nov '11) Fri Gentle Reader 10
who was JOEY BERTONE? (Apr '10) Fri Malcon INXS 333
What was brick alley? any pictures?any stories? (Apr '10) Apr 15 Hobo Jim McKeesport 90
Little Perv Apr 13 Disgusted 23
The Viking to Re Open in JULY Apr 10 Department of Inj... 5

McKeesport Jobs

Personal Finance

McKeesport Mortgages