First Prev
of 4
Next Last
diane mihuc baumann

Zephyrhills, FL

#1 Feb 5, 2010
My worst was SAM LA ROSSA 4 th grade G.W. I was in his BOOK OF THE MONTH CLUB.....my friends were not in the club and I was told to drop my friends or leave the club.....I CHOSE MY FRIENDS....THE REST OF THE YEAR HE WOULD USE ME AS AN EXAMPLE TO THE WHOLE CLASS...HE EVEN HIT ME WITH MISS SUSABELL HIS PADDLE 2 diferent times.....I wish he did not retire...now in these days....he could be charged and jailed for hitting a student let let a lone a 9 yr girl THE BEST TEACHERS WHERE MR ROCHE(history)MR POLACK(band) MR GISLER(history
Former MASD Student

AOL

#2 Feb 5, 2010
diane mihuc baumann wrote:
My worst was SAM LA ROSSA 4 th grade G.W. I was in his BOOK OF THE MONTH CLUB.....my friends were not in the club and I was told to drop my friends or leave the club.....I CHOSE MY FRIENDS....THE REST OF THE YEAR HE WOULD USE ME AS AN EXAMPLE TO THE WHOLE CLASS...HE EVEN HIT ME WITH MISS SUSABELL HIS PADDLE 2 diferent times.....I wish he did not retire...now in these days....he could be charged and jailed for hitting a student let let a lone a 9 yr girl THE BEST TEACHERS WHERE MR ROCHE(history)MR POLACK(band) MR GISLER(history
Is the same person/teacher who was honored by the community?
diane mihuc baumann

Zephyrhills, FL

#3 Feb 5, 2010
i do Not know...his dad was a very nice man who worked with the boy's club.....I remember one day a crossing gaurd went to the principle about things she heard from some of the kids about what really happened in his class....HE YELED AT ME IN FROUNT OF THE CLASS AND MADE ME MOVE MY DESK INTO THE HALL... HE ACCUSED ME OF TELLING ON HIM...I did not even live anywhere near where the crossing graurd worked....but he would not give me a chance to tell him...I can really understand how child abusers can get away with what they do....when you are 9 years old and an adult does this to you....you begin to think what adult can I trust.....who could I go to, the principle,...and risk getting treated worse by him.....every time my mother would call him he would tell everyone in class about the call..so I was afraid to even tell my parents....MAYBE HE IS THE REASON I BECAME AN LAWYER...SO I COULD DEFEND THE HELPLESS....
The Gipper

AOL

#4 Feb 5, 2010
I would have fired him and his union brothers for tolerating this animal.
GEORGE WASHINGTON STUDENT

Orlando, FL

#5 Feb 6, 2010
MY BROTHER BOB HAD HIM AT GEORGE WASHINGTON IN 1969-1970....FOR YEARS HE COMPLAINED THAT HE WAS A JERK...He would pick 2 girls in class and they where his DARLINGS...he would have them do special projects for him at his desk.....my dad use to say "THANK --- NONE OF MY DAUGHTERS ARE IN THAT CLASS ..OR I WOULD HAVE TO HAVE A MAN TO MAN WITH HIM IN THE PARKING LOT'that club he had could do no wrong...they all got all the parts in his big production(SCROOGE) the only thing BOB LIKED WAS WHEN HE WAS WORKING ONTHE PLAY THEY DID NOT HAVE ANY CLASSES...all day long was play practice......
Former Cornell stufent

United States

#6 Feb 6, 2010
He was a complete jerk. Now that I'm older I'd love to see him poke his finger in my chest and scream at me now. Did I mention he did this on front of the whole class because I mispelled a word? Yes a 5th grader actually mispelled a word.
The Gipper

AOL

#7 Feb 7, 2010
Former Cornell stufent wrote:
He was a complete jerk. Now that I'm older I'd love to see him poke his finger in my chest and scream at me now. Did I mention he did this on front of the whole class because I mispelled a word? Yes a 5th grader actually mispelled a word.
Again, I would have fired him and all his union supporters.

It is sad how one bad apple - gives an unfair reputation to the other very good and caring teachers.
LIM

Monessen, PA

#8 Feb 7, 2010
Wow, all these horror stories make me so thankful that I didn't attend MASD!
Not Only MASD

AOL

#9 Feb 7, 2010
LIM wrote:
Wow, all these horror stories make me so thankful that I didn't attend MASD!
I had very fair treatment and excellent teachers years ago at MASD Tech High school. If you wanted to learn they were more than capable and willing to deliver. If there was teaching/learning disconnect, I was the problem -- not the teachers.

However, in graduate school at one of the local universities I had a professor who was brutal toward one student in my class. He was taking the grad course over for the third time and this keep him from completing his MS. I am sure it happens everywhere. Who would expect this unfairness at this level?

And, I know of a case at a state university where a professor failed like 16 out 19 students in a senior level math course. Most of these students were math majors --- how did so many lose it in their senior year? The professor did not teach the following term, but the students had to pay to retake the course. He did his damage and went on. At least the university corrected the problem, but it cost the students.

No teaching entity has a monopoly on fairness and compassion.
Former Cornell student

Frisco, TX

#10 Feb 7, 2010
There were good teachers at masd. Larossa was one of the worst. Geisler was one of the best teachers I had in hs or college
hellen

Zephyrhills, FL

#11 Feb 7, 2010
SAM LAROSA how did he get away with all of that ?
Sad

Pittsburgh, PA

#12 Feb 7, 2010
Mr. Kritikos was the best. He took a very sincere interest in every one of his students. If they asked for help, he would spend hours helping them with algebra. He would help in other subjects too. He died way too early, I fumbled the rest of my way through high school without him. I also was very fond of Mrs. Thompson, Mr. Kistler, Mr. Geisler & the other algebra teacher, her name is escaping me right now but she was cool, she was not well liked but I adored her
Top Teachers

United States

#13 Feb 7, 2010
Ken Mitchell and Janet Robb need I say more. Lets not forget Mr Barry from Cornell, although I don't think he is still there.
datdude

Mckeesport, PA

#14 Feb 8, 2010
Sad,
Did she have a troll on her chalkboard? Short hair and glasses? Mrs. Green something.
Sad

Pittsburgh, PA

#15 Feb 8, 2010
datdude wrote:
Sad,
Did she have a troll on her chalkboard? Short hair and glasses? Mrs. Green something.
I don't think so, she was older, not Mrs. Green. She was there at least until 96. Her name is right at the tip of my tongue, I can't believe I don't remember her name. Her & I mourned Mr. Kritikos together & we would talk in the mornings in the hall before homeroom began.
mad guy

Greensburg, PA

#16 Feb 8, 2010
mr mantich was terrible. he catered to the needs only of hot girls and the football squad.
How About

United States

#17 Feb 8, 2010
Mrs O'neil 40 years and still going strong. She truly made history come to life.
The Voice

Las Cruces, NM

#18 Feb 8, 2010
Jimmy Shoy is the best teacher masd has ever seen. Maybe evenin the world.
Ray

Pittsburgh, PA

#19 Feb 9, 2010
The Voice wrote:
Jimmy Shoy is the best teacher masd has ever seen. Maybe evenin the world.
Mr. Luketic late 70's taught math algebra
Former Cornell student

United States

#20 Feb 9, 2010
How about Tulius? That guy was a nutcase. I think he ended up getting fired

Or how bout the computer guy piesak (sp?). He was a wacko

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Paul Shelly Obama Snowflake Voter 17 min liberals are racist 5
AJ Richardson for McKeesport Mayor! (Oct '15) 1 hr Candyman 13
Lets clean house 1 hr Candyman 43
News 5 Plead Guilty In Alleged Mon Valley Gambling Ring (Apr '14) 5 hr Candyman 75
Gergley charged with gambling and corruption (Mar '16) 5 hr Candyman 127
Leave it to the Catholic Church to cover-up a c... May 19 Candyman 5
How to find? May 15 Curious 4

McKeesport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

McKeesport Mortgages