Pucker Up

Monongahela, PA

#1 Aug 18, 2013
In this day and age when EVERYONE wants to pay their bills online so as to save postage, time and hassle, there are few businesses who do not take check and credit card payments online.

MOST do this for free, realizing that when customers do so, it saves money for the business in processing the paper bills and checks.

But not the sewage folks here in our city.

No.

They want to charge you $3.00 "convenience fee" for a $0-$100 payment. Doubles to $6 for $101-200.$3.00 more for each $100 in payment.

They can kiss my white azz.

I will drop my payments in their drop box and make them work, or spend the half a buck to mail it.

UNREAL.
American Express

West Mifflin, PA

#2 Aug 18, 2013
these issues should be brought up at the sewage authority meetings ,unless everyone is afraid to go for being exposed,live with it.......by law they cannot charge a fee if you give them your routing # on your bank account for electronic withdrawal......... debit card,credit card,etc ,yes they can charge you.......
American Express

West Mifflin, PA

#3 Aug 18, 2013
OK my mistake they dont accept bank account withdrawal,,,thats how they get around the law......... storm the sewage authority ........
Troublemaker

Pittsburgh, PA

#4 Aug 19, 2013
American Express wrote:
these issues should be brought up at the sewage authority meetings ,unless everyone is afraid to go for being exposed,live with it.......by law they cannot charge a fee if you give them your routing # on your bank account for electronic withdrawal......... debit card,credit card,etc ,yes they can charge you.......
Since when can the public go to a sewer authority meeting? Does anyone know when they supposedly have them?
Screwum

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 Aug 19, 2013
American Express wrote:
OK my mistake they dont accept bank account withdrawal,,,thats how they get around the law......... storm the sewage authority ........
Exactly....and that $3.000 fee is bullshit, just like the 10% late fees they charge.

Accepting a credit card payment does NOT cost a vendor $3.00 per transaction...more like $.25 or so.

Just another instance of the MACM jacking up fees to suit themselves.

They can keep paying to process my paper check instead. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do black people abuse the welfare system? (Mar '10) 1 hr Truth Hurts 89
What Good is Glassport Community Outlook Facebo... 7 hr Queeg 42
McKeesport ripoffs at City Hall 7 hr Hobo Jim 36
I love Mckeesport 8 hr Hobo Jim 11
SA football - What the heck happened? (Oct '13) 18 hr Queeg 12
Gergley charged with gambling and corruption (Mar '16) 22 hr The Touchables 55
What happened to the 6000.00 set up money for t... Aug 25 Sir Repko 8

McKeesport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance