D-Day almost here for politicians and...

D-Day almost here for politicians and those with political connections

Posted in the McKeesport Forum

First Prev
of 34
Next Last
Ramone

Mckeesport, PA

#1 Aug 7, 2012
Isn't Imbrignio to be sentenced August 9th? Wonder how soon after the big trees will fall? This will get interesting!
Time Will Tell

Mckeesport, PA

#2 Aug 7, 2012
Ramone wrote:
Isn't Imbrignio to be sentenced August 9th? Wonder how soon after the big trees will fall? This will get interesting!
I would think the federal agents are chopping away at some large diameter timber.

I suspect that the MASD and City and WMASD will have a few timbers hacked at. Yes it could be very interesting and uncomfortable for some.

Do you know where I can get a good deal on four tires without paying sales tax?
Unknown at This Time

Mckeesport, PA

#3 Aug 7, 2012
If justice prevails for the multiple DUI solicitor on Aug 13, then I agree with you the big timber could fall next.

If he is acquited then it is the same old mob city. And, he will continue to be a squatter at city hall and Mikey will let him off rent free.
What

Irwin, PA

#4 Aug 8, 2012
Time Will Tell wrote:
<quoted text>
I would think the federal agents are chopping away at some large diameter timber.
I suspect that the MASD and City and WMASD will have a few timbers hacked at. Yes it could be very interesting and uncomfortable for some.
Do you know where I can get a good deal on four tires without paying sales tax?
What do you think this is? The cops arrested him right away! We applaud the police!
Two time

Irwin, PA

#5 Aug 8, 2012
It's nice to know local government works.
Confucius Say

Mckeesport, PA

#6 Aug 8, 2012
Ramone wrote:
If Ralph sings others will swing!
All to see

New Brighton, PA

#7 Aug 9, 2012
Ramone wrote:
Where's the results?
hands in the cookie jar

Mckeesport, PA

#8 Aug 9, 2012
anybody know what happened?
Heard on the Street

Mckeesport, PA

#9 Aug 9, 2012
hands in the cookie jar wrote:
anybody know what happened?
Sentencing on December 6, 2:00 pm. Out on $10,000 bond. Must pay back all the illegal booty.
Imbrogno Case Update

Mckeesport, PA

#10 Aug 9, 2012
August 9, 2012 11:56 am
Share with others:

By Mary Niederberger / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Former Clairton City Manager Ralph D. Imbrogno pleaded guilty this morning in U.S. District Court to one count of theft for defrauding the West Mifflin Area School District of $9,995 by receiving an illegal painting contract for his son's firm.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Carolyn Bloch said Mr. Imbrogno, 65, was aided in his scheme by former West Mifflin Superintendent Patrick Risha, who retired in November 2009 and died in October 2010.

In outlining the case against Mr. Imbrogno before U.S. District Judge Cathy Bissoon, Ms. Bloch said that Mr. Imbrogno and Mr., Risha knew each other from political activities and that they conspired to steer painting contracts to Mr, Imbrogno's son, Anthony.

The theft charge stems from an October 2009 contract to paint Emerson Elementary School. Ms. Bloch said Mr. Risha explained to Mr. Imbrogno that the district needed to see three bids to award the painting contract, which would go to the lowest bidder.

So, the prosecutor said, Mr. Imbrogno went back to his staff at the Clairton Municipal Building and had them create two false proposals for the job. Those proposals were from Farkas Flooring Contractors for $10,995 and Yacavace & Planich Painting for $11,250.

The third and lowest bid for the job came from Mr. Imbrogno's son for $9,995.

The Imbrogno firm was awarded the contract.

Mr. Imbrogno was furloughed from his long-time Clairton job in 2010.

Ms. Bloch said although Mr. Imbrogno pleaded guilty to one count of theft, evidence showed there were 10 contracts received by his son in this manner for a total of $94,439 between May 30, 2008, and March 2, 2010.

Mr. Imbrogno had no comment after entering his guilty plea. He faces sentencing before Judge Bissoon at 2 p.m. Dec. 6. The maximum penalty is 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine, but federal sentences are typically lower.

Outside of the courtroom, Mr. Imbrogno apologized to West Mifflin school director Phil Shar who attended the hearing.

Mr. Shar, who was a frequent and vocal critic of Mr. Risha's handling of contracts and change orders when he was superintendent, said his hope is that his district receives restitution.

"I think the taxpayers of West Mifflin deserve that," Mr. Shar said.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/local/nei ...
J Edgar

Mckeesport, PA

#11 Aug 11, 2012
Maybe school/town business managers and solicitors are next. They should have been the ones responsible to make sure the bids were legitimate.
Ness is Back

Mckeesport, PA

#12 Aug 11, 2012
J Edgar wrote:
Maybe school/town business managers and solicitors are next. They should have been the ones responsible to make sure the bids were legitimate.
You got it J. Edgar. Right on man!
24 shirt bearer

Braddock, PA

#13 Aug 11, 2012
Oh.
My Unfair Lady

Mckeesport, PA

#14 Aug 11, 2012
J Edgar wrote:
Do not forget the school board members and council members who vote for these contracts.

Just look the MASD PPM sweet deal contract that was not the low bidder.
Surcharge School Boards

Mckeesport, PA

#15 Aug 17, 2012
Surcharges would level the corruption field.
Political D lever

New Castle, PA

#17 Aug 19, 2012
New theft to the public is Democrat Mark B. Cohen. Pennsylvania is losing everything to these politicians.
Dirty Sweep

Mckeesport, PA

#18 Aug 20, 2012
J Edgar wrote:
You are correct J Edgar, they should be under the bright lights of the feds next.
The Beat Continues

Mckeesport, PA

#19 Aug 23, 2012
Our City is clean and we never stoop to these level of Pittsburgh Council schemes.

McKeesport City administration invested $14 million at zero interest and enjoyed four tickets to the Steeler/Raven game at M&T Stadium. We know how to do it and get away with it.

Former City Council aide pleads guilty, gets 5 years’ probation for chain saw theft

By Adam Brandolph

Published: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 6:56 p.m.
Updated 3 hours ago

An Allegheny County judge on Wednesday sentenced a former Pittsburgh City Council aide to five years of probation for using taxpayer money to buy $10,000 worth of chain saws and then filing a false report saying they were stolen.

Common Pleas President Judge Donna Jo McDaniel sentenced Matthew Hogue, 28, of Elliott, a former constituent services director for Councilman Bruce Kraus, for theft and filing false police reports. McDaniel also ordered Hogue to pay $10,565 in restitution.

Hogue pleaded guilty to the charges.
Hogue declined comment and referred calls to his attorney, David S. Shrager, who was not available.

Mike Manko, spokesman for the District Attorney’s Office, said he could not comment on the case.

Police said Hogue bought 13 commercial-grade Husqvarna chain saws on March 9 from Jefferson Hills Lawn Equipment in Jefferson Hills and on April 18 filed a police report stating that someone burglarized his home and took the saws the night before.

Kraus said he did not authorize the purchase.

Hogue told police he went jogging and left his basement door open. Police found no evidence of forced entry.
Police arrested Hogue on May 4.
Police said Hogue initially blamed the missing chain saws on a neighbor before admitting to buying them.
Haler Heights

Irwin, PA

#20 Aug 26, 2012
Imbrogno Case Update wrote:
August 9, 2012 11:56 am
Share with others:
By Mary Niederberger / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Former Clairton City Manager Ralph D. Imbrogno pleaded guilty this morning in U.S. District Court to one count of theft for defrauding the West Mifflin Area School District of $9,995 by receiving an illegal painting contract for his son's firm.
Assistant U.S. Attorney Carolyn Bloch said Mr. Imbrogno, 65, was aided in his scheme by former West Mifflin Superintendent Patrick Risha, who retired in November 2009 and died in October 2010.
In outlining the case against Mr. Imbrogno before U.S. District Judge Cathy Bissoon, Ms. Bloch said that Mr. Imbrogno and Mr., Risha knew each other from political activities and that they conspired to steer painting contracts to Mr, Imbrogno's son, Anthony.
The theft charge stems from an October 2009 contract to paint Emerson Elementary School. Ms. Bloch said Mr. Risha explained to Mr. Imbrogno that the district needed to see three bids to award the painting contract, which would go to the lowest bidder.
So, the prosecutor said, Mr. Imbrogno went back to his staff at the Clairton Municipal Building and had them create two false proposals for the job. Those proposals were from Farkas Flooring Contractors for $10,995 and Yacavace & Planich Painting for $11,250.
The third and lowest bid for the job came from Mr. Imbrogno's son for $9,995.
The Imbrogno firm was awarded the contract.
Mr. Imbrogno was furloughed from his long-time Clairton job in 2010.
Ms. Bloch said although Mr. Imbrogno pleaded guilty to one count of theft, evidence showed there were 10 contracts received by his son in this manner for a total of $94,439 between May 30, 2008, and March 2, 2010.
Mr. Imbrogno had no comment after entering his guilty plea. He faces sentencing before Judge Bissoon at 2 p.m. Dec. 6. The maximum penalty is 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine, but federal sentences are typically lower.
Outside of the courtroom, Mr. Imbrogno apologized to West Mifflin school director Phil Shar who attended the hearing.
Mr. Shar, who was a frequent and vocal critic of Mr. Risha's handling of contracts and change orders when he was superintendent, said his hope is that his district receives restitution.
"I think the taxpayers of West Mifflin deserve that," Mr. Shar said.
Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/local/nei ...
Are they connected with McKeesport?
Mr Welcome Back Carter

Pittsburgh, PA

#21 Aug 26, 2012
Seems to me that if this money were to be divided with others someone would have had to keep a record of all the contracts, the money involved and any change orders. Afterall, crooks usually don't trust other crooks.
Who would have been the most obvious person to do the record keeping? Maybe it was more than one person. Who would have had access to the records? Would they have had to give money to any particular political party so this money could be passed on to other politicians as a political donation? If so, what political party would have been most likely to receive the payments? Maybe that Libertarian Party, or the one that runs Gus Hall for president every year.
If I were a Civics teacher my first day of class would be teaching the children what scoundrels our elected officials and government workers are. I would use West Mifflin, McKeesport and Clairton as examples to prove my point.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 34
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Glassport 2 hr Frivolous Spending 14
Glassport Council Wishes All Merry Christmas! 2 hr Frivolous Spender 3
Gergley charged with gambling and corruption (Mar '16) 5 hr Troublemaker 108
Glassport inbreeding (May '16) 17 hr Riff Raff 3
Serra looking to cover-up, again (Feb '16) Sun Mike Ference 81
215 New Replies Dec 2 Kickback Kid 4
Raise Taxes and Save Glassport Nov 29 Sweety Malone 23

McKeesport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance