$30,000 grant wasted
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
bucco

Mckeesport, PA

#1 May 24, 2014
Well, the GDC got into the wasting money mix.$30,000 wasted on a guy telling the boro and GDC officials what they wanted to hear rather than telling them the reality of Glassport's situation.
Oh, the business district can be spruced up and could be viable. Right!! Who would move into the vacant buildings, especially when there is nothing but low income people? Who would shop there other than shop-lifters? Seriously.
There are no blighted areas in Glassport? Parts of Ohio, Vermont and all of Hemlock are the next step away from being boarded up and condemned. No blighted areas my ass!
The old Jr High School could be developed into senior apartment living. Why hasn't it been done to date if it was such a great place to develop? I understand the school district had been trying to get someone to do this with not even the slightest bite.
I especially like the one person talking about housing and what kind the boro would be interested in. If you read between the lines, she's talking about low income housing for the non taxpayers flooding our town. Ummm, NO THANK YOU!
$30,000 wasted telling our boro officials what they wanted to hear. Garbage is what the study got us.$30,000 of garbage.
John D

West Mifflin, PA

#2 May 24, 2014
my sister makes 30K in a month giving out BJ's to married guys in glassport
even tax free HA!
Meatloaf

Mckeesport, PA

#3 May 24, 2014
Agreed. Should of used the money for a nice brochure concerning the Glassport vacant riverfront property and the vacant industrial park buildings and should have sent it out to 500 companies with some type of incentive plan for relocating here. Council and GDC are working ass-backwards here trying to attract small businesses that have absolutely no reason for moving into Glassport. Hell, Glassport can't even support the businesses it presently has! What a waste!

And don't let your Meatloaf!
Wayne

West Mifflin, PA

#4 May 25, 2014
speaking of meat my sister loves a good stuffing of meat every now and then.
abcd

Monongahela, PA

#5 May 25, 2014
Wayne wrote:
speaking of meat my sister loves a good stuffing of meat every now and then.
so does your mouth
Livin the Nightmare

Mckeesport, PA

#6 May 25, 2014
It was nothing but a $30,000 publicity stunt to get on the front page of the Daily News to make it look like something is happening in this town, when nothing actually is.$30,000 for pictures in the Daily News.

What a waste of tax money!
Livin the Nightmare

Mckeesport, PA

#7 May 25, 2014
And the stupidity infesting this boro continues!!!
marty

West Mifflin, PA

#8 May 25, 2014
let the clowncil donate their $103. 00 monthly salary to help out the boro.
Tom

Glassport, PA

#10 May 26, 2014
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
They do donate their monthly stipends.
I spend mine on booze. What's it any of your business? I earn it. It's mine.
Hey cybergoober

Homestead, PA

#11 May 26, 2014
Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
I spend mine on booze. What's it any of your business? I earn it. It's mine.
Don't you have anything else better to do azswipe than to pretend to be someone you're obviously envious of?
Rosemary

West Mifflin, PA

#13 May 26, 2014
scum will take over the whole town the cops don't care clowncil don't care the mayor don't care
they keep gouging the elderly with higher taxes 2 years ago and there will be another increase next year there are more poor people in glassport than any other town in a 50 mile radius

it's in toilet now open your eyes we all see it..
Magnum PI

Pittsburgh, PA

#14 May 27, 2014
as long as youve got that many renters and section 8, youre never going to change anything. Industrializing is your only other option. Youre not going to draw any business here though. homeowners need to just throw in the towel. move on out. sell to a nice black family.
Yep

Homestead, PA

#15 May 27, 2014
Rosemary wrote:
scum will take over the whole town the cops don't care clowncil don't care the mayor don't care
they keep gouging the elderly with higher taxes 2 years ago and there will be another increase next year there are more poor people in glassport than any other town in a 50 mile radius
it's in toilet now open your eyes we all see it..
It's always been a poor mans town, always had section 8 and renters but more white than black, now we have an influx of black from Clairton, mass breeding has landlocked them in Clairton so naturally they're going to migrate out just like roaches. And the homeowners are the ones who suffer, better off just finding a slumlord to sell to and move the hellout. The schools are awful, and people in all boroughs around the slum called Glassport also suffer. Nobody wants to come to the district so people trying to sell in other boroughs are having problems getting what they want when they sell. It's bad all around. Those roaches are infesting the entire school district. Slumlords don't live here they don't care. And that idiotformerly known as no shame sits here with infomercials with no action. Sitting on topix with google copy pasting laws doesn't help cyberlawyer cyberpussy. You are a fool.
John D

West Mifflin, PA

#16 May 27, 2014
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
It's always been a poor mans town, always had section 8 and renters but more white than black, now we have an influx of black from Clairton, mass breeding has landlocked them in Clairton so naturally they're going to migrate out just like roaches. And the homeowners are the ones who suffer, better off just finding a slumlord to sell to and move the hellout. The schools are awful, and people in all boroughs around the slum called Glassport also suffer. Nobody wants to come to the district so people trying to sell in other boroughs are having problems getting what they want when they sell. It's bad all around. Those roaches are infesting the entire school district. Slumlords don't live here they don't care. And that idiotformerly known as no shame sits here with infomercials with no action. Sitting on topix with google copy pasting laws doesn't help cyberlawyer cyberpussy. You are a fool.
Your scum council and mayor are dragging this town down, they will all be voted out when it's their time. while rosemary fingers her old snatch all day she could care less about bringing businesses into this town. this is the worst politics in glassport history, and they want paid for doing nothing at all, the meetings are a joke the people running this town are a joke the cops are a joke it's way beyond repair.
JIM

Mckeesport, PA

#17 May 27, 2014
oh my wrote:
<quoted text>This isn't the first time glassport had this study done.
The boro is reaching out for a lost cause. There are more industrialized towns like mckeesport, Braddock and clairton that are more skewed to bigger business'. It's time for all the homeowners to realize they live in a ghetto and to expect what is happening! The damage is done and cannot be reversed.
You are so correct. We can thank Dimarco and Desue for setting Glassport on this path of irreversible damage. They were in charge for a long time and set the wheels in motion. They singlehandedly killed this town.
Blah

Homestead, PA

#18 Jun 10, 2014
WTF are you talking about? This has ALWAYS been the blighted town of the district. ALWAYS for well over 80 years and counting. It has always been the town to house the poor. What a fool to blame two people. It's always been teetering on the edge and house section 8 non tax paying folks. It's just noticeably more black because Clairton can only house so many mass breeding Obama TEET sucking welfare recipients.
NOT BLIND

Pittsburgh, PA

#20 Jun 10, 2014
I don't know where you grew up but Glassport was always made of steel mill workers - not poor people. People that worked hard all their lives to own their own homes and provide for their families. When the steel mills went under so did this valley.(The whole valley) not just Glassport. This town could have tried to replace the loss of the steelworkers but choose to sit by and watch all of this happen. We left the blacks from Clairton move in and the white trash from lower 10th ward. We did this because this town has no back bone to stop it!!!! We are all guity of what's going on in this town. Yes, the leaders have held us citizens back from doing what needs to be done but we let them!!! This whole town needs to get some pride back and clean house before we loss it all.( and we are close) Wake up people and start demanding change. Quit talking about it and do something!
Hahahahahaha

Homestead, PA

#23 Jul 7, 2014
Whining dumocrat libtards, you voted them into office, and then you whine about it, day after day, remember it's your fault they are going what they are doing, it's your votes that got them where they are. Hahahahahaha
Kenny

Mckeesport, PA

#24 Jul 7, 2014
Blah wrote:
WTF are you talking about? This has ALWAYS been the blighted town of the district. ALWAYS for well over 80 years and counting. It has always been the town to house the poor. What a fool to blame two people. It's always been teetering on the edge and house section 8 non tax paying folks. It's just noticeably more black because Clairton can only house so many mass breeding Obama TEET sucking welfare recipients.
This all falls back on two people: Chookie and Desue.They didn't have the brains or balls to take the bull by the horns, and instead got shat on by the bull.
Anna

West Mifflin, PA

#25 Jul 7, 2014
I once had a bulldog that used to lick
his nuts then lick your face.
he was a lovable dog

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What did I just listen too? 2 min Recording 6
Kosko 46 min Soup wont be happy 1
Is Dave Passes? 49 min Check 5
How can Ryan complain 2 hr Kortz PFA 16
democratic vs republician 19 hr Voted for Trump 26
News Ex-teacher charged with corrupting Schenley stu... (Feb '07) Oct 14 Harvey Weinstein 14
most haunted places in mckeesport (Oct '11) Oct 14 History Nut 12

McKeesport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

McKeesport Mortgages