First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Grim Reaper

Bronx, NY

#41 Feb 10, 2013
Why is it that someone complains at the quality of hires in the district, hires that had everything to do with nepotism and nothing to do with qualifications, and you believe they wanted a job.

It's just more smoke and mirrors. Belittle the people who point out the problems. Change the topics. And my personal favorite, claim people are leaving to remove the heat from their inept abilities or performance.
The problem in McKeesport is the few in power that exploit the district for personal gain. The hiring of a football coach with a questionable work background (and I'm not talking wins/losses, I'm talking ethics and morals). The hiring of a principle with the same problems (why leave a good district, unless the stink of Risha became too much and just added to his inability and lack of qualifications).
There is a reason the district is on the shape it is in! Yes there are some good teachers, and even good students. But instead of pushing for more and better from the school, we have people who accept the status quo. Say change is coming when they have no intention of in acting change. Accept the nepotism in hiring. Stand by when bad things happen and refuse to stand up to enact change.
How many people see something wrong and demand accountability from the district and board. There are people who saw bad things happening in the football program. These people sacrificed jobs and more to enact change. For this, those who reap the benefits should be grateful.
Change is made one step at a time. Not by belittling the kids and calling them thugs and Pittbulls Holtzman and starry do. Not by saying the parents are the problem like kiss does (yes I've seen the letter). Change is made by making tough decisions and putting people in positions that are competition and ethically moral.
Smith was a move in the right direction, let's keep going.
right on

Mckeesport, PA

#42 Feb 10, 2013
Grim Reaper wrote:
Why is it that someone complains at the quality of hires in the district, hires that had everything to do with nepotism and nothing to do with qualifications, and you believe they wanted a job.
It's just more smoke and mirrors. Belittle the people who point out the problems. Change the topics. And my personal favorite, claim people are leaving to remove the heat from their inept abilities or performance.
The problem in McKeesport is the few in power that exploit the district for personal gain. The hiring of a football coach with a questionable work background (and I'm not talking wins/losses, I'm talking ethics and morals). The hiring of a principle with the same problems (why leave a good district, unless the stink of Risha became too much and just added to his inability and lack of qualifications).
There is a reason the district is on the shape it is in! Yes there are some good teachers, and even good students. But instead of pushing for more and better from the school, we have people who accept the status quo. Say change is coming when they have no intention of in acting change. Accept the nepotism in hiring. Stand by when bad things happen and refuse to stand up to enact change.
How many people see something wrong and demand accountability from the district and board. There are people who saw bad things happening in the football program. These people sacrificed jobs and more to enact change. For this, those who reap the benefits should be grateful.
Change is made one step at a time. Not by belittling the kids and calling them thugs and Pittbulls Holtzman and starry do. Not by saying the parents are the problem like kiss does (yes I've seen the letter). Change is made by making tough decisions and putting people in positions that are competition and ethically moral.
Smith was a move in the right direction, let's keep going.
Exactly! The Holtzmans, Wards, and Kiss's of the world have come down with the disease of being the "Blamers" of the world. Blame everybody but themselves for their own shortcomings...imho, not being qualified to do the job in the first place. So, what do they do when things go bad? Blame it on others. The current mayor does the same thing too. We need to rid the city and school district of this disease because it's making us all sick.
Stand Up Teacher

Mckeesport, PA

#43 Feb 10, 2013
right on wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! So, what do they do when things go bad? Blame it on others. The current mayor does the same thing too. We need to rid the city and school district of this disease because it's making us all sick.
He did not blame anyone for the Cornell School episodes. He took the blame like a stand up guy. The MASD administration disciplined him for his unbecoming conduct.
Dick Tionary

Pittsburgh, PA

#44 Feb 10, 2013
Stand Up Teacher wrote:
<quoted text>
He did not blame anyone for the Cornell School episodes. He took the blame like a stand up guy. The MASD administration disciplined him for his unbecoming conduct.
Scandal would offer a better description than episodes. As would dysfunctional behavior, borderline criminal behavior, etc.

What type of discipline was handed out? A poorly scripted letter of the events that took place that would evenutally be removed is nto necessarily discipline. Sounds more like conspiracy.
I Was There

Mckeesport, PA

#45 Feb 10, 2013
Dick Tionary wrote:
<quoted text>
Scandal would offer a better description than episodes. As would dysfunctional behavior, borderline criminal behavior, etc.
What type of discipline was handed out? A poorly scripted letter of the events that took place that would evenutally be removed is nto necessarily discipline. Sounds more like conspiracy.
The news media and public hearings seemed to suggest that he and his significant other received unpaid time off.

It is the worst kept secret in the Port that the bad teacher behavior letter was removed from his file and replaced with a innocent teacher letter. And, everyone knows the two who were behind this white wash job. One of them is no longer with us.

I wonder if the other guy will be subpeaoned for the Ms.D. trial some day. That would be interesting testamony.
Funny

United States

#46 Feb 11, 2013
This is Over.. there is no other trial coming. The woman has already been fired. "Mrs.D" as you call her got what she deserved. Fired by Holtzman and the BOD. Done.. finished...Cherepko and MRs Cherepko were both disciplined for their roles... done deal.. over... very minor situation that got way more press than it deserved. Can't believe you peeps are still hashing this out. Holtzman does not have time for this garbage.
McFly

United States

#47 Feb 11, 2013
I just looked into this.. there is no need for him to pay back anything. it was a benefit of his position.. it was a Tuition assistance program where the district paid for his tuition. Many companies and school systems offer this kind of benefit to their employees.
mcflyswatter

Glassport, PA

#48 Feb 11, 2013
wrong answer. he wouldnt pay back anything IF he stayed a certain amount of required time at wm, which he obviously didn't. he owes and needs to pay back. we need the money.
John Q

United States

#49 Feb 12, 2013
Incorrect, West Mifflin School District does in fact have a tuition assistance program to help their faculty and staff to pursue their continuing education goals. It pays 100% and is NOT a reimburstment plan. It is Tuition Assistance that the District pays for the schooling to all qualified individuals who wish to pursue a higher degree.
Insider

United States

#50 Feb 13, 2013
Seriously, this is all going to end this year anyway. Once SR's wife's helath situation "resolves" itself, he will be leaving the district for the comfy confines of FWD TWP and will take his daughter with him. Then JR will also move on to a higher position in a real district that is not full of scum bags like Smith and his PittBull attitude thugs. I wish The Holtzman family all the best in this trying time.
Jane Q

United States

#51 Feb 13, 2013
I agree. I would be surprised if either of them stay. This family has dedicated so much to this district over the years, it is a shame for them to see their beloved MASD end up like this. The Mrs. has been a stalwart at the offices of the District Magistrate for many years and has helped countless people work through their own stupidity so many times. She will truly be in a better place.
weenie patrol

Mckeesport, PA

#52 Feb 13, 2013
Insider wrote:
Seriously, this is all going to end this year anyway. Once SR's wife's helath situation "resolves" itself, he will be leaving the district for the comfy confines of FWD TWP and will take his daughter with him. Then JR will also move on to a higher position in a real district that is not full of scum bags like Smith and his PittBull attitude thugs. I wish The Holtzman family all the best in this trying time.
What smith are you referring to ? I hope you don't mean George . He was and will be the best thing to happen to McKeesport . Do you realize how many underprivileged athletes he helped to get a collage education that they would otherwise never have been able to afford ? Including your beloved mark jr . Who wasn't even a good football player . Lol
Amazing

United States

#53 Feb 13, 2013
Obviously you missed the bus to COLLAGE. oh.. wait.. i saw your art work out side of the long run learning center and the AIU. Idiot.. aside from the obvious, Smith did NOTHING for JR. He earned the FULL RIDE to the 'Cuse. Despite what you may think, a D1 school does not give out full rides to athletes who suck. That is called a walk on at Slippery Rock. Yes.. that is the only Smith we are all referring to. It is almost Criminal the way this guy acts around the kids who actually deserve to be there. Ask the Poppa Pittbull how his kid was treated by Smith.. and his class won a State Championship!! He is not shy telling everyone within earshot how poorly Smith treated his kid.
Grim Reaper

United States

#54 Feb 13, 2013
Insider wrote:
See here we have the tried and true "don't worry they won't be here next year" BS. Who in their right mind would hire Baby cakes? If he was any good at what he does he wouldn't have to be the drippings of Risha's screw job to all the districts!!!

Baby Cakes ain't goin nowhere because HE'S NOT QUALIFIED!!! Get it through your thick skull!!! He'll be here til the state finally realizes he's run the high school into the ground (how they miss the test scores is a real head scratcher), and pull a Duquesne in McK.

Btw. How many parents realize their test scores make the kids eligible to go to other districts right now? Good ol pappa has been trying to keep a tight lid on that secret!!!
funny

United States

#55 Feb 13, 2013
Actually, you are wrong. Look it up. He used the same situation to have his won daughter sent to McClure a few years ago. The state is not missing the scores.. they are there in plain site.
weenie patrol

Mckeesport, PA

#56 Feb 13, 2013
Amazing wrote:
Obviously you missed the bus to COLLAGE. oh.. wait.. i saw your art work out side of the long run learning center and the AIU. Idiot.. aside from the obvious, Smith did NOTHING for JR. He earned the FULL RIDE to the 'Cuse. Despite what you may think, a D1 school does not give out full rides to athletes who suck. That is called a walk on at Slippery Rock. Yes.. that is the only Smith we are all referring to. It is almost Criminal the way this guy acts around the kids who actually deserve to be there. Ask the Poppa Pittbull how his kid was treated by Smith.. and his class won a State Championship!! He is not shy telling everyone within earshot how poorly Smith treated his kid.
Uh yeah D1 schools do give underserving scholarships to people based on size alone . It happens every year . I played with him and he was a bum . The only talent he had was his size . Look up the ports record during the years he played . Two of the very few losing seasons during smiths great coaching career . You obviously weren't a athlete because everyone I know who's played for him has nothing but respect for the guy . The only people that don't like him are the ones that weren't good enough to play and had dreams that they should have . Year after year he produces a winning team from the smallest quad a school in the wpial . From the sounds of it you were probably in the band and hate him cause he yelled at you to lose a few pounds in gym class . Lmao and I'm the idiot . You probably thought ward was a good replacement . How'd that work out for ya?
Grim Reaper

United States

#57 Feb 13, 2013
funny wrote:
Actually, you are wrong. Look it up. He used the same situation to have his won daughter sent to McClure a few years ago. The state is not missing the scores.. they are there in plain site.
You may have misunderstood me. I meant the scores are so bad, Mck students are Eligible to attend other schools in other districts! Go ahead, check it out.
Funny

United States

#58 Feb 14, 2013
That is correct, every kid in the district but the ones at WHITE OAK can go to another school that will have them. Holtzman used that issue a few years ago to keep his daughter from going to Cornell or GW. He had her sent to McClure before Cornell closed and those idiots drove the scores down at McClure. They had met AYP every year before the cornell closure.
John Q

United States

#59 Feb 14, 2013
weenie patrol wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh yeah D1 schools do give underserving scholarships to people based on size alone . It happens every year . I played with him and he was a bum . The only talent he had was his size . Look up the ports record during the years he played . Two of the very few losing seasons during smiths great coaching career . You obviously weren't a athlete because everyone I know who's played for him has nothing but respect for the guy . The only people that don't like him are the ones that weren't good enough to play and had dreams that they should have . Year after year he produces a winning team from the smallest quad a school in the wpial . From the sounds of it you were probably in the band and hate him cause he yelled at you to lose a few pounds in gym class . Lmao and I'm the idiot . You probably thought ward was a good replacement . How'd that work out for ya?
No, they do not give scholarships based on size. Sounds like some sour grapes that Mark JR got a full ride and you got to stay in the Port and run your drugs. A D 1 coach will never risk his job to give someone a scholarship that can't play. Not every one works out, but they all have the potential and skill initially. SOme leave the programs, some don't graduate. Others excell and become solid contributors to society(Mark JR and SR)while others go Pro (Donovan McNab)
Risha Lover

Bronx, NY

#60 Feb 14, 2013
He's a greed slob like his old man
McFly wrote:
I just looked into this.. there is no need for him to pay back anything. it was a benefit of his position.. it was a Tuition assistance program where the district paid for his tuition. Many companies and school systems offer this kind of benefit to their employees.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blacks 5 hr Johnny D 24
Glassport Neighborhood snitchwatch 6 hr Shawn D 9
Why aren't we making more arrests with the drug... 10 hr Huston 3
Versailles boro drugs...... 11 hr Paul 34
Why is Queeg using a Californis proxy location ... 11 hr Mike D 3
McKeesport Hospital is corrupt 18 hr Watch dog 7
Who is the most corrupt shaker and mover in the... Oct 21 Did the Rite Thing 13
McKeesport Dating
Find my Match

McKeesport Jobs