First Prev
of 2
Next Last
See through

Baden, PA

#21 Oct 25, 2013
Information in regards to the city of McKeesport fax by the FBI:
http://www.wastedive.com/news/investigation-o...
Game Again

Baden, PA

#22 Oct 27, 2013
http://www.tubecityonline.com/almanac/entry_1...
The Delta Report of years ago in McKeesport proved the city cannot run properly.

Illegal gambling indictments
http://www.wpxi.com/gallery/news/local/mugsho...

McKeesport condones illegal actions
http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/local/nei...
tax payer

West Mifflin, PA

#23 Oct 27, 2013
really? who get arrested? LOL!
ex councilman

West Mifflin, PA

#24 Nov 9, 2013
In the late 50's the city had a population of over 50K, now it's under 20K, you dont need 7 council members with such a small population.
It only needs 5 council members.......

With over 20% of the city's population over 65 years and older and a poverty level of over 23% the highest in Allegheny County things look very bleak and about to crash.

Because of the decline in the retail trade sectors and the reduction in the
overall number of business establishments, individual City residents now provide a higher
proportion of the City’s tax revenue than ever before. This is especially a burden for the
61.3% of City residents who fall into the low‐ to moderate‐income category.

Overall expenses for the City have increased at a rate of
about 4.1% per year over the past eight years. This is a problem for the City since the base
operating revenue, at about $17 million in 2009, increased at only 3.19% per year over the
same time period.

No city can operate with these figures .
It's just a matter of time before the State comes in and takes over.

As long as the politicial prostitutes keep getting their money, they cant let go of a good thing.

The State needs to take over the town before it hits bottom and we are about to do that very very soon.

This is something the politicains should be concerned about and should be telling the people of McKeesport the truth about their politicians failing over the years.

Grants and loans will no longer keep the city afloat. Man the life boats, you'll need them as you paddle down the river.

Corruption and nepotism and kickbacks have ruined the city of McKeesport over the last 10 years

This is what greed does to towns all over America.

Dont say I didnt tell you.

The cow is dry folks...be prepared for a very dark 2014.
Troublemaker

Pittsburgh, PA

#25 Nov 9, 2013
ex councilman wrote:
In the late 50's the city had a population of over 50K, now it's under 20K, you dont need 7 council members with such a small population.
It only needs 5 council members.......
With over 20% of the city's population over 65 years and older and a poverty level of over 23% the highest in Allegheny County things look very bleak and about to crash.
Because of the decline in the retail trade sectors and the reduction in the
overall number of business establishments, individual City residents now provide a higher
proportion of the City’s tax revenue than ever before. This is especially a burden for the
61.3% of City residents who fall into the low‐ to moderate‐income category.
Overall expenses for the City have increased at a rate of
about 4.1% per year over the past eight years. This is a problem for the City since the base
operating revenue, at about $17 million in 2009, increased at only 3.19% per year over the
same time period.
No city can operate with these figures .
It's just a matter of time before the State comes in and takes over.
As long as the politicial prostitutes keep getting their money, they cant let go of a good thing.
The State needs to take over the town before it hits bottom and we are about to do that very very soon.
This is something the politicains should be concerned about and should be telling the people of McKeesport the truth about their politicians failing over the years.
Grants and loans will no longer keep the city afloat. Man the life boats, you'll need them as you paddle down the river.
Corruption and nepotism and kickbacks have ruined the city of McKeesport over the last 10 years
This is what greed does to towns all over America.
Dont say I didnt tell you.
The cow is dry folks...be prepared for a very dark 2014.
I agree with most of what you write, except that the corruption, nepotism, and kickbacks have been going on for 28 years, since the mill closed.

There was plenty of it going on with Lou and his extended "family". Joe Bendel was Brewster's mentor, or do you think Joe was some kind of saint that Brewster corrupted?

Can't wait for the state to take over.
Ex McKeesporter

Homestead, PA

#26 Nov 9, 2013
Troublemaker wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with most of what you write, except that the corruption, nepotism, and kickbacks have been going on for 28 years, since the mill closed.
There was plenty of it going on with Lou and his extended "family". Joe Bendel was Brewster's mentor, or do you think Joe was some kind of saint that Brewster corrupted?
Can't wait for the state to take over.
Most sober statement ever in McKeesport, the state is taking over. Ray Malinchak was yelled at many times for saying it to city hall employees.
ex councilman

West Mifflin, PA

#27 Nov 9, 2013
The City has struggled with containing its general fund expenses over the past eight years.
Escalating personnel costs, debt service, and energy costs have pushed the City’s annual
rate of increase to about 4.1% during a period when the CPI only reflects an increase of
2.75%. The City’s budget, like most municipal budgets, is about 75% personnel and related
costs and about 15% debt service, leaving very little room for discretionary spending. For
this reason, the only way to reduce costs at any meaningful level is to reduce staff. The
general fund operating revenue has averaged a 3.19% annual increase over the same time
period, but this has been largely due to sales of assets to the Authority, refunding of
general obligation bonds, intergovernmental grant proceeds, and the ability to levy a higher
LST . Without these revenue&#8208;generating mechanisms, there would not have been
enough revenue generated to support the general operating expenditures.
Tapped reserve

Baden, PA

#28 Nov 23, 2013
Triple WoW wrote:
What surprises me is that the Mayor disputes the Delta document. How can this be? Sounds to me as if he didn't want this out, especially before the election. The Delta Development Group is one of the best in it's field.
Whoever the next Mayor and council are, they have their hands full.
The sewers were even sold to balance the budget. The city effectively sold every asset it had at it's disposal to balance the budget for the past 6 years. There is nothing left to sell, and no new tax bases to draw from. The next mayor will be filing for bankruptcy without a doubt.
The mayor had a fit in the newspapers! He went wild, then accepted early payment to McKeesport residents disadvantage. But as long a Mike Cherepko is living fine, no one else needs to.

Authority gain is McKeesport's loss, official says
February 23, 2012 5:00 AM

McKeesport solicitor John Jason Elash, however, recently echoed Mayor Mike Cherepko's assertion that the city had to accept the prepayment of the loan.

"There was no provision in there to prohibit [the authority] from prepaying the loan," Mr. Elash said.

But Mr. Malinchak said that, according to a legal rule known as the "perfect tender in time rule," when loan documents are silent on the issue of prepayment, the borrower may not be permitted to make prepayments of the loan. The rule applies to borrowers who promise to repay loans in installments at specified times or at a specified date. It means that borrowers have no right to compel a creditor to accept prepayment because they are bound by the payment dates in the loan, he said.
http://www.post-gazette.com/neighborhoods-sou...
Tapped reserve

Baden, PA

#29 Nov 23, 2013
The AG should visit all of this, because these past actions destroyed McKeesport. Even the Federal Government bases co tracts based on past performance.

"Without the cash flow generated by the sale of the sewer interceptors (2006), collection and conveyance system (ongoing) and receivables (2009) to the Authority, the city would be running huge structural deficits in its operating fund," Delta said.

Delta noted that "MACM has over $30 million of repairs" needed to meet state Act 537 mandates. So "there are no additional assets or cash reserves available for support for the city's operating revenue."

It also found that since 2005 the city budgeted for $2.5 million in tax revenue but only received $2.2 million. That apparently was based on the city receiving $2.49 million in 2002.

.
Of course, Elash and Cherepko and Brewster used old figures to make the budget.(from 2002!)

The budget had figures on way, but much less was available. Looking at a budget made by known crooks is the problem. The crooks wrote the budget, to keep Elash on.

When everything falls apart in McKeesport, they will simply shrug, not caring about McKeesport employees or residents.

The budget doesn't allow for IRS owing, multiple drink driving irresponsible solicitors. He's a jack of a trades, lacking full credentials. He didn't represent himself fit his DUI, lacking self confidence. Easy red flag, the mayor and Elash will play with figures in the budget to suit only themselves. Same as give tax money, rightfully to McKeesport residents to The Salvation Army and other places, meanwhile the McKeesport employees and residents suffer.
.
Anyone on here messaging anything as a lie on these thieves behalf is a relative, political friend like the indicted, mostly Elash.
No Interest Investment

Mckeesport, PA

#30 Nov 23, 2013
Tapped reserve wrote:
<quoted text>
McKeesport solicitor John Jason Elash, however, recently echoed Mayor Mike Cherepko's assertion that the city had to accept the prepayment of the loan.
"There was no provision in there to prohibit [the authority] from prepaying the loan," Mr. Elash said.
But Mr. Malinchak said that, according to a legal rule known as the "perfect tender in time rule," when loan documents are silent on the issue of prepayment, the borrower may not be permitted to make prepayments of the loan. The rule applies to borrowers who promise to repay loans in installments at specified times or at a specified date. It means that borrowers have no right to compel a creditor to accept prepayment because they are bound by the payment dates in the loan, he said.
It seems that by accepting this total loan prepayment that then Council President Cherepko, Solicitor Elash and the rubber stamp councilpersons majority traded an invest earning 4% for one with M & T that earned essentially NO INTEREST.

This has all the characteristics of "misuse of public funds" that should be of interest to the appropriate law enforcement entities.
John

Monongahela, PA

#31 Nov 23, 2013
FYI the city went to MACM for the early payoff they did not want to pay it off early!
Demolished school

Baden, PA

#32 Nov 23, 2013
They barely kept the city moving, but cause larger losses later for McKeesport. These aren't forward thinking politicians, especially the mayor. Pittman said they need to do that, not that Pittman wasn't doing it for self reasons, he was self serving.

Mike Cherepko has to know his 5th graders find him in error. Trading a interest earning investment to a non interest bearing account. They claim the fee was high, but Cherepko was a McKeesport school teacher. Most if McKeesport still thinks he was peeping for school teachers cheating at the now torn down Cornell School. He is part of the cause for another loss of McKeesport money. The school was torn down to try to hide the blemish.

McKeesport rewarded a Cornell School teacher involved a reward amount. A lady involved was punished, which probably was another game played. McKeesport, as everyone knows, including Cherepkos 5th graders, has a reputation for rewarding the scandal involved.

McKeesport is probably keeping two books, one to hide the true financial budget status. Another to show the public, falsified to shit everyone up.

Remember they used older tax figures for expectations. McKeesport is losing tax payers, declining in population, not gaining.

If the bank uses the falsified figures for loans to McKeesport, if they can receive a loan, the past figures are false. McKeesport is crumbling with many houses in disrepair.

Echo Star is gone, DirectTV, Maglev, with a ton of other companies that left McKeesport. Most of the McKeesport residents must travel to go to work.

McKeesport is lingering on a thread, short of a few emergencies and perhaps law suits to finish. McKeesport isn't fit for new residents, with a corrupt set of police and politicians.

Man 'tipped' by Pa. lawmaker waives gambling case | Source: KRMG-AM Tulsa
http://www.krmg.com/ap/ap/crime/man-tipped-by...

"Are they going to turn it in ...?" Melocchi asked during the recorded conversation.

"Who me? Not me," Gergely replied. "I just want to take care of you.
.
Trying to claim you tried to take care of the lady can only prove fruitless. Your worried primarily about your friends, criminals. The donation and the helping a woman was a afterthought. Your trying to take care of a criminal was your statement, in stark contrast to helping the woman.

Your words Gergely, "Who me? Not me," Gergely replied. "I just want to take care of you." (You, meaning Ronald Melocchi aka Porky caught by Operation Pork Chop for illegal actions.)

McKeesport has a reputation of protecting criminals in a private manner. Wiretap was only one means of discovery, but everything in McKeesport goes much deeper.)

(Remember, the messaging problems with city hall in McKeesport are adequate for voters.) what if they just make excuse if the same, the woman's voice message machine was broken.

We'd believe the private investigator, not Gergely for supporting illegal activity, failing to report. Why not, instead of trying to contact a woman after the fact you learned was a private investigator, report the criminal activity to The Liqour Board and Attorney General?

The only true, correct action you could possibly take.

Stop lying Gergely. Your brother is sitting with John Jason Elash as a friend in McKeesport city hall.

Your all connected in McKeesport.

Report: McKeesport faces big future deficits
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/dailynewsmcke...

Brewster criticized Malinchak for making the document public, calling it an irresponsible act.

"Why would you have a document that is not completed and is in draft form?" the mayor asked. "Mr. Malinchak clearly overstepped his bounds."

"My job is the watchdog for the citizens," Malinchak said.
Demolished school

Baden, PA

#33 Nov 23, 2013
McKeesport went to them because McKeesport is desperate. Now what did you at McKeesport city hall do with the McKeesport citizens $900,000?

McKeesport is probably keeping 2 books for the McKeesport budget. We can expect missing records to verify the false figures also. Something Cherepkos 5th graders probably wonder about is his self serving lies to the public. Brewster and Cherepko wanted to hide the Delta Report from everyone.

Lack of transparency is negativity.
McKeesport is known for cover ups everywhere.

Trust the Odenthall family, on the news for both of the McKeesport attempted cover ups:

The Ben South school administrator offices with porn on computers, and the 16 indictments. They appeared on both. The AG may benefit speaking to them.

McKeesport is hiding more.
Tipsters Contribute

Mckeesport, PA

#34 Nov 23, 2013
Demolished school wrote:
Brewster and Cherepko wanted to hide the Delta Report from everyone.
Lack of transparency is negativity.
McKeesport is known for cover ups everywhere.

McKeesport is hiding more.
What we do not know and will never know is how many confidential "tipsters," if any, covertly contacted the law enforcement authorities with valuable information about other city nefarious transgressions. I would speculate it is more than one.
Truth

Baden, PA

#35 Nov 26, 2013
Investigation of Pa. city's rising disposal costs leads to gambling ring bust
By Nicole Wrona Sept. 16, 2013
http://www.wastedive.com/news/investigation-o...

Dive Summary:

When McKeesport, Pa. controller Ray Malinchak saw a $170,000 annual increase in city sanitation costs after switching from Allied Waste to Nickolich Sanitation, he personally hired a private investigator and forwarded his findings to the federal government.

In December of 2012, a federal grand jury subpoenaed information regarding the municipal garbage collection and sale of scrap; it is speculated the sharp rise in collection costs was being investigated and a wiretap was put in place, which eventually led to the gambling charges.

Since then, 16 people in McKeesport, Pennsylvania, including a councilman, three former police officers and supervisors have been charged after being linked to a multi-million dollar gambling ring.

Grand jury sought data on suspicious garbage collection in McKeesport
September 14, 2013 12:00 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/local/nei...

The disclosure of the subpoena follows the announcement last week by the state attorney general's office that 16 people were charged in connection with what is believed to be a million-dollar Mon Valley gambling ring concentrated in McKeesport.

Attachment to grand jury request McKeesport subpoena
(Click for image copy of subpoena)
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/201309/...
Agreements

Baden, PA

#36 Nov 26, 2013
Tipsters Contribute wrote:
<quoted text>
What we do not know and will never know is how many confidential "tipsters," if any, covertly contacted the law enforcement authorities with valuable information about other city nefarious transgressions. I would speculate it is more than one.
Several tipsters are on Topix.
Tipsters Tip

Mckeesport, PA

#37 Nov 26, 2013
Agreements wrote:
<quoted text>
Several tipsters are on Topix.
That is fine and it seems like these tipster get it right and ahead of the curve.

So here is another heads up. Dellapena will become the next Council President and will have difficulty being as interested and for the taxpayers as Mr. Segina.

Mr. McCall, who is in violation of the third class city code, should not be on council but will become the VP.

You heard it on Topix first.
Falling Forward

Dravosburg, PA

#38 Nov 27, 2013
Tipsters Tip wrote:
<quoted text>
That is fine and it seems like these tipster get it right and ahead of the curve.
So here is another heads up. Dellapena will become the next Council President and will have difficulty being as interested and for the taxpayers as Mr. Segina.
Mr. McCall, who is in violation of the third class city code, should not be on council but will become the VP.
You heard it on Topix first.
I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't try to buy off Ms. Walker-Montgomery's vote and silence with one of those slots. I doubt they would give Mr. Soles the top slot as he is likely the councilperson in the strongest position to run against the Mayor. I'd love to be party to all the backroom deals being offered over these two meaningless positions.
Tipstes Tip

Mckeesport, PA

#39 Nov 27, 2013
Falling Forward wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't try to buy off Ms. Walker-Montgomery's vote and silence with one of those slots. I doubt they would give Mr. Soles the top slot as he is likely the councilperson in the strongest position to run against the Mayor. I'd love to be party to all the backroom deals being offered over these two meaningless positions.
Ms. Walker-Montgomery joined the MDC camp - so she may think. He welcome may be just a smoke screen to entice and tease her with either president or VP. They will eventually throw her under the bus the first opportunity. This is sad and deplorable because she is a good councilperson, smart and honest. He only flaw is that she believed the machine propaganda.

The deal is cut and dry -- Dellapena and McCall are in.

Do not forget that McCall hung out the former public works director to dry when he extracted from him at a public council meeting that Mayor Brewster ordered him to hand deliver payment checks to the trash contractor in Clairton. I am sure that the senator and MDC did not forget that negitivity.

If Fawn runs for mayor against the Cherepko and the senator's daughter, I will contribute to her campaign 100%. I like her as a person and elected official.

On the big picture there are too may "what ifs" out there with the AG and PSP covertly and overtly aggressively at work.

The political landscape could experience more indictment quakes, damaging plea bargains, or convictions at any time. Too much covert turmoil at this time to read the future tea leaves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I'm Outta Work, Golf & Baseball Equipment for... 11 hr RogaineInc 14
I love Mckeesport (Aug '16) Tue Swamp Rat 35
Marshalls Facebook Messenger Tue Swamp Rat 5
Democrat Austin Davis vs. Republican Fawn Walke... Mon UnDoc Risha 4
News Pennsylvania Republican aims to disrupt state D... Mon robot 1
who was JOEY BERTONE? (Apr '10) Dec 8 Touchable Swamper 305
things youll never hear in crawford village Dec 8 Monty Hall 29

McKeesport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

McKeesport Mortgages