Woman Killed In McKeesport Hit-And-Run Identified

Jan 16, 2013 Full story: CBS Local 39

Authorities have identified the woman who was struck and killed in a hit-and-run accident early this morning in McKeesport.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Right

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Jan 16, 2013
Hit and runs have occurred several times in McKeesport history. I don't recall any solved hit and runs in the past ten years.

I hope they find the driver, and the past responsible. Allegheny county Schurman said the driver in McKeesport didn't stop.

My condolences to the family. Most having to walk had life hard enough! To the family, sorry for your loss.
So Sorry 4 Loss

Mckeesport, PA

#2 Jan 16, 2013
Right wrote:
Hit and runs have occurred several times in McKeesport history. I don't recall any solved hit and runs in the past ten years.
I hope they find the driver, and the past responsible. Allegheny county Schurman said the driver in McKeesport didn't stop.
My condolences to the family. Most having to walk had life hard enough! To the family, sorry for your loss.
So sorry for the lost by family and friends.

I heard a rumor that the police have a suspect.
John Q

United States

#3 Jan 16, 2013
They didn't lose her... she is right there in the morgue!!! No on walkin the streets of the Port at 4am are up to anything good. Hope the cops get the dealer who ran her down... take 2 off the streets each episode. Culling their own herd.
Tragedy

Pittsburgh, PA

#4 Jan 16, 2013
So Sorry 4 Loss wrote:
<quoted text>
So sorry for the lost by family and friends.
I heard a rumor that the police have a suspect.
Might be because of J.L. Marco, the witness. He's always around the area in the wee hours. I'm glad he can witness because he's known to be very credible.

We should start raising money for the family.
Tragedy

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 Jan 16, 2013
Driver Found

Mckeesport, PA

#6 Jan 16, 2013
Woman Killed; Police Seek Hit-and-Run Driver

Category: News By Jason Togyer

Update, 6:58 p.m.: Police announced Wednesday night that they had located a vehicle and a driver.

Update, 7:03 p.m.: The victim has been identified by the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office as Lorraine Wilkes, 56.

Thanks Jason for the news update on your Tube City Almanac
McKsprt Girl

Pittsburgh, PA

#7 Jan 17, 2013
John Q wrote:
They didn't lose her... she is right there in the morgue!!! No on walkin the streets of the Port at 4am are up to anything good. Hope the cops get the dealer who ran her down... take 2 off the streets each episode. Culling their own herd.
Have you no sense of decency . Have you no shame !
port nsider

United States

#8 Jan 17, 2013
John Q is right on this one again. LOL... found pieces of the murder weapon on the streets... pieces of a Jeep Cherokee.. Blue... late 90's model.
Shame on U

Mckeesport, PA

#9 Jan 17, 2013
John Q wrote:
Shame on you. It appears that the person had some mental health issues and lived at a facility less than 100 from where she was killed. The facility is an assisted living arrangement with no lockdown policy
port nsider

United States

#10 Jan 17, 2013
That's funny.. she lived there because her family OWNS the place.
Alright

Pittsburgh, PA

#11 Jan 17, 2013
The hit and run driver vehicle is impounded?
Alright

Pittsburgh, PA

#12 Jan 17, 2013
Driver Found wrote:
Woman Killed; Police Seek Hit-and-Run Driver
Category: News By Jason Togyer
Update, 6:58 p.m.: Police announced Wednesday night that they had located a vehicle and a driver.
Update, 7:03 p.m.: The victim has been identified by the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office as Lorraine Wilkes, 56.
Thanks Jason for the news update on your Tube City Almanac
I see it! I am glad he was found. I am curious to see who did it and hear the reason. If on purpose, no reason will be acceptable. But the driver had to hear the hit and know. I'm upset with the past several excuses that they thought it was a dog or animal. You'd stop for a animal if hit!

Too many get away with hit and run on the right of way excuse. This driver never stopped. He could been drunk and we may never know. The driver never stopped.
Hate John Q

Belle Vernon, PA

#13 Jan 17, 2013
John Q wrote:
You are an ass. The poor woman is dead. You come on here spewing hatred, untruthful, asinine drivel. The next time you are driving through Mckeesport dumping your trash, I hope one of Coach Smith's renegade, criminal pittbulls puts a .44 caliber bullett between your eyes you lowlife scum.
Cmon

Saline, MI

#14 Jan 17, 2013
So they said he was a former officer. Who was it?
Confused

Mckeesport, PA

#15 Jan 17, 2013
Cmon wrote:
So they said he was a former officer. Who was it?
Who is he? John Q or the driver of the hit and run SUV?
Hey

Pittsburgh, PA

#16 Jan 17, 2013
Confused wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is he? John Q or the driver of the hit and run SUV?
Everyone included me is just confused as you are. John Q is a football coach according to other post. I do not know him at all other than from on here. No idea if any is true or not as to even the coach part. I think he's upset with McKeesport practices and went off. I feel so sorry for that lady and her family. I know the news said they caught the driver and impounded the truck. But why not reveal who the driver is? Everyone wants to see the driver, it should be public. Hope the judges don't postpone as many times as Elash. He could have hit someone while driving drunk at 716 Long Run Road.
Hey

Pittsburgh, PA

#17 Jan 17, 2013
"Everyone, including me" is just as confused as you are.
Insider

United States

#19 Jan 17, 2013
John Q drives a Hummer.. not a Jeep or Escalade. Yes, he has been coaching for a long time in youth sports. He is an expert on many things... and best of all... he openly spews total disdain for the Port. Difference between him and most people, is he says what he thinks about the port. There are deep seated hatred for the port amongst all of the surrounding areas that goes back into the 80's. The port is responsible for all of the valley drug trade and gang violence clear to Monessen. It all starts with the scum bags living the dream in the port.
Insider

United States

#20 Jan 17, 2013
The driver of the car that hit the druggie/hooker is in custody and is indeed a former officer in the port from what I am hearing.
Troublemaker

Pittsburgh, PA

#21 Jan 17, 2013
Insider wrote:
John Q drives a Hummer.. not a Jeep or Escalade. Yes, he has been coaching for a long time in youth sports. He is an expert on many things... and best of all... he openly spews total disdain for the Port. Difference between him and most people, is he says what he thinks about the port. There are deep seated hatred for the port amongst all of the surrounding areas that goes back into the 80's. The port is responsible for all of the valley drug trade and gang violence clear to Monessen. It all starts with the scum bags living the dream in the port.
So bitching here accomplishes what?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
e.s. good council women or wild party animal? 6 hr Chief K 7
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 6 hr Ed Swindell 51,527
Club 22 Manager/Policeman Charged W/Sexual Hara... (Mar '14) 6 hr Shawn 37
3 surgeries from a concussion 10 hr Loser 6
Glassport scum 10 hr Tom B 6
What happened to the Viking Lounge 10 hr Skinny Man 73
mcbride's Bumpy man nutz 11 hr these NUTZ!!!! 1
McKeesport Dating

more search filters

less search filters

McKeesport Jobs

McKeesport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

McKeesport News, Events & Info